AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 04:15   Link #741
EroKing

Episode 11

So I was right about the part Ayaka making drug ingredients without realizing herself.
Really glad to see Ayaka still alive even though in a coma. I hope she wakes up.

Judging by the conversation towards the end of the episode AND

from previous week's, it's safe to assume Ayaka was drugged with Angel fix

That Shirou person who is the cause of all this seriously needs a BAD END
Old 2011-09-17, 04:43   Link #742
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Spoiler for About episode 11:

Some nice moments throughout the episode overall. Really like how Narumi's character has come along throughout this show.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:19   Link #743
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Not exactly a Hitchcock mystery but it's a dark enough to satisfy anyone nonetheless, the one thing I'm really curious about is what's so special about the [Angel Fix] drug? I mean, there has to be something worth all that trouble to go through that your garden variety Ecstasy, Coke, and Heroin can't provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Nah, the truth is, we just sort of shotgun it

Eventually something is going to hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Some nice moments throughout the episode overall. Really like how Narumi's character has come along throughout this show.
There's one thing I don't like in my protagonist is extended downtime of "feeling sorry for yourself"... That's why I'm really proud of Narumi for pulling himself together relatively quick (Okay, so the actual timeline was 2 weeks, but it's the onscreen time that counts!)

Plus it looks like Tetsu's 'boxing' training comes in handy next week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
That Shirou person who is the cause of all this seriously needs a BAD END
Still, you have to admit, that was a good way to end the episode- Nothing cranks up the tension like having the criminal taunting the detective over the phone
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:46   Link #744
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

The guy with Toshi genetically engineered the Iranian Poppy to produce a new, more powerful opiate. It's like heroin only 1000 times worse.

One more episode left, no? I think we'll get a quick resolution. It seems the troops are mobilized to move that night.

Will this season end on a cliffhanger? How long is the final episode? Will the story end in 22 minutes?

As for Ayaka being drugged, it's probably the reason she survived... along with landing on dirt.

Summer anime are supposed to suck but there have been some really good ones this time around. This one is no exception.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:58   Link #745
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
The guy with Toshi genetically engineered the Iranian Poppy to produce a new, more powerful opiate. It's like heroin only 1000 times worse.
Right, more potent drug- got it.

You know, even if the NEETS or the police never go after him, he still has to deal with the local yakuza, did he actually think he would go about unopposed?

Quote:
One more episode left, no? I think we'll get a quick resolution. It seems the troops are mobilized to move that night.

Will this season end on a cliffhanger? How long is the final episode? Will the story end in 22 minutes?
I don't think so... At most the cliffhanger would be a cameo from vol 3 or vol 6...

I really hope the sales manages to pull through... If not at least increase the light novel sales...

Quote:
As for Ayaka being drugged, it's probably the reason she survived... along with landing on dirt.
The way that phone conversation went... There's enough room to suspect that Ayaka might not have been alone on that rooftop... Hell, this might not even be a suicide like we thought.
Old 2011-09-17, 10:10   Link #746
EroKing

The thing is though if she had drugs in her system why didn't the doctors say anything about it? -_-
Old 2011-09-17, 10:13   Link #747
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
The thing is though if she had drugs in her system why didn't the doctors say anything about it? -_-
Good point. The bruised eyes could just be a way of conveying that someone is really messed up... sick or hurt.
Old 2011-09-17, 10:14   Link #748
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Don't know about Japan but that would be protected info not revealed to anyone other than immed family in the US.
Old 2011-09-17, 10:16   Link #749
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Don't know about Japan but that would be protected info not revealed to anyone other than immed family in the US.
But Alice would have(get) "access" to that information.
Old 2011-09-17, 10:17   Link #750
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
woah so Ayaka didn't die but unconscious. Narumi said that" Ayaka remain unconscious for the next 2 weeks", so either Ayaka died after that or regain conscious. I'm hoping that she's still alive. Another great episode, now I wonder how they are going to wrap up with this story.

Alice said there are 2 occupations in the world that can do something meaningful at the ending, was it detective and writers?
Old 2011-09-17, 12:06   Link #751
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's possible that they had no reason to look, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but similar to certain investigations, the police won't always ask for a full tox-screen if there's not enough reason to suspect.

OR, it's also possible that the chemicals in Angel Fix are particularly difficult to detect unless you're looking for it specifically, or hell, even impossible to detect after only a few hours.
Old 2011-09-17, 12:16   Link #752
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anime coma FTW!!!
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 17:36   Link #753
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man Toshi made Ayaka grow plants for narcotics and she didn't even know. So the guy who makes the drug is behind everything. Seems like Ayaka had AF before she jumped off the roof. Hope somebody beats those guys up. Like how Narumi is officially Alice's assistant and was able to order the guys to find Toshi. Narumi said Ayaka was in a coma for 2 weeks. Hopefully she wakes up.
Old 2011-09-17, 18:14   Link #754
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Hope somebody beats those guys up.
That seems to be the case judging from the preview.

Street Justice for the win, JC Staff have been working on their punching animation for 3 years now, they won't let us down
Old 2011-09-17, 20:01   Link #755
Dralha

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2011-09-17, 21:34   Link #756
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Anime coma FTW!!!
I guess this episode is sponsored by .Hack// .....
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:46   Link #757
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

good one!! So Ayaka is put into coma and drugged before jumping from the roof...
this time Narumi-Alice combi is getting better.... and finally they face a true cruel villain....
I can't wait to see the conclusion
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 05:43   Link #758
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Any body else think "SATEN NOOO!!" when Ayaka got knocked out?
Old 2011-09-18, 05:50   Link #759
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Any body else think "SATEN NOOO!!" when Ayaka got knocked out?
Not the same voice actress
Old 2011-09-18, 10:09   Link #760
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Wow. Those last two episodes were something else - probably the best arc since the opening episode.

I've seen people saying that Ayaka was being treated as a side character before this arc (and thus the impact of the events would be less than if the anime had gone with this arc immediately) - but I'm not sure I agree with that. Had the arc taken place at the beginning of the series, I think the impact would've been less than it is now.

Why? Because of the time constraints for the series as a whole. Ayaka was afforded an entire novel (from what I can tell, based on what people are saying on this thread) to establish her character and relationship to Narumi. If all of the arcs in this series were featured in a 12 episode anime (that had Ayaka's arc first), you'd have 3 (maybe 4) episodes (roughly 60/80 minutes) minutes to define Ayaka's character, her relationship to Narumi, then kill her off, establish Alice and the NEET gang (Hiro, Tetsu, Shōsa, Yondaime etc.)
to the viewer and finish the arc.

Can you see how that could be an issue?

By doing this, everyone was introduced and, over the course of the previous 9 episodes prior to this arc, given time to have their character fleshed out - and the anime is better for it. We understand the characters, their motives and, in my opinion, makes me feel like I should give a damn about them.

So for me, having this arc at the end was a masterstroke.

Not to mention JC Staff also managed to seamlessly integrate the end of a filler episode into the final plot line for the series - well done to them for that (unlike a few other animes this season that have had episodes that provide no understandable connection whatsoever to the previous episodes (Dantalian no Shoka, Baka to Test, I'm looking at you)).

10/10 for Episodes 10 and 11. Absolutely fantastic episodes.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life