irisdina: hes my subordanant
gretal: he saved me many times
irisdina: i have breasts
..... i would love to see that fight
Old 2012-09-18, 12:48   Link #102
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Actually, her surname is "Phạm", not Fam .
You are right of course, but in Russian Pham or Fam has the same pronunciation - Фам

As to shield/Schurzen - I find that words. In Japanese it is 多目的追加装甲 - "multipurpose additional armor".

Last edited by Timsel; 2012-09-19 at 01:05.
Timsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 23:26   Link #103
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yeah...that's why at first I didn't realize it refered to the shield...thought it was some kind of ERA layer on the body
Old 2012-09-19, 21:53   Link #104
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsel View Post
You are right of course, but in Russian Pham or Fam has the same pronunciation - Фам

As to shield/Schurzen - I find that words. In Japanese it is 多目的追加装甲 - "multipurpose additional armor".
In Vietnamese, "Ph" and "F" are same pronunciation, but Vietnamese alphabet don't use "F". And change "Ph" to "F", despite they are same pronounciation, but it will make weird looking .
Old 2012-09-20, 01:43   Link #105
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
In Vietnamese, "Ph" and "F" are same pronunciation, but Vietnamese alphabet don't use "F". And change "Ph" to "F", despite they are same pronounciation, but it will make weird looking .
Thanks for clarification. I swear - in English I would write Pham only
Excuse me that I didn`t look at you profile before.
But now it seems that I am lucky
May be you can explain for me the matter with the Pham`s name too? One thing that I understand, searching viki for Vietnamese names, is that there isn`t such name - Lan. May be there are some similar names?
Old 2012-09-20, 02:04   Link #106
Sumeragi
Banned

I would say the most "correct" Romanization would be Pham Ti Lan. Assuming the name is made using Hantu, Pham would be 范 and Lan would most likely be 兰 (lotus). Ti is the hardest one, but for naming I would think 琵 (the đàn tỳ bà) would make the most logical sense.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 03:00   Link #107
Timsel

Excuse me please, but what it is - "Hantu"?
My bad - I am not familiar with principles of names in South-East Asia, and trying to understand them now. You see - transllating process is very useful for erudition
Old 2012-09-20, 03:26   Link #108
Sumeragi
Banned

Hantu is the Vietnamese term for Chinese characters, which was used to write classical Chinese and the Sino-Vietnamese vocabulary in Vietnamese language.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 08:49   Link #109
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Anyone know about MisterV current status. I really want to see the next chapter of the Schwarzesmarken ? Even though this is a side story but it sure can bump my heart a lot! I found the main male character is very interesting along with the other characters. Anyway how old is each of them ? Theordo and his sister in law Liz are both 18 while Katia is 15. What about the other in 666th squad?
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 11:38   Link #110
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
Anyone know about MisterV current status.
Working
Now we have two chapters of "Land of the Dead Gods" (1-st book) in English and 3 in Russian. It would be released as a whole.
I can`t say when exactly but it definitely would.

Quote:
Anyway how old is each of them ? Theordo and his sister in law Liz are both 18 while Katia is 15. What about the other in 666th squad?
In 12 and 4 chapters of first book I hadn`t find how old is Irisdine, Pham, Gretel or Sylvia.
Anette and Inghild were Theodore classmates so they are 18 years old too.
Walther Kruger is 29.
Old 2012-09-24, 16:23   Link #111
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

The world in Schwarzmarken is really such a crapsack place to live with hostile aliens and dystopia society. But at least there's something good about it.

I think if no one really ever loves each other but plans to stab their lover at command, there'd be no NTR. And that's god bless. They have never been on our side...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 22:12   Link #112
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW...Does anyone here actually find Sylvia likeable at all?
Old 2012-09-24, 23:55   Link #113
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Thank for your information Timsel. Chapter 1 is so long that my eye start getting spinning when i am too focus on the words. Wonder how long does it take to translate that chap
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 00:11   Link #114
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The annoying part is that the cast are doomed by canon. TSFiA #39 noted that the line fell in 1983.

The again, the whole point of Muv-Luv is not to live, but to die well, IMO.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 01:13   Link #115
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The annoying part is that the cast are doomed by canon. TSFiA #39 noted that the line fell in 1983.

The again, the whole point of Muv-Luv is not to live, but to die well, IMO.
Actually i believe its the opposite the general point of Muv-Luv stories is to showcase the characters how they lived and under what circumstances that changed there lives ..... in the grin dark world where you can get killed by either human or beta
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 02:34   Link #116
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
BTW...Does anyone here actually find Sylvia likeable at all?
Well, Sylvia really is cold and hostile, but isn`t so simple.
In the second chapter would be the scene, when she interrupted Gretel, accusing Kate in political treason (Kate says that east and west must together fight against BETA). Sylvia give Kate a slap, saying that idealism is dangerous, but then Theodore understands that she saved Kate, because Gretel could do worse things to her. And Sylvia is infinitely devoted to Irisdine.
Old 2012-09-25, 02:40   Link #117
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
In the second chapter would be the scene, when she interrupted Gretel, accusing Kate in political treason (Kate says that east and west must together fight against BETA). Sylvia give Kate a slap, saying that idealism is dangerous, but then Theodore understands that she saved Kate, because Gretel could do worse things to her. And Sylvia is infinitely devoted to Irisdine.
So we should see Chapter 2 up soon I hope? Or is a whole volume release planned?

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 02:47   Link #118
Timsel

Whole volume. I think it would take two or three months, but that depends of MisterV. He have a work and a life too
Old 2012-09-25, 02:52   Link #119
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Whole volume. I think it would take two or three months, but that depends of MisterV. He have a work and a life too
Cool, I can wait if we get a Volume. Hopefully I would be done for Rebirth in the wiki by then as well ^^.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 02:59   Link #120
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I talk about vol 2....

Katia inadvertently mentions that Sylvia must have gotten her experience facing the Tank BETA in that Berlin simulation from the retreat from Poland

and she gets violent and lashes out at her physically....

yes, depending too much on Pham and Anette won't be very healthy for her in the long run in that killzone because they are really all just words only but still, don't you think she's going to be a potential trouble later on? No matter what, you don't slam the people you fight alongside into the ground at the slightest provocation

How anyone can work with her even in that kind of environment is amazing...

She reminds me of that VDV instructor in the film 9 Rota...The one with the mental trauma issues

That's why when Theodore says just him and Katia together alone is good enough...I'm actually beginning to agree with him (well throw in Irisdina too)

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-09-25 at 03:14.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote