3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-03, 18:33   Link #41
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Femme fatale was obviously not the word he was looking for... still, it sounded a bit ridiculous to call Nadeko a femme fatale until I learned there was the younger version, the fille fatale. In manga she is characterized by the "I love you, but we can't be together until I am of legal age". I think I know some examples

I think in English there isn't a term to describe what Nadeko did in Nise. There are mostly foul words implying promiscuity or treachery, which was not the case.

Aside from that, Nadeko is just an introvert with low energy and poor stress reaction. I wouldn't blame her for that, but then again I am a bit of an introvert myself
I think Shinobu's words don't apply only to Nadeko. It was a good speech, in that sense.
Perhaps the word you are looking for is "demure"? I think that would be an apt word to describe her behavior and root of her issues. An overly demure, precocious girl. She has a natural charm, but hasn't "weaponized" it like a fille or femme fatale would. Not that much.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 02:56   Link #42
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Perhaps the word you are looking for is "demure"? I think that would be an apt word to describe her behavior and root of her issues. An overly demure, precocious girl. She has a natural charm, but hasn't "weaponized" it like a fille or femme fatale would. Not that much.
de·mure (d-myr)
1. Modest and reserved in manner or behavior.
2. Affectedly shy, modest, or reserved. See Synonyms at shy1.

I don't think that's it. Typically, in the West the female figure has been seen as a dichotomy between the mother (faithfulness) and the whore (lasciviousness). A combination of both is a modern concept.

"Precocious" sounds a lot better, although only when viewing it as the contrast between Nadeko's somewhat childish behaviour and the relentlessness of her approach, as Nadeko is past puberty. Nowadays perhaps she can't be considered that precocious.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote