AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-09, 15:11   Link #441
ookamigirl

Interesting story this time too. Quite different from the ones up till now.
Those two always manage to find new phantom books no matter where they are ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 19:53   Link #442
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Book of Equivalence & Book of Relationship

Hearing Dalian explaining the book of equivalence terms in native Japanese reminded me a bit to Fullmetal Alchemist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In ep8 we get one of our infrequent chances to hear Kuwashima Houko (as Rianna), as well as Noto Mamiko as Camilla, and Sakurai Takahiro in yet another wildly different role, as Armand.
Yes, Kuwashima Houko, the Kuwashima Houko that voiced one of my most favorite characters in a previous, non-mainstream shounen series.

And Armand never learns the lesson even after brought back to life, and now he settles an attempt to court Camilla, which having those two BTW before my eyes would seem like an odd or out of place couple.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 20:15   Link #443
Dralha

Ep 9 was well done.

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Old 2011-09-09, 20:18   Link #444
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Like how they went inside the book to save it. The change in animation style was a nice touch to show that they were in a different world.
Old 2011-09-09, 21:29   Link #445
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I liked the change in art style, but the pacing of this episode was kind of stupid to me. I also didn't like how they chose to transition from scene to scene. It wasn't bad or anything, just not to my preference.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 23:34   Link #446
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Glorious GAINAX ingenuity at long last. A wonderful episode.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 23:39   Link #447
Zodiamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralha View Post
Spoiler for Episode 9:
If Itsuka Tenma hasn't had an budget cut so far being the piece of crap it is, there is no way Dantallian could get one, being of the best series of this season.

Anyway, episode 9 was ok, the more screen time Dalian gets the better the episode is, tbqh.
Old 2011-09-10, 00:08   Link #448
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not a bad episode though not hugely a fan of the art style. Interesting getting into the book like that and having to deal with those bugs .
Old 2011-09-10, 00:22   Link #449
AzureWrath

This episode made me think that those otaku who buy like 3 copies of everthing had the right idea xD.
Old 2011-09-10, 11:22   Link #450
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Yet another brilliant piece of GAINAX ingenuity for the books, I say.

Watching this episode honestly felt like reading a storybook to me, the animation being just spot on. It felt as if I were flashing back to my childhood.

If I had just one request, it would've been a bit more Dalian than we got. She was just so adorable here, and her tsundere nature shone through in a way reminiscent of my first impression of her from the manga. ;D
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 16:39   Link #451
Uribatake

This episode was pure Osamu Kobayashi, down to the background art, and his unique style was a wonderful fit for the story. Good thing Gainax is still willing to hire him even after the whole Gurren Lagann episode 4 debacle.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 17:39   Link #452
scr
my sides are in orbit

Bugs attack, tribal shaman, capturing bugs in 'coccoon'... this sounds like the (rather obscure) PS1 game Jade Coccoon.

Nice Art Shift. It reminds me of Kemono no Souja Erin.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:42   Link #453
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That was a pretty decent acid trip.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:46   Link #454
Used Can

I've loved this show enough to even order the BDs.
But I'll admit an overall plot would make it even better. One of the best things in any show is the suspense of now knowing what's going to happen next, but a show of an episodic nature hardly has any of that. But well, this show is already good enough as it is.
Old 2011-09-10, 20:46   Link #455
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A good episode it seems like an old anime
Old 2011-09-13, 20:07   Link #456
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Book of Twilight

Anyone knows why did Dalian and Huey travelled into the world within the book?

I can come to think that because of the infestation in the house, the bookworms became attracted to the light within the book and crossed over to the other side, while both Dalian and Huey followed in pursuit.

And, well since the story took place in a world within the book it was natural that the animation had to match the art and illustrations within that book's universe.

Though, that animation style reminded me greatly of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann episode four, if anyone can recall.
Old 2011-09-14, 10:26   Link #457
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Finally got around to watching ep 9 ... and enjoyed it. 7/10 vote for the ep from me

For some reason the world in the book reminded me a little of the Nausicaa movie set in a late 19th c. European city....
Old 2011-09-16, 13:33   Link #458
Midonin
Last Engage

A Melody of Happiness ("Happiness" in the Requiem for a Dream sense, but still) and a Melody of Despair. Not the first time I'll encounter such themes this week. And not the first time we've encountered artificial humans in this show, either. I thought something was up with Christabel, since her eyes looked a little weird at first glance, and that first glance was correct. And hey, Chernabog did end up making a guest appearance. Sort of.

When it comes to sarcastic leading ladies, Dalian and Mayu are pretty neck-and-neck. They have different kinds of sarcasm, but both are fun to watch.

Last edited by Midonin; 2011-09-16 at 13:47.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:37   Link #459
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Liked the violin parts. Nice to see her play the music telling them to leave before she brought down the place.
Old 2011-09-17, 17:14   Link #460
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sonata of Utopia & Sonata of Twilight

I was as well aware that something was fishy with Christabels' eyes, as also her behavior and was able to figure out her true nature when both Huey and Dalian found the mannequin doll sitting next to the piano.

While at first glance Christabel's origin and creation seems to draw a lesson-morale parallel to the story of Perfumer from this show's previous, episode seven, I actually draw more comparison to Edward Scissorhand's character to her. Because Dallaglio created Christabel to learn by herself how to become human through music, even if at first he created her for the purpose of performing Baldini's lost score.

However, Dallaglio said so himself that as time went, and she gradually grew to learn how to play and perform music in a more complete manner and more beautifully, he was able to feel and tell that within Christabel something was beginning to be borned; the probability of her giving birth to a soul or a will of her own, but still immature or underdeveloped by the time of the tenth episode's plot.

Finally, I'm very glad to have watched that the story returned back with little Huey and the mysterious librarian; it seems that the road towards the ending for this show is starting to set.

Tags
fantasy, shounen