Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-15, 08:31   Link #41
aarinfantasy
aarinfantasy.com
*Fansubber

No problem, I will just inform KissSub about it Thanks.

~
Old 2006-04-15, 12:48   Link #42
domino
デレデレ

Hmm, I watched episode 1 and I can't tell if I like it or not... the pacing is terrible, the animation is pretty bad (but the art is lovely!), and the characters look so dull... hmm T_T I'll keep watching to see what happens to the main character, I guess...

Quite a few errors in the fansub too... ^^; mispelling "sensei" as "sensai" and translating "skirt" as "hair" are some of the ones I remember, but there were more...
Old 2006-04-15, 17:25   Link #43
KissSub

Send a message via MSN to KissSub
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
And yes, it would be only common courtesy to have KissSub to confirm this request as they have made several requests now to have it listed. Sorry about this but we have heard nothing about removing the torrent nor does there appear to be anythng about this on the KissSub site.
Sorry for all the troubles. Yes, KissSub-Jelly is doing a joint release of Princess Princess with aarinfantasy and plan to release the Ep1 and Ep2 together. I’ve just sent email to Animesuki staff to remove the current torrent from the site.

Thanks for all the support!
Old 2006-04-15, 17:51   Link #44
xris
Just call me Ojisan

OK, torrent removed from AnimeSuki. We will wait for your joint release

BTW, if you release the joint fansub (with aarinfantasy) and it's listed on the aarinfantasy torrent site then we will be able to pick it up as soon as it appears (or in other words, there shouldn't be a big delay like we had with your first release).
Old 2006-04-15, 18:19   Link #45
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I'm looking really forward for you guys to sub the second episode of Princess Princess ^^
Old 2006-04-15, 20:14   Link #46
KissSub

Send a message via MSN to KissSub
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
OK, torrent removed from AnimeSuki. We will wait for your joint release .
Thanks, Ojisan! Haha, love your ava XDDDDDDDDDD
Old 2006-04-17, 11:56   Link #47
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Do any females actually appear? I mean I don't think I will continue watching unless there are some real females.
Old 2006-04-17, 14:00   Link #48
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

So an anime has to deal with female characters (yuuurrrriiii is "a la moooode" and toooo "moe moe" desu ne ?) to be interesting ?
I enjoyed the 2 first eps. Situations and characters are funny and the charadesign is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.
Old 2006-04-17, 14:44   Link #49
DrewGSR

hmm i dont think their will be any real girls in it Leo. Prolly going to be just that guy dressing up as a girl and being the only chick in the show... If that is true then yea im gonna have to pass also.
Old 2006-04-17, 14:59   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'd normally find the yaoi undertones and lack of actual women off-putting, but somehow the characters and the situation are working for me, so I'll hang around for a while.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-04-17, 21:00   Link #51
Dell Virago
Caffine Queen

Send a message via MSN to Dell Virago
I will probably lose all creditability in saying this,but what is gonna keep me watching this: the guys are hot. Do I have really odd taste in guys, or do other people agree with me? Pretty Anime Boys Hell Girl, xxxHolic, and to many university texts, i have had enough heavy stuff for now... the mindless stuff i dont really mind, but again, the guys are cute * Sigh, they dont make em like that in real life*
Old 2006-04-17, 21:08   Link #52
Eclipze

If you actually need your regular dosage of real women in a show in order to enjoy it, I think its better for you people to stop watching this.

For a yaoi anime, Princess Princess seems pretty alright, although a little plain so far.
Old 2006-04-18, 08:33   Link #53
Friera

It's an really slow anime, to be honest. It has potenisal, however, It might take so long before something really good happens.

Spoiler for episode 2:
Spoiler:

There probably are som really good story developing, but it might take too long for me to keep me interested.
Right now it is only the art that keeps me watching. But I have not given up just yet! ^^
Old 2006-04-18, 14:27   Link #54
ryublade

Actually, some of the characters in Princess Princess have shown up as side characters in other mangas by the same author, such as The Day of Revolution & Family Complex (mangas which are currently being scanlated by some groups). But what is up with Sakamoto's sea green coloring? I know he's supposed to a plain looking/normal person but now he just looks like an alien which makes him look so ridiculous. (Totally out of character based on the manga)
Old 2006-04-26, 01:19   Link #55
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I watched the first three episodes. I'll spill a bit of my thoughts. From reading this thread, it seems to me that the anime iteration misrepresents the manga. Fortunately, this does not affect me, as I have not read the manga, and I'm enjoying this show for what it is. The drawings and the ending sequence gives off a feel in contrast with the anime itself. From the pictures in this thread (and what I've seen elsewhere), it gives off a strong yaoi context, but yet so far there are none of it in the anime, only very vague hints. I don't see any serious romantic love the protagonist(s) have for each other, and to this point the mindsets of the main characters are still straight (omitting regular students). They are simply just doing their job. Perhaps this will change later in the show.

Anyways, I found this series more amusing than I first expected. The brunt of this show's humor arises from the fundamental absurdity of the situation. For example, the male students blushing at the initial sight of a Tooru in uniform? It goes against our mental conventions so I can't help but just go "what the..." and chuckle at it. Makes me wonder, why don't the school just hire actual females? If the Princess budget is as large as it sounds, there should be enough money to hire a reasonably attractive female (or more, if possible) to dress up and do the duties of a princess at regular or specific time intervals. Ah well, perhaps that will take away the whole point and premise of the show. I know the comedy thus far is just basically about pretty boys in dresses, but this simple humor kept me entertained through the episodes so far. As long as it keeps amusing me, I shall keep watching.
Old 2006-04-26, 07:18   Link #56
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

This show is pretty ridiculous, in a fun way. Guys going gaga over guys disguised as girls.. to quote Muir Woods: "What the..." Lol, this feels like a parody of every BL/yaoi shows out there. Can I even take this show seriously?

I'm so in love with Romi Paku's voice.

No news about the number of episodes yet?
Old 2006-04-27, 18:18   Link #57
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Just saw episode 04.
Spoiler for Comments on episode 04:

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-04-27 at 18:28.
Old 2006-04-28, 16:02   Link #58
domino
デレデレ

Hmm.. though I still don't know what to think of the anime version of this, I'm excited because of recent news: Princess Princess is being adapted into a live-action TV series!! Hooray~~

Should be really funny. Especially since some of my favorites will be main characters (Saito Takumi *__*) ...
Old 2006-04-28, 16:14   Link #59
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
And don't forget KenKen!

Yeah, I wasn't too incredibly impressed by the anime, but I'll definitley be checking out the live-action series!

*points to Takumi in avatar*
Old 2006-04-29, 06:45   Link #60
Friera

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Hmm.. though I still don't know what to think of the anime version of this, I'm excited because of recent news: Princess Princess is being adapted into a live-action TV series!! Hooray~~

Should be really funny. Especially since some of my favorites will be main characters (Saito Takumi *__*) ...

WHAT?! Where did you find that out?!
Closed Thread