AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-10-31, 16:44   Link #1001
Master Tasuke
Lady Shaorin's Soulmate

Tales of the Abyss is one of my absolute favorite RPGs. i wish somebody would have made 11" dolls of Colette and Natalia! i have the small scale figures of them, you can see them here in my gallery: http://shaorin-chan.deviantart.com/
Master Tasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 22:07   Link #1002
Kenoshin
kero kero kero kero~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
my 2 cent

And here are some more

more in my thread and more later this evening.
can I use one of the jade pictures that are in your thread from episode 2?
Old 2008-10-31, 22:45   Link #1003
Undertaker

I love the game as well, just checked the anime adaption, the story has a pretty good pace so far, I love the VAs and wish the game had kept its original Japanese voice, ( That should be a rule to all Japan originate games, with exception of FF and Meatl Gear since they are the only two series that actually put in efforts for English dubbing, not to mention by keeping Japanese VA, the localization should be much faster.)

One thing surprises me through, Natalia is really cute in the anime. In the game, while I like Natalia, and she got a cute face, but but she just doesn't strike me the way Tear does, but for some reason, Natalia in anime completely won me over, Tear no longer dominates the fight for the leading gal of Abyss. (BTW, I still likw Tear more, but its turns to a pretty close fight)
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 23:11   Link #1004
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
One thing surprises me through, Natalia is really cute in the anime. In the game, while I like Natalia, and she got a cute face, but but she just doesn't strike me the way Tear does, but for some reason, Natalia in anime completely won me over, Tear no longer dominates the fight for the leading gal of Abyss. (BTW, I still likw Tear more, but its turns to a pretty close fight)
I am also liking Natalia more in the anime than I did so in the game.

Same for Anise.
Old 2008-10-31, 23:32   Link #1005
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Personally my feelings for the characters aren't that different between anime and the game. Natalia I like just about the same though looking forward to moments later in the series for her. While I liked Tear it never really went far beyond handy character to have in a fight .

Looking forward to seeing if I feel too differently about characters after seeing the series. Be interesting for comparison at any rate.
Old 2008-11-01, 06:12   Link #1006
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
And also a place to discuss the adaptation from game to anime and how they may change events to fit into a different medium. Plus as you mentioned the coming episodes should spawn alot of thought provoking discussions as Tales of the Abyss does have an interesting plot and a caste of great characters.

Plus I want a thread for the worship of Jade Curtis, the god of TotA. Screw Julia, Jade is the one that deserves a religion in his name.
Sometimes, I wish I'm watching this with no knowledge of the game because it'll be easier to join in discussions like that. Still, like you, it'll be nice to compare differences. So far, not many noticeable ones I must say.

I second that. I'll join that religion for Jade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I am also liking Natalia more in the anime than I did so in the game.

Same for Anise.
For me, it's Tear and Anise. I always like Natalia. I really dislike Tear's English VA so hearing Yukana as Tear is so refreshing. I love Tear a lot more now. As for Anise, the seiryuu must be doing something like because it's from dislike to like now.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 14:20   Link #1007
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

They spent longer in the factory than they did in Choral.

That's uh...

Okay...?

Basically everything that happened in there was new/fillerish stuff, including a Natalia flashback, Tear being scared, etc etc.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 15:14   Link #1008
kureizero

If I remember right most of factory scenes were just skits animated and not anything original (minus Natalia's past). In the end, it was just so they can stall and end it where the last episode should have.
kureizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 15:20   Link #1009
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureizero View Post
If I remember right most of factory scenes were just skits animated and not anything original (minus Natalia's past). In the end, it was just so they can stall and end it where the last episode should have.
Well, considering that they're blitzing through all of Zao, Chesedonia, and (probably ending at) Deo Pass next week, the pacing here seems a bit wonky.
Old 2008-11-01, 15:24   Link #1010
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 15:29   Link #1011
NoLongerSane

I read the blog and saw the images for the episode. From what I saw, it shows how Ion was transported via Dark Wings car. Was happy to see that the spider boss was included in this episode, though I remember the creature being a lot bigger than what was dipicted in the images. I will have to see the episode when it comes out to see what else was added or subtracted. It looks like an enjoyable episode to watch.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 16:44   Link #1012
Darkurai

So they finally
Spoiler:
then? Good. Now people will stop complaining that it's hidden when it's shown in the opening. They did that in the game too.
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 22:06   Link #1013
xellos2099

I am kind fo surprise they would include the contamination effect sidequest here.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 23:18   Link #1014
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I am kind fo surprise they would include the contamination effect sidequest here.
I think they were desperate for another 30 seconds to fill and can only show Ion going "You are...!" so many times.
Old 2008-11-02, 02:22   Link #1015
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Holy shit.

Spoiler for Ep 6 cute spoilers:
Old 2008-11-02, 03:28   Link #1016
yolin.shana

I loved this episode<3
yolin.shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 04:02   Link #1017
velkito

I dropped this show a little after the middle of ep.4. Two silly lolies talking silly stuff at the middle of some silly "battle" *wth sigh* Anyone wanna convince me to continue though?
velkito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 05:38   Link #1018
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I'm voting for making the Jade and Tear social group.
Old 2008-11-02, 09:04   Link #1019
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Quote:
Originally Posted by velkito View Post
I dropped this show a little after the middle of ep.4. Two silly lolies talking silly stuff at the middle of some silly "battle" *wth sigh* Anyone wanna convince me to continue though?
pretend anise doesnt exist
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 10:23   Link #1020
yolin.shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by velkito View Post
Arietta is only one of the six God-Generals, she's not going to appear all the time. She's my favourite, personnally (not counting Asch, of course =3), but if you don't like lolies, the others have an interesting story too.
I'd say at least wait for Akzeriuth, then decide whether or not you want to continue.
yolin.shana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy