AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-06-26, 11:49   Link #1
Knuckles

Anime's most frustrating & annoying characters

What characters did you find frustraiting and annoying so
they almost or totally ruined the anime experence for you?

I found these:

Hayami form Gunparade March, even the cast thought he was a wuss.
Practically ruined most of the episodes (and they are only 12)

Kadase Shima form Uchuu no Stellvia, could she be more annoying. (be said with Chandler accent)
If I had not downloaded the anime before watcing an episode, I would have
stopped in the first couple of episodes.

I am sure there are more, like Shinji form EoE movie and some other that I can't
remember at the moment.
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 12:21   Link #2
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
The entire cast of Love Hina

The entire cast of Digi Charat or whatever it's called

burn in hell :fingers:
Old 2004-06-26, 12:43   Link #3
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

kira from gundam seed.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 13:14   Link #4
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Takayuki from KGNE- wishy-washy and plays with the girls' hearts
Sakura from Da Capo-whiny little self-serving bitch
the husband-kid (can't remember his name) from Rizelmine- could ANYONE be more stubborn?
Shinji from eva- the legendary whiny bitch
Mari from Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai- her jealously almost causes all of mankind to be erased from the face of the earth
Hanagata from saber marionette J- i understand that on a planet full of men there's bound to be more than a few gay guys, but this guy just defies logic...i mean, how could a guy turn out like a pansy on a planet full of men 0_o
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 14:47   Link #5
Knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
the husband-kid (can't remember his name) from Rizelmine- could ANYONE be more stubborn?
Mari from Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai- her jealously almost causes all of mankind to be erased from the face of the earth
Hanagata from saber marionette J- i understand that on a planet full of men there's bound to be more than a few gay guys, but this guy just defies logic...i mean, how could a guy turn out like a pansy on a planet full of men 0_o

I never understood why people hate Takayuki, I guess I have to watch the series again.
Sakura for me, totally ruined the later part of the series.
also Mari should have
Spoiler:

that was so unfortunate
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 16:50   Link #6
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles
I never understood why people hate Takayuki, I guess I have to watch the series again.
Sakura for me, totally ruined the later part of the series.
also Mari should have
Spoiler:

that was so unfortunate
No you're right; I'm rather emphatic towards Takayuki because I know that's how people are sometimes. Heck, in the series how old is he? About 20 or so. I don't expect him to be some extremely mature person.. but enough of this.

I really, really can't stand Shinji. It's not that a person like him doesn't exist, but it's rather frustrating how he doesn't seem to make PROGRESS in the anime. He gains confidence, and bombs back into depression again and again. Of course, he's fourteen and like I said, people like him do exist. I hate them.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 18:50   Link #7
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

The most annoying and frustrating charecters for me are the ones that are "Moe level burning cute." IE, they're so uber cute that they set your computer on fire in the process.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 20:44   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
The most annoying and frustrating charecters for me are the ones that are "Moe level burning cute." IE, they're so uber cute that they set your computer on fire in the process.
LOL... the first thing I thought of when I read this was... "Mone, Mone..?" Although, I didn't find her cuteness annoying personally.

I agree with most of the choices, at least partly. It seems as though the thing that a lot of people find annoying is characters who are whiny, indecisive, and selfish and thus cause hardship to the rest of the cast. It's kind of ironic, though, because it is usually those characteristics are precisely what drives the plot and/or keeps it going.

I'm just imagining what would have happened in KgNE if Takayuki had been more decisive earlier on... like how about in Episode 3...
Spoiler for alternate plot for KgNE:

Okay, so that wouldn't have happened...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 20:58   Link #9
Mugen
Tha slick

Send a message via MSN to Mugen
The only anime characters that really piss me off are the ones that have unaturaly high voices, i.e usually a chibi style character or some female. It just grates on my head, specially when they say something like HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!. Makes you wanna start gouging eyes out.
A new anime which features an example of this is the little girl from samurai 7. Id like to throw her up in the air n smash her into oblivion with a base ball bat. (this is of course if she was real )
Mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 21:11   Link #10
monir
cho~ kakkoii

If that alternative in KGNE would have happened then I am sure the following scene would have been the eradication of the entire male species by some divine intervention, or where some obscure deity (most likely the creator of the show) declares the collective male species as one giant holy saint. As for me, I have found Akito of Nadesico and Naru of Love Hina are the two nightmarishly annoying character among all the anime series I have watched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuven
Nicely done!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 10:11   Link #11
varica

Sakura in Naruto. She doesn't seem to do anything except pine over Sasuke. She seems like she doesn't have many skills at the moment that are useful, but maybe throughout the series she might progress as a character ( although in the first 88 episodes I haven't seen much progression). She's meant to be very good at controllin her chi, so she has some talent, jus never seems to use it? I thik she's the weakest character in the show, even her rival Ino has a skill she can use (mind control), although I know most of the skills possessed by the characters are hereditary from their parents. You never see what her parents did?
varica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 10:23   Link #12
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Kai Kudo in E's Otherwise. When your friend got killed by the enemy, your girlfriend got tortured by the enemy, and you still fight your own friends rather than the enemies, that's what I call frustrating...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 10:25   Link #13
noir maou_sama

Any "damsel in distress" type. It seems so many animes have girls who need to be protected by the main character or are there just to fall in love and push the story forward. I don't mind some, but it seems that many of the girls in anime recently always need help. The only anime I can think of that I saw from the April season that had girls with actually fighting skills was Bakurestu Tenshi. Of course there's Meg...but at least she's getting saved by Jo. Somebody needs to show her how to use a gun, seeing as they often have her doing things.
noir maou_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 10:30   Link #14
7thMethuselah

Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion) That winy, little helpless crybaby should get beat up more often. After a while I just couldn't stand his crying and whining any more, I was kinda hoping they'd kill him off. Yes he is without a doubt number ne on my hate list
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 10:34   Link #15
bunnykun
What is, what is?

Quote:
Any "damsel in distress" type. It seems so many animes have girls who need to be protected by the main character or are there just to fall in love and push the story forward. I don't mind some, but it seems that many of the girls in anime recently always need help. The only anime I can think of that I saw from the April season that had girls with actually fighting skills was Bakurestu Tenshi. Of course there's Meg...but at least she's getting saved by Jo. Somebody needs to show her how to use a gun, seeing as they often have her doing things.
Don't girls liked to be saved?

Quote:
The only anime characters that really piss me off are the ones that have unaturaly high voices, i.e usually a chibi style character or some female. It just grates on my head, specially when they say something like HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!. Makes you wanna start gouging eyes out.
A new anime which features an example of this is the little girl from samurai 7. Id like to throw her up in the air n smash her into oblivion with a base ball bat. (this is of course if she was real )
I happen to like that...

Anime characters which i can't stand are those who torture others for their own sick pleasure, i totally hate this, so they dont deserve nothing but death! =/
and i really hate how you see anime characters get scared to kill someone even though you see the enemy butcher down your friends and family and they hesitate to kill him cause hes a living being, screw that pull the trigger think later.
bunnykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 10:52   Link #16
noir maou_sama

Quote:
Don't girls liked to be saved?
Apparently, they love it. I don't mind cute characters, but I hate when it is overly done. This tends to be of anime where many girls love one guy(harem). I hate it when they are a bit too hyper. I can tolerate cuteness to a certain degree, but when they have a high-pitched voice and are only cutsy with nothing else for them, they tend to get on my nerves a little. Also, girls who cling to the man all the time, especially after just meeting them or if he does the simplest act of kindness, they fell the need to love him(often in harem).
Girl: "Hello, my name is Koharu, nice to meet.......I love you."
Boy: "Errr....what? Why?"
Girl: "Don't you remember? You opened the door for me this morning and no one has ever done that for me."
Boy:"...."
noir maou_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 10:59   Link #17
bunnykun
What is, what is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir maou_sama
Apparently, they love it. I don't mind cute characters, but I hate when it is overly done. This tends to be of anime where many girls love one guy(harem). I hate it when they are a bit too hyper. I can tolerate cuteness to a certain degree, but when they have a high-pitched voice and are only cutsy with nothing else for them, they tend to get on my nerves a little. Also, girls who cling to the man all the time, especially after just meeting them or if he does the simplest act of kindness, they fell the need to love him(often in harem).
Girl: "Hello, my name is Koharu, nice to meet.......I love you."
Boy: "Errr....what? Why?"
Girl: "Don't you remember? You opened the door for me this morning and no one has ever done that for me."
Boy:"...."
Lol, i think i know what you mean. Funny script btw.
bunnykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 11:56   Link #18
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
the most annoying character i'have seen is Mizuki of Full Metal Panic...dunno y...juz hate her
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 13:14   Link #19
Mcdonalds

lol dunno why but i really hated tetsunosuke from peace maker kurogane. The way his high annoying voice and his naivity pissed me off. Hate it when in a show a girl is repetitively stupid to the point when it was funny, it just becomes stupid like mari from jungle wa itsumo hale nochi guu. oh yea totally agree with noir maou sama. Lol yea, i can't see why people hated takayuki so much. He was pretty mean but i could actually see that realistically happening
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 17:08   Link #20
tsuki_desu
Hidden in the darkness...

~Maya from Ultra Maniac
~Yui from Fushigi yuugi
~Madoka from Fullmoon Wo Sagashite
~The mysterious ugly girl from Aishiteruze bebe (In other words, Kippei's stalker)
tsuki_desu is offline   Reply With Quote