Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-04, 17:51   Link #921
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Yah the grandpa seems like he's going to be more corrupt. And Yukio's gonna have to get reality slapped into him soon I bet.
Yep, Gramps got an agenda. Yukio is prob doing this to protect his brother.

So...

Spoiler for ep.21:
Old 2011-09-04, 18:39   Link #922
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler for ep.21:
Spoiler for :

I must admit this departure from the manga original is looking quite promising ep by ep. Kudos to the production team for keeping it entertaining as well as in suspense. Hopefully they can keep it up 'til the end.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 10:01   Link #923
klare

oh yeah this grandpa is pro (i dont entirely trust what he said to Yukio), the story of Neuhaus and his wife is done quite nicely, a fitting end for them

i believe now we are totally far away from the manga (which i never read), because i feel Rin is progressing too fast that his friends (supposed party members) already could not keep up with him at this point
Old 2011-09-05, 10:11   Link #924
ookamigirl

Interesting revelation about their mom and the secret lab.
Artificial life experiments & Negaus's wife. Guess that stuff never works out right.
Shiemi sure has unusual luck of stumbling into trouble. Those Vatican guys are pretty brutal & there is no reasoning with them. Rin trying to save the day just ended up with Michelle saving him. At least she found her peace in the end.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 17:11   Link #925
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Neuheus survives. His wife gave him a key and Shiemi covered his escape. He's off to find a nice place to spend their final hours together and bury her.

Has any other anime in Blue Exorcist's timeslot been announced yet? It seems like they are going for the 52-60 episode original adaptation. How has this anime been doing in the ratings? The manga outsold Naruto in America. It looks like it's getting popular.

I don't see how they can turn this series back to the manga storyline. A lot of character development has happened to guys like Neuheus that has yet to take place in the manga. It seems Yukio has made a big life decision, too.

It seems that grandpa's intro is the beginning of a major story arc. Yukio has sided with someone that would be considered a traitor, if they lose.

They could still turn back to the manga but it will take some creative writing, maybe even some time travel. This arc is not written like a filler arc, too much going on. They could have easily forced the whole crew to travel to Egypt to fight an ancient mummy...

It seems like Blue Exorcist is getting the FMA treatment. Maybe in 6-10 years they'll remake it following the manga storyline---> Blue Exorcist : Brotherhood.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 18:44   Link #926
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Artificial life experiments & Negaus's wife. Guess that stuff never works out right.
Nope, certainly not if anime in general is any indication.

I really do feel for Neuheus, or however it's spelled. It must have been horrible to see his wife brought back and for her mind to degenerate into something that is no longer recognizable as "her." Looked like she made a bit of a recovery in the end, though. Maybe there's a silver lining.
Old 2011-09-06, 20:21   Link #927
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

An Empty Day

This nineteenth episode was an in-between episode amongst storm.

It came off naturally to see everyone working so hard and enjoying each other's companies to prepare for Izumo's birthday party, and we got to see Paku again getting involved to see that Izumo-chan got her best birthday.

Of course, it didn't go as planned since Izumo-chan in pure and just cute, tsundere fashion sneak in to check what was going on between Shim and Paku, but it was just her imagination running wild at the end.

And, at the end we got ourselves to learn more about the origins of the Okumura brothers. Even after death, Fujimoto's spirit and memory continues to carry on; the precious snowy, December day when he found and adopted the two brothers while were still babies at the time.

But, the dream and good memories for that joint birthday party could never last, as this episode ended in a cliffhanger note regarding the Okumuras' acquaintances and friends of their previous church getting assaulted.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 17:52   Link #928
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Vol 7, which is the first volume of AoEx to be released since the anime began airing, has finally been released, and it sold 431k copies the first week. In comparison, vol 6 only sold 141k the first week, and vol 5 only sold 47k. Seriously, this is the biggest leap as a result of an anime since FMA. The volume came out on Friday and tracking ended on Sunday, so I'm expecting vol 7 to have a pretty big second week, something like 100k added onto the total sales. From there it'll probably keep ranking slowly until it hits 600k.

And as a foot note, vols 1-6 of AoEx all have sales totaling over 600k on Oricon's charts now.

EDIT: Looking at the sales of other series now, it seems that they all have very low first week sales because of being released on Friday. I mean, you know something is wrong when Gintama only does 182k the first week. The second week bump might be even bigger than I thought...
Old 2011-09-10, 18:53   Link #929
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Mask

Since the end of the training camp arc, I can feel the anime-original material, but the execution is fair and good to make this seemingly, last anime-arc so good.

The mask of the assailant was disturbingly creepy and effectively haunting, just as how the mask of a Menos Grande should ought be.

It's hard and sad to watch Yukio lamenting over his own inability to protect Bon and the others, and sadder watching wallowing in self-frustration because the one thing that he was just good at was gone for good, protecting his brother Rin.

But, let's be frank. Yukio couldn't prevent Rin from growing-up, forever. And, he was so absorbed in that duty that it took off his sight of more presssing priorities.

I believe that the one he acted reckless was actually Yukio and not Rin, because it was expected for Rin to took the bait and charging in, but not from Yukio even how well he had put on a plan beforehand. Moustached-sensei warned him to wait for reinforcements, but he was too hasty with concern to listen.

Making matters worse now, the Vatican's putting a pull out on Mephisto, according to the feed they received about Mephisto conducting banned experiments with humans and beasts; the timing too accurate and too well placed.

And, finally, Negaus delivering news about the masked assailant being his wife, which I quickly deduced right from the beginning that the assailant's identity must be that of a woman.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 14:11   Link #930
EroKing

Episode 22

Had a feeling they were going to try killing Rin. Yukio about to kill Kuro was just sad. At the end however looks like Yukio somehow managed to save him but got taken over by Satan? The pacing I felt is too fast, probably would've been better with more episodes to focus on characters like Shura. The end is coming, which will most likely be something like "you can't kill all demons as they are born from dead humans who committed sins and so Satan simply can't be killed."
Old 2011-09-11, 14:22   Link #931
ookamigirl

Wow! Yukio became Paladin & head of Japanese branch, that's a nice promotion!
Giving them weapons... Vatican sure has gotten serious about getting rid of demons.
That church guy sure has some big plans of destroying Gehenna, but that's just gonna start a war...
Guys are getting second thoughts and with good reason! Everyone's gotten mad with killing.
Using Rin as a sacrifice to open the gates to hell by his own grandfather?! OMG!
Aewsome episode!!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 15:13   Link #932
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 22
The pacing I felt is too fast, probably would've been better with more episodes to focus on characters like Shura.
Damn right.
How many episodes left ?

Cause for the first time I'm not reading the manga so I can't figure if we are going on anime-only material right now.
If thought it would be the same as the first FMA tv-show (around 48 episodes or so...) but if it's only 24/26 episodes, then it would be a shame.

(And still, we don't know anything about the puppeter of the cram school...)
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 15:31   Link #933
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I agree the pacing was a little fast for me to comprehend everything. Was worried about Kuro, thought Yukio was actually going to kill him. Yukio has been completely brainwashed. Lol he's the new paladin and head of the Japanese branch. Their grandpa is a real piece of work. Lol how Mephisto was able to escape so easily. So now Yukio has awakened his demon powers. Hope Rin ain't dead. Good thing the others were able to figure out that what they were doing wasn't right.
Old 2011-09-11, 17:17   Link #934
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
How many episodes left ?
3 episodes left as far as I know.

I agree that the pacing was off the chart, everything suddenly happened at once, but I'm not entirely unhappy with that. Obviously, I'd wish for a bit more of an even pacing (especially considering there were filler episodes, I mean come on, you could have spent them better if you're going to rush towards the end), but I think it turned out alright regardless. It was an extremely exciting episode, and I love the self-righteous turn the new leadership, including Yukio, is taking. Of course, with the ending of the episode, he's bound to realize his folly.

Anxious to see how Shura's battle with mister cue-ball turns out as well

Last edited by Echoes; 2011-09-11 at 20:48. Reason: minor grammar
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 20:32   Link #935
Dralha

Ep 22 was waaaay too fast. It was still good, but they're really packing a lot in there.

Spoiler for Episode 22:
Old 2011-09-12, 09:03   Link #936
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Everything is not as it seems... Take into account Mephisto's words and actions.

Spoiler for The Artificial Life program:
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 10:42   Link #937
klare

we knew grandpa is up to no good, why a smart person like Yukio could not notice earlier

i remember that giant boar is protecting the forest in Princess Mononoke too...

next eps looks like a flash back one, after that can we expect Rin vs Yukio? maybe with Mephisto and Amaimon intervening
Old 2011-09-12, 22:35   Link #938
tera_ha

wtf. the last 5 minutes was so rushed .
Old 2011-09-13, 00:10   Link #939
kvi

Ep 22 seemed to be all over the place. Way too much happening in that one episode without much build up.
kvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 18:24   Link #940
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Episode 22

What?????? That felt like someone was on roller-blades and going downhill.. First it went to this, then 10 seconds later it went to this Still got to the point atleast.. Grandpa went insane with his power as the pope and tricked Yukio into believing there was hope for Rin to become human. But it all turned into one huge scandal when Rin was the last ingredient to open the artificial gate for them to launch the nuclear missile on Satan..

I wonder how exactly things will turn out.

Tags
fantasy, shounen