AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-01-02, 20:57   Link #821
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
I bought Umineko vol. 4 from Himeyashop.com. So do I have to wait for a vol. 4 patch to be made to play the previous episodes or can I use the vol 3 patch?
The ep3 patch will probably work for almost everything except the title screen, but no one has tested that. We will have a version that works with ep4 when we release the full ep3 patch later this month.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 22:20   Link #822
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Yep, because your save files are not located in the patch file (they're in the registry files). But remember to delete the whole folder and then add in the new patch when it comes out.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 22:25   Link #823
Mercurius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Indeed, we actually knew about this bug, though without trying to give much excuse, we simply omitted it due to more "important" problems and priorities and it quickly got sidetracked. Our sincere apologies.

This will be stated in the read.me file and indeed, thinking back about it, using txt file for readme might be oldfashioned, especially that copying the format of the rest of the translations group isn't a necessity.

We are currently working on a functional patch for episode 4 as well, though Ryukishi had the "great" idea to convert almost all pictures of the previous episodes into BMP... Which means that you will see a substancial increase of size for episode 4 patch.
Therefore, I suggest you not to read umineko from episode 4 game with our episode 3 patch, as it is certain you will encounter some glitches or missing files.
But it is probably functional either way, but we can't be sure the extent of that.
Yup, learned my lesson the hard way. No apologies needed, especially when all this info is stickied to the top of this forum. It has actually given me a good excuse to speed my way through EPs 1 and 2, slowing down to listen to the missing tracks. It's actually become a good refresher of the events in the previous episodes and will help once the rest of Episode 3 comes out so I can "put it all together," so to speak.

Eagerly awaiting my copy of Vol 4 to arrive. Anyone know if Himeya sends out an email to let you know your item's shipped?
Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 14:18   Link #824
Mercurius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
I'm pretty sure they do, otherwise giving them your e-mail would be pointless.
Yeah, that's my assumption too. But usually online stores wait til your order ships before charging your card, whereas Himeya charged me immediately for my pre-order, so was curious if anything else in the process was different than normal.

Spoiler for translation:
Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 14:47   Link #825
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, the original sentence is "dame da", which also could be translated into "it is no good" etc. But in the general sense, Battler says that when the current reasoning or facts are totally irrelevant etc.
Old 2009-01-04, 00:34   Link #826
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Any chance it would be possible to modify onscripter-en (maybe put it some appropriate #ifdef s) so that it could be set to ignore the global locale setting and use one set at compile time?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 03:35   Link #827
UnknownBeast

Is paletweb a reliable shop? If it is shouldn't you place a link on witch-hunt.com?
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 03:37   Link #828
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Any chance it would be possible to modify onscripter-en (maybe put it some appropriate #ifdef s) so that it could be set to ignore the global locale setting and use one set at compile time?
Well, I will have a talk with Mion if she can do something about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
Is paletweb a reliable shop? If it is shouldn't you place a link on witch-hunt.com?
Yep, the site is already in the readme, but I assume that chrono only use himeyashop, hence why he omitted paletweb
Will bug him a bit to correct more things on the site anyway.
Old 2009-01-05, 06:45   Link #829
UnknownBeast

Oh it's in the readme...
Guess that hour I spent on googling where to buy Umineko just became useless... Orz

Somehow, I'm so hyped for EP 3...
I have the Baka-Tsuki page set on auto-refresh every 15 minutes.. >_>

Awesome work guys.
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 06:56   Link #830
rogerpepitone

A few other low-priority questions:

1) It's not too difficult to extract the translated text from your nscript.dat file. Maybe add support to onscripter-en for an xor-ed file format? (Distribute a nscript.dat.xor that contains a checksum of the original nscript.dat followed by each byte of the original xor-ed against the corresponding byte of your file. If your file is longer, loop the original.)

2) Is there an RSS feed for the project (or could you set one up?)
Old 2009-01-05, 08:30   Link #831
alarmadadna hadi

Decided to randomly stroll here just to thank you guys for the unbelievable job you're doing, keep it up. I'm still at episode one and the story keeps getting better, hopefully I'll catch up to the rest.

Again, thanks for the amazing effort, love you people!
alarmadadna hadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 10:38   Link #832
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Just to let you guys know, I pre-ordered EP4 on Paletweb and they were very reliable in helping me get my order. They shipped my order January 3 and it's already arrived here in the country according to EMS tracking.

So yeah, I'd recommend adding Paletweb to the purchase options.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 12:34   Link #833
chronotrig

The nscript.dat file is the same format that Ryuukishi uses to encode his script files, including all of the patch files he distributes over the internet. We figure if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for us.

And Paletweb is up there now.

Old 2009-01-05, 23:56   Link #834
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Question

Quote:
I'm not clear on what you're trying to fix - I don't think onscripter uses the global locale, unless I'm mistaken on how it works with Linux.

What's the trouble you're experiencing?

(And say, did my little fix help any?)

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2009-01-06, 06:22   Link #835
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Just received my package from PaletWeb. Wow! They're really fast.

Now the wait for the translation begins XD
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 08:51   Link #836
Mystearika

has ordered my game from himeya, is looking foreward to get it
Old 2009-01-06, 08:59   Link #837
Jenq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystearika View Post
has ordered my game from himeya, is looking foreward to get it
I ordered my copy from Himeya yesterday, hope we both get it soon

And thanks for the translation team for translating Umineko.
Jenq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 14:07   Link #838
Mystearika

thanks i think we do, when i ordered nr two it took only a week is really lokking foreward to ep 3
Old 2009-01-06, 16:35   Link #839
rogerpepitone

My "global locale" comment was related to the "music files aren't playing" problem.

Odd; the file is listed in the script as
bgm¥Ride on(飛行機に乗って島に行くときのイメージ).ogg

and in the zip file as
umineko/BGM/Ride onミ訴ミ、ミ�ミ捏ミ奸ミ停部ミ湲�ミ停閥ミ停楳ミ」ミ厘停部ミ捏ミ漬スミ停服ミ漬サミ停腹ミ鼎ミ寅岱措 ミ展ミ阻.ogg

Last edited by rogerpepitone; 2009-01-06 at 19:26. Reason: (requested by chronotrig)
Old 2009-01-06, 17:59   Link #840
chronotrig

Quote:

My comments re the xor filetype were because Witch Hunt was deliberately not distributing the script, even though it's not too difficult to extract it from what they do give out. Switching to xor-mode would make the files useless without the official release.
I understand what you are saying, but it's also true that the game cannot even be started up without the full release due to the massive amounts of missing pictures and music files. It's up to Ryuukishi how secure he wants the game's script to be, and we will honor his decision by at least making our patches at least as secure as the official ones.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Tags
translation