AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-21, 15:56   Link #661
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Why didn't the coach put Close from the beginning?
Old 2014-06-21, 15:57   Link #662
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I'm really annoyed at Klose's goal (regardless of how good of a player Klose is/was, he has never been a player the size of Ronaldo), I know records are made to be broken and such, but Ronaldo's record should have stood for a good time, 8 years it's not nearly enough for a player the size of el Fenomeno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Why didn't the coach put Close from the beginning?
Because he's 36 years old? Klose couldn't play 90 minutes in Brazil's weather even if he wanted...
SuitUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 15:57   Link #663
Kakurin
大佐

Germany has to look at the US first before talking about Holland. It's very well possible that they'll fail in the group stage depending on the result between Portugal and the US.
Old 2014-06-21, 15:58   Link #664
ChampDream
Alive

That was a great match.
Ghana show us a good game and Germany had Klose as his hero and tying with Ronaldo's record.
Old 2014-06-21, 16:00   Link #665
Mentar
Banned

My my my.

The positive: This was quite an exciting game until the very end... both teams risked a lot to decide it.

The negative: God, what am I pissed about our lame-ass way of playing. People simply didn't seem to take things seriously. And we're definitely wasting waaay too many chances.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 16:01   Link #666
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Mertesacker is just plain horrible. He may end up costing Germany the world cup. Horrible defense. So slow and lumbering everywhere.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 16:03   Link #667
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Mertesacker is just plain horrible. He may end up costing Germany the world cup. Horrible defense. So slow and lumbering everywhere.
After THIS game, I hope that the talk about the world cup ends. At least until the semis.
Old 2014-06-21, 16:05   Link #668
itisjustme

Hummels isn't fast and nimble either.

I wonder what it is about the climate or the pitch or whatever that makes this WC such a goal fest.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 16:05   Link #669
Sakuratsuki

How could Ghana lose against USA with playing like this? I didn't see that match but hell after seeing them playing like this against Germany it's unbelievable how they lost against USA.

Edit: Altough Germany was really bad today
Old 2014-06-21, 16:06   Link #670
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
After THIS game, I hope that the talk about the world cup ends. At least until the semis.
Sadly that seems like the case. The only silver lining here is that none of the "big" contenders have really been that impressive so far. Argentina feels like Messi + 10 (All that talent, but no chemistry), and Brazil is extremely disorganized. With Spain flaming out, the only team I'm really scared of is France.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 16:08   Link #671
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
I never believed in their chance anyway. The defense plain sucks. Mertesacker is far too slow to play against quick teams (hello there says France) and Mustafi's not ready, as evidenced by his poor play against Ayew. In this case they have to establish a system of how to defend, but Löw time and again is clueless in this regard. Add in mistakes like those by Lahm (let's not forget his giving away of balls during the first 10 minutes against Portugal) and it's a disaster waiting to happen.

It was infuriating to see the lame duck attitude displayed in the first half. Played like I feared they would, without any concern, despite what they said in the interviews prior to the match.
Old 2014-06-21, 16:32   Link #672
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Went out and watch the Germany vs Ghana games with my football savvy friends (i don't keep track of it these days) and honestly, I think Ghana deserved the draw with their play. The biggest problem they had was going into the last 1/3 of the german field. Poor positioning and getting caught offside killed off a lot of their chances.

Germany played a fairly solid game themselves but they crumbled near the end when Ghana got their equalizers in early. Klose saved their bacon (that man is a goal machine) but i think the draw was needed to give the german team a much needed reality check after the trashing they gave to Portugal.

Overall, very exciting game to watch.. I'm glad i stayed up late for it.
Old 2014-06-21, 16:33   Link #673
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
How could Ghana lose against USA with playing like this? I didn't see that match but hell after seeing them playing like this against Germany it's unbelievable how they lost against USA.

Edit: Altough Germany was really bad today
The USA got lucky against Ghana and Ghana miss a lot of opportunities to score.
Old 2014-06-21, 16:34   Link #674
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

From a neutral standpoint this was a very entertaining match, but I can understand's Mentar frustration, specially the defense was inexplicably bad and unorganized.

But these are problems that can still be fixed in time.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 16:40   Link #675
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
From a neutral standpoint this was a very entertaining match, but I can understand's Mentar frustration, specially the defense was inexplicably bad and unorganized.

It's been our achilles heel for a long time now. I'm not worried about our offense, we will score goals. But we're simply making way too many mistakes in the defense.

What pissed me off most however was the laziness... the lack in spirit. Too many people obviously thought that they could play it home in a relaxed way, and THIS is what's empowering our opponents. It always happens in our second game, I don't know why. The game against the US will most likely be better again.
Old 2014-06-21, 16:48   Link #676
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post

For anybody who followed Germany the last few years the defensive struggles aren't anything new or inexplicable. And seeing how these deficits haven't been fixed for like two years I doubt they can be fixed with Löw at the helm. I just don't know what they intend to do on defense. They don't press effectively in midfield and generally don't gain enough balls, hinder the opposing set-up, or pressure the opponents into committing mistakes. On the other hand they are not compact in defending as a team in their own third. If Ghana wasn't so dumb in playing out their counters it would have been ugly for Germany.

Quote:
What pissed me off most however was the laziness... the lack in spirit. Too many people obviously thought that they could play it home in a relaxed way, and THIS is what's empowering our opponents.
The entire first half was a no-show. They played like it was an exhibition match. No urgency and no pace. Just kicking the ball horizontally from point A to point B. It was also very funny to see some players trying their hand on backheels for example instead of just going for the simply play. This German team just lacks the heart and determination to be champions.
Old 2014-06-21, 16:49   Link #677
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm, unless I'm mistaken, USA will have guaranteed advancement if 1) they can beat either Portugal or Germany, or 2) tie against both Portugal and Germany.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 16:50   Link #678
Eragon
EllieXDina forever

Seems like the Germans can't handle fast counter attacks (or maybe its just this game). That 5 v 2 counter should have ended with Ghana scoring. Germany wasted a few opportunities trying to be cute. Bastion needs to be in the starting 11.

Ghana played exceptionally good. Some of those crunch tackles against Muller were so good. They really should have won against the U.S. I think they have a very good chance of taking the 3 points against POR.

If U.S.A gives as many chances to POR as they gave to Ghana, it will not end well for them. I really want GER and Ghana to go through.
Old 2014-06-21, 17:36   Link #679
Kakurin
大佐

What's going on with the refs and linesmen at this World Cup? Dzeko's goal wrongly got annulled as offsides, a couple of minutes later Nigeria goes in front.
Old 2014-06-21, 17:49   Link #680
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Bosnia once again finds himself on the losing end despite playing better than the rival...
SuitUp is online now   Reply With Quote