Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-05-09, 01:49   Link #761
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

An Appeal to a Japanese Speaker

I have what will sound like an odd request. I'm hoping one of you out there who speaks - or, more especially - reads Japanese, can do me a big favor. If you've read the full Moribito Series by Uehashi Nahoko - or know the details of how the 10th (and final) book concludes - I would be hugely grateful if you'd PM me so I can ask you a a couple of questions. There are some things I'm desperate for clarification on that I don't want to wait 8-10 years (optimistically) for the translation to provide. Not a big deal, but right now it feels kinda like a big deal to me, so trust that I would really, really appreciate it.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2009-05-09 at 02:38.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 17:04   Link #762
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Got some stuff on Ga-rei that may need some translating.

I'm not good at it, despite taking JAPN 101 after a few years of it (and getting a D). Says something about her father and Kagura, but I need more help. Thanks.

お父さんと一緒に、舞さんの通夜祭に出る。
土宮殿は白叡封印の儀を急ぐため、通夜祭にはいなかった。
残されたご家族は、娘さんの神楽さん一人だけだった。
ここのところ分家の葬儀が多い。
今日は雨が寒い。

Here's the link: http://www.ga-rei.jp/log/0000.html

Actually, the site released 14 logs, so I'm not sure if there's a significance.
I attended a ceremony of all-night wakes for Mai-san with my father.
There wasn't Tsutchi no Miya(?)-dono for ceremony of a seal of Hakuei(?).
The living family of her was only her daughter Kagura.
Thesedays we have had often funerals of our branch family.
Today is cold for the rain.

Like that
Old 2009-05-09, 19:25   Link #763
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This actually might be the answer to my earlier post, if someone could take a stab at it:

http://www.kaiseisha.co.jp/moribito/preview.html
Old 2009-05-09, 20:26   Link #764
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by rio View Post
I attended a ceremony of all-night wakes for Mai-san with my father.
There wasn't Tsutchi no Miya(?)-dono for ceremony of a seal of Hakuei(?).
The living family of her was only her daughter Kagura.
Thesedays we have had often funerals of our branch family.
Today is cold for the rain.

Like that
Thanks mate. That happens to be Tsuchimiya-dono on the sealing of Byakuei.

Now that's clearer.

I guess this is next too:

土宮殿は白叡を継承した。
今まで白叡を封印していた舞さんが亡くなったから。
最凶の霊獣である白叡は、解き放つとおぞましい瘴気と共に世界の全てを喰らい尽くす。
喰霊と呼ばれる所以。
その喰霊を世に放たないために、必ず誰かが継承し、封印しなければいけない。
これからは、土宮殿が自分の体内に白叡を封印する。
白叡は、一度継承して自分の魂と同化させると、死ぬまでほどく事はできないと言う。
白叡を手放す時は、継承者が死ぬ時だそうだ。
舞さんのように。
あの場では、急がねばならなかったし、他に手は無いとは言え、自分で継承する事にためらいのない土宮殿は凄 いと思う。
先祖代々、白叡の封印を続けている土宮の家系は大変だ。
鵺のように獅子王を使うだけで使役できるわけではない。
皆が敬意を払うのもわかる。

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 07:55   Link #765
animekritik

quick question, does anyone know what "torya" is? (=とりゃ) It's just by itself, not as part of a sentence or anything..
Old 2009-05-11, 22:39   Link #766
ThoHell

How do you say bad, as in doesn't taste good. Ma... matsui?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 23:00   Link #767
animekritik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
How do you say bad, as in doesn't taste good. Ma... matsui?
You say Mazui.
Old 2009-05-12, 04:15   Link #768
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by animekritik View Post
quick question, does anyone know what "torya" is? (=とりゃ) It's just by itself, not as part of a sentence or anything..
Write in about 2-3 sentences before and after that word, so we gain some context before we can answer you with that.
It's slang of an actual verb and with no kanji given either, it's near imposs to give you an accurate answer.
Need more info please

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 23:06   Link #769
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This actually might be the answer to my earlier post, if someone could take a stab at it:

http://www.kaiseisha.co.jp/moribito/preview.html
What are you looking for in there? It would be quicker for me to know what questions you seek answers for. It looks like that’s just a preview though, so it might not be able to answer your questions.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 00:45   Link #770
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
What are you looking for in there? It would be quicker for me to know what questions you seek answers for. It looks like that’s just a preview though, so it might not be able to answer your questions.
In a nutshell, "What happens to Balsa and Chagum at the end of the series". More specifically, do Tanda and Balsa end up together (which I've pretty well puzzled out), and what becomes of Chagum? Is he happy wherever the story leaves him, unlike the anime ending? Where do things stand between he and Balsa, etc.

I actually did a google search on the kana

天と地の守り人 第3部 の終り

And found what look to be some rather promising leads - blogs and such - but all of the online translators are shockingly bad.... Thus, my plea on this board.
Old 2009-05-13, 01:54   Link #771
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
In a nutshell, "What happens to Balsa and Chagum at the end of the series". More specifically, do Tanda and Balsa end up together (which I've pretty well puzzled out), and what becomes of Chagum? Is he happy wherever the story leaves him, unlike the anime ending? Where do things stand between he and Balsa, etc.

I actually did a google search on the kana

天と地の守り人 第3部 の終り

And found what look to be some rather promising leads - blogs and such - but all of the online translators are shockingly bad.... Thus, my plea on this board.
i 've tried to tlanslate the page, but the sentences are quite long..
So,, it's ok to translate each one message of the three parts of the story? ..
What they say are alike for one part..

If so, i may post here in several hours

Edit : Here is that ;p

<Moribito of the Heaven and the Earth Volume 1 Part of Rota>

There were countries in which shady smells and political conspiracy around.
In that violent era, Shuga and Tanda were fighting in their position.
There were national people who were involved in the battle forcefully and had to obey the decision the evil politicians had made.

'Moribito of the Heaven and the Earth ' is supposed to be 3 volumes .
I was often feeling bad when i read this book as the introduction.
Chagumu was going to go to the little hope. And Balsa was after him to protect him.

Chagumu , who was thinking about the national people than himself was like walking on a line though he didn't know which side was his enermy.
Balsa was thinking about Chagumu more than the country with anticipating if he would drop from the line. That was very sad like a mother's love.
I also felt sad as if i was Balsa.

Adults often think people can't govern a country with only purity. But Chagumu is no more only pure by experiencing the warmth of people through Balsa and Tanda and by aimed at by his true parents.
He had a lot of experience as a traveler.

He has a strength as a 'Moribito of Spirit' to protect the egg .
I really want to see the country he is going to make.
Also,i hope Balsa and Tanda will be happy too.

Now, i am regretting that i've compreted reading 'The part of Rota' earlier. Because i can't help but care about the continuation of the story. What will Balsa and Chagmu and Tanda be? How will their country be?
I am really looking forward to read the next volume.

※ To add it, i suppose there would be a lot of readers who care about Asura and Shiruna because there's no depiction of how they have become in 'Moribito of God'.
But such people would be satisfied to know their information in this book.
-Yura (President of the fan page of Naoko Uehashi)

<Moribito of the Heaven and the Earth Volume 2 Part of Kanbal Kingdom>

I was going to taste it slowly. i was always doing so to face the series, but i alway couldn't accomplish that.
No sooner had i finished reading the book ,i jumped to 'Part of Kanbal Kingdom'
and shouted, 'Give me the rest series !!'

Balsa and chagumu were happy to see each other, and went off to Balsa's hometown Kanbal. But of course that was not a lovely trip in that they could travel with their horses smilingly. Again, Balsa's tears were increasing. Chagumu was going ahead for the national people while he was attracted to Nayugu, and sometimes tortured by feeling of powerless and humiliation.

And he tried to do what he should do inspite of his very dangerous position.
I couldn't think they could solve the problems because the characters were crossed very complicatedly and the misfortune of Sag and Nayugu were very huge.
Whether this situation will be better or not? It seems i can hear readers' voice like me ''Will we wait here?''

Like 'Part of Rota', i like the depiction by that i can know why Balsa had the reputation as a body guard.
I think i will wait for the next volume with absorbed in such Moribito's world, and tracing many thoughts.
-Yumiko Shrai ( The president of the cave of Moribito)

<Moribito of the Heaven and the Earth Volume 3 Part of New Yogo imperial country>

"Ah He returned" I thought so at the same time as having finished reading. How long the trip was.
It is 2years after Chagumu went out of new Yogo . To Rota, Kambal and Tarushu , he had traveled around well as even a spy can't do. And finally he came back to New Yogo.
However, it was not beautiful new Yogo where the plant buds to wait for him. It became a country where a dark shadow overflows and corruption was very closed to. Chagumu should make one's way during two misfornunes Sag and Nayugu whirl.

On the other hand, what does Balsa who has separated from Chagumu do ?
Is Tanda safe?How are Torogai, Shuga, Hyugo..? There will be those questions' answer waiting for us.
I think this is a "Coming Back story".To back to a dear hometown, to starting point of yourself and to the place where a dear person waits at. I was moved by watching them who are seeking the places and what they should do, what they can do without giving up .
I want you to enjoy many people's feeling, and the complex story like 'entwisted yarn of Sheep ' as Kanbaru's shephed boy says becomes a knit and then how large the story will become.

'Moribito' ends this time for a while.
However, they are still moving around vividly in my mind. They will make a new history from tomorrow.
I was happy that i could see the end of the trip. i am dreaming that i will be able to see them i really love again somewhere and i pray, 'Be happy after you reach there'
-Akane

Sorry i had misunderstood what you want to know;
What you want to know isn't depicted obviously there
They are writing about the story very ambiguously and it seems they just lead you to read the books ;

Last edited by rio; 2009-05-13 at 04:09.
rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 10:12   Link #772
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thanks, Rio. That's the problem, of course - a lot of these pages deliberately leave off the good spoilers. But as easy as it is to see that from your good translation above, it's hard to tell from bad machine translators! I know some of the other links on that google search string have better information, and I've puzzled out some of the ending from that - mostly that Balsa and Tanda end up "together" but not quite together, somehow... And most of that info comes from Wao who has been incredibly generous and is scoping things out for me and found some good information. But still waiting for the holy grail - real detail on where things stand with Balsa and Chagum and what his situation is at the close of the last book.
Old 2009-05-18, 23:11   Link #773
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Haha, I'm sorry Guardian Enzo. I offered to help you out and then I disappeared. I got a little busy and then forgot about this. Sorry about that. But it looks like Rio was able to help you out, so all’s good?
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 23:36   Link #774
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Indeed - Rio, Wao, Karou, Kujoe have all been kind and helped a lot... There's still more I'd like to find out - what''s the deal with Chagum's little brother and sister, what are the chances of another sequel... But I certainly know a lot more than I did, thanks to some kind help.
Old 2009-05-19, 11:51   Link #775
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post

> I think the advantage of PPZ to the original is that you can imagine a story of the wonderful first contact of the characters.
Yes. But the original contains the "making" episodes instead. I believe it is better to enjoy each good point of each work.
Thank you so very much for the translation!

Is there a similiar translation for this?

らき☆すたの永森やまとです。先日、ニューヨーク在住の方(おそらくアメリカ人)から応援のメッセージを頂 きました。いやー、まさか外国から来るとは! と、言うわけで、彼(多分)のご希望のやまとを描いてみまし た。これも国際交流になるのかな? これからもがんばります。( I do my best from now on. )

Thank you for any help!

Dee

Last edited by Dee Eon; 2009-05-19 at 11:53. Reason: spelling
Dee Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 18:22   Link #776
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Eon View Post
Thank you so very much for the translation!

Is there a similiar translation for this?

らき☆すたの永森やまとです。先日、ニューヨーク在住の方(おそらくアメリカ人)から応援のメッセージを頂 きました。いやー、まさか外国から来るとは! と、言うわけで、彼(多分)のご希望のやまとを描いてみまし た。これも国際交流になるのかな? これからもがんばります。( I do my best from now on. )

Thank you for any help!

Dee
I am Yamato Nagamori from Lucky☆Star . The other day, i received a message from a person in New York (i would guess the person is American). Oh, i hadn't imagined i could receive a message from a foreign country !!
That's why, i depicted 'Yamato' he(maybe) hopes to see. Would it become international exchange i wonder? I 'll do my best from now on too.
Old 2009-05-20, 02:14   Link #777
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio View Post
I am Yamato Nagamori from Lucky☆Star . The other day, i received a message from a person in New York (i would guess the person is American). Oh, i hadn't imagined i could receive a message from a foreign country !!
That's why, i depicted 'Yamato' he(maybe) hopes to see. Would it become international exchange i wonder? I 'll do my best from now on too.
Thank you, Rio!
Old 2009-05-20, 02:19   Link #778
Dee Eon

Greetings!

How would I say in Japanese:

"Fuzzy (an anime character) is a combination of the American 'Bigfoot' creature and a 'Hillbilly', which explains his supernatural strength and banjo."

Appreciate any try!

Dee
Old 2009-05-21, 03:05   Link #779
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Got a new word that's not in any of my Japanese Dictionaries....

バッチイ

What's the definition for this word?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 03:10   Link #780
Doughnuts

WWWJDIC

ばっちい (adj-i) (sl) dirty (word used by kids); unclean
Doughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
song, translation