AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-07-18, 01:17   Link #241
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I guess I can understand how people can call her a bitch, but iirc she's only a bitch to other girls and not really to Kousaka for obvious reasons. And at least she's humorous and cuter than a certain Kirino (I think it's a valid comparison, a fellow 'bitch' who's still fresh in people's minds) and she's not a selfish hoe like Kirino, at least not yet imo.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 02:12   Link #242
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As an impartial observer who haven't touch either Light Novel or Manga (and doing his darnest not to), Sena currently takes the lead in my books because she is the more attractive of the two... Mostly because of her blond hair, cyan eyes and butterfly hair accessory- I don't normally get swayed by breast size, but what's wrong with liking normal things once in awhile?

What's that? Yeah that's right; I judge girls by their appearance, and guys by their catch phrases!

THIS IS MY JUSTICE !!!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 02:54   Link #243
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I guess I can understand how people can call her a bitch, but iirc she's only a bitch to other girls and not really to Kousaka for obvious reasons. And at least she's humorous and cuter than a certain Kirino (I think it's a valid comparison, a fellow 'bitch' who's still fresh in people's minds) and she's not a selfish hoe like Kirino, at least not yet imo.
Couldn't they make her worse in the anime like with what happened with Kirino though?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 03:50   Link #244
Mizuno
Undefined

I cannot answer that as I do not read the light novel of OreImo, I actually did not know the animated version is apparently a lot less desirable than the one from the source material.

But fortunately this time we have a drama CD of Boku already released so we have a decent sneak preview to make a reasonable assumption of what Yozora's character will be like in the anime. I found the voiced Yozora likeable, although the 'abusive' lines are kept to a minimum in the drama CD scenario but I doubt my opinion of her will change much when it's finally shown on television (maybe I'm a bit biased here since I think Inoue Marina is a good fit). So what I would say is, just try to get ahold of the drama CD and see what you think of it for anyone who's curious.

BTW from what I have seen, Yozora is less of a bitch whenever Rika is involved, because Yozora has zero tolerance for... Rika's interest and she's totally 'out of character' in those moments, if you can call it that.
Old 2011-07-19, 08:07   Link #245
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I cannot answer that as I do not read the light novel of OreImo, I actually did not know the animated version is apparently a lot less desirable than the one from the source material.
Same thing happened to Zero no Tsukaima.

Either way, I still find her bitching is on the level of bullying. It's really hard to swallow.
Old 2011-07-19, 08:33   Link #246
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
am i the only one thet prefers yozora over meat?
Come over here bro. I'm full of blond with blue eyes here anyways, nobody can blame me for liking pure black hair with a good zettai ryouiki.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 13:11   Link #247
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

^hahaha oddly I prefer a lovely raven haired beauty myself too but there are just times the "Pamela Anderson effect" happens. Thats simply a blonde bombshell that steals my gaze.*points to sig*

I call it the "Pamela Anderson effect" cause thats how it was growing up watching Baywatch

I actually like Yozora as well, I do like her "bitchy" side in the same way I love Ami-chan's from Toradora.

It's not done in a fashion that I wouldn't hate outright but find alot of amusement in but I can totally understand the dislike cause in RL it's very very hard to put up with such a person, I had put up with several people for 6 years in secondary school.

I suspect tho that some of the other girls will garner alot of support when they show up, it's hard to not see it happen...unless they completely butcher this.
Old 2011-07-19, 14:56   Link #248
Miraluka
Banned

^
Better call it "Meat Effect" .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:26   Link #249
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
^
Better call it "Meat Effect" .
lol you know what, depending on how much more I end up loving Sena(if thats even possible) I may opt to call the it the "Meat Effect"

Another weird thing here is the nickname "Meat" not something I would like to use towards such a loved character yet it's very hard to not call her that
Old 2011-07-19, 16:37   Link #250
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol you know what, depending on how much more I end up loving Sena(if thats even possible) I may opt to call the it the "Meat Effect"

Another weird thing here is the nickname "Meat" not something I would like to use towards such a loved character yet it's very hard to not call her that
To think that started with "bitch" using that word in an offensive way and now for us the readers has an... delicious (???) meaning
Old 2011-07-19, 17:57   Link #251
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

one of the reasons i like yozora its because i will pretty much would do the same if i meet someone like meat, well you later see that meat isnt that bad, but still, on the other hand her interactions with maria ara harsh, but maybe theres a reason for that since shes not like that with everyone.
Old 2011-07-19, 19:27   Link #252
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Why hate on Kirino. She's only bitchy to Kyousuke and seriously, he deserves it for being such an idiot...

(Not to mention, she's showing more and more of her dere side lately...)

And Yozora is no bitch. She's a sadist, more of an average b/t the worst of Kirino and Kuroneko if you want to go to Oreimo comparison...

Plus, you really think she would treat a "love rival" good?
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 21:36   Link #253
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Why hate on Kirino. She's only bitchy to Kyousuke and seriously, he deserves it for being such an idiot...
Please....then Kyousuke shouldn't have helped Kirino at all. YOu're pretty much saying that he is an idiot for sacrificing himself for his bitch of a sister.

Again, I don't care if Yozora is a sadist, but she's pretty much a bitch in dealing with others.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 23:01   Link #254
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

All Meat wanted to do in the beginning was make friends but Yozora didn't even bother to give her a chance.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 23:37   Link #255
Miraluka
Banned

As others said before me, when bitch deals with others is on a level of bullying and humiliating, and not only Sena, who is a "threat" seen even more when is bitch herself the one who doesn't even try to get Kodaka's attention in a simple and honest way, the same goes for Maria who obviously isn't one or does she has a confidence that low to think a 10 years old girl is menacing... =_=; .
Old 2011-07-19, 23:49   Link #256
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well this ligth novel has a lot of clichés,so it wouldnt be weird to know later that yozoras way of bullying maria, was just her "sadist" way of making maria to stand for herself from others bullying her(or something on the lines), if im not wrong shes also teased by the sisters in there, also im probably not the only one thinking thats yozoras personality migth have something to do with her obsesion with rape, but im not sure since such heavy theme probably will make akward the mostly ligth/comedic atmosphere of the series.
Old 2011-07-20, 00:26   Link #257
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

"Niku" is the japanese version of the name "meat".
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 00:52   Link #258
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm... So what happen to this being a light-hearted series again ? Cause I'm getting a different and more hardcore vibe from the recent posts...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-07-20 at 01:07.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 01:20   Link #259
Mizuno
Undefined

Yeah, even though some people might denote the female lead (arguable) as a bitch, this is in its truest sense a comedy.
Old 2011-07-20, 02:04   Link #260
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm... So what happen to this being a light-hearted series again ? Cause I'm getting a different and more hardcore vibe from the recent posts...
it's just people getting hardcore, not the story itself.

for Sena's earnestness in galge, I'll give her full marks.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen