Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-06, 17:25   Link #421
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
A pause seems like it would go against the point of having a more action/real-time element. If that's the case, then it might as well use something like FFXII's gambit system.
Not so if the need for the menue pause is only limited to materia use, object use and "defense". A great part of the battle would still consist of normal attacks, which are in real time, hence "hybrid".

I mean if the amount of spells is the same as in the original and you have "master spell" or "master summon" equipped, it would be very annoying to select spells if there is no pause, or otherwise AT LEAST a slow-motion function while browsing the battle menue.
Old 2015-12-06, 20:57   Link #422
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
A pause seems like it would go against the point of having a more action/real-time element. If that's the case, then it might as well use something like FFXII's gambit system.
I'd imagine a pause element to select magic, summons, or items would make the flow of battle feel somewhat similar to a Tales or Star Ocean game. In other words, it could work I suppose.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 22:25   Link #423
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'd imagine a pause element to select magic, summons, or items would make the flow of battle feel somewhat similar to a Tales or Star Ocean game. In other words, it could work I suppose.
Yeah, it works in those games so it could work here. I mean not pausing can work if you have a very minimalist magic system. But FF7? The spell list is massive.

Wanting to keep the combat flowing is good and certainly in a realistic kind of fight no one will wait for you. But in terms of realism the characters could just think what spell they want to use, we have to use a menu until technology lets us establish a psychic link with our consoles . Or some kind of voice system, but pretty sure we aren't going to voice commands .

Will be interesting to see how they handle that.
Old 2015-12-06, 22:41   Link #424
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

http://www.vg247.com/2015/12/07/fina...i-part-series/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/...ti-part-series
WTF Square enix?
Old 2015-12-06, 22:47   Link #425
Iron Maw
Banned

Hahaha, NeoGAF is massive salt mine at the the moment.

Honestly, though this makes sense considering the size FFVII. As long as it's structure and prized appropriately it shouldn't be a big problem.

BTW someone from WSJ further clarified this:

Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 22:49   Link #426
MCAL

This on the other hand is a little more disconcerting.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 22:55   Link #427
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

My only concern is the price.

It makes sense for them to take it to this route especially since they don't have the same financial muscle + game development costs keep on soaring.
Old 2015-12-06, 23:10   Link #428
cyberdemon

It's probably just split in the same way that the ps1 version was split between 3 disks.
Old 2015-12-06, 23:16   Link #429
MCAL

Actually now that I read the whole thing, its unclear if they are selling each game separately over a span of time, or if its just split into several disk and sold as one game.

Because if its the latter, then there actually is no problem.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 23:17   Link #430
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It's probably just split in the same way that the ps1 version was split between 3 disks.
Hope that is indeed the case. If not, I am just going to sit through all the releases and wait for a complete edition to come out.
Old 2015-12-06, 23:25   Link #431
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Hope that is indeed the case. If not, I am just going to sit through all the releases and wait for a complete edition to come out.
Seconded. I would rather wait for the complete package so I could play through it without interruption.
Old 2015-12-06, 23:27   Link #432
monster

Quote:
“Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.”
That does not sound like a multi-disc scenario. One game packaged/sold together on multiple discs does not make a series and each disc wouldn't be called an entry, let alone one that would provide its own unique experience.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 23:30   Link #433
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
all we can do is give feedback once we do get our hands on it.
At which point it will be too late to change anything. Lot of good that "feedback" will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
because they could always choose to patch in improvements (from fan feedback) after release (which is nothing new nowadays, *whether you like this approach or not is not the point)
Name a game that, after release, patched in a completely different gameplay/battle system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Then it would seem odd to call them different "titles" instead of "discs". Since if you went digital, and it were the disc option, you wouldn't be splitting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 23:39   Link #434
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Actually now that I read the whole thing, its unclear if they are selling each game separately over a span of time, or if its just split into several disk and sold as one game.

Because if its the latter, then there actually is no problem.
The term "multi-entry" gives me some concern. Could be a translation error, but this is not the same as episodic as it could mean separate part purchases as well :/
Old 2015-12-06, 23:45   Link #435
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

It's strange how the ONLY thing that people worry about are POSSIBILITIES, while the actual known facts don't give any reason to actually worry about. Just like in the combat system people made up the "blanks" with the worst case scenarios, so they are doing it now with the splitting.

Consider the facts: The developer team as it exist now didn't exist for over a decade if I remember correctly... so it's not like it will necessarily have the same problem as the last few FFs. After all the team is significantly different from the teams that made FFXIII stuff and the later FFXV stuff. Also they seem to be using UE4 now, which means there will probably be no more "getting stuck in development" events, like SE often did with the in-house engines.

I still hope they bring Uematsu back for the music.
Old 2015-12-07, 00:05   Link #436
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It's strange how the ONLY thing that people worry about are POSSIBILITIES, while the actual known facts don't give any reason to actually worry about.
You can be relieved or sad or angry about a known fact, but I'm not sure if you can worry about it. I usually worry about things that I am uncertain of and have the possibility of turning out in a way that I wouldn't like.

Anyway, regarding the split, I suppose the accuracy of the reporting/translation could also be a factor.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 00:18   Link #437
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well....push the battle system concerns to the side. Props to the staff of this game. They found a way to completely make people focus and worry about an entirely different aspect.

I mean, holy crap....they are actually doing that? What did they look at the SC2 model and say "hey we can do that with FF7!" I mean the obvious answer for this tactic is $$$$$$. Why sell one game when you can sell 3 or more. Make the FF7 trilogy pack.

I'm not sure where to react here. I get it. It's a big project and they want to milk the heck out of it in order to make it financially viable. The issue is....do I want to play it before the last 'game' comes out? Not sure I want to play FF7 disc 1, wait a few years for disc 2 and repeat until we're done.

It's not like I want to burn something or go nuts over this. It's just....damn really guys? Are we really doing this?
Old 2015-12-07, 00:44   Link #438
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

They can't be this desperate to milk this franchise.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 00:44   Link #439
sayde

I see it mentions the data size being the reason why. Which means I could see this move being justified if and only if the game is as big and as expansive as I always dreamed it to be. But it really would have to be massive--like so big that it really does seem kind of ridiculous to even entertain the thought.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 00:51   Link #440
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Cyber Connect 2 is developing the game. Famitsu and Dengeki interview is out, no translation yet though.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg