AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 00:46   Link #101
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Aside from both being rifles that had grenade launchers, I'm not seeing the similarity. A big focus of the SPIW project seems to have been to make a flechette weapon. The OICW (and K11) fired regular 5.56mm NATO.

And there's a bit of a difference between a rifle with a grenade launcher and a rifle with a grenade launcher PLUS the targeting system and air detonating grenades that this project has created. There seems to be a more distinct design philosophy.
I meant the concepts were the same, that being for an individual weapon system that had both a multi-shot grenade launcher and an assault rifle capability.
The OICW is similar in this basic concept to that of the SPIW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Ok, time to name your favorite movie, anime, or TV show that featured a favorite gun!
Me first; Movie 'Quigly Down Under' starring Tom Selleck, featureing The Sharps rifle
Anime; the original 'Appleseed' featureing a Colt 1911
TV show; 'The A-Team' featureing the Ruger Mini-14
TV show; 'The Rifleman' starring Chuck Conners and featureing a Winchester 92
For me it's Spike Speigel's IMI Baby Eagle (don't know what caliber).

Here's the real deal:

Old 2010-12-19, 02:35   Link #102
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I meant the concepts were the same, that being for an individual weapon system that had both a multi-shot grenade launcher and an assault rifle capability.
The OICW is similar in this basic concept to that of the SPIW.

For me it's Spike Speigel's IMI Baby Eagle (don't know what caliber).

Here's the real deal:

its other name was, i think it was Barak or Jericho...

not to the performance i am bitching, but i find the baby eagle a bit... boxy....
Old 2010-12-19, 05:39   Link #103
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Yeah, a Jericho 941, Zeker.

Pretty sure Spike's pistol was stamped as a 941 too, not a Baby Eagle.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 12:57   Link #104
Lost Cause

As much as I loved Spike, I actually prefered Faye's gun a Glock model 30 in .45!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 14:34   Link #105
GundamFan0083

The Baby Eagle and the Jericho are the same exact weapon guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_941

Magnum Research is the one who renamed it Baby Eagle for the american gun market.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Jericho_941

Obviously Spike's was the 9mm version (the 941)
I own one in .40 S&W, and it's an excellent pistol.
Old 2010-12-19, 14:47   Link #106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Here's an excellent reason why certain arguments fail and that you should keep your bright people employed, o plutocrats...

Old 2010-12-19, 21:05   Link #107
Lost Cause

^ Now where's the patent people at!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-12-19, 21:43   Link #108
ZeKeR
Superbad

now if only rail technology was available....
Old 2010-12-20, 05:43   Link #109
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

well it still count as a gun ...... right?
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 06:02   Link #110
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post

well it still count as a gun ...... right?
WIN... pure nerf carnage
Old 2010-12-20, 20:59   Link #111
Lost Cause

^I think Peter (my son) has all of those!@~@

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-12-20, 22:01   Link #112
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
A friend of mine on the HBOFF forums is the bloke in the SALES vest. His company "Run Away Box" made that video as well as the popular elevator series.

Great bloke.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 08:03   Link #113
ZeKeR
Superbad

guys, what are your thoughts about the magpul masada?
Old 2010-12-22, 14:15   Link #114
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

...Sounds like a good design. It marries elements from the SCAR, the AR15, the G36 and the AR18 - and it shows in the original design, especially with the handguard and the collapsible, mobile cheekguard-equipped stock.

The use of gas piston is technically a good move compared to the DGI concept, but it carries its own lot of inconveniences (the GP/rod is heavier than DGI and introduces new issues like short-strokes, which sometimes force the shooter to disassemble the upper receiver/hanguard area in order to fix the problem; barrel wear caused by recoil torque sometimes force engineers to implement a heavier barrel design, which results in mobility loss). Otherwise it seems good - what is very interesting is the proprietary barrel ratchet, which allows quick attach/detach and caliber conversion to 6.8mm SPC.

They also adopted the XM8/SCAR bolt group concept, keeping it as monolithic and simple (thus more modular) as possible. Since it's quite similar to the M16's, it's no small asset when training is addressed.

They virtually left the AR15 button/locks group (mag and bolt release, fire selector) but moved the charging handle to the front, which is excellent since it allows the user to unload/reload while keeping the barrel trained on the target. I heard they had small issues with the CH because rail-mounted devices could interfere with its manipulation, but I can't remembered what they did to fix the problem. The original Masada also could hold a spare AA battery in its handle, which is a small amusing gimmick but potentially quite useful once in the battlefield if you need to replenish electrically-powered optics like Holo-sights, flashlights and so on.

It's now produced by Remington as the ACR, giving it a more...boxy appearance and adding a skeleton, fixed butt stock model. The hanguard is more SCAR-ish now.

As for performance, I hear it's decent but I dunno about whether it's as good as self-appointed Web pundits make it out to be. I tend to value the word of a guy coming back from Afghanistan and who gets to compare it with weapons he's already fired in anger, over that of a Facebook/YouTube-loving, Oakley-wearing guy who's only fired his gun in an indoors shooting range. Their opinions can sometimes...differ. Significantly.
Old 2010-12-22, 20:31   Link #115
Lost Cause

Rumor has it that the special forces community has already adopted the SCAR H.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-12-22, 22:02   Link #116
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
...Sounds like a good design. It marries elements from the SCAR, the AR15, the G36 and the AR18 - and it shows in the original design, especially with the handguard and the collapsible, mobile cheekguard-equipped stock.

The use of gas piston is technically a good move compared to the DGI concept, but it carries its own lot of inconveniences (the GP/rod is heavier than DGI and introduces new issues like short-strokes, which sometimes force the shooter to disassemble the upper receiver/hanguard area in order to fix the problem; barrel wear caused by recoil torque sometimes force engineers to implement a heavier barrel design, which results in mobility loss). Otherwise it seems good - what is very interesting is the proprietary barrel ratchet, which allows quick attach/detach and caliber conversion to 6.8mm SPC.

They also adopted the XM8/SCAR bolt group concept, keeping it as monolithic and simple (thus more modular) as possible. Since it's quite similar to the M16's, it's no small asset when training is addressed.

They virtually left the AR15 button/locks group (mag and bolt release, fire selector) but moved the charging handle to the front, which is excellent since it allows the user to unload/reload while keeping the barrel trained on the target. I heard they had small issues with the CH because rail-mounted devices could interfere with its manipulation, but I can't remembered what they did to fix the problem. The original Masada also could hold a spare AA battery in its handle, which is a small amusing gimmick but potentially quite useful once in the battlefield if you need to replenish electrically-powered optics like Holo-sights, flashlights and so on.

It's now produced by Remington as the ACR, giving it a more...boxy appearance and adding a skeleton, fixed butt stock model. The hanguard is more SCAR-ish now.

As for performance, I hear it's decent but I dunno about whether it's as good as self-appointed Web pundits make it out to be. I tend to value the word of a guy coming back from Afghanistan and who gets to compare it with weapons he's already fired in anger, over that of a Facebook/YouTube-loving, Oakley-wearing guy who's only fired his gun in an indoors shooting range. Their opinions can sometimes...differ. Significantly.
since my uncle's time, i did try my hand in it, and it felt like a g36, M16, XM8 hybrid but all i can feel in its accuracy is that of an M16. thats why i asked ya guys because for me, it really feels like an m16 fitted with g36 and XM8 parts.

FN's answer to HK416 and 17 was the SCAR. i dunno since rumors also speculate that spec. ops. use the 416. i mean put it in sand, a rifle's worst enemy and it fires like normal. put it in water, it fires like normal. if FN didnt create SCAR for harsh environ ready, its prolly not gonna go into thar, altho it was said the US Army adopted it.
Old 2010-12-23, 23:06   Link #117
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

My personal favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sALiuWg_I1k
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 21:46   Link #118
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Who dosent love the A-10 Thunderbolt 2?! That thing is wicked! It's 30mm right?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-12-27, 22:12   Link #119
Asuras
Dictadere~!

GAU-18's make me horny.
Old 2010-12-28, 00:25   Link #120
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Meet the navy's version

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags