Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2021-07-08, 21:46   Link #361
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Why do you encourage him, seriously?
Because it is funny seeing the sad excuses being put out? Facts mean nothing to a trump supporter. I can understand a Bush supporter. I can understand an Obama supporter. For the life of me, I can’t understand a Trump supporter who will reject the facts for their own limited mindset.
Old 2021-07-08, 23:02   Link #362
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If you're enjoying it, by all means go ahead. I'll just assume the questions you're posing are all rhetorical.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-09, 10:05   Link #363
The Green One

Because they mutually want each other to pay attention to them?
Old 2021-07-09, 10:44   Link #364
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Because it is funny seeing the sad excuses being put out? Facts mean nothing to a trump supporter. I can understand a Bush supporter. I can understand an Obama supporter. For the life of me, I can’t understand a Trump supporter who will reject the facts for their own limited mindset.
Talking to someone who claims everyone here is suffering from "Trump derangement syndrome" (a condition that does not exist in either the ICD-11 or DSM-V, which is indicative of the fact that the condition is as phony as those who use it to describe others) is an exercise in futility, I don't think there's anything to try to understand at all
Old 2021-07-09, 18:25   Link #365
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Talking to someone who claims everyone here is suffering from "Trump derangement syndrome" (a condition that does not exist in either the ICD-11 or DSM-V, which is indicative of the fact that the condition is as phony as those who use it to describe others) is an exercise in futility, I don't think there's anything to try to understand at all
Really?
''Baby Feaver'' isn't something recognised by a official entity (a far as I know), that don't make it something that don't exist, likewise for the so-call "Trump derangement syndrome". Most than use the formule seriously don't think than it's a actual medical condition but a simple expression to use for designating something (what, I would be surprised if everyone would use the same definition).

Seriously, if you want to argue against ramlaen, please use better arguments; to use such weak attack make you look as bad as he might be. I don't enjoy defending him, especially as I disagree with him on many points, but to try to dismiss him with such lame statement make it hard not to do.
Old 2021-07-16, 16:02   Link #366
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
... You still haven't answered as to whether or not you believe Trump was unaware of wrongdoings being done in his organization.
I guess the answer to my question was yes.

It is absurd to claim a CEO of large company knows everything that goes on. It is not impossible for Trump to have been aware but to assert Trump had to have known because <insert caricature> is extremely childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
1) TDS is not a real medical condition and was never claimed to be. You seem to be aware of what TDS is so this is a peculiar argument to make.

2) You also appear to be referring to this post. If you think I accused you of suffering from TDS it implies you believed the backwards pants story. Did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
There is a deafening lack of self awareness required to make a statement like this without even giving examples like the aforementioned pants story.

Last edited by ramlaen; 2021-07-16 at 16:49.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-18, 07:38   Link #367
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
I guess the answer to my question was yes.

It is absurd to claim a CEO of large company knows everything that goes on. It is not impossible for Trump to have been aware but to assert Trump had to have known because <insert caricature> is extremely childish.
The main crux is that the investigation will likely have to prove intent, something that Trump will never acknowledge. The argument that he as the head was not aware of something his underlings did do however can be easily turned around considering the sheer number of investigations currently running against him and his organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
2) You also appear to be referring to this post. If you think I accused you of suffering from TDS it implies you believed the backwards pants story. Did you?
One does not conclude the other. Even more so since Trump supporters will attach the TDS label to any rational concern (of course they're the ones to decide what is rational and what isn't) it is a rather pointless accusation.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-26, 16:20   Link #368
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Biden Bombs Somalia (And Doesn't Even Know It!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqwPIJ7k9G8

Krystal and Saagar: Biden Justice Department DROPS Cuomo Nursing Home Investigation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhtdT7MhCDc
Old 2021-08-12, 19:42   Link #369
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I am posting that one mostly because I think the discution might be interesting but, honestly I kind of suspicious about the ''new-worthiness'' of scoop.

BREAKING: Rand Paul Financial Disclosure REVEALS Wife Bought COVID Treatment Stock In FEB 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaj9LDUxBY

First, did he got any info from his job, he is a member of congress but it do not assure him to get the info if he isn't on the right comittty.
Second, buying those stock in Febuary 2020 don't look to me that suspicious, I might be mistaken but wasn't Remdesivir used when Trump got Covid? If right, wouldn't buying in Febuary be in fact late ?

Edit: Look like than I was very mistaken on my second point; I did look back and Feb 2020 was before the first lookdown, way early into the pandemic so buying stocks of that compagnie at that time look worse than I thought first.

Last edited by ganbaru; 2021-08-14 at 04:27.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-12, 20:10   Link #370
GDB

I haven't looked at the timeline of that, but the mere fact that his wife bought stock in something that'd only be worthwhile if people got sick and then her influential government husband went around telling people not to take the thing that would keep them from getting sick...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-14, 17:34   Link #371
cyberdemon

Here’s a story that gives me some hope for the future

https://www.yahoo.com/news/qanon-alm...033016237.html
Old 2021-08-14, 19:27   Link #372
Key Board
Carbon

I’m not convinced she’s out of the rabbit hole.
Well, she’s out of this one, but if this was all that It took for her her to “flip”, than she can easily fall into another hole

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-15, 00:46   Link #373
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Whether she flips again or not, like they say, there's one born every minute.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-15, 01:06   Link #374
Key Board
Carbon

not sure if I should post it in this thread or not, but Afganistan cities being captured without almost resistance despite having supposedly 20 years of development suggest that anti American animosity among population is very high or at least, surpasses their animosity towards the Taliban.

the US will lose ground intel in that region, and that's concerning because that region still houses Al Qaeda even if it has been degraded

Will this be China's problem now?

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-15, 23:15   Link #375
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
One Afghani woman who joins the Anti-Taliban guerilla will have officially more cojones than 100 soldiers of the Afghani armed forces.
Old 2021-08-16, 02:16   Link #376
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Afganistan cities being captured without almost resistance despite having supposedly 20 years of development suggest that anti American animosity among population is very high or at least, surpasses their animosity towards the Taliban.

the US will lose ground intel in that region, and that's concerning because that region still houses Al Qaeda even if it has been degraded

Will this be China's problem now?
The Pentagon's mistakes behind the rout of the Afghan army
Quote:
Washington (Aug 16, 2021): The collapse of the Afghan army that allowed Taliban fighters to take control of Kabul cast a stark light on errors committed over 20 years by the Pentagon as it spent billions of dollars in Afghanistan.

Wrong equipment
Washington spent $83 billion in its effort to create a modern army mirroring its own. In practical terms, that meant huge dependence on air support and a high-tech communications network in a country where only 30 per cent of the population can count on a reliable electricity supply.

John Sopko, the US special inspector-general for Afghanistan reconstruction (SIGAR) said the Pentagon "knew how bad the Afghan military was".

His office's latest report to Congress, filed last week, said that "advanced weapons systems, vehicles and logistics used by Western militaries were beyond the capabilities of the largely illiterate and uneducated Afghan force".

Inflated numbers
For months, Pentagon officials have also insisted on what they said was the numerical advantage held by the Afghan forces — supposedly with 300,000 men in the army and the police — over the Taliban, estimated to number some 70,000.

But those army numbers were greatly inflated, according to the Combating Terrorism Center at the prestigious US Military Academy at West Point, New York.

As of July 2020, by its own estimate, the 300,000 included only 185,000 army troops or special operations forces under Defence Ministry control, with police and other security personnel making up the rest.

And barely 60 per cent of the Afghan army troops were trained fighters, the West Point analysts said.

A more accurate estimate of the army's fighting strength — once the 8,000 air force personnel are taken out of the equation — is 96,000, they concluded.

Rampant desertions
The SIGAR report also said desertions have always been a problem for the Afghan army.

It found that in 2020, the Afghan army had to replace 25 per cent of its force each year — largely because of desertions — and that American soldiers working with the Afghans came to see this rate as "normal".

Ronald Neumann, a former US ambassador to Kabul, believes the American military "could have taken more time" to withdraw.

AFP
China's dilemma grows as Taliban takes back control
Quote:
Beijing (Aug 14, 2021): The Taliban's momentum as US forces withdraw is awkward for China, which has blamed religious extremism as a destabilising force in its western Xinjiang region, and has long worried that Taliban-controlled territory would be used to harbour separatist forces.

But China also hews to a policy of non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries. It may be able to leverage the fact that, unlike Russia or the United States, it has never fought the Taliban.

"Even if the [Taliban] can't control the whole country, they would still be a significant force to reckon with", an influential social-media commentator known to be familiar with China's foreign policy thinking wrote on Thursday. The commentator, who goes by the pen name Niutanqin, or "Zither-Playing Cow", made the remarks on his WeChat channel.

A series of photos published last month by Chinese state media of Foreign Minister Wang Yi standing shoulder to shoulder with visiting Taliban officials decked out in traditional tunic and turban raised eyebrows on the country's social media.

Since then, China's propaganda machinery has quietly begun preparing its people to accept an increasingly likely scenario that Beijing might have to recognise the Taliban.

State media published at least two analytical stories this week highlighting that Afghanistan had been the "graveyard of empires" and warned China not to be mired in the "Great Game", reinforcing a message that Beijing harbours neither the intentions of sending troops into Afghanistan nor the illusion that it can fill the power vacuum left by the US.

In the meantime, China has asked the "various factions" in Afghanistan to ensure the safety of its citizens and interests.

The Chinese embassy in Kabul signalled on Sunday that it had been contact with the Taliban and would be staying put as the insurgent forces neared a complete takeover of the country.

"The Chinese embassy has requested various factions in Afghanistan to ensure the safety of Chinese nations, Chinese institutions and Chinese interests," it said.

REUTERS, SCMP
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-16, 09:02   Link #377
ramlaen

https://twitter.com/charliespiering/...43878197903361

During this time of crisis our senior leadership is in hiding, are you glad the 'adults' are in charge again?

Last edited by ramlaen; 2021-08-16 at 09:13.
Old 2021-08-16, 11:46   Link #378
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

can some1 give me a tldr about this afghan taliban drama?
Old 2021-08-16, 12:32   Link #379
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
The Pentagon's mistakes behind the rout of the Afghan army

Wrong equipment
Washington spent $83 billion in its effort to create a modern army mirroring its own. In practical terms, that meant huge dependence on air support and a high-tech communications network in a country where only 30 per cent of the population can count on a reliable electricity supply.
Like the evacuation right now this part is also Vietnam 2.0 where the Americans equipped the ARVN to fight a war they couldn't sustain when the Americans left and their aid was cut.
Old 2021-08-16, 17:14   Link #380
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
can some1 give me a tldr about this afghan taliban drama?
The Afghan government was a Potemkin village that collapsed over the last week.