AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 00:23   Link #1061
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Weird, but I simply do not care about it anymore. Of course some ErixHarimaxYakumo resolve may fix it up a little, but I doubt it. KJ fell into a big hole, that he himself dig. Fans loosing interest in SR and NNA isn't that popular to tell the truth so that it could replace SR. It tends to be bit too boring to make a top-class manga/anime material.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 08:42   Link #1062
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I hope KJ read my little fan fic way back...

Hmm...gotta wonder if it's really the end? Since it's april it might be a late april fools, since KJ himself said way back, that he could do a SR grown up versions. College Rumble as we say here...
Old 2009-04-19, 09:01   Link #1063
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
College Rumble hahahah!
that sounds funny hahaha xDD

but it's just like darknemo said, KJ fell into a big hole that he himself dig^^

I still don't understand why he gave up school rumble for nna
even if the editors and so on wanted it so, why did they accept nna!??!

even if it's from KJ who made a great worke (SR) I have to say
nna is shit, the story and the drawing, it's all shit^^
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:18   Link #1064
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Story I can say for NNA is still developing.

The artwork manga and animation I dig.

SR story 10/10 except the 2 final chapters...

The art degraded after KJ went on to multiple projects.

Just like Grendizer says in his move. "SCREW PRESSURE PUNCH!!!"

KJ's been SCREWED, PRESSURED and PUNCH out.
Old 2009-04-19, 10:32   Link #1065
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Story I can say for NNA is still developing.

The artwork manga and animation I dig.

SR story 10/10 except the 2 final chapters...

The art degraded after KJ went on to multiple projects.

Just like Grendizer says in his move. "SCREW PRESSURE PUNCH!!!"

KJ's been SCREWED, PRESSURED and PUNCH out.

I think i share the same thoughts as you and some others here.

NNA is interesting and is still developing but SR was... well SR.

The only thing i do is to wait and hope, that something interesting and good will happen. Perhaps KJ misses SR much but was dragged like "KJ, you will care now more about NNA, otherwise you are fired!"(ok not realy like this but in this way) to spent more time on this new manga instead of the good old, our school rumble.
Old 2009-04-19, 12:04   Link #1066
Gambino009
Phantom

Dude.. there's gotta be better manga companies out there if they start dissing School Rumble like that...

Hell.. School Rumble would make a wonderful game as well (not like the ones out there) But more like Persona

You're living your life as Harima.. you're kicking ass on the side (some thing huge story plot that no one else knows) while attending school.. trying to pass and having all this school events in the way...

But best of all.. you're giving the chance to date Multiple chicks at once =p.. but like ten times more crazier than any Persona game.

That would be my dream game.. *sigh*
Gambino009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 12:16   Link #1067
SkoolRumble4Ya

Does townsocks still translate SRZ because it seems like he's been missing for awhile.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 13:12   Link #1068
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The main man translating SR and NNA is been missing for along time, too long. I miss that dude.

Quote:
The only thing i do is to wait and hope, that something interesting and good will happen. Perhaps KJ misses SR much but was dragged like "KJ, you will care now more about NNA, otherwise you are fired!"(ok not realy like this but in this way) to spent more time on this new manga instead of the good old, our school rumble.
I think that sentence might be something behind the scenes. Pressured on the decision, when he did made the decision and then bam, hits him right in the face.
Old 2009-04-19, 13:26   Link #1069
Gambino009
Phantom

I know for a fact.. he must love his School Rumble work, there's no way a sane man would just discard his best work like yesterdays trash.

This is clearly something that's probably hunting him.. and might not want to share his thoughts with the public because of what ever pressure he's being put in.

Of course he can't make any promises either.. because it isn't up to him whether he decides to keep on with School Rumble.

That being said.. the person truely responsible for holding School Rumble back.. really needs to take what ever is up his behind out.
Old 2009-04-19, 14:17   Link #1070
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
This is clearly something that's probably hunting him.. and might not want to share his thoughts with the public because of what ever pressure he's being put in.

Of course he can't make any promises either.. because it isn't up to him whether he decides to keep on with School Rumble.
yeah, that's what I hate in our economics^^
you are not free in ur decisions, even as a mangaka
if ur editor and publisher tell u, u have to do a new project otherwise they won't publish ur manga anymore u don't have a choice but to think of a new project >.<
Old 2009-04-19, 18:32   Link #1071
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Weird, but I simply do not care about it anymore. Of course some ErixHarimaxYakumo resolve may fix it up a little, but I doubt it. KJ fell into a big hole, that he himself dig. Fans loosing interest in SR and NNA isn't that popular to tell the truth so that it could replace SR. It tends to be bit too boring to make a top-class manga/anime material.
Agree....

you know.... im starting to feel not to care about it anymore... sadly

If SRZ will end next month....
wouldnt it make the SRZ to be pointless???
SRZ is pointless man!
i mean.., whats the reason of SRZ anyways!?
if it doesnt resolve anything!
the only thing that was resolve here was Imadori x Karen!
unless something might happen between Eri x Harima x Yakumo in chapter 9 and ten!
if something happens to them about love I think im satisfied!
but if not......
sorry KJ but you made me dissapointed in you a bit

for the future fans of SR.....
if you're reading this...
dont bother reading SRZ.... its pointless!
unless something might happen between chapter 9 and 10!
that's the only hope!
the only thing we need to see anyways is whom harima would end up with!
thats all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I hope KJ read my little fan fic way back...

Hmm...gotta wonder if it's really the end? Since it's april it might be a late april fools, since KJ himself said way back, that he could do a SR grown up versions. College Rumble as we say here...
I've gotta read that fan fic of yours!
post it here!
Old 2009-04-19, 18:41   Link #1072
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambino009 View Post
I know for a fact.. he must love his School Rumble work, there's no way a sane man would just discard his best work like yesterdays trash.
You are wrong. There are plenty of instances where the artists started to hate their best works, simply because they could not get out of their best work shadow.

Like actors start to hate the roles that made them famous if after other dozens of good films they took part in he still is remembered just as an actor of one film.

It makes you feel frustrated since you work hard, but feels like no one notices you and just remembers of some other thing.

Now I am not saying that KJ started hating School Rumble but it could be very likely he grew tired of it and felt like it was obstructing his potential as an mangaka. Thus maybe saying farewell to SR wasn't SUCH hard of choice for him to make.

Too bad that all of his other creations, though good, just are not on the same standard as SR. They are good but not hot.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 19:07   Link #1073
yakumo-chan

Quote:
You are wrong. There are plenty of instances where the artists started to hate their best works, simply because they could not get out of their best work shadow.

Like actors start to hate the roles that made them famous if after other dozens of good films they took part in he still is remembered just as an actor of one film.

It makes you feel frustrated since you work hard, but feels like no one notices you and just remembers of some other thing.

Now I am not saying that KJ started hating School Rumble but it could be very likely he grew tired of it and felt like it was obstructing his potential as an mangaka. Thus maybe saying farewell to SR wasn't SUCH hard of choice for him to make.

Too bad that all of his other creations, though good, just are not on the same standard as SR. They are good but not hot.
agree 100%!!!!!
Old 2009-04-19, 19:59   Link #1074
Gambino009
Phantom

Quote:

I must disagree, while it is true that some times people get where they're at based on that fortunate chance.

That chance some times can not be emulated, the formula for that success loses it's uniqueness when it's over used.

If KJ wanted to make a new series he would have to take an original approach, that is saying if he wanted people to acknowledge his new work as something refreshing and new... and not some cheap School Rumble knock off.

I would also agree that people get mad because that's exactly what happens, their older work gets the best of em.

However, School Rumble had the potential of evolving and not becoming too repetitive, (seeing each chapter and episode having a different little plot) while keeping it's humorous comedy.

besides.. artist who say they hate their old work.. are just making excuses for their current failure. Then again.. I wouldn't understand their complexity, that's where everyone differs.. but most people respect their work

and the ones that don't? Yeah.. most likely the ones that just got lucky that one time.

(It's still early though, I'm hoping to see more of KJ's work)
Old 2009-04-19, 20:37   Link #1075
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
College Rumble hahahah!
that sounds funny hahaha xDD

but it's just like darknemo said, KJ fell into a big hole that he himself dig^^

I still don't understand why he gave up school rumble for nna
even if the editors and so on wanted it so, why did they accept nna!??!

even if it's from KJ who made a great worke (SR) I have to say
nna is shit, the story and the drawing, it's all shit^^
ummm...

i dont know but....

i think im quite interested in his NNA ^_^
this will be his last chance for him to become a fan of mine ^_^
im a fan of KJ...
but his SR turned me down...
NNA will be his last chance ^_^

i think NNA's story will get better in the next episodes..... ^_^

the only problem is the drawing though ^_^
Old 2009-04-19, 22:55   Link #1076
Freeter
beyond

It still baffles me how Jin allowed his magnum opus to devolve into such an ugly trainwreck. The editors certainly weren't responsible, as they green-lit SRZ without hesitation.

If the final chapter isn't 32 full-color pages of Eri and Harima finally getting together, then it won't even be worth looking at. This coming from a long-time Onigiri fan.

Or maybe the ending will be...

Spoiler for final:
Old 2009-04-20, 03:18   Link #1077
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post

I've gotta read that fan fic of yours!
post it here!
Just a few pages back, if you can't find it I'll just copy paste it, here.

NO MORE PIE FIGHTS!!!
Old 2009-04-20, 04:46   Link #1078
yakumo-chan

ummm...

can someone help me where to download the Yuugao flute version???
Thanks a Lot!!!!
Old 2009-04-20, 05:14   Link #1079
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Quote:

no excuse for putting so less effort in nna's drawing! it's right that the story is developing, after all it's not finished, but the drawing still sucks

really man, I haven't seen one person yet, who liked the drawing of nna
I liked the drawing of every character of school rumble, why did he failed so deep with the drawing of nna?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
ummm...

i dont know but....

i think im quite interested in his NNA ^_^
this will be his last chance for him to become a fan of mine ^_^
im a fan of KJ...
but his SR turned me down...
NNA will be his last chance ^_^

i think NNA's story will get better in the next episodes..... ^_^

the only problem is the drawing though ^_^
even though nna's story will be good, it's just like I said so many times .... the drawing sucks man!!!! I can't get this outta my head lol
I don't think I will get along with nna, even if it's from KJ and even if the story will develope

hmm, but I think I should read the manga
what I forgot, and I think many others too
He's not responsible for the anime drawing
he's just making the manga and the studio is drawing the anime on their own.
that's how far I can think
I mean I don't think that KJ himself is related to the studio as a drawer or something
and I see that the manga drawing is much better than the anime
Old 2009-04-20, 07:33   Link #1080
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Here you go, Magazine Special official website, for next month issue.

"This time, final episode for real! Thank you for staying with us for 6 years!
Original poster and secret surprise for everyone included! School Rumble Z Final Episode"

Tags
comedy