AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-17, 03:58   Link #21
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Just finished watching episode #10, it seem Ringo might turn a new leaf, after what happen in episode #8 with the incident with Shouma. I hope Ringo keeps her crazy antics and focus them on Shouma instead of that old nerdy teacher!
Ringo cares about Shouma more but she isn't going to give up on the teacher that fast.
Old 2011-09-17, 04:26   Link #22
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Ringo cares about Shouma more but she isn't going to give up on the teacher that fast.
I understand that much, she gonna be depress about Shou for a while and hopefully she makes a healthy transition from the teacher to Shou.
Old 2011-09-17, 07:05   Link #23
kitten320

Oh, our penguins got their own thread!
So is this girl his fan whom he rejected? Wonder who is her "penguin lord"...
Old 2011-09-17, 08:33   Link #24
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But it's official he's a guy.

Maybe he's older. After all, I doubt you keep growing after you die, even if you have a hat that let you keep walking around. And we don't know when he died, so anything is possible.
I don't think it's official, if you get it from a different medium.

The reason is, because we can't check the context of the situation (without reading that... novel?) to keeps on with the speculating.

For that, I still think that Mario has 50-50 chance to be a girl right now
Old 2011-09-17, 08:41   Link #25
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't think it's official, if you get it from a different medium. The reason is, because we can't check the context of the situation (without reading that... novel?) to keeps on with the speculating. For that, I still think that Mario has 50-50 chance to be a girl right now
If you want to waste your time speculating about his gender even thought we know it already, be my guest.

EDIT: I don't mean to offend, btw; I just seriously don't see the point.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-09-17 at 09:19.
Old 2011-09-17, 09:20   Link #26
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If you want to waste your time speculating about his gender even thought we know it already, be my guest.
I don't speculate about "his" gender, i just assume "he" is one or another when speculate

I won't have to assume only when it's official
Old 2011-09-17, 21:43   Link #27
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I understand that much, she gonna be depress about Shou for a while and hopefully she makes a healthy transition from the teacher to Shou.
Healthy? Hohohohoho.
Old 2011-09-18, 10:31   Link #28
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Yeah, the animation in this episode was waaay off, was not a fan at all. Hopefully it goes back to normal next episode and this is not a normal thing.

Also, not a fan of assassin chick turning out to just be a crazy stalker who's probably just got her own project M going for Kanba. I know (hope) there's more to it, but that was kind of off putting.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:13   Link #29
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Yay sub forum! Now I can actually read things!

Overall great episode, I too noticed some major flaws with the scale in animation. It is crazy how much mystery is added and it just layers up in this show. Keeps you guessing and wondering what will go on.
Old 2011-09-19, 14:57   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Immediately after the girls brought up Triple H in episode 9 I could only think of wrestling and I'm not even a fan of wrestling.

Is there no possible copyright infringement here? It seems like they're playing with fire by tempting one of the most notoriously litigious organizations in the world by using one of their most popular wrestler's namesakes.
Old 2011-09-19, 14:58   Link #31
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Immediately after the girls brought up Triple H in episode 9 I could only think of wrestling and I'm not even a fan of wrestling.
Yeah same here. I think a lot of people here thought that.
Old 2011-09-19, 15:15   Link #32
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Same here.

Quote:

Is there no possible copyright infringement here? It seems like they're playing with fire by tempting one of the most notoriously litigious organizations in the world by using one of their most popular wrestler's namesakes.
I'm honestly not sure if the WWE has "Triple_H" copyrighted. If it does, then Ikuhara might be hoping that Mawaru Penguindrum simply escapes the notice of Vince McMahon or Triple_H. It's hard to believe that Ikuhara himself is not familiar with the pro wrestler "Triple_H". If MPD was ever to make it big in the US, though, I could definitely see the WWE acting on the Triple_H thing...
Old 2011-09-19, 20:38   Link #33
faburosumakusu

How do you guys think the myth about Ariadne and Theseus plays into the story? Masako mentions it as if though she were Ariadne and Kanba were Theseus and therefore had betrayed her (by breaking up with her?).
Also, Himari has a red thread in the ending. Does that mean she has or will also be betrayed by her beloved one? Or is that just a reference to the red string of fate which connects soulmates?
Old 2011-09-19, 20:55   Link #34
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by faburosumakusu View Post
How do you guys think the myth about Ariadne and Theseus plays into the story? Masako mentions it as if though she were Ariadne and Kanba were Theseus and therefore had betrayed her (by breaking up with her?).
Also, Himari has a red thread in the ending. Does that mean she has or will also be betrayed by her beloved one? Or is that just a reference to the red string of fate which connects soulmates?
I think in Himari's case it's more likely to be the second case, "the red string of fate which connects soulmates"

I had a good laugh at your username through
Old 2011-09-20, 03:28   Link #35
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

American business copyright effects international nations?
Old 2011-09-20, 03:34   Link #36
calorie

So I decided to catch up with MPD. That first episode was definitely misleading in terms of animation and art quality, and the story about Himari and her penguin hat that got me interested went in a rather different direction. Though I suppose the mystery element was interesting interesting enough to keep me going, and I have already seen 10 episodes so there's no turning back now. They ought to get back to that eventually; the story does seem to be going back to where it started, albeit slowly.

There is a reason most of us thought "bro-con" after Himari mentioned a person of interest in the last two episodes. Something quite shocking along those lines did happen at the end of the first episode so it's a reasonable assumption; that Chekhkov's gun will have to fire eventually. I am of course, hoping that it won't be some underlying "incestuos love" behind all this. That's not the vibe I've gotten so far anyway, otherwise I probably wouldn't be watching this.
Old 2011-09-20, 04:10   Link #37
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Same here.
*Stares at Triple_R's name*

How could you not?

In b4 Himari buries Ringo.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-20, 04:20   Link #38
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
*Stares at Triple_R's name*

How could you not?
I actually thought of his username as I don't have a clue who that wrestler is
Old 2011-09-20, 06:02   Link #39
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
I am of course, hoping that it won't be some underlying "incestuos love" behind all this. That's not the vibe I've gotten so far anyway, otherwise I probably wouldn't be watching this.
I really doubt that we'll see something in that way. I get the feeling that his attraction to her isn't exactly lust, but more like a deep bond. Could it be sexual? Maybe, but to me it doesn't seem like it. I'm not sure how to put it though...a poor analogy would be something like a friend versus a best friend. Many of us have friends, and we love to hang out and do things with them. However a best friend is someone you have a closer bond with. You're more likely to confess secrets, or express feelings, or even feel comfortable enough to do things you wouldn't admit to or do with other friends (for example, a "macho" man might hug or cry to a best friend but not to others).

I kinda get that vibe with Sho and Kanba when it comes to Himari. The level of devotion they have for her is almost worship. They seem like they would do anything and everything if it meant her happiness. This is why I (and a few other posters here) noticed how strange it was that Himari's friends looked and acted so similarly to her brothers in episode 9.

Perhaps it's intentional. Maybe there is something about Himari that (for lack of a better way to put it) "charms" people into being so devoted to her. Dunno. That kind of goes into the realm of speculation, hehe.

Anyway, I don't think Kanba's interest (or Himari's in Kanba if the hint is true) is one of strictly romantic feeling. I think it's something more, and deeper, than that.
Old 2011-09-20, 10:31   Link #40
YayPepsi

I hope that from now on, Ringo's story will be more closely tied to the Takakura family's story and not her chasing Tabuki. The show should stay away from that for a while...there's only 24 episodes after all and Ringo already has taken up a huge chunk. I want more focus on the siblings and episodes 9 and 10 have delivered so far, so hopefully the show will keep going in that direction.
Closed Thread