AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 12:18   Link #661
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Still seems kind of rushed to me, would have liked to know more about this Elyurias being and about what really happened. Kinda sad though, that Safu died 'for the greater good'.

I have to admit, that the ending was rather touching, the build-up to it was slightly rushed, but thats what you get when you cram so many volumes into just 11 episodes.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 13:50   Link #662
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Bones? What's the problem? Do you want to talk about about it? I mean I forgave you after Heroman, then you made Star Driver and you disappointed me yet again, Gosick was okay but I'd been hurt before I wasn't ready to think you'd changed. When I heard about No. 6 I came running back to you and you cheated me again. I don't know if I can stay in this self-destructive relationship with you anymore, I love you but it's killing me inside. I think I'm going to part ways with you now, don't bother trying my cell, I've changed my number.

With regret, Chris
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 14:20   Link #663
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Why did Nezumi and Shion go seperate ways? SO ANNOYING! Can´t they just have a happy ending? Typical animeendings...
Old 2011-09-16, 15:51   Link #664
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just watched ep 11. Umm ... what just happened?

*sigh*

So sad that happened to Safu (my fave character of the series), and the series was good the past three eps too....

Well ... I hafta vote 5/10 on ep 11 and I guess 5.5/10 on the series as a whole.

To be honest after ep 11 I feel like I wasted my time getting interested again the past three eps after being on the verge of dropping it before they shifted back to a plot centric focus away from the Shion/Nezumi relationship dynamic.
Old 2011-09-16, 16:36   Link #665
Dop
Mmmm....

I did spend several minutes towards the end of the episode shouting "SNOG!" at the screen. Shion and Nezumi going their separate ways made no sense. But then again...

Definitely needed more episodes, it was all just too rushed.

But it just goes to prove once again that WASPS ARE EVIL!

Still I quite enjoyed it anyway.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 16:44   Link #666
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Just to play devil's advocate, FLCL is only six episodes - and I defy anyone to tell me it isn't big. Or that it scales back its ambition. It's brash, bold, incredibly smart, subtle and full of great characters and big ideas, and sci-fi driven. If it can be done that well in 6 episodes it can certainly be done in 11 - you just need a director and screenwriter who understand how to fit the material to the format.

That said, the evidence is strong that the character-driven shows work better in the timeslot. The last three were all superb, while the last three Brain slot shows - two original and one adaptation - all suffered from rushed pacing and insane endings. If you gave me a block of Wandering Son and AnoHana, I'd be thrilled with that.

Guilty Crown is two cours, so perhaps that will help. Though my instinct is that UN-GO will surprise and be the better show.
Wasn't FLCL an OVA? Isn't that a little different than trying to work to fit the restrictions of a TV slot? Don't really think it's fair to compare a planned 6 episode OVA with being forced to cram an adaptation of several novels into a restrictive 11 episode timeslot without gutting most of pacing and plotting that was intended.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 17:13   Link #667
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Wasn't FLCL an OVA? Isn't that a little different than trying to work to fit the restrictions of a TV slot? Don't really think it's fair to compare a planned 6 episode OVA with being forced to cram an adaptation of several novels into a restrictive 11 episode timeslot without gutting most of pacing and plotting that was intended.
That excuse works for No.6, but not for C or Fractale. They were both original creations, and as long as you know the length of your allotted time going in I don't see whether something is OVA or TV makes any difference.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 17:32   Link #668
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That excuse works for No.6, but not for C or Fractale. They were both original creations, and as long as you know the length of your allotted time going in I don't see whether something is OVA or TV makes any difference.
Yes, don't worry I'm not going to argue that point.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 19:32   Link #669
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

duh..........the ending.

wat happened to the tornado bees
safu gg'ed?

5/10.....the last ep wasnt good at all T_T
Old 2011-09-16, 20:38   Link #670
Dralha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera View Post
Why did Nezumi and Shion go seperate ways?
Good question...It didn't make a whole lot of sense that they emerge from the ruins only to have Nezumi walk off for no stated reason...
Old 2011-09-16, 21:16   Link #671
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

So I noticed that No. 6 is now licensed.

WHO THE HELL AND WHY?

There's really no need to say much about this abysmal series that hasn't already been said. For God's sake, even Fractale was better than this.

So it's agreed, then. BONES has contributed nothing of value to anime since FMB. Since that was just over 15 months ago, I'll give them up to 24 months. But I kid you not, if they don't shape up by then, they are on my DEEN List (which, ironically, is the polar opposite of the Dean's List).
Old 2011-09-16, 22:57   Link #672
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Apparently they cut this crucial conversation out before the kiss.

Nezumi: Last night we said a great many things. You said I was to do the thinking for both of us. Well, I've done a lot of it since then, and it all adds up to one thing: we're going to part for the ending.
Shion: But, Nezumi, no, I don't want to part with you...
Nezumi: Now, you've got to listen to me! You have any idea what will happen if we end up holding hands walking toward the sunset? Ten out of ten chances, No. 6 will be labeled a shonenai with happy ending. I can't stand it. We're not shonenai. We're scifi and we're definitely not typical.
Shion: So what if it's a shonenai with happy ending? I like shonenai with happy ending. Are you in denial or something?
Nezumi: No baby no. But it's the author's intention to keep her audience broad. We also don't want to limit the number of viewers who can witness our great love story. We want strike them with an impact so they'll remember this obscure ending. Remember Berserk?
Shion: You only say that because you want to leave me for some girl.
Nezumi: I'm saying that because it's true. There ain't no girl in No. 6. There's only you and me because we're canon baby. Inside of us, we both know we belong to each other. The fangirl and fanboy factions both understand that as well. We're doing this for the greater cause (whatever it is.) If we don't, we may regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of our lives.
Shion: But what about us?
Nezumi: We'll always have No.6. We've kind of lost it for a few episodes. But we just got it back recently after I got shot and then you got shot.
Shion: When I said I would never leave you.
Nezumi: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Shion, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of two little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that.
Shion: You cold-hearted son of a forest village you....
Nezumi: Now, now...
[Nezumi gently places his hand under Shion's chin and raises it so their eyes meet]
Nezumi: Here's looking at you my dear Shion. (Then they kiss.)
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 23:22   Link #673
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
How many animes are on your BLACK list this year after Star Driver also made by BONES as well?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 23:25   Link #674
imbehindyou
turn around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
So I noticed that No. 6 is now licensed.
It was licensed quite a while back. I had thoughts of maybe purchasing the dvds but now I'm not so sure

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 23:59   Link #675
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
Apparently they cut this crucial conversation out before the kiss.

Nezumi: Last night we said a great many things. You said I was to do the thinking for both of us. Well, I've done a lot of it since then, and it all adds up to one thing: we're going to part for the ending.
Shion: But, Nezumi, no, I don't want to part with you...
Nezumi: Now, you've got to listen to me! You have any idea what will happen if we end up holding hands walking toward the sunset? Ten out of ten chances, No. 6 will be labeled a shonenai with happy ending. I can't stand it. We're not shonenai. We're scifi and we're definitely not typical.
Shion: So what if it's a shonenai with happy ending? I like shonenai with happy ending. Are you in denial or something?
Nezumi: No baby no. But it's the author's intention to keep her audience broad. We also don't want to limit the number of viewers who can witness our great love story. We want strike them with an impact so they'll remember this obscure ending. Remember Berserk?
Shion: You only say that because you want to leave me for some girl.
Nezumi: I'm saying that because it's true. There ain't no girl in No. 6. There's only you and me because we're canon baby. Inside of us, we both know we belong to each other. The fangirl and fanboy factions both understand that as well. We're doing this for the greater cause (whatever it is.) If we don't, we may regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of our lives.
Shion: But what about us?
Nezumi: We'll always have No.6. We've kind of lost it for a few episodes. But we just got it back recently after I got shot and then you got shot.
Shion: When I said I would never leave you.
Nezumi: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Shion, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of two little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that.
Shion: You cold-hearted son of a forest village you....
Nezumi: Now, now...
[Nezumi gently places his hand under Shion's chin and raises it so their eyes meet]
Nezumi: Here's looking at you my dear Shion. (Then they kiss.)

Old 2011-09-17, 00:22   Link #676
hamstar
just passing by

it's a wtf ending and I swear they added the kiss part just to make me cringe a bit more. I'm sure the novel made a lot more sense.
Old 2011-09-17, 00:31   Link #677
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
it's a wtf ending and I swear they added the kiss part just to make me cringe a bit more. I'm sure the novel made a lot more sense.
I don't think that it was BL enough. The kiss was prob added to appease the audience since it was watered down in the anime prob.
Old 2011-09-17, 00:54   Link #678
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, the kiss was in the novel as well so it wasn't added in just to please the audience....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 01:07   Link #679
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Well, the kiss was in the novel as well so it wasn't added in just to please the audience....
But they chopped dialogue out after Nezumi got injured so they had to leave it (the kiss) in to please the audience.
Old 2011-09-17, 09:00   Link #680
klare

started watching this due to wanting to know more about the mystery and the secrets of No 6 city, but it ended up so messy and confusing, i dont even know who is the boss of the bad guys, what do the bees do exactly?

i also dont like how Safu used a healing spell on them and disappeared, it is too convenient

i understand there is a novel as the source but i think maybe the anime changed too much and resulted in such a weird ending

Edit: the ED is a nice song with a sad tune

Tags
science fiction