AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-09, 03:00   Link #2841
fukarming

There are rumors that the next chapter is the last chapter of Achiga. Can anyone confirm?
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 03:20   Link #2842
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
There are rumors that the next chapter is the last chapter of Achiga. Can anyone confirm?
It's not a rumour. That was in the last page of the latest chapter.
Old 2013-02-09, 07:27   Link #2843
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't agree that when Mairu win on that round will automatically makes himeko win on that round. Himeko will just get a good starting up hand which invalidates the 5-6 hell wait of Awai and Awai shows has 0 defense with devastating offense. I will like to see Himeko fought those who had good table control like Teru or Saki heck probably Koromo too.I would like to see her take on the resident overlord Saki. Saki can even use it to her advantage knowing what number of han is coming from himeko. She did also use Toyone's ability of pursuit Riichi to make her hand complete.
I'd still say its like hacking because Himeko is basically being guaranteed a good starting hand. Which is only requires her to get a few more tiles before it becomes the hand she needs.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 10:56   Link #2844
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
I'd still say its like hacking because Himeko is basically being guaranteed a good starting hand. Which is only requires her to get a few more tiles before it becomes the hand she needs.
I will agree that they basically had bend the fate to have a good starting hand that can easily win but to say they are certain to win is something I can't agree with. Just like with Ryuuka.

For now I still think Achiga manga is just to showcase shiratodai strength and to show they aren't invincible but still great player. Achiga players for me are so-so that they had a convenient coach that can help them to go win the nationals. Its just kinda hard for me to believe specially with imagine breaker Shizu. Its like they are there to counter Kiyosumi With Awai kan dora and Shizu's ability. Those two are basically counter to overlord Saki
Old 2013-02-09, 11:22   Link #2845
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Its like they are there to counter Kiyosumi With Awai kan dora and Shizu's ability. Those two are basically counter to overlord Saki
Exactly . But the thing is that Saki abilities are aslo counter to shizu and Awai abilities.

And lets not forget that 'Kan' and and 'game control' are not the only abilities Saki as.
We know Ritz can use details from a lot of chapter ago and wouldn't be surprised if The 'W-Riichi ipptsu tsumo' in chapter 3 and the (avorted) '3turn Kokushi Musou' where part of a latent ability.Saki as been hint as beeing That monstruous after all
Old 2013-02-09, 11:29   Link #2846
tsunade666

I wonder if Harue will pull of something again like what she did to Shiratodai. She was actually surprised when Kiyosumi manage to win against Ryuumunbochi.
Old 2013-02-09, 14:08   Link #2847
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Only Himematsu is shown to have associated pros helping them for training. Well from the looks of things Harue at full power is maybe just a bit weaker the Kokaji, basically I'd say if they both still played in pro leagues, Kokaji would be japan's number 2 and Harue would maybe be the number 3, that's only if they played alot of games.
Just something I wanted to point out, Kokaji is Japan's #1. Back when Kokaji was still playing actively, she made it to World's #2, before she stopped playing as much.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 14:17   Link #2848
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Just something I wanted to point out, Kokaji is Japan's #1. Back when Kokaji was still playing actively, she made it to World's #2, before she stopped playing as much.
About Kokaji-pro

While she did say that Shiratodai team is stronger than her team back then, I wonder how strong is the present Kokaji-pro compares to Teru.

Can she rape Teru easily?
Old 2013-02-09, 18:30   Link #2849
teja208
Critical fanboy

I personally wouldn't take Sukoya's comment about Shiraitodai being stronger than herself back in High school days seriously. Being humble is an important part of Japanese mannerism, plus Sukoya doesn't strke me as the type that loves bragging about her accomplishments.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 18:42   Link #2850
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
I wonder if Harue will pull of something again like what she did to Shiratodai. She was actually surprised when Kiyosumi manage to win against Ryuumunbochi.

I think it will be the same for Kiyosumi as for Shiraitodai... Harue had some pointers and preparations made for the sergeant up to the captain match for Shiraitodai but nothing on the vanguard... this is when everyone had the impression of Lazy Akado when it looks like she left Kuro on her own... well, I think all she can do for Kuro is to pray she doesn't get bust against Teru...

Now, for the National Final will be something like this...

Harue: "Okay, girls... here are my final instructions for the finals so listen up."
Achiga girls: "Yes!"
Harue: "Kuro... do what you did during the semi-final."
Kuro: "?"
Harue: "And for Yuu...." *gives off instructions
And then Shizu's turn....
Harue: "Shizu... good luck. You'll need it."
Shizu: "Huh, that's it? There has to be something, right?"
Harue: "I didn't give Kuro any instruction because I can't think of anything against the older Miyanaga and then you expect me to have something against the younger Miyanaga. Shizu... a monster is a monster. You're on your own."
Shizu: "EHHHHHHH!!!!"

tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 19:10   Link #2851
teja208
Critical fanboy

@tarajis We will see about that. You don't seem to even consider the possibility of Kiyosumi having any tell to spot or some pattern or habit that nobody ever notice, because if there is, you can bet it won't escape Harue amighty perception of all knowing.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 19:21   Link #2852
The Green One

Though when the two series merge, Achiga loses the almighty plot armor.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 19:22   Link #2853
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
@tarajis We will see about that. You don't seem to even consider the possibility of Kiyosumi having any tell to spot or some pattern or habit that nobody ever notice, because if there is, you can bet it won't escape Harue amighty perception of all knowing.

I didn't say anything about Eagle-eyed Harue not noticing anything from Kiyosumi... I said she will give her findings for the sergeant up to the vice-captain but will skip the vanguard and captain matches for the finals... she didn't have anything for Teru... do you think she'll have anything for Saki? well, maybe she did have something for Teru and surely she will notice something from Saki but I think it will be things that won't matter much anyway...
Old 2013-02-09, 20:53   Link #2854
Bladezer

Quote:
I will agree that they basically had bend the fate to have a good starting hand that can easily win but to say they are certain to win is something I can't agree with. Just like with Ryuuka.

For now I still think Achiga manga is just to showcase shiratodai strength and to show they aren't invincible but still great player. Achiga players for me are so-so that they had a convenient coach that can help them to go win the nationals. Its just kinda hard for me to believe specially with imagine breaker Shizu. Its like they are there to counter Kiyosumi With Awai kan dora and Shizu's ability. Those two are basically counter to overlord Saki
But isn't Ryuuka's foresight supposed to be her ending hand? Meaning she pretty much is allowed a guaranteed win.

I still say Achiga are good players their just not at Shiraitodai's level. After all they've given Senriyama a good challenge, which is pretty commendable itself.
Also something I'd like to say:
Having a great coach means nothing if you can't use the Intel and plans they provided for you.
e.g. with Yuu and avoiding Sumire, what impressive is that Yuu managed to get her to play into her hand.

Quote:
I think anyone would be surprised people managed to beat Ryuumubochi on the prefecture level. Especially when you take into account that Koromo and Touka, when at full power are probably just as scary as Teru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I was working of off memory there. And going over things again, I get the feeling that Kokaji has gotten a lot stronger then when she faced Harue. I mean Harue stopped playing, while she went on to play against people on a international level. Although maybe if Harue is given a few weeks of training she could give Kokaji a good game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
I think it will be the same for Kiyosumi as for Shiraitodai... Harue had some pointers and preparations made for the sergeant up to the captain match for Shiraitodai but nothing on the vanguard... this is when everyone had the impression of Lazy Akado when it looks like she left Kuro on her own... well, I think all she can do for Kuro is to pray she doesn't get bust against Teru...

Now, for the National Final will be something like this...

Harue: "Okay, girls... here are my final instructions for the finals so listen up."
Achiga girls: "Yes!"
Harue: "Kuro... do what you did during the semi-final."
Kuro: "?"
Harue: "And for Yuu...." *gives off instructions
And then Shizu's turn....
Harue: "Shizu... good luck. You'll need it."
Shizu: "Huh, that's it? There has to be something, right?"
Harue: "I didn't give Kuro any instruction because I can't think of anything against the older Miyanaga and then you expect me to have something against the younger Miyanaga. Shizu... a monster is a monster. You're on your own."
Shizu: "EHHHHHHH!!!!"

But no one in Kiyosumi has exploitable tells. Also Hisa has done a damn good job in improving all of her teammates overall skills. Where as it seems Harue is only now trying to bring Kuro up to scratch with the other girls.
Although this does make me wonder if she studied other major schools in the nationals. And its pretty clear that research on Senriyama wouldn't really be useful as their a team of 4 normal players and 1 ability user (remember Ryuuka only just got hers and what more its just being borrowed from Toki), so I'm wondering if turns out that if Rinkai or Himematsu go to the finals that she had prepared something for the girls to use against them. After all its one thing to study and take on the champion school, but its not going to be any use if you can't take on 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
I didn't say anything about Eagle-eyed Harue not noticing anything from Kiyosumi... I said she will give her findings for the sergeant up to the vice-captain but will skip the vanguard and captain matches for the finals... she didn't have anything for Teru... do you think she'll have anything for Saki? well, maybe she did have something for Teru and surely she will notice something from Saki but I think it will be things that won't matter much anyway...
Well she could tell Shizu about how Yumi managed to stop Saki from doing a rinshan kaihou. Also she may prep Shizu in away to stop Saki from pulling of her ridiculous comeback hand she did against Koromo.
Still what would she tell Yuu and Arata, Mako and Nodoka's play style are very flexible and they don't really have anything for them to exploit. Although the final could have Achiga just exploiting all of the weaknesses Shiraitodai have.

Also on another note. Awai got annoyed and stopped holding back in her semi-finals match, right? I really have to wonder if Seiko was holding back in her match like the other's have been. After all there was a real possibility that she could've fell to 3rd place. Heck maybe Seiko's holding back is her not calling chiis or kans, and in the finals she starts calling them and actually becomes a challenge for Nodoka, because otherwise Nodoka's going to have it easy, while Yuuki will have to deal with Teru, Mako with Sumire being able target her, Hisa with Yakuman spams and Saki will have to face someone who can challenge her for the dead wall.

Last edited by Bladezer; 2013-02-09 at 20:57. Reason: Taking care of spelling mistakes
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 21:37   Link #2855
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
But isn't Ryuuka's foresight supposed to be her ending hand? Meaning she pretty much is allowed a guaranteed win.
Actually it just show her the pass to the best outcome she can, meaning some can still win before her, it 's less likely but we know that someone like Teru can bypass Toki's vision.

Quote:
. Heck maybe Seiko's holding back is her not calling chiis or kans, and in the finals she starts calling them and actually becomes a challenge for Nodoka, because otherwise Nodoka's going to have it easy, while Yuuki will have to deal with Teru, Mako with Sumire being able target her, Hisa with Yakuman spams and Saki will have to face someone who can challenge her for the dead wall.
Nodoka is used to player calling left and right and winning quilckly (Yuki is a prime exemple) so it wouldn't change much for her.
As for Awai chalenging Saki for the dead wall I see it more as making Saki job easier.The Kan come after the Riichi so Awai as to throw away what is Saki wining till if Saki is already tempai Playing automatically in her hand or at least quickening it.
Old 2013-02-09, 21:55   Link #2856
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
As for Awai chalenging Saki for the dead wall I see it more as making Saki job easier.The Kan come after the Riichi so Awai as to throw away what is Saki wining till if Saki is already tempai Playing automatically in her hand or at least quickening it.
I just realize that o_o

If Saki can get to tenpai fast enough, Awai will get ronned badly

(Just for Fun)

5 step on how to beat Kiyosumi :

1) Yuki : Eat her tacos in front of her

2) Mako : Force her to wear contact lenses

3) Hisa : Steal her rubber band

4) Nodoka : Hide Etopen

5) Saki : Use a mask with Teru motif (this method have 50-50 chance of working or getting dai-min-kan-ed)
eavein18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 22:27   Link #2857
NeutralZero

the 1st and the 5th step seems to be a double edge sword...
especially the 5th one... kinda like yanking a dog's tail or something...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 23:26   Link #2858
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
But no one in Kiyosumi has exploitable tells.
How can you be sure? Eagle-eyed Harue was able to notice Sumire's tell that no one in Shiraitodai knows about... it could be the amount of tacos Yuuki is munching at a time or how Mako is smirking or how flushed Nodoka's face is... it could be anything that connects to what they're about to do...

Quote:
Well she could tell Shizu about how Yumi managed to stop Saki from doing a rinshan kaihou. Also she may prep Shizu in away to stop Saki from pulling of her ridiculous comeback hand she did against Koromo.
Well, it did give Saki a scare until she realized that Yumi is not her onee-chan... as you said, Hisa did a good job of improving her teammates overall skill specially with Maho that Saki realize that others can also do what she can do...

I would love to see how Harue will prep Shizu to stop a Miyanaga comeback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
the 1st and the 5th step seems to be a double edge sword...
especially the 5th one... kinda like yanking a dog's tail or something...
more like the fifth step is a death wish... and if Awai is also on the table and she doesn't like what you're doing then you'll have two monsters breathing down your neck...
Old 2013-02-10, 00:51   Link #2859
orangejuicetang

The way to defeat Saki is obviously to make sure she's wearing shoes.

I can see it now

*Two hands into the match*

Shizu: "Hold up a second!" *Proceeds to get under the table*

Awai: "What's going on"

Saki: "What are you doing, stop touching me!"

Shizu: "There you go, your shoes are on nice and tight. I even took the extra effort to duct tape it on, so you can't take it off."

Saki: "NOOOOOOOOOOO, SHOES, MY KRYPTONITE, HOW DID YOU KNOW"

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 02:50   Link #2860
tsunade666

^you do know she still beat the crap out of her opponents even with shoes on and her annoying playing style where she put an end to the fight by winning small hands but enough for her to win over the first place. Its hard to look at Toyone there when she cried

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri