AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-08, 12:16   Link #101
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsuspectingvisitor View Post
i have a question.

i heard alot about reincarnation thing while watching the anime.
whats happening when they reincarnate?. did they grow up again and experience the same life as before ?

if this is true then they will eventually return to THAT place since they will end up dying again with the same regrets in life.it seems like they're trap in an infinite loop though.
No, I'm pretty sure they get another chance to die without regrets. It's why they all eventually have to leave the Afterlife. If they were in a constant loop, then why not just send them to a permanent resting place after their first death instead of the Afterlife?
Quote:
Originally Posted by derk2468 View Post
Okk, figured out most of my questions but still have a few.
-Is Track Zero and the first 2 volumes of Heavens Door the same thing??
am I missing something with not reading Track Zero? Everywhere I look Track Zero is listed as an artbook, is it? Or is there a seperate artbook for just Track Zero?
-Is there a translation of the 4-Koma out there??
-What is in the comic anthology? The 4-Koma and Track Zero just in one book??

-And most importantly....when is Heavens Door Vol. 3 coming out??!!?! in 2 it said there would be a 3rd and they obviously left it on a cliffhanger. They couldn't just stop could they? I'd have to cut someone then :/
-I haven't finished reading the manga, but I believe so. So far, the manga has followed the novel closely. The mangaka may extend the manga a little past the novel's storyline. Track Zero is probably coming up as an artbook because it has a lot of nice drawings, and I guess the stores don't know what light novels are.
-There is a translation of some odd strips out there. BoysDeMo is scanlating some of them, I have no idea if they have or will do all of the strips.
-From what I see, the anthology is a mixture of different Angel Beats manga by different artists. It includes at least some of Heaven's Door. Look here for some inside shots. If you can't find out on your own and you want to buy it, maybe you could email this seller and ask what's inside?
Old 2011-10-08, 14:20   Link #102
derk2468

Well thank you for the extremely fast reponse, I was not expecting that at all.

I finished both volumes of heavens door, and ill look into the translation of Track Zero to see if they really are just the same story. I'll only buy Track Zero if it has any special illustrations or the sort. Other than that it looks like ill only have to buy the 4-Koma and the 2 artbooks. They seem to be really the only books out there not yet translated. It'll be a good spot for me to start to learn more about the Japanese language and translating.

Btw, would you mind explaining to me the difference between a light novel and a manga?? In ignorant English terms, aren't they both just comics??
Old 2011-10-08, 14:24   Link #103
unsuspectingvisitor

well the story is kinda mess up so we didn't know for sure.

another question

can they disappear even though their regrets in life wasn't fulfilled?
Old 2011-10-08, 22:05   Link #104
vrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by derk2468 View Post
Well thank you for the extremely fast reponse, I was not expecting that at all.

I finished both volumes of heavens door, and ill look into the translation of Track Zero to see if they really are just the same story. I'll only buy Track Zero if it has any special illustrations or the sort. Other than that it looks like ill only have to buy the 4-Koma and the 2 artbooks. They seem to be really the only books out there not yet translated. It'll be a good spot for me to start to learn more about the Japanese language and translating.

Btw, would you mind explaining to me the difference between a light novel and a manga?? In ignorant English terms, aren't they both just comics??
light novel is similar to a short story [99% of it words], thers a few illustrations pasted through out the book

manga is purely a comic [100% pictures]
Old 2011-10-09, 01:41   Link #105
derk2468

A solid easy answer, thank you very much
Old 2011-10-13, 08:41   Link #106
InTheHeadx3

So why is Kanade in the after life ages before Yuzuru arrives?
Oh, and the epilogue (the one in ep 13). The store name is called 10Q LL ANGEL
Which can be read as "Thank you, love lots, Angel"
The actual place in japan is called Shibuya 109
Old 2011-10-13, 19:24   Link #107
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

I think the Kanade question has been answered, but I think it's just speculation, even so, the general consensus is that Otonashi had a fulfilled life, therefore he would've gone peacefully into a proper afterlife. But for Kanade to have her regrets fulfilled, Otonashi needed to go into the afterlife she was in so Kanade could thank him for saving her life, or Kanade would have forever remained in that world, unable to move on. Or to put it simply, Kanade's presence eventually dragged Otonashi into the world she was in, erasing his memory so he could remain in the world long enough for Kanade to move on.
Old 2011-10-19, 09:33   Link #108
kaitok
Inspired Musician

I have a question about Hinata! If Hinata took drugs living.. Why did he get any addiction in Afterlife since theoretically Hinata's body is still his, so he should still have his drug addict. Is it possible to create drugs from dirt? o_O
Old 2011-10-19, 16:59   Link #109
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Well. Addiction is technically a sickness, so I'm gunna say that as nobody gets sick, and get freed from sickness upon death, he would be free of any addiction.
Either that or he never took the drug, there's nothing to say he did (or didn't).
Old 2011-10-20, 09:20   Link #110
kaitok
Inspired Musician

but it'd be fun if he still wants to continue to take drugs. arent any of them having a regret that is they nv tried drugs/smoking/drinking or anything that is forbidden in sch before while alive? LOL.

btw where did people get the name Masami for Iwasawa?! Her name is Asami not Masami. Why is there such a big confusion over her name? ._.

/edit
i realise on the official guide book there's proof Iwasawa's name is Masami not Asami. OMG WHERE DID THIS CONFUSION CAME FROM????

Last edited by kaitok; 2011-10-28 at 06:42.
Old 2011-10-27, 16:57   Link #111
Sunburst

Why do some characters in the afterlife still need eyeglasses? If I’m not completely mistaken, persons who come to the afterlife are freed from every kind of sickness. So why do they still need eyeglasses?
Yui’s paralysis has been taken from her, even if it wasn’t a result of a sickness and I don’t think that a paralysis is rather a sickness than weak eyes.

I’m a bit confused now
Old 2011-11-03, 13:53   Link #112
kaitok
Inspired Musician

OMG. I just got this random-est question ever that poped up in my head...

if everyone's hairstyle were to remain the same from the moment of their death and them arriving at Afterlife... (Otonashi is the best example, he didnt get his messy long hair when he appeared)... and their hair generally doesnt grow in afterlife (since I guess can be explained that time is not part of their life there)...

how did iwasawa get her hair back?? (note: right before Iwasawa's death, she was bald and lying on the bed). O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunburst View Post
Why do some characters in the afterlife still need eyeglasses? If I’m not completely mistaken, persons who come to the afterlife are freed from every kind of sickness. So why do they still need eyeglasses?
Yui’s paralysis has been taken from her, even if it wasn’t a result of a sickness and I don’t think that a paralysis is rather a sickness than weak eyes.

I’m a bit confused now
i kindda made up an answer for this. Maybe because only things that caused their death, or created their "regrets" while alive are removed? since generally, wearing specs wont cause any harm to them, like they're not the source of their death, nor is part of their regrets

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-03 at 16:19. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
Old 2011-11-03, 16:49   Link #113
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

People probably appear as they remembered themselves at their best.
I.e. Iwasawa's best memories wouldn't feature her bald, and Otonashi's hair didn't go all shaggy and long because he was at his best helping people until his death (Yeah, I know he didn't remember anything, but just go with the flow here, IF he remembered himself, it'd be this).
Best explanation I could come up with, never really put that much thought into it.
Old 2011-11-13, 05:38   Link #114
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Question

So let me get this straight? I'm I getting the ending?
Spoiler for My question:

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-11-13 at 23:04.
Old 2011-11-13, 16:16   Link #115
Mynameis832

Okay, I have a question...

How many people bawled their eyes out...

Spoiler for end:

Old 2011-11-13, 21:44   Link #116
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis832 View Post
Okay, I have a question...

How many people bawled their eyes out...

Spoiler for end:

Like. A. BABY.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:46   Link #117
Jao
panchi~

Sorry for being a slowpoke, but:

Has there been any news on the VN adaption since it was announced months and months ago? I'm so out of the loop I don't know if it was even green-lit or not.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Old 2011-11-16, 09:01   Link #118
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Sorry for being a slowpoke, but:

Has there been any news on the VN adaption since it was announced months and months ago? I'm so out of the loop I don't know if it was even green-lit or not.
yeh but as we all know so far.. no news about it. it's been more than half a year so chances of it might that it could just be striked off already.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:23   Link #119
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitok View Post
yeh but as we all know so far.. no news about it. it's been more than half a year so chances of it might that it could just be striked off already.
Now that Rewrite's done with.....let's just hope eh?
Old 2011-12-20, 08:06   Link #120
daniel2pm

Spoiler for episode:
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a