AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-10, 01:29   Link #241
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

new toy coming out in february. costs 150 USD.
but i dont know if i can resist playing dress up with tamaki.... she even comes with her own gym shorts...

Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 02:29   Link #242
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

New Megami

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 10:26   Link #243
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Just a note. This is the discussion thread for the TV series, To Heart 2

If you wish to discuss the new OVA, then please post in the To Heart 2 OVA discussion thread.

If you wish to discuss the game, then please post in the To Heart 2 discussion thread located in the Games forum.

Some of the recent posts from this thread have now been moved to the OVA thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 01:38   Link #244
Nidema

i am planing to watch this tomorrow.... is there no closure to which girl he chooses after the 13 eps?
Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 02:02   Link #245
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
i am planing to watch this tomorrow.... is there no closure to which girl he chooses after the 13 eps?
If you really want to know so badly
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 07:24   Link #246
VicViper_Mk2
Combat Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
new toy coming out in february. costs 150 USD.
but i dont know if i can resist playing dress up with tamaki.... she even comes with her own gym shorts...

wahhhhh... the prettyness. i want to get one, or rather i want to get a set of the clothe and try.
VicViper_Mk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 01:03   Link #247
Zeaig
"Send me to Paradise"

Send a message via AIM to Zeaig Send a message via MSN to Zeaig
to heart?

Is to heart 2 a sequel or a remake? becouse they already have 1 sequel called To Heart Remember my memories.

Any help would be nice

Thanks ahead
Zeaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 01:10   Link #248
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

TH:RMM is a sequel to TH

TH2 is set at a later point in time with new characters.

you do not need to have watched neither of them to understand the story, however, things will be funnier if you have seen the original.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 21:55   Link #249
electronicmaji
Banned

The animation quality of this series...sucked....as did the plot....13 episodes was not enought for a series trying to parade as many characters around as this one did.
electronicmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 17:18   Link #250
OkamiNoKaze

Well finished this series, it was pretty decent, never played the games so I didn't have anything to go on really. I will say Konami's mom is aweful trusting of him, and might I add not bad looking for an anime mom, is there a route for her in the game, lol. Last but not least \o/ Ruu...
Old 2010-09-26, 07:44   Link #251
summoner2183

Umm, I know that this is a biiit off topic... but has anyone played the To Heart 2 Game before?
summoner2183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 20:15   Link #252
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicmaji View Post
The animation quality of this series...sucked....as did the plot....13 episodes was not enought for a series trying to parade as many characters around as this one did.
The 1st To Heart managed it just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I will say Konami's mom is aweful trusting of him, and might I add not bad looking for an anime mom, is there a route for her in the game, lol.
When he came over at night and stayed with Mom after Konami went to bed, and then he was still there with Mom in the morning when Konami got up, I thought "Hullo hullo, what's all this then?"

What a pale reflection, a faint echo, of the original! To Heart seen through a glass darkly!

Where the original group of girls was engaging, with unique personalities and interesting issues, this gaggle of 1-dimensional stereotypes seems like a parody made by an anime hater:
  • Konomi - so developmentally delayed she should be wearing a helmet.
  • Tamaki - annoying pushy bully whom everyone dislikes, regularly says so, and tries to get away from, but she won't take a hint.
  • Manaka - she's OK, needs a haircut.
  • Yuma - psychotic stalker, attacks our hero on sight, regularly attempts vehicular homicide on him.
  • Karin - fakes a sexual assault by our hero and thereafter perpetually blackmails him into obeying her weird whims by threatening to turn him in.
  • Ruuko - believes she is an alien, lives in the park with a stray cat, and stays alive by trading matchsticks for fish.
  • Sango - the good twin who declares "love-love" on our hero.
  • Ruri - the insanely jealous twin constantly falsely accusing our hero of indecent acts to everyone she meets, even scrawling it on his home room blackboard to get hm in trouble with the authorities and destroy his life, also regularly physically assaults him.
  • Ilfa - maid robot, puerile imitation of Multi.
The extreme change in outlook from the original To Heart to this version really delineates for me the shift during this time period from the old-fashioned "I like cute girls" otaku to the modern masochist otaku. This new breed feels so worthless and has such low self-esteem that it worships the "tsundere". The meaner, ruder, nastier, more demanding, more abusive, and even more violent the girl, the better.

Where Multi was a sweet maid robot programmed to enjoy making her masters happy, the newer version is trained by the bully to continuously lower her respect for her male master and even ultimately to assault him. Isn't that great?

I could understand and sympathize if the audience for this kind of show were frustrated young girls feeling unempowered and bitter. But it's not. It's males so desperate for attention that they consider any notice at all that they receive from a (not even) real girl as such a godsend that they would gladly suffer any kind of abuse or humiliation at her hands.

I'm ashamed to share a gender with these creatures. They really need to seek professional guidance to try to salvage something of their miserable lives and possibly prevent them from doing harm later on to themselves or others out of despair.

Anyway, back to the story. Whereas the original Hiroyuki was interested and actively helped out all the girls with their issues and supported their goals, the new guy is just bullied, blackmailed, threatened, beaten up, and generally intimidated into obeying their commands. The bully even unilaterally proclaims that he is her husband!

The result is that the story never goes anywhere and nobody ever achieves anything because the girls' dreams, where not solely limited to domination of a male, are just goofy. With no honest input from free-minded friends to keep them in touch with reality, they just wander around looking for UFOs. That's the problem with domination; it kills motivation and creativity.

In summary, To Heart 2 is a vastly inferior presentation to the original, and disturbingly, continues to be more popular.

Tags
aquaplus, bishoujo, leaf, olm, romance, school life, slice of life