AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 03:40   Link #9981
Ickarium

I don't know if Voban would. He's a challenge-seeker, but unlike Doni he's not -stupid-. It could go either way.
Old 2014-04-02, 10:18   Link #9982
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I think part of the reason the KotE keeps beating Campiones isn't just because he's a really powerful god, it's because he has a great support system. He's got a bunch of gods and Divine Ancestors working for him, and makes lots of preparations, so I'm sure that gives him an edge against Campiones, who usually fight alone.

When Sun Wukong was using the power of the ancient covenant, he did the same thing, he summoned gods to help him, and he prepared as well. If Luo Hao and JPS weren't there, Godou would have died for sure.

We're probably going to get the same thing with the KotE fight. We know Salvatore's going to be involved, since they foreshadowed his fight with the 'Wind King', and probably Aisha as well, maybe Luo Hao too.
So maybe KoTE has authorities to mass summon bunch of other gods to help him gang up on campiones and exhaust them to death?
Old 2014-04-02, 10:28   Link #9983
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I don't know if Voban would. He's a challenge-seeker, but unlike Doni he's not -stupid-. It could go either way.
Well, to be fair here Voban is the one most likely to be on par with the KoTE. He has what, twenty authorities? And other gods will run away from him rather than pick a fight.
Old 2014-04-02, 10:34   Link #9984
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The same Voban who went out of his way to summon a god because he was bored? he would definitely get involved if he could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
So maybe KoTE has authorities to mass summon bunch of other gods to help him gang up on campiones and exhaust them to death?
No maybe, he's already done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, to be fair here Voban is the one most likely to be on par with the KoTE. He has what, twenty authorities? And other gods will run away from him rather than pick a fight.
Where did you get twenty from? At max he has ten Authorities from what we know.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 10:40   Link #9985
XFire
150% done

Quote:
The same Voban who went out of his way to summon a god because he was bored? he would definitely get involved if he could.

No maybe, he's already done that.

I thought it said ten were known, and that he had more that were still secret. It was just a random number anyway.
Old 2014-04-02, 10:52   Link #9986
Fwarlord

Quote:
No, we don't know, no one know exactly how much gods that guy killed. Just like Luo Hao, Bobby usually only use his well-known authority despite having many other even more powerful ones. They could have hundreds for all we care. Anyway, just like they said, the number of authorities isn't the key factor for victory. Or else, Circe would has been utterly invincible.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:38   Link #9987
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I thought it said ten were known, and that he had more that were still secret. It was just a random number anyway.
He has 8+. When Doni talked about him with Godou it was said that Doni + Voban have together a dozen authorities. Doni has 4 so Voban has around 8
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 15:07   Link #9988
Fwarlord

This is Godou and Doni's conversation:
Quote:
"That old gramps has defeated quite a few gods, right? Also, you've killed Irish and Norse gods before, right? How many are there in total?"
'If you add up both our kills, probably over ten. Is there a problem?'
I think it's is just the number of Irish and Norse gods Voban killed, according to Doni, not the total number of gods he killed. No way Doni can know the exact number since Voban started killing gods long before Doni was born.

There is another conversation about Voban's authorities:
Spoiler for Volume 2:
Old 2014-04-02, 19:30   Link #9989
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Rather than power, what Godou needs to win against the KotE is knowledge. Of course we want to see new powers, but far more powerful campiones than Godou have been exterminated by the KotE. Godou has one thing they didn't have though, which is the golden sword. If he knows the KotE's name and legend he could sever the part of his divinity that gives him a power-up when facing godslayers.
knowledge and experience,[swords] was useless account athena / medusa

kote must have attributes of other deities, such as Perseus / mitres

[swords] have no guarantee of victory.
GodSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 19:32   Link #9990
Ickarium

Actually, the latest short story suggests that the Sword will be instrumental.
Old 2014-04-02, 20:23   Link #9991
The Green One

Quote:
Actually, the latest short story suggests that the Sword will be instrumental.
Like how it is in every battle ever?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 20:29   Link #9992
Ickarium

No, like if they find out the name, the sword will be amped up in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirring of Heroes
"Young man, although right now, this is merely a subconscious feeling... When the time comes for a showdown against the 'King of the End,' perhaps you may possess an element of advantage."

"What do you mean by that?"

"The sword's spell words, controlled by Verethragna's final incarnation—the weapon of the [Warrior]."

This was probably an oracle via spirit vision as well. Lucretia spoke solemnly.

"The king manifesting at era's end is a deity who hides his name insistently. If the origin of his true name could be elucidated, then turning that knowledge into a blade... The sword's spell words might possibly bring out far greater power than ever before."
Of course, it goes on to say he'll need more, so it won't be an I-WIN button, but still. The suggestion is the sword will be key, and will be far stronger than usual.
Old 2014-04-02, 20:45   Link #9993
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
No, like if they find out the name, the sword will be amped up in some way.

Of course, it goes on to say he'll need more, so it won't be an I-WIN button, but still. The suggestion is the sword will be key, and will be far stronger than usual.
quick question when godou travel in the past. is it possible that both Verethragna has manifested in some other place i mean will it conflict the circle of ursupation of pandora?, im sorry im confuse on this part
Old 2014-04-02, 21:49   Link #9994
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
quick question when godou travel in the past. is it possible that both Verethragna has manifested in some other place i mean will it conflict the circle of ursupation of pandora?, im sorry im confuse on this part
I believe he should be wandering the world like Athena, or sleeping somewhere

susanoo is still sending divine energy Ena

however he went to the Netherworld after knowing kote, then he should be God Heretic

godou usurp authority in the future so it does not interfere in the past,however if Verethragna and killed by another in the past then it would create a paradox
Old 2014-04-02, 21:56   Link #9995
chrono25

one thing is Melqart a god of steel !

because he does carry one of their primary traits as a hunter of dragons and he might be the masked knight considering that like susanoo he can control wind and he did survive the stallion attack ! even though he had to heal

Last edited by chrono25; 2014-04-02 at 22:07.
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 22:06   Link #9996
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
one thing is Melqart a god of steel he carries one of their primary traits as a hunter of dragons and he might be the masked knight considering that like susanoo he can control wind and he did survive the stallion attack !
Melquart lost his body, and their builds are quite different to begin with. Plus he didn't have a steel body like the new guy does.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 22:11   Link #9997
Ickarium

I had a theory for a time that the masked steel god linked to Wind was /Verethragna himself/. But doesn't fit as he's still in the modern world when Godou gets back, and he killed him of course.
Old 2014-04-02, 22:28   Link #9998
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
one thing is Melqart a god of steel !

because he does carry one of their primary traits as a hunter of dragons and he might be the masked knight considering that like susanoo he can control wind and he did survive the stallion attack ! even though he had to heal
Melqart was a god of the sky, which received attributes of steel over time he had many more attributes.he was not a hero,plus it was not a hero and not associated with war.

Quote:
I had a theory for a time that the masked steel god linked to Wind was /Verethragna himself/. But doesn't fit as he's still in the modern world when Godou gets back, and he killed him of course.
the last fight against doni he proved to be a martial artist, and steel body can be just your arm (or not),maybe he is a Chinese deity since he is focused on his abilities to fight body to body disarmed.
Old 2014-04-02, 22:50   Link #9999
Ickarium

The 'only Asians had advanced hand to hand techniques' you often see is actually a myth. For instance, there was a German martial art that used highly advanced grappling techniques. Nifty thing about it is it also used plate armor and two handed weapons to basically use leverage to /shatter/ joints.

Designed a character based on that for an RPG, once.

However, considering the author is making the KotE Asian in some way, it very well could be anyway.
Old 2014-04-03, 07:30   Link #10000
chrono25

Melqart
Quote:
He is the god of storms, and also the god of the sea, god of the sun, and the god ruling over harvests and extinguished life... C-Consuming crops and causing widespread devastation to the land, locusts are also a symbol of his authority."
I take it back about him being steel he is more of a earth element kind of like Athena with his mixed skill set
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem