AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-12-12, 20:45   Link #17401
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Is there an actual picture of Hibiki? Does she look different when she was Empty? How she is her relationship with Kurumi and the others?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 21:40   Link #17402
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Is there an actual picture of Hibiki? Does she look different when she was Empty? How she is her relationship with Kurumi and the others?
No. Hibiki was never Empty. Her body was, but it was Kurumi's mind. Hibiki's mind was in Kurumi's body for the whole of DAB1.

But yes, her natural body does look slightly different, the girl in white is her:

Spoiler:


As for her relationship with Kurumi, Tsuan and Rinemu, what do you mean?
Like I've said, if you mean 'are there shades of yuri in their relationship?' then no, not really (not any more so than there are between, say, Origami and Tohka, anyway). They're jut friends, and Shido's presence is very strongly felt.

You keep asking the same questions over and over, and the answer is never going to change.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 07:50   Link #17403
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
The wiki site really needs to be updated.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 18:06   Link #17404
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Date A Live wouldn't be in the section parents would be buying books from. Again, a mom wouldn't go looking for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and buy Twilight, would she?
Although, manga and light novels aren't normally the type of thing a parent would buy anyway.
Aren't parents generally the one with veto power over what kind of media kids and early teenagers can purchase, though? A prominently-displayed age rating is one way a parent can know quickly whether a game or a book is likely to be appropriate for their child when they're asking their parents to buy something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
...No offence, but I'm not even quoting most of this. I've explained why DAL getting anything other than a Dating Sim is next-to impossible. If you can't or refuse to understand that, then I've no interest in continuing the conversation tract.
I think I'll settle for DAL characters ending up as secret bosses in the Neptunia games at this point. It's all on studios and IP holders being willing to take chances on promising properties though; the first Neptunia game was a gamble that succeeded after all, and DAL already has an established fan base that might be open to new things. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
DAL 18 or 19 IS the last. That's what 'climax' means in this context, and DAL has been referred to, twice, as being 'at its climax'. There is NO filler to be added. We're done.
However, DAL's releases are spotty. We could get V18, DAB3 (which, in and of itself, is almost certainly the final one), V19, Encore 8 and Encore 9 next year...or we could just get V18, DAB3 and Encore 8 (assuming, of course, that 18 itself isn't the last one anyway). We just don't know.
It seems that I wasn't entirely clear. I meant that the DAL LN could postpone its own final volume releases until after the 3rd season finishes airing, rather than adding filler to the LN, as the previous series I've mentioned did to their anime adaptations. Perhaps I'm being unreasonably optimistic. I never expected DAL to get a third season, let alone a show over 10 years old like Full Metal Panic.

But how is the author going to cram all the unanswered questions into the ending volumes? Too much of an infodump pisses off fans. We still have things like the true pasts of the spirits who don't remember their pasts (i.e., basically everyone but Nia, Origami, and Mukuro). We still have to see many of the Spirits' inverse forms, and how Shidou will put them down. I'm still waiting to see how Shidou will come to terms with what exactly the world had to go through just so he could be alive. By the way, is DAB really going to just skip over so many spheres that Kurumi had to travel through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
And the reason it doesn't happen, is because its suicide. Roughly half of DAL's income is from casual fans, rather than diehards. There are well over 100 light novels released by Kadokawa alone each month. A good portion of them magic/sci-fi harems. If DAL delays releases...it will be forgotten; buried by all of the other lns that are similar.
The longer the gap between released, the more people stop caring. Unless you're a global name, like SAO or Haruhi, that is.
Haruhi is most definitely a global brand. Just look at Haruhi's VA, Aya Hirano, going to an anime goods store in NYC where she spent some of her early years and the reaction she gets over there:



But then the animation company pulled stuff like the Endless Eight arc (that could have been covered in a one-episode clip show).

The fact that DAL managed to carve out a good niche speaks to how it's managed to stand above its peers, unlike, say, an LN series like Masochistic Ecstasy. LN releases aren't the only way to build hype either. There's the side stories, audio dramas, and some other ways to add hype or keep people in the loop, such as promotional material in the anime magazines. But you should remember that the anime gets funded largely from the hardcore otaku crowd, which is one reason why Japanese BD sets are so expensive. Putting out some more figures of the spirits is one way to keep the project funded.

I'd like DAL to become a global brand too. I'd rather watch Shidou and the spirits than Haruhi on my own part.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 20:50   Link #17405
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Aren't parents generally the one with veto power over what kind of media kids and early teenagers can purchase, though? A prominently-displayed age rating is one way a parent can know quickly whether a game or a book is likely to be appropriate for their child when they're asking their parents to buy something new.
That has no bearing on what I said at all. I said DAL wouldn't be in the section that parents would buy from. Ergo, a parent wouldn't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I think I'll settle for DAL characters ending up as secret bosses in the Neptunia games at this point. It's all on studios and IP holders being willing to take chances on promising properties though; the first Neptunia game was a gamble that succeeded after all, and DAL already has an established fan base that might be open to new things. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
You won't get that either. Same artist or no, they're two separate franchises owned by two separate companies. DAL is, in addition to ending soon, also not popular enough to justify it.
A Neptunia casual would have no idea who these non-Neptunia characters are, nor any reason to care.[/Quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
It seems that I wasn't entirely clear. I meant that the DAL LN could postpone its own final volume releases until after the 3rd season finishes airing, rather than adding filler to the LN, as the previous series I've mentioned did to their anime adaptations. Perhaps I'm being unreasonably optimistic. I never expected DAL to get a third season, let alone a show over 10 years old like Full Metal Panic.
No, you were clear. The logic is still faulty - delaying a release will just cause readers to lose interest. Die hards will stay, sure, but there are far less of them than you seem to think. The casuals, where a good chunk of the LN sales come from, would just move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
But how is the author going to cram all the unanswered questions into the ending volumes? Too much of an infodump pisses off fans. We still have things like the true pasts of the spirits who don't remember their pasts (i.e., basically everyone but Nia, Origami, and Mukuro). We still have to see many of the Spirits' inverse forms, and how Shidou will put them down. I'm still waiting to see how Shidou will come to terms with what exactly the world had to go through just so he could be alive. By the way, is DAB really going to just skip over so many spheres that Kurumi had to travel through?
...Why on earth would you think we'd see all the Inversions in person? It's been obvious for ages we weren't going to, especially when Yoshino's appeared in artbook at random, and Nia and Mukuro's passed by without artwork (even if Tachibana did explain why Mukuro didn't have any).
The Spirits' pasts could be easily dealt with in little flashes, like Mio's backstory in V17, and that's literally the last mystery left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Haruhi is most definitely a global brand. Just look at Haruhi's VA, Aya Hirano, going to an anime goods store in NYC where she spent some of her early years and the reaction she gets over there:



But then the animation company pulled stuff like the Endless Eight arc (that could have been covered in a one-episode clip show).

The fact that DAL managed to carve out a good niche speaks to how it's managed to stand above its peers, unlike, say, an LN series like Masochistic Ecstasy. LN releases aren't the only way to build hype either. There's the side stories, audio dramas, and some other ways to add hype or keep people in the loop, such as promotional material in the anime magazines. But you should remember that the anime gets funded largely from the hardcore otaku crowd, which is one reason why Japanese BD sets are so expensive. Putting out some more figures of the spirits is one way to keep the project funded.

I'd like DAL to become a global brand too. I'd rather watch Shidou and the spirits than Haruhi on my own part.
...Yes, I said - quite clearly - that Haruhi is a global brand, even despite it' hiccups. But its far, far too late for DAL to reach that level at this point, because it's practically over. That's what a 'novel series's climax' means, especially in Japan.

...I'm not even sure why I bothered responding, honestly. You seem like a nice enough guy (girl? I kept getting misgendered after all - look at my title), but you just don't seem to have any grasp of the way the Japanese media system works at all, nor any interest in learning about or accepting it, merely handwaving it with a dismisive 'but it'd be better if they did that...'

Whatever you want to think is up to you, man, I'm done saying the same thing over and over.

...No offence meant, that is - like I said, you seem nice enough - I'm just tired of posting the exact same thing in this thread over and over.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 08:07   Link #17406
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Is DAB popular than its other SS light novels?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 12:03   Link #17407
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Is DAB popular than its other SS light novels?
Not particularly. The lack of info about it is largely because itís quite unpopular by the look of things - because it has no discernible impact on the main story.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 19:49   Link #17408
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I really thought the light novel would ok because Kurumi was in it. I'm guessing DAB III is the last one. I'm looking forward to this one cuz Kurumi is fight her Inverse counterpart (sort of) which was something I wanted to see for a long time (though in the MS).

How many SS light novels are there? Which had more than one volume (don't count Encore series).
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 20:12   Link #17409
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I really thought the light novel would ok because Kurumi was in it. I'm guessing DAB III is the last one. I'm looking forward to this one cuz Kurumi is fight her Inverse counterpart (sort of) which was something I wanted to see for a long time (though in the MS).

How many SS light novels are there? Which had more than one volume (don't count Encore series).
Yeah, youíre right - from what the Special Report was implying, Kurumi VS Inverse Kurumi is the big final confrontation of DAB.

As for spinoffs...none.
Date A Bullet is the only spin-off light novel of Date A Live.
There are the Encores, but they arenít spin-offs, and there are spin off manga (Date A Party - one volune, Date A Origami - one volume, and Date AST Like - four volumes), but no other spin-off novels.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 06:56   Link #17410
tuckersister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I'm praying the writing for that fight will be good and descent. I'm looking forward to it.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 06:32   Link #17411
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Well, Encore 7's out, so we should get the illustration any time now.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 07:19   Link #17412
Kiyoe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: South Peru, IN
DAL Encore 7
https://imgur.com/a/A3zCX
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 08:13   Link #17413
Ophis
Dragon God
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House Nį∞
Unlimited Chuuni Works!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Kurumi is great as always ♥.
__________________
"Now, letís open the curtains on our play.
A hell fire banquet of fear and madness, where even the ashes will be burnt to nothing!
" - One of 72 Demon Gods of Solomon, The Demon God Belial
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 08:51   Link #17414
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Mikazuki and Tama? Never thought of this pairing.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 09:08   Link #17415
CanDurukan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ankara/Turkey
I couldn't match Miku/Unknown girl illustration with any of stories. Is there anyone with an idea?
CanDurukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 09:08   Link #17416
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Mikazuki and Tama? Never thought of this pairing.
Kanazuki :P

I personally think they'd be pretty cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDurukan View Post
I couldn't match Miku/Unknown girl illustration with any of stories. Is there anyone with an idea?
The new girl? No. Looks like a new SS.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 09:34   Link #17417
CanDurukan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ankara/Turkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
The new girl? No. Looks like a new SS.
I mixed the names (kanjis) of Miku and Nia so it must be from Miku Burglar. I wonder who she is, most probably one of victims of Miku and not someone important
CanDurukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 09:59   Link #17418
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDurukan View Post
I couldn't match Miku/Unknown girl illustration with any of stories. Is there anyone with an idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDurukan View Post
I mixed the names (kanjis) of Miku and Nia so it must be from Miku Burglar. I wonder who she is, most probably one of victims of Miku and not someone important
Tachibana's teased other ships for most of the girls (Natsumi x Yoshino and Kotori x Mana most obviously), so if we don't get a harem end, I could see this being the girl Miku ends up with.
She's certainly not someone important though, yeah - I imagine she's like the other idol in Miku On Stage or the foreign princess in Reine Holiday - just a character to help push the plot of the short story along.
__________________
Just finished my new avatar~
The Chaos Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 12:16   Link #17419
CanDurukan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ankara/Turkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Tachibana's teased other ships for most of the girls (Natsumi x Yoshino and Kotori x Mana most obviously), so if we don't get a harem end, I could see this being the girl Miku ends up with.
She's certainly not someone important though, yeah - I imagine she's like the other idol in Miku On Stage or the foreign princess in Reine Holiday - just a character to help push the plot of the short story along.
Yeah but none of them got drawn before. It is the point which makes me think "if she will make her place in main story unlike the ones who just helped to push side stories".
CanDurukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 13:50   Link #17420
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Where the breasts are huge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Mikazuki and Tama? Never thought of this pairing.
After seeing that image, I suddenly feel as if Tachibana's been hinting this pairing since day one.
__________________
*snuggles self* I feel warm
Anime-Oppai-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen, time travel, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.