AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-18, 20:28   Link #621
Sinarblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Tatsuya only obeys himself and whatever he deems beneficial for his purposes.
He's logical and intelligent and knows when to play along to get what he wants.
Even his relationship with Miyuki is a give and take situation with Tatsuya offering protection and gaining the ability of emotional expression in return. At least in that regard the Yotsuba have utterly failed, because if Miyuki should ever die her seal and Tatsuya's leash will go along with her.
Tatsuya doesn't only obey himself, he himself said in a conversation with Maya that the only person he takes orders from is Miyuki.

Even if you say that if that was their goal they failed I think emotional dependency on Miyuki was the safest bet, and as her guardian, any threat that comes her way would usually have to go through him first, meaning that if she was in a situation in which she would die, it is more likely for him to die first protecting her then it is for him to still be living after her death. After all guardians have been stated to have all served for the entirety of their lives (which means they never outlived the ones they protect).

Ultimately though if Miyuki was to die Tatsuya might go on a rampage to avenge her, but I don't really see him going to take down or damage the Yotsuba afterwards, especially if she had been head for any amount of time since he wouldn't want to destroy her "legacy" per say (since he still would have brotherly love towards her even if she is dead). While in a Mahouka where Miyuki dies I don't see him taking orders from the Yotsuba at all I don't see him as particularly opposed to them. He doesn't care about the ones who insult him, and there are two members he is friendly with, and the Yotsuba resources are valuable to him in the few situations he was able to get it, so I think that he would end up in a "mutually-beneficial" relationship with the Yotsuba if Miyuki dies. Though this relationship would probably tilt in Tatsuya's favour, and be more beneficial to him than the other way around. So they wouldn't have a leash any longer, but at least due to the experiment he is less likely to get angry enough at them to destroy them.

He would defeat those who killed Miyuki, morn for a while (I am absolutely opposed to the idea some people have that he would commit suicide after she dies), and then work towards his other stated goals, perhaps get married if it will give him advantageous connections and it is with someone he can stand.

It is simply extremely unlikely that she would die before her guardian in the eyes of the Yotsuba.

In my eyes at least that plan of removing all strong emotions except brotherly love and making Tatsuya Miyuki's guardian was not a bad one, it could very well be the one that gives them most control while allowing him to keep his intelligence. They could probably have gained absolute control over him with their mental magic and brainwashed him, but it would probably have damaged his intellect which is a potential asset that they might want to keep. Besides a blindly obedient servant isn't always the best one, as Hayama shows with his ability to be frank with Maya. It is better than the magicians No-head dragon used, who were only able to think as far as it took to complete their orders. In subterfuge, black ops, and intelligence gathering, all Yotsuba activities, a person who can only think of the goal at hand can easily be trapped, fooled, and manipulated. When the option is between an unthinking but efficient tool, and an efficient, but thinking and ambitious tool, in the Yotsuba field the latter is more valued.

Now to enter a theory that I feel is much less supported, and one that people are free to ignore due to lack of evidence:

I think another reason that Miya had for the experiment on Tatsuya was specifically to force Maya to make Miyuki head of the Yotsuba.

The ability to cast normal magic wasn't the only thing gained from the experiment

Spoiler for volume 9 chapter 7:

It can be surmised from this that contrary to popular belief that a lot of his intelligence is because of this and isn't something he was born with, (that said, I think he was probably smart even before the experiment, even if it was not to the same extent).

I theorize Miya, unknown to Maya who was helping her, had an additional goal. As Maya and Miya were not on friendly terms it could be that Miya wanted to ensure that her daughter became head, and she knew that Tatsuya's abilities when honed could counter Maya's. So her overall design for the experiment was to make Tatsuya intelligent enough to be able to hone his abilites to the edge they are today, so that he is strong enough to take Maya on. By doing so and making Tatsuya's "one loyalty" so to speak to Miyuki, she created a situation where if Miyuki wasn't made heir, the possibility of Tatsuya killing Maya became high. Even if an increased intellect would have no effect on his abilities (though I think that it does), an increased intellect would be able to make it harder for Maya to lay down any traps for Tatsuya that he couldn't escape or counter.

I believe that she didn't specify that brotherly love would be all that left, but perhaps suggested that familial loyalty, or some other emotion would be kept as the binding chains to be placed on him and Maya didn't realize the deception until the experiment was complete.

I would find it extra interesting if, before the experiment, Tatsuya actually liked Maya more than Miya, since I think that from the interactions between the characters that Maya treats Tatsuya better than Miya does (even if that is not saying much at all, since both don't treat him well). I would find this aside especially interesting if Maya actually liked pre-experiment Tatsuya and had done this experiment in an effort to give him his a place in the Yotsuba only for Miya to use the experiment to make Tatsuya into an instrument that would force Maya to make Miyuki heir. That would make the situation extremely interesting, though I find it unlikely.

So that is my speculation for a future reveal that will probably not happen in Mahouka
Sinarblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 20:38   Link #622
Echizen777

Why are you saying that Miyuki's death should be considered to control Tatsuya? He is her guardian precisely to protect her life.

For Tatsuya and the clan, protecting Miyuki is their highest priority.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 20:44   Link #623
Sinarblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Why are you saying that Miyuki's death should be considered to control Tatsuya? He is her guardian precisely to protect her life.

For Tatsuya and the clan, protecting Miyuki is their highest priority.
I also believe so, but since Amtro considered the possibility of Miyuki dying while Tatsuya was still alive, I decided to make my argument with that possibility in mind.

After all while the Yotsuba "hired the best man for the job" so to speak, there probably are situations where Miyuki would die regardless of anything Tatsuya could do, though I find it hard to imagine such situations. The Yotsuba should at least keep that slim possibility in mind even if it is under 1%.
Old 2014-06-18, 21:39   Link #624
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinarblood View Post

Ultimately though if Miyuki was to die Tatsuya might go on a rampage to avenge her, but I don't really see him going to take down or damage the Yotsuba afterwards, especially if she had been head for any amount of time since he wouldn't want to destroy her "legacy" per say (since he still would have brotherly love towards her even if she is dead).

I theorize Miya, unknown to Maya who was helping her, had an additional goal. As Maya and Miya were not on friendly terms it could be that Miya wanted to ensure that her daughter became head, and she knew that Tatsuya's abilities when honed could counter Maya's.
I believe that she didn't specify that brotherly love would be all that left, but perhaps suggested that familial loyalty, or some other emotion would be kept as the binding chains to be placed on him and Maya didn't realize the deception until the experiment was complete.

I would find it extra interesting if, before the experiment, Tatsuya actually liked Maya more than Miya, since I think that from the interactions between the characters that Maya treats Tatsuya better than Miya does (even if that is not saying much at all, since both don't treat him well).
Sinarblood, I cut bunch of parts in your comments:

First, if there is scenario where Miyuki dies, I think this will happen before the end of high school term. Miyuki's death would be like the massive turning point in the Mahouka if this happens. By doing this, it can smoothly move to the next series of Mahouka. So, I would not worry about her dying as a head of Yotsuba. On the other hand, if she becomes the head of Yotsuba, she might get brainwashed or may gradually change to fit as the head of Yotsuba. We can never guess what will happen between her and Tatsuya in the future if this happens.

As things are going, she will become the head of Yotsuba, and the author may provide an opportunity for Tatsuya to have more emotional attachments with others through Pixie / Parasite or traditional magic or anything that he may add in the future volume. Even this happens, I would not say, his affection towards his sister will get weaken, but I assume, things will change within himself. Believe me, if Miyuki becomes the head of Yotsuba, and Tatsuya remains the same as now, that is the end of Mahouka. It would be another master and butler relationship similar to Hayama and Maya.

Second, Miya never made a plan to stand against her sister. The left-over space in Tatsuya's head was never intended. And, Miya put his affection over Miyuki besides his affection towards herself (Miya) because Miya assumed, she will not live long. It is final. And, you are overestimating Miya; the woman considered Tatsuya as a experiment failure and also thought Tatsuya's ability does not mean much to Yotsuba. Do you think, this kind of woman considered Tatsuya to be a strong asset for Miyuki when Miyuki competes against other candidates or against Maya? If she really thought Tatsuya is a potential asset for Miyuki's succession to be the head of Yotsuba, Miya probably taught Miyuki to treat Tatsuya respectfully if only members of Shiba family are together. The perspective may differ, but I personally think, Miya only saw Tatsuya as a servant with unique tricks. It is sad, but I think it is truth.

Third, I used to have similar idea about Maya and Tatsuya's relationship. But after reading Mahouka in detail, I realized that Maya only sees Tatsuya as a potential threat to her and the Yotsuba. It is true, Tatsuya's interaction with Maya is better than with Miya who only sees her own son as a simple servant. I think it is mainly because his power is strong enough to threaten Maya. In some way, Maya may consider him to be a worth opponent unlike the rest of family members such as Mitsugu or Miya.

For your theory about Maya liking Tatsuya, it is highly unlikely. If Maya really liked Tatsuya, she would not turn him into guardian regardless of experiment outcome. And, she literally calls Tatsuya a monster.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-06-18 at 22:45.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 23:08   Link #625
Sinarblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Sinarblood, I cut bunch of parts in your comments:

First, if there is scenario where Miyuki dies, I think this will happen before the end of high school term. Miyuki's death would be like the massive turning point in the Mahouka if this happens. By doing this, it can smoothly move to the next series of Mahouka. So, I would not worry about her dying as a head of Yotsuba. On the other hand, if she becomes the head of Yotsuba, she might get brainwashed or may gradually change to fit as a head of Yotsuba. We can never guess what will happen between her and Tatsuya. As things are going, she will become the head of Yotsuba, and the author may provide an opportunity for Tatsuya to have more emotional attachments with others through Pixie / Parasite. If this does not happen, you can kiss all the shipping goodbye. Even this happens, I would not say, his affection towards his sister will not weaken, but I assume, things will change within himself. Believe me, if Miyuki becomes the head of Yotsuba, and Tatsuya remains the same as now, that is the end of Mahouka. It would be another master and butler relationship, and his relationship with other female characters will be over, and he will leave the military in order to protect Miyuki 24 hours a day.

Second, Miya never made a plan to stand against her sister. The left-over space in Tatsuya's head was never intended. And, Miya put his affection over Miyuki besides his affection towards herself (Miya) because Miya assumed, she will not live long. It is final. And, you are overestimating Miya; the woman considered Tatsuya as a experiment failure and also thought Tatsuya's ability does not mean much to Yotsuba. Do you think, this kind of woman considered Tatsuya to be a strong asset for Miyuki when Miyuki competes against other candidates?

Third, I used to have similar idea about Maya and Tatsuya's relationship. But after reading Mahouka in detail, I realized that Maya only sees Tatsuya as a potential threat to her and the Yotsuba. It is mainly because of his power, and she knows Tatsuya does not care much about Yotsuba and will not only betray, but he can also destroy Yotsuba if Yotsuba gets in his way. In some way, they are paying their own price for the sin that they committed.
As my response to the first part, it is simply speculation that if Miyuki will die it would be before the end of the high school term. Secondly I am of the opinion that if she does ascend to the head of the Yotsuba her first act would be to remove him from Guardian status, as one of her biggest gripes is that Tatsuya is seen as a lesser being than her and as a tool, so even though Miyuki also wants Tatsuya always close to her, I think that ultimately she will decide to free him of his Guardian status. Once that happens, as new head of the Yotsuba she can make sure that Tatsuya isn't made a tool by them, and as an official member of the Yotsuba it would be even harder for the military to control him. I also said that possible marraige would be for connections sake not for things like love, so I don't quite get the point of saying "kiss all the shipping goodbye" because it has nothing to do with shipping and everything to do with connections and benefits in my situation where Miyuki is dead. At the very least the japanese government wouldn't let the genes of a strategic class magician fade into black and would do anything sort of forcing a marriage. That it is with a person he can stand is more saying that it would be with a friend not that it would be with someone he loves.

Second paragraph: I did say that it was unlikely, but I also said that I think leaving the brotherly love emotion was intentional and Miya was lying to Miyuki, so saying that it was never intended when I already stated that the theory was based on the idea of the person who said it was never intended was lying isn't going to quite effect it. After all Tatsuya himself thought that it was intentional

Spoiler for volume 3 chapter 2:

I am slightly more likely to believe that Tatsuya is right in that it is to much a coincidence if it wasn't and not intending to leave anything to bind him to the Yotusba is a level of stupid that I strongly disbelieve that Miya or Maya is capable of. So saying the left over space was unintentional is something I find preposterous even if Miya herself said it, with the only intent being to conceal that knowledge from Miyuki. I think that while I might overestimate Miya, that you underestimate both Miya and Maya. Miya is of a clan that is adept in subterge and was very willing to keep Miyuki in the dark about Tatsuya, that she would lie to Miyuki to keep herself in a slightly better light is a situation that is very easy to imagine and if Miyuki couldn't tell the level of deceit going on around her about Tatsuya before that point, there is no way that she would be good enough to tell Miya was lying.

Also saying that the experiment was a failure in the way of making him be able to be good at casting modern magics outside of his specialization is true, but that both Maya and Miya have never let out that Tatsuya is quite the fearsome mage to the other members of the Yotsuba screams to me that they are intentionally concealing him, especially since Maya knows he is good enough to kill her. Saying that the experiment was a failure just reinforces for me that they are concealing things. His ability to flash cast basically any 5 process or less magic would be enough ability with rewriting the eidos for Tatsuya to be considered a member if they revealed it.

That every member of the Yotsuba who knows about Tatsuya's full power that have been revealed so far either fear him or respect him shows that even if they claim that the experiment was a failure at the end of the day they acknowledge him, and are intentionally concealing his abilities from the rest of the Yotsuba for a reason. In volume 13 according to spoilers Mitsugu refers to Tatsuya as the crystallization of Yotsuba's sin, and as a monster, which shows that the only person who has earlier looked down on Tatsuya and knew the truth actually feared him, which means that him not wanting Tatsuya to talk to his children in volume 8 wasn't because he considered Tatsuya lesser, but because he feared Tatsuya as a dangerous individual.

With a base look at things it might seem that the Yotsuba look down on Tatsuya, but anyone who matters, and Miya mattered, did not, even if they allowed, and even pretended like they supported the idea that Tatsuya was worthless. You cannot fear or respect a being that you see as your lesser.

While I did say that it was a theory without much proof, it will take more than saying what you have stated to make me think it is not possible.

For your third paragraph, I never said that Maya treated post experiment Tatsuya well, simply that she treated him better than Miya, which I stated wasn't saying much. Tatsuya calling Miyuki by her name was enough to get Miya upset. Also from volume 11
Spoiler for volume 11:

well it is not yet time she has plans that would let him come into contact with Hlidskjalf, which is a lot of potential knowledge, especially with someone with, as I quoted earlier, largely enhanced memory capacity due to the experiment. Whatever her plan is, it would be impossible to let Tatsuya interact with Hlidskjalf without giving him a lot of information, and dangerous information at that. I take that as proof that there is more to what Maya thinks of Tatsuya than meets the eye.

She does think that if he has the chance he would betray the Yotsuba, but also thinks that he won't betray it as long as he is Miyuki's guardian, and yet in volume 8 she suggested transferring Tatsuya's role of guardian to another. These are contradictory thoughts, at least I think so, since I would imagine that Maya would try to keep him under control by being Miyuki's guardian. I think there has to be a reason for this necessary contradiction (besides the stated reason that Tatsuya easily refuted), and that it also belies different views than what we know.

Of course, I still think that Maya thinks him a hard to control monster, but odd as it sounds I think there is more than that, and that she doesn't necessarily completely and utterly hate him. Otherwise she wouldn't have future plans that give Tatsuya access to one of the best information gathering devices in the world, and she wouldn't take the unnecessary risk of trying to remove his position as a guardian, if she really thought that he would immediately betray the Yotsuba. Even if Tatsuya has thought of overthrowing Maya before that he hasn't because a worse manipulator would take over, simply shows that Tatsuya isn't really willing to betray (though he is willing to disobey) Maya unless she does something complete foolish, which I don't think she would do.

I both refuse to think Maya is so foolish as to contradict herself to that extend, and think that it is impossible to read to hard into an uncompleted work of fiction when theorycrafting.

As long as there is subtext that can make me believe there is more than what is presented at face value, I will find inherent value in that subtext, even if I end up deluding myself in the end .
So well you raise some good points I ultimately say that it is not nearly enough to sway me.

edit: Also for your last line, if you are talking about what I said about before the experiment, it was unlikely in a theory that I already stated to be unlikely but just as Maya considered herself a different person after Miya used her magic on her, she could have after conversing with Tatsuya realized that Tatsuya was a different person after the magic that was used on him, and I also highly doubt Maya is the type who wouldn't make a person a guardian simply because she liked them. Also calling Tatsuya a monster is only after the experiment, as long as we don't know her thoughts on him before the experiment they could be anything. That said, as I has stated above, actually liking him is unlikely, though I do find some merit in the possibility that he might have liked Maya more than Miya, even if it he didn't like either of them all that much. I'd give it a 50% probability since we don't actually know what Tatsuya was like.

edit 2: added the sentence "saying the left over space was unintentional is something I find preposterous even if Miya herself said it, with the only intent being to conceal that knowledge from Miyuki." and changed good light to "slightly better light". Also changed a Tatsuya to "Post experiment Tatsuya"
edit 3: added (though he is willing to disobey)

Last edited by Sinarblood; 2014-06-18 at 23:35.
Old 2014-06-19, 01:35   Link #626
Echizen777

No way anyone in the clan will try to harm Miyuki, they adore her. Maya herself said that she doesn't need brainwashing because Miyuki has been raised as a Yotsuba and knows her duty. If they try to brainwash her, Tatsuya would notice sooner or later.

If Miyuki is killed, Tatsuya would just kill the responsible and it would be it. If she dies naturally, he will suffer like anyone for some time and get better after this. Maybe he would change a little but his personality would not fall apart.

@Sinarblood: Yes there are contradictions. I think Tsutomu overdid it with the Tatsuya hype in vol 8, after all it was a web novel before. Maya is sure she won't betray them and that coonfidence is justified.

He has no strong emotions so he won't want to get revenge.
Miyuki is a Yotsuba planning to be the head, everybody wants to protect and love her and Tatsuya gets help from the Yotsuba too.
Even if he can beat Maya and destroy the lab, the rest of the clan would inevitably kill him.
Tatsuya obeys Maya despite what he said as long as he can be Miyuki's guardian.
They are not hostile to the magic community.

Or maybe both were a little troubled after their conversation .
Old 2014-06-19, 04:04   Link #627
TrueAlchemist

Quote:

@Sinarblood: Yes there are contradictions. I think Tsutomu overdid it with the Tatsuya hype in vol 8, after all it was a web novel before. Maya is sure she won't betray them and that coonfidence is justified.
I agree with Echizen777 in this part.
I really did not understand why Hayama and Maya used the term, "betray".
Maybe, the author made a mistake on this part.

Tatsuya cannot express the feeling such as hatred and vengeance unless Miyuki is related. For an example, when he was warning Saegusa Mayumi about the parasite, he worried about the magician society, but he worried about it because Miyuki is a part of this society. Making a better world for magicians is also for Miyuki's future.

For the case of Miyuki, she won't betray the family because she was raised by Miya who keep reminding her about the importance of family and its responsibilities.
The funny thing is, there is a kid that can a turn any thing into dust and even has an ability to blow a few cities to kingdom come next to Miyuki, and Miya and the family did not consider that seriously.

Again, I do not know what the author is thinking in vol. 8.
Maybe, he is preparing a foundation for Maya's scheme that may endanger Miyuki indirectly. But, again, I think, it is plausible to assume that the author "overdid" this part.
Old 2014-06-19, 04:23   Link #628
renuac

Quote:
I agree with Echizen777 in this part.
I really did not understand why Hayama and Maya used the term, "betray".
Maybe, the author made a mistake on this part.
Why wouldn't they use that term? Tatsuya is still affiliated to the Yotsuba clan, regardless of his actual status within it, so his working against them would constitute a betrayal, at least from the Yotsuba's point of view.

Quote:
For the case of Miyuki, she won't betray the family because she was raised by Miya who keep reminding her about the importance of family and its responsibilities.
The funny thing is, there is a kid that can a turn any thing into dust and even has an ability to blow a few cities to kingdom come next to Miyuki, and Miya and the family did not consider that seriously.

Again, I do not know what the author is thinking in vol. 8.
Maybe, he is preparing a foundation for Maya's scheme that may endanger Miyuki indirectly. But, again, I think, it is plausible to assume that the author "overdid" this part.
Or maybe we're supposed to think that Miya's story was odd and that there's more to it
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 05:39   Link #629
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
Why wouldn't they use that term? Tatsuya is still affiliated to the Yotsuba clan, regardless of his actual status within it, so his working against them would constitute a betrayal, at least from the Yotsuba's point of view.
It is the price that they have to pay after screwing Tatsuya's head. Also, Remember, he is an employee not a member of Yotsuba. Even he is affiliated to Yotsuba, the difference is significant. If Yotsuba worries about his potential betrayal, they should not drop his rank to guardian. By making him as a guardian, Yotsuba is the one who cut the blood ties with Tatsuya and turn the relationship into nothing more than a simple business transaction. To be honest, if he cut the connection with Yotsuba, only people who has right to feel betrayed, would be Miyuki. Other members such as Aoki call him, "fake magician". I do not think others will miss him or feel betrayed.

Maya and Hayama are fully aware of his capabilities and risks of him joining another sides such as the warmongers and Anti-10MC military party, Kudou, or even other magician families who are against Yotsuba such as Saegusa. He is simply too powerful to be left alone, and everyone will try to recruit him. Seriously, Yotsuba is one of a kind; which family in Mahouka can treat a living nuclear arsenal as a simple body guard regardless of him being a natural magician or not. lol

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-06-19 at 07:14.
Old 2014-06-19, 07:20   Link #630
renuac

Quote:
It is the price that they have to pay after screwing Tatsuya's head. Also, Remember, he is an employee not a member of Yotsuba.
If Yotsuba worries about his potential betrayal, they should not drop his rank to guardian. By making him as a guardian, Yotsuba is the one who cut the blood ties with Tatsuya. To be honest, if he cut the connection with Yotsuba, only people who has right to feel betrayed, would be Miyuki. Maya and Hayama are fully aware of his capabilities and risks of him joining another sides such as the military, Kudou, or even Saegusa and becoming the enemy of Yotsuba. He is simply too powerful to be left alone, and everyone will try to recruit him. Seriously, Yotsuba is one of kinds; which family in Mahouka can treat a living nuclear arsenal as a simple body guard regardless of him being a natural magician or not. lol )
Not to get into an argument over semantics here, but from the Yotsuba's point of view, Tatsuya turning on them would be a betrayal since he is basically the late-21st century equivalent of a family retainer. Their treatment of him doesn't factor into that logic ^^

While the Yotsuba are certainly on a level of their own, most if not all of the 10 Master clans are capable of being quite pragmatic in their treatment of powerful family members. Look at the Itsuwa who were willing to send Mio out with the navy despite her poor physical condition, or the way Makoto (and presumably his sister) went against taboos to construct a powerful magician. Magicians from powerful families very much have a "clan first" mentality. Tatsuya being kept as a useful - albeit dangerous and potentially volatile - weapon is just an extreme example of that.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 09:26   Link #631
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
Not to get into an argument over semantics here, but from the Yotsuba's point of view, Tatsuya turning on them would be a betrayal since he is basically the late-21st century equivalent of a family retainer. Their treatment of him doesn't factor into that logic ^^

While the Yotsuba are certainly on a level of their own, most if not all of the 10 Master clans are capable of being quite pragmatic in their treatment of powerful family members. Look at the Itsuwa who were willing to send Mio out with the navy despite her poor physical condition, or the way Makoto (and presumably his sister) went against taboos to construct a powerful magician. Magicians from powerful families very much have a "clan first" mentality. Tatsuya being kept as a useful - albeit dangerous and potentially volatile - weapon is just an extreme example of that.
We have to wait and see the development of further relationship between Tatsuya and Yotsuba. And, he is only taking orders that do not go against his prime objective. As I said in the previous comments, the relationship has become a business relationship. When he needs a support in the crisis such as USNA Stars, and he receives help. On return, he takes care few things for Yotsuba like helping Mitsugu in the volume 13.

Again, volume 8 was really vague with term, "betray". And, I still think this term was not good thing to use. But, if you are right, we can use the example of Yakuza. I heard a member of Yakuza cannot simply leave the gang whenever they feel like. If they leave, I heard they have to pay the price. It may be similar in some ways.

Just like what Mitsugu said in Vol. 13, it would be logical for Yotsuba to lock him up. And, It may be a better and logical choice for Yotsuba. Again, I am hoping some secrets to be revealed in the future.

I think we should end this subject at this point. There is no point arguing without additional information. lol
By the way, anyone received any additional information regarding Tsutomu's next novel, doll master, yet? Volume 13 is filled with magic related to dolls.
I am really hoping, the novel is some kind of a spinoff from Mahouka and have some relations to magic in the world of Mahouka.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-06-19 at 09:48.
Old 2014-06-19, 11:35   Link #632
kidswable

he is too powerful, that is the problem. his birth magic is OP, and the operation only make him more OP than before. he is a existense that will give a way to live for magician, good or bad.
he could advance the magic technology so that magician have other destination other than military. but at the same time his power could destroy the fate of magician, not only in military but from everything.
even if he publish all cardinal code, even if he solve all great puzzle, one his identities as the one that shoot the trigger in "scorched halloween" everything will crumble.

I think the decision to make him a guardian is a good one because yotsuba can't be too close to him, but at the same time they can't get too far from him.
even more, I think miya and mitsugu are similar on how they see tatsuya. he is dangerous, not only for the yotsuba but for every magician or even humanity at general

for the volume beyond this, I would like to see that maya longing to have a children even though she lost the ability to reproduce. how it will be interesting to have maya care to tatsuya like he is her son, while miya only care about miyuki. in the end, we need more flashback to the twin yotsuba's story
kidswable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 12:11   Link #633
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidswable View Post
he is too powerful, that is the problem. his birth magic is OP, and the operation only make him more OP than before. he is a existense that will give a way to live for magician, good or bad.
he could advance the magic technology so that magician have other destination other than military. but at the same time his power could destroy the fate of magician, not only in military but from everything.
even if he publish all cardinal code, even if he solve all great puzzle, one his identities as the one that shoot the trigger in "scorched halloween" everything will crumble.

I think the decision to make him a guardian is a good one because yotsuba can't be too close to him, but at the same time they can't get too far from him.
even more, I think miya and mitsugu are similar on how they see tatsuya. he is dangerous, not only for the yotsuba but for every magician or even humanity at general

for the volume beyond this, I would like to see that maya longing to have a children even though she lost the ability to reproduce. how it will be interesting to have maya care to tatsuya like he is her son, while miya only care about miyuki. in the end, we need more flashback to the twin yotsuba's story
He is not too powerful. The author, Sato Tsutomu, has been hit by this criticism from his fans, so he explained few characters who are stronger than him. Each of them have a different field that they are better than Tatsuya. I assume, none of them can defeat Tatsuya individually, but as a group, they can defeat Tatsuya. So, there is a force that can balance against him in Japan.

And, there are fifty S-class magicians in the world. I do not believe, one living nuclear arsenal would ruin the fate of magic world. His material bust is powerful, but do not underestimate other S-class magicians' destructive powers. Near the end of Mahouka, his identity as Torres Silver and Mahesvara will be revealed. It will not ruin his achievement. He will just become the number one assassination target by Great Asian Alliance and possibly Jiedo Heigu. I think, Jiedo Heigu may be pretty close to the identity of Mahesvara through Hliðskjálf. The future conflict between Tatsuya and Zhou Gongjin will provide an identity of Mahesvara. I just hope, this does not lead to another kidnapping thing similar to Maya experienced in order to lure Tatsuya.

He will never be hated due to the scorched halloween. The decision to execute the material bust was made by JSDF. If he gets hated by the world and ruin the world of magician, he would do something really really bad in the future volume. And, I hope this never happen, but if it happens, it may be at the end of Mahouka.

If you read the past arc, you will understand Miya see Tatsuya as a experiment failure. She never feared him. She was also feeling responsible for giving a birth to him without power to practice magic. Mitsugu also sees Tatsuya as a mere servant, but volume 13 suggested possible hatred towards him.

"Maya x Tatsuya" seems to be one of the most popular theories. I also expect the possible scenario as Maya to be his biological mother (DNA) or something similar. But, it is too simple. Now, Sato Tsutomu is officially publishing his work through Dengeki Bunko. So, I do not think, the editor will support this kind of story line, or maybe they may want Tsutomu to go into even darker and more twisted plot. Anyway, we will have to wait for the future volume.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2014-06-19 at 12:30.
Old 2014-06-19, 13:01   Link #634
amtro
Distro

As long as Mayumi doesn't get shafted and stuck with some low tier schmuck like Hirofumi, or worse yet, Katsuto the stone face I really won't mind whatever may come in the future.
Vol 11 cemented my opinion of Miyuki as eternally low and personally I am a huge fan of Zhou taking the offensive against Tatsuya. Though if Tatsuya's secret leaks all hell will be loose, but on the flip side Azusa's inferiority complex would be justified and she would finally be able to ask for his autograph in peace.
Agh, if we only had a date for the next novel.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 13:34   Link #635
TrueAlchemist

amtro// Mayumi continues to show up through out the story even after the graduation more than any other member. Unless the author is writing a tragedy, she will have some progress with Tatsuya before the series ends.

The history repeats itself, and Zhou may kidnap somebody close to Tatsuya, but if it is Miyuki, GA will be vanished from the map. I think, another potential victims would be Honoka. It is the easiest target among girls around Tatsuya. She is related to Pixie, so it might develop into interesting plot line when she dies or something evil happens to her.

By the way, if Tatsuya's identity is known to world, Azusa may ask Tatsuya to give her a job / an internship at FLT under Torres Silver.

If we are lucky, it may come out in October or November. It took six months between vol. 12 and vol. 13, so we can expect October or November. Hopefully, he wrote the Mahouka while writing his "doll master" piece. And, the animation is on air, so it would be a good business strategy to publish as many volumes as possible in order to increase sales while the animation is running.
Old 2014-06-19, 13:52   Link #636
IceHism

Quote:
amtro// Mayumi continues to show up through out the story even after the graduation more than any other member. Unless the author is writing a tragedy, she will have some progress with Tatsuya before the series ends.

The history repeats itself, and Zhou may kidnap somebody close to Tatsuya, but if it is Miyuki, GA will be vanished from the map. I think, another potential victims would be Honoka. It is the easiest target among girls around Tatsuya. She is related to Pixie, so it might develop into interesting plot line when she dies or something evil happens to her.

By the way, if Tatsuya's identity is known to world, Azusa may ask Tatsuya to give her a job / an internship at FLT under Torres Silver.

If we are lucky, it may come out in October or November. It took six months between vol. 12 and vol. 13, so we can expect October or November. Hopefully, he wrote the Mahouka while writing his "doll master" piece. And, the animation is on air, so it would be a good business strategy to publish as many volumes as possible in order to increase sales while the animation is running.
It only took 6-7 months because he actually went on hiatus after volume 12. Most of the time, he released a volume every 3-4 months
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 14:05   Link #637
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
It only took 6-7 months because he actually went on hiatus after volume 12. Most of the time, he released a volume every 3-4 months
IceHism, thanks you for the great information.
So, the next volume may already be in the process of editing.
Man, I also want to know the release day.
Old 2014-06-19, 14:16   Link #638
Echizen777

Quote:

Kidnap Miyuki huh . That's almost impossible, now she has even Minami who is a powerhouse too to follow her everywhere. GAA would nee a lot of preparation to achieve something like that. Unlike most characters of this genre Miyuki is too capable. The kind of scenario with her kidnapped could happen only in Reminiscence .
Old 2014-06-19, 14:29   Link #639
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Kidnap Miyuki huh . That's almost impossible, now she has even Minami who is a powerhouse too to follow her everywhere. GAA would nee a lot of preparation to achieve something like that. Unlike most characters of this genre Miyuki is too capable. The kind of scenario with her kidnapped could happen only in Reminiscence .
I think, kidnapping Miyuki is not impossible with right planning. And, Zhou Gongjin is not a push over. Sending battle magicians may not be able to get Miyuki. With right tactics, trained mercenaries with antinite would be able to weaken her. Of course, it is only possible if Tatsuya is not nearby.

I do not think, it is possible because of the aftermath of this event. Unless the author wants to end this series, it is unlikely. Siscon with instant nuking capability is a very dangerous combination. lol

But, again, I think it is possible scenario with different female character.
Old 2014-06-19, 15:19   Link #640
Sinarblood

Quote:
I think, kidnapping Miyuki is not impossible with right planning. And, Zhou Gongjin is not a push over. Sending battle magicians may not be able to get Miyuki. With right tactics, trained mercenaries with antinite would be able to weaken her. Of course, it is only possible if Tatsuya is not nearby.

I do not think, it is possible because of the aftermath of this event. Unless the author wants to end this series, it is unlikely. Siscon with instant nuking capability is a very dangerous combination. lol

But, again, I think it is possible scenario with different female character.
To be honest I am not even sure that type of plan would work because even if he is not there Tatsuya always have Miyuki in his "sights", which is probably more than enough for Tatsuya to use his innate magics around her if she is attacked as implied by
Spoiler for volume 7:

which means that both Miyuki and Maya find it likely that he would be able to use his power to protect Miyuki even if he wasn't close by. While I highly doubt he would be as effective as if he was actually there, that he could do something at the very least in that kind of situation is evident to me.

The only way that I see for Miyuki to even somewhat successful kidnapped is if someone could fully counter elemental sight so that Tatsuya can no longer constantly hold Miyuki in his sight, and I am unsure that such an absolute counter is possible.

I do agree that it would be interesting if another character was kidnapped though.