Originally Posted by Rukia_Blue View Post
Does someone mine translating this:

Spoiler for pic:
陶器札 means "ceramic tags".
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 13:53   Link #882
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Hi, been trying to translate some of the speech from Code Geass (Emperor's speech). I've managed to translate most of it, but it's very complicated and I can't really look up all of the words. Some of them don't even make sense if I translate them. So would you please look over it and correct me? I'd be very greatful, I've spent a lot of time trying to do this.

Shittou wa bujou dou dewa nai ka. Umare shi wa hayoy mo no, utsukushii mo no, --- (couldn't find this word) mazushii mo no. Byojaku da karada masu mo no, umare mo sai mo no. Ningen wa minna wa chigautte ore no da.

English subs: All men are not created equal. Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different.

YouTube link to speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HqV03Jouzk&feature=fvw

Time: 0:25 - 0:45.
Old 2009-09-05, 14:40   Link #883
Doughnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
Hi, been trying to translate some of the speech from Code Geass (Emperor's speech). I've managed to translate most of it, but it's very complicated and I can't really look up all of the words. Some of them don't even make sense if I translate them. So would you please look over it and correct me? I'd be very greatful, I've spent a lot of time trying to do this.
Spoiler for transcription:
Doughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 07:46   Link #884
animekritik

quick question?

can anyone identify an anime, manga or something related to one of the two, going by the name of グルーシン??
Old 2009-09-06, 08:53   Link #885
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by animekritik View Post
quick question?

can anyone identify an anime, manga or something related to one of the two, going by the name of グルーシン??
I think that is it: じゃじゃ馬グルーミンUP!
Old 2009-09-06, 09:02   Link #886
animekritik

@LiberLibri

Ah!! Exactly!!! That's why I though that シ looked rather odd!!! Thanx a lot!
Old 2009-09-06, 16:35   Link #887
enzo80

anyone know the meaning of this

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2779/67705373.jpg
enzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 18:06   Link #888
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo80 View Post
This is an unusable account. Please inquire again from the official home page.
Old 2009-09-08, 08:13   Link #889
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Can someone translate this please? Sorry that I didn't get permission to do so from the author but I just recently found this in Gelbooru so idk who it's from; and many thanks.
Spoiler for Umineko:
Old 2009-09-08, 09:13   Link #890
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Can someone translate this please? Sorry that I didn't get permission to do so from the author but I just recently found this in Gelbooru so idk who it's from; and many thanks.
Spoiler for Umineko:
You, mom and daddy, are you a sweet couple?
Huh?
Uncle George told me that although you make often quarrels but in fact you love much each other.
Umm... Say, it is a kind of adults' secret.
A child like you doesn't need to know it.
(Irritated) I require you to repeat after me! The Husband Butler and The Wife Beatrice are sweet couple!
Wow! It is the blue text! (* to which Beatrice is responsible to answer seriously in the game)
Who taught her the system?
Old 2009-09-09, 09:18   Link #891
ryohei

to Liwyn

[QUOTE=Liwyn;2627135]

>Shittou wa bujou dou dewa nai ka. Umare shi wa hayoy mo no, utsukushii mo no, --- (couldn't find this word) mazushii mo no. Byojaku da karada masu mo no, umare mo sai mo no. Ningen wa minna wa chigautte ore no da.

>English subs: All men are not created equal. Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different.

HI, Liwyn.
Correct romaji sub is...

Hito wa byoudou dewa nai. Umaretsuki Ashi no hayai mono, utsukushii mono, oya ga mazushii mono, byoujaku na karada wo motsu mono, umare mo sodachi mo sainou mo ningen wa mina chigatte oru no da.

your english sub has some mistakes. ex: 'mazushii' does not mean 'greater status'. it means 'poor'.
then better English subs:
All men are not created equal. Some are born smarter, or more beautiful. Some, by contrast, are with poor parents ,or born weak of body. All men have different nature AND nerture.

translations of umare,sodachi,and sainou are difficult.
usually umare is nature, sodachi is nerture, and sainou is talent/genius. but the word 'nature' has meaning of talent, then I think above translation is good.
Meaning of these words fitted to context, I think, is...
umare: What social status did their parent have.
sodachi: How environmet did they grow up at.
sainou: How much talent were they gifted.

I hope my answer helps your anime life.
ryohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 23:28   Link #892
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
You, mom and daddy, are you a sweet couple?
Huh?
Uncle George told me that although you make often quarrels but in fact you love much each other.
Umm... Say, it is a kind of adults' secret.
A child like you doesn't need to know it.
(Irritated) I require you to repeat after me! The Husband Butler and The Wife Beatrice are sweet couple!
Wow! It is the blue text! (* to which Beatrice is responsible to answer seriously in the game)
Who taught her the system?
Thanks a lot! The comic's pretty cute.
I have another comic that needs to be translated too and also found out that the artist is Monochrome but I can't seem to find his/her website through. Thanks again :]
Spoiler for tidy:
Old 2009-09-10, 08:09   Link #893
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Thanks a lot! The comic's pretty cute.
I have another comic that needs to be translated too and also found out that the artist is Monochrome but I can't seem to find his/her website through. Thanks again :]
Spoiler for tidy:
Hey daddy.
What's the matter?
Today I drew a picture of you! The teacher told me to illustrate you as you are at home.
I hope you depicted me so cool...
[the illustration]
HEY BUTLER! Come out! Watch your behavior: it is the very reason why he drew such a picture!
Old 2009-09-13, 15:56   Link #894
Liwyn

Again, thank you for helping me with the translation of the Emperor's speech, Doughnuts and Ryohei. You have both been given +rep :-)

I have a question, but this is more of a yes or no one. I've been listening to a song from the Code Geass R2 Soundtrack called 'Innocent Days' by Hitomi. The problem is that the lyrics don't seem to fit the song. All of the translations on the web seem inncorrect, it doesn't sound as if she sings anything like it. Would someone please have a look and listen, or tell me if I'm just hallucinating?

YouTube link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZvgevR9tiU

Lyrics link (all of the translations from a lot of different pages seem to be the same): http://www.lyricstime.com/hitomi-inn...ys-lyrics.html

Thank you for your help.
Old 2009-09-13, 17:04   Link #895
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Huh?

Maybe we both are just deaf....but I haven't been able to make out a single Japanese word in that song.
Old 2009-09-13, 18:25   Link #896
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I think that's just a ton of gibberish: http://atashi.wordpress.com/2007/03/...innocent-days/

Just a made up language it seems, with 'translations' for it.
Old 2009-09-14, 09:35   Link #897
Liwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
I think that's just a ton of gibberish: http://atashi.wordpress.com/2007/03/...innocent-days/

Just a made up language it seems, with 'translations' for it.
Alright, thank you very much. I was wondering if I had lost my common sense
Old 2009-09-17, 10:35   Link #898
Dee Eon

Greetings All!

I don't need a word per word translation, just the gist of what this passage in the Nico Anime Lucky Star forum says will do. Thanks for any feedback!

Dee

科学特捜隊に所属する若きエリート。ジェットビートルでパトロールしていたところを宇宙から来た赤い光の玉 と衝突し、命を落としてしまう。しかし、その光の玉に乗っていた?謎の宇宙人と一体化することで、命を助け られた。そして、その宇宙人に渡された道具「ベーターカプセル」を掲げることにより、正義のヒーロー・ヤマ トラマンに変身し、活躍することになるのである。・・・あっ、違うや。

ゲーム『らき☆すた 〜陵桜学園 桜藤祭〜』に登場するオリジナルキャラ。しかし厳密にはその体験版の『真・らき☆すた萌えドリ ル 〜旅立ち〜』の予約特典である『らき☆すら Lucky☆Star 〜RAvish Romance〜』で本格的に初登場している。が、その前に実は原作にもひっそりと登場している。

桜藤祭の発売の遅れで登場からキャラの詳細がわかるようになるまでかなり時間がかかってしまった。さいたま 市内?にある聖フィオリナ女学院2年3組に所属するが、なぜか陵桜学園3年B組に転校してくる。八坂こうと は中学時代からの親友だが・・・。

柊かがみが動のツンデレだとすれば、やまとは静のツンデレ。むしろダルデレ?ツンダル?照れ屋な甘えん坊だ が甘え下手で、普段はツンとすましておりとっつきづらいせいか、ツンデレのように見られてしま う。

中文版(台湾)での公式表記は「永森大和」。
Dee Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 10:18   Link #899
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Eon View Post
Greetings All!

I don't need a word per word translation, just the gist of what this passage in the Nico Anime Lucky Star forum says will do. Thanks for any feedback!
(Jokingly) She is a young elite guy in the special scientific police team. She makes patrol on a Jet Beetle, and collides into a red light sphere to death. However, the outer-space intelligence in the sphere saves her life and provides her with the power to transform into a justice hero Yamatlaman - no, I'm just kidding.

She is a new character who made debut in the game title "Lucky Star: Outou Festival". In fact, she appears firstly in the special bonus track of the trial version "Lucky Star: Moe Drill". You can even find her figure in the original comic as well.

She was in the class 3 of second grade, St. Fiorina girls' school. She transfers into the class B of third gradem Ryouou school, without showing any detail on the reason. She has been a friend of Kou Yasaka since in junior highschool.

If you call Kagami Hiiragi an active tsundere, then Yamato can be seen as a passive tsundere; or I think she may be a lazy tsundere. She is shy and dependent in fact, but she can not depend on others smartly. She always behave as if she is arrogant so that many people think she is a tsundere.

In Taiwanese/Chinese, her name is written as 永森大和. (note: Kana names are forcibly written in kanji when translated into Chinese.)
Old 2009-09-19, 12:43   Link #900
Hakuryu
Klutz

Could someone please translate this artist's name for me.

Name: 袜筒二月
Source site: http://waterys.blog94.fc2.com/

Tags
song, translation