AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-08-20, 23:18   Link #361
Dannclark92

ah ok cool i read it on one of these threads maybe someone made a typo i guess.

Addionally if Plutos as strong as azazeal and Vali beat Pluto instantly does that mean he could do the same to azazeal?
Dannclark92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 23:27   Link #362
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannclark92 View Post

Addionally if Plutos as strong as azazeal and Vali beat Pluto instantly does that mean he could do the same to azazeal?
Probably... although, considering the fact that Azazel knows a lot more about Vali's personality and combat style, compared to Pluto ... the fight might be a little less one-sided.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 23:58   Link #363
Dannclark92

Ahh cool cool, so then tht means the evil dragons or at least the top 3 azi (whatever its name its) etc are way stronger, possibly god strength or is that going to far? right
Old 2013-08-21, 01:12   Link #364
Chris38

Quote:
Ahh cool cool, so then tht means the evil dragons or at least the top 3 azi (whatever its name its) etc are way stronger, possibly god strength or is that going to far? right
I would say that the top ranking Evil Dragons might be at a similar level as the Two Heavenly Dragons were, before they where sealed in their Sacred Gear's.

I'm basing it on the fact that even Ise, in his "unstable" CCQ form, hasn't been capable of doing any high / life threating damage to Grendel.
Old 2013-08-21, 20:13   Link #365
Dannclark92

ahhhh thats kinda disappointing. The heavenly dragons were like the 2 strongest beings other than ophis and great red right? it sucks if ise and vali get strong enough by the time ise gets high tier devil status he'll be so strong he can practically win the rating game by himself... i wish they had of saved these evil dragons for last
Old 2013-08-22, 00:08   Link #366
Chris38

Quote:
ahhhh thats kinda disappointing. The heavenly dragons were like the 2 strongest beings other than ophis and great red right? it sucks if ise and vali get strong enough by the time ise gets high tier devil status he'll be so strong he can practically win the rating game by himself... i wish they had of saved these evil dragons for last
Well, you can't really predict, how many arc's there are going to be, before we will see the end of this LN.

As for the ranking of the two heavenly dragons, before they have been sealed, the only thing that we know is that they have been somewhere on the rank of the 10 strongest beings.

Anyway, after the sealing of the Heavenly Dragons, the strongest ranking has changed, so I'm quite certain that, even if Ise and Vali reach a similar level of power, that the Heavenly Dragons had, in the past ... there are going to be more then enough opponents to take them on.

And Ise even has a chance of surpassing that level, due to the fact that his body contains the existence of 4 dragons (Ddraig, Albion, Great Red and Ophis) rather then just a single one.

Finally, regarding the rating game, I think that you have forgotten that there can be special rules placed in it.

If, Ise really becomes strong enough, that he could win a Rating Game by himself ... then,I'm more then certain that some special rules are going to be placed on the game, that will nerf Ise's power level, giving his opponents a chance to win the game, as well...
Old 2013-08-24, 09:00   Link #367
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Uhm question do you think tsubaki sona's queen will she gain her bb and what do you think her bb, do you think that being close to issei, saji or kiba might gain her bb?

I hope it's ok to ask about this

Last edited by kusabireika; 2013-08-24 at 09:22.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 09:32   Link #368
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Uhm question do you think tsubaki sona's queen will gain her bb and what do you think her bb, do you think that being close to issei, saji or kiba might gain her bb?

I hope it's ok to ask about this
Being closer to Issei, definitely makes people a lot more powerful, due to Ise's natural tendency to attract strong opponents.

But is it enough for Tsubaki to gain a BB, well the possibility of that happening, definitely exists, but ... since the Student Council usually don't have a lot of focus in the novels, compared to some of the other characters, the chances of that happening might be small.

As for what her Balance Breaker might be ... I would say that it would be something that lessens the restrictions surrounding her Sacred Gear, which would allow her to use it, a lot more frequently compared to it's normal state.

It might also be possible that she will be capable of reflecting something different then just damage, to the opponents that breaks the mirror's, that she creates with her SG.
Old 2013-08-24, 09:52   Link #369
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Being closer to Issei, definitely makes people a lot more powerful, due to Ise's natural tendency to attract strong opponents.

But is it enough for Tsubaki to gain a BB, well the possibility of that happening, definitely exists, but ... since the Student Council usually don't have a lot of focus in the novels, compared to some of the other characters, the chances of that happening might be small.

As for what her Balance Breaker might be ... I would say that it would be something that lessens the restrictions surrounding her Sacred Gear, which would allow her to use it, a lot more frequently compared to it's normal state.

It might also be possible that she will be capable of reflecting something different then just damage, to the opponents that breaks the mirror's, that she creates with her SG.
i see thx for answering my question coz this thing still bugging me about tsubaki her bb that's all

I wonder if azazel also install bb in the artificial sg of sona's peerage member who doesn't have bb just like he did in his previous equipment dragon king artificial sg of his
Old 2013-08-24, 10:05   Link #370
Chris38

Quote:

I wonder if azazel also install bb in the artificial sg of sona's peerage member who doesn't have bb just like he did in his previous equipment dragon king artificial sg of his
I think it's hard to say if that is possible.

It might be one of the other power ups that the author is planing to do, sometime in the future, but ... since Artificial Sacred Gear's are inferior compared to the natural Sacred Gear's ... and it has been mentioned, in volume 4, that Azazel's BB, isn't a "true" Balance Breaker...

Spoiler for Volume 4, Azazel's BB Explanation:

... I would say that the chances of that happening, are again, pretty low.
Old 2013-08-24, 10:12   Link #371
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think it's hard to say if that is possible.

It might be one of the other power ups that the author is planing to do, sometime in the future, but ... since Artificial Sacred Gear's are inferior compared to the natural Sacred Gear's ... and it has been mentioned, in volume 4, that Azazel's BB, isn't a "true" Balance Breaker...

Spoiler for Volume 4, Azazel's BB Explanation:

... I would say that the chances of that happening, are again, pretty low.
ouch forgot about that still do you azazel might put a burst state to their artificial sg I wonder if sona peerage having close to issei might cause an effect or evolution to their artificial sg same us sg user of their group just like you said earlier just wondering
Old 2013-08-24, 10:49   Link #372
Chris38

Quote:
ouch forgot about that still do you azazel might put a burst state to their artificial sg I wonder if sona peerage having close to issei might cause an effect or evolution to their artificial sg same us sg user of their group just like you said earlier just wondering
It depends on how many "replacement" artificial Sacred Gear's, Azazel can create.

After all, like the fragment from the LN I put in my previous post, said ... putting an artificial SG into a Burst State causes it to break down, after the battle ends.

The Burst State, might also have some negative effects ... on the user of an artificial SG.

While, I definitely think that, eventually Azazel would want to be capable of creating artificial SG, that would be pretty close to the natural ones, I doubt that he would leave them in the possession of young Devil's, before some quite severe testing sequence would be done on them, that would reduce their negative effects, as much as possible - after all, he doesn't strike me as a character that would be a mad scientist, to the point of having his test subjects, be affected by his research for the rest of their lives.

So, each of those questions, remain unanswerable, at the current moment.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-08-24 at 11:17.
Old 2013-08-26, 18:46   Link #373
GundamFan

Also one thing to keep in mind it's possible an artificial scared gear could attain balance breaker just because Azazel used the forced burst state with his artificial scared gear doesn't mean it's impossible it could have required more time and effort then he was willing to put in. Azazel also gave Ise those special bracelets when he fought Vali that allowed him activate his Scale Mail so we know the same thing can be done to a real scared gear but it also has nasty side effects.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 03:10   Link #374
Chris38

Well, rereading some of the LN volumes, have got me thinking about something.

I'm talking about the Evil Pieces system, which ... judging from the event with Ise's death and rebirth that happened in volume 11 and 12 is the only thing that makes a Reincarnated Devil belong to the Devil race.

In other words, it's the core part of their being, that contains the essence of their Devil nature.

So here is my actual question ... what is the source of the energy and powers that are contained in the Evil Pieces ?

I know that a part of it, is the reincarnated person's own abilities, while they have been human or belonged to their original race,but where the Devil part comes from ?

Basically, from who, or what, the part that turns a reincarnated person into a Devil comes from ... their masters (in other words, that the pure blood Devils have actually, willingly lowered their powers, just to increase their ranks), some kind of device that Ajuka Beelzebub has created, a part of the current 4 Maou's power, human greed ... or maybe some other source ....

I know that might be a pretty difficult question to answer, considering the lack of information that we have about the Evil Piece system, but it's something that has been driving me nuts, since I started thinking about this particular topic.
Old 2013-08-27, 09:03   Link #375
GDB

Has anyone's birthday come up in the story yet? They've been active as a group for quite a while, and it would be a bit weird for all of their birthdays to be between December and April, and even weirder for none of them to care about each others' birthdays.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 09:30   Link #376
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Has anyone's birthday come up in the story yet? They've been active as a group for quite a while, and it would be a bit weird for all of their birthdays to be between December and April, and even weirder for none of them to care about each others' birthdays.
Nope there hasn't been anything like that happening in the novels, yet .... at least I don't remember it.

The only thing that might suggest that Ise had a birthday or something similar to that, is a side story, in volume 15, that occurred after the fight against Loki, where the Church trio, go on a trip to buy Ise a present, but there hasn't been anything in that story that mentioned why they took the effort to buy this present.
Old 2013-08-27, 19:35   Link #377
GundamFan

Quote:
Well, rereading some of the LN volumes, have got me thinking about something.

I'm talking about the Evil Pieces system, which ... judging from the event with Ise's death and rebirth that happened in volume 11 and 12 is the only thing that makes a Reincarnated Devil belong to the Devil race.

In other words, it's the core part of their being, that contains the essence of their Devil nature.

So here is my actual question ... what is the source of the energy and powers that are contained in the Evil Pieces ?

I know that a part of it, is the reincarnated person's own abilities, while they have been human or belonged to their original race,but where the Devil part comes from ?

Basically, from who, or what, the part that turns a reincarnated person into a Devil comes from ... their masters (in other words, that the pure blood Devils have actually, willingly lowered their powers, just to increase their ranks), some kind of device that Ajuka Beelzebub has created, a part of the current 4 Maou's power, human greed ... or maybe some other source ....

I know that might be a pretty difficult question to answer, considering the lack of information that we have about the Evil Piece system, but it's something that has been driving me nuts, since I started thinking about this particular topic.
We know Ise got improved senses, strength, speed, stamina things like that compared to a normal human it wasn't very noticeable since usually if he is fighting it's another supernatural being and these basic improvements don't really show.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:33   Link #378
chrono25

I wonder if the current state of Ise's body makes him something like a demigod only in dragon terms
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 20:23   Link #379
Simonsy

Quote:
I would say that the top ranking Evil Dragons might be at a similar level as the Two Heavenly Dragons were, before they where sealed in their Sacred Gear's.

I'm basing it on the fact that even Ise, in his "unstable" CCQ form, hasn't been capable of doing any high / life threating damage to Grendel.
I just been reading the volumes again and I just read about the Evil Dragons strength, just a little bit ago.

They said that the evil dragons were not as strong as the two heavenly dragons in their PRIME.

Here is the quote from volume 14
Spoiler:

If I"m not mistaken the "red and white" is referring to the two heavenly dragons. So Ise and Vali should be stronger than the evil dragons if they reach what Draig and Albion were in their prime
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 22:55   Link #380
Chris38

^ Assuming that the Khaos Brigade haven't done any modifications to their powers, which has also been implied in volume 14:

Spoiler for volume 14:

Tags
dxd