Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-02, 23:36   Link #41
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Except it's stupidly easy to build meter in this game. Assuming you don't get perfected, you'll always bring in your third character with 5 bars. There's a reason no one tried to run away in Evo: It doesn't work anymore. Phoenix is a versatile enough character even without Dark Phoenix that she can manage to catch you and do quite a bit of damage, and now players are good enough that they can take advantage of this as opposed to before.

Honestly, I'm glad they're doing all of this to Phoenix. I just think that what she does to everyone's playstyles (A MILLION SNAPBACKS so she can sit in the air and just air fireball until she can tag out again) and the game in general offsets anything she adds to the game.
And it's also stupidly easy to kill Phoenix. Oh sure she can air fireball you. Frankly, I think that's fair. She has 420,000 HP FFS. Just about ANY character in the game can hit that kind of combo if they use 1 meter or assist. Or at least the good ones anyway. Hit her once, piano dial-a-combo into knockdown, OTG->assist->few hits->hyper combo->dead Phoenix.

My opinion is that either Phoenix is broken or she's useless. Because either you readily land that one hit on her that you need to start a combo and kill her in one go, or you can't ever depend on that, and it's more or less a foregone conclusion that she hits Dark Phoenix (which really isn't all that scary on its own considering she has that same 420,000 HP but now it drains). Now if you leave her with level 3 XF, who do you have to blame but yourself?

It isn't DP that's scary from what I see, but the fact that she has level 3 XF, which makes her move faster, hit like a battering ram launched from a magnetic railgun, and go through her commands like a hot knife through butter.

I mean heck, even if she gets her 5 bars, snap her in, make her go DP, and if she stands and fights you without level 3 XF, so much the better. Let it run out, go level 3 XF with your own anchor, then wait for DP to drain her own life, then chip her out.

There are so very many theoretical answers to DP. The fact that you can't get a single one of them to work for you doesn't say so much about DP as it says about you the player.
Old 2011-08-02, 23:44   Link #42
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Spark's mind reading is overpowered...
The way the commentators put it was spot on, after a while Spark downloads your play style and then you're done. He's the Iron Defense, so the prolonged match having to run 6 wins to win it all played to his strength. And all of the people coming in to cheer him after he won was just an awesome moment.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 07:02   Link #43
Westlo
Lets be reality

I like how Sparks face after he won was like "I just won Evo? I don't give a fuck" while the other Blazblue players were getting hype as lol. My fav match for BB was Lord Knight vs Tokido, so intense! But Sparks blocking was a joy to watch, blocking never looked so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
And I can't believe people think Wolvie's level 1 XF is too much. Also, adding a bad move so people screw up their inputs? Think that's going to affect the pros? Not at all.
If you start Wolverines basic bnb and xfactor level 1 after the divekick you get a guaranteed kill and than have enough x factor time left to kill the next incoming character. And Wolverine has some insane fucking mixups.. especially in xfactor + berserker charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I mean heck, even if she gets her 5 bars, snap her in, make her go DP, and if she stands and fights you without level 3 XF, so much the better. Let it run out, go level 3 XF with your own anchor, then wait for DP to drain her own life, then chip her out.
lol you can't wait out L3 XF Dark Phoenix, her chip dmg is insane.

Anyway updated impressions from Evo.

Dark Phoenix can still fireball and teleport in the air but you have to do it like...

Hard Fireball
Fly
Teleport

And Hard Fireball has an increased startup now, one of the testers was saying it went from 30 to like 50 and adding in the fly motion adds more time,

Also the Morrigan Hyper Bar eating fireball is really slow and can't be combo'd into. On a positive if you have Astral Vision you it applies to your clones fireball as well. Morrigans Finishing Shower seems to be really good in this one now.. combos with everything..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 12:10   Link #44
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's Evo baby

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/j...any-many-more/
Old 2013-07-12, 13:36   Link #45
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Currently watching it, but only for P4A, BB, GG, and Smash. Probably going to skip Street Fighter and Marvel this year.
Old 2013-07-13, 02:02   Link #46
Westlo
Lets be reality

sfiv semis where nuts, some big upsets but in the end the top 8 is probably the best ever for evo. 4 of the 5 japanese 2d gods, the top 3 from last year and the guy who's been winning everything lately.

Top 8

Winners bracket

DM|Xian (Gen) vs. HORI|Sako (Ibuki, Evil Ryu)
EG|PR Balrog (Balrog) vs. MCZ|Tokido (Akuma)

Losers bracket

MCZ|Daigo (Ryu) vs. Infiltration (Akuma)
AvM|GamerBee (Adon) vs. Haitani (Makoto)

Top 8 is best of 5 games not 3, sako is going to be hard to beat, the longer the set the better he is and 1 of his other 7 opponents has no chance of beating him, he beat gamerbee 7-0 @ topanga earlier this year with ibuki and than 2-0 when they played in semis.
Old 2013-07-13, 15:26   Link #47
Chase

lol im enjoying the Smash Bros tournament. Marvel 3 right now kind of sucks. Street Fighter IV yesterday was must see stream..xd.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 13:31   Link #48
Chase

That Reynald vs Verna match in KOFXIII was awesome.
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-07-14, 14:20   Link #49
Chase

Reynald is unreal. Really pulling for him.
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-07-14, 14:57   Link #50
Chase

Reynald is a got damn BOSS!. Almost got eliminated multiple times in earlier matches including the finals. I can't believe this. Just a down right epic run and KOFXIII was freaking awesome again.
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-07-14, 20:04   Link #51
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I'm happy Yipes is doing commentary for UMVC3. IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 10:03   Link #52
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Dat Hakan B)

SF4 grand finals was underwhelming.
Old 2013-07-15, 10:48   Link #53
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
SF4 grand finals was underwhelming.
Xian winning is plenty surprising for me. Even the fact that he swept Tokido

You might have felt that way cause of UMVC3. MOST ESPECIALLY, Justin Wong's clutches! I'm still screaming inside my head
A back from behind win against ChrisG. And the most memorable of them all was Wong resetting the bracket against Flocker. I have nothing but respect for Justin. He's the people's champ despite losing umvc3 grand finals

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 20:46   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 10:34   Link #55
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Alright! It's that time of year again. EVO 2014 is today! Here's the listing and schedules for the events.

Spoiler:

So this year is the biggest EVO registrations on both national and international in recent years. BBCP, KOF, Killer Instinct (Because Maximillian will be attending and commentating) and Smash are going to be my top watch this year. SF I might watch but won't be enthusiastic about it.

Well just giving the head ups. Oh yes, no BB today but tomorrow. I'm just the messenger so message delivered.

Note: Injustice and Smash Melee are playing right now. Don't know if it's streamed yet, but it's there if you're all interested.
Old 2014-07-11, 10:41   Link #56
GDB

Thanks for the schedule. Totally streaming smash bros. First match I saw was Marth vs Marth, which is awesome since Marth's my main haha.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 10:46   Link #57
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Alright! It's that time of year again. EVO 2014 is today! Here's the listing and schedules for the events.

Spoiler:

So this year is the biggest EVO registrations on both national and international in recent years. BBCP, KOF, Killer Instinct (Because Maximillian will be attending and commentating) and Smash are going to be my top watch this year. SF I might watch but won't be enthusiastic about it.

Well just giving the head ups. Oh yes, no BB today but tomorrow. I'm just the messenger so message delivered.

Note: Injustice and Smash Melee are playing right now. Don't know if it's streamed yet, but it's there if you're all interested.
Thanks. Gotta catch KOF, KI, Smash, and maybe Marvel Grand Finals and maybe Tekken.

Note: The Ultra Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross feat. Maximilian are out now too.
Old 2014-07-11, 10:47   Link #58
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I barely play fighting games on even a casual basis anymore but I am still really hyped to watch the KOF finals again this year. The energy and excitement level for the past 2 years have been incredible.

(And now that KOF has been moved to Saturday I may actually be able to catch the SFIV finals this year without it going into the wee hours of the night for my timezone.)
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 10:57   Link #59
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

To anyone interested. USF4 is being streamed now. To also anyone's interest, P4A is having a side tourney stream. It hasn't started yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Thanks. Gotta catch KOF, KI, Smash, and maybe Marvel Grand Finals and maybe Tekken.

Note: The Ultra Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross feat. Maximilian are out now too.
Thanks. I'm watching it right now! KI with Max is always a pleasure to watch since he's the reason why the game itself is fun watching. But I get the feeling we'll be seeing lots of Jago and Sabrewulf's in top 8. I just hope that in that placing we'll see different character variety. I hope a Fulgore makes top 8, but I heard in the tiers he's the worst character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I barely play fighting games on even a casual basis anymore but I am still really hyped to watch the KOF finals again this year. The energy and excitement level for the past 2 years have been incredible.

(And now that KOF has been moved to Saturday I may actually be able to catch the SFIV finals this year without it going into the wee hours of the night for my timezone.)
I'm sort scratching my head as to why KOF is a one day event this year. Which is weird because we have over 300 players attending. Oh well, KOF is always hype and for the past 2 years I've watched, I've been so hyped I nearly forgot to breathe.

Edit: Here's an interesting EVO tweet from Twitter.

https://twitter.com/kumubou/status/487624017038172160
Old 2014-07-11, 13:19   Link #60
Dr. Dahm
Banned

http://twitch.tv/madcatz Apparently the Persona 4 stream can be found here. Finals are apparently at 8PM Pacific time tonight while a P4AU event will be held tomorrow 9PM Eastern. It'll also be rolling Soul Calibur II at 6PM Pacific time on Saturday as well.

http://twitch.tv/thebrett For Gundam fans out there apparently Gundam Extreme Vs. is also getting a side event which can apparently be found here, but no word on how official this or the quality of it or who is even hosting or not.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting game, tournament