AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2016-08-07, 11:27   Link #321
Diluc
Mein Kaiser!

Anyway who else ship Velvet with Samurai guy

This guy hella funny one,i can see how he can make good chemistry with the cool badass Velvet
i can't wait to see more his skit in the game XD
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 11:28   Link #322
GDB

While it wasn't a bad episode, I found it pretty boring. Not sure if it's Velvet's one-track mind or how there was seemingly no challenge in the slightest to their escape. Will probably be a better prologue in the game itself with constant fights.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 11:49   Link #323
Kazu-kun

This episode was pretty cool. I love Velvet's one track mind. That's the kind of mind set you need in order to face the sort of horrors she has gone trough.

Pretty fucking cool. Can't wait for next episode.
Old 2016-08-07, 11:49   Link #324
larethian

10/10 for Velvet's garment design. As for the episode... Looks good visually at least. I don't like how the flow of story gets interrupted by 2 promo episodes though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 11:54   Link #325
Sides

Yes, real/original OP song from ToZ!
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 12:33   Link #326
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Is velvet in the game? Or is this the cross over linking to the next game?

I liked her mostly. The seraph chick was actually more interesting though, since well... she has more depth then revenge at the moment.
Old 2016-08-07, 12:34   Link #327
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Haha, the people who are just watching the anime without any context are gonna be hella confused by this episode. I'm not complaining though, that was some good hype for the next game. Too bad the western release will be in 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
I agree I am confused. Great Episode eventhough I feel I am watching a different series.
i gonna really agree that i'm totally wtf????, this is really the "same serie" which i'm watching now???, really put another serie in the middle of the currently one to just hype the incoming serie looks like so "weird" and out of place, well whatever while the episode as a "standalone episode by itself was really good, but for the serie was a pointless and not needed episode, looked worse than was a "filler", because at last normally fillers have the same cast not show a different cat from a different show to just tease another game.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2016-08-07 at 12:47.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 12:35   Link #328
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Is velvet in the game? Or is this the cross over linking to the next game?
She is the MC in the upcoming game (11 days to go! )
ToB is the beginning and ToZ is the middle or end, depending what NB is planning next.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 12:36   Link #329
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thanks @Sides

@Blueknight Has it actually been confirmed to follow the game storyline and not simply diverge completely? I mean so far having not played the game this was not much different then the Soley parts.
Old 2016-08-07, 13:00   Link #330
Seihai
スマイリウム

I don't mind the ToZ OP at the end. What I find silly is how they showed the OP only to show another blank scenery just so they could show us the credit rolls. Since the OP is longer than your average 1:30min OP/ED overall it took up too much time which could have been used otherwise imo.

As for shoving in two promo episodes for a different game, well, it's neither completely good nor bad. I just wish they could have made a more fluid transition from Z to B and back from B to Z. The transition here is in-your-face so it feels awkward whether you played the game or not.

Content wise I really liked what I saw. Visuals great as always, music is likable, characters are cool and they make me want to know more about them. And making the connection to Zestiria isn't particularly difficult. They literally mentioned the word calamity and malevolence at the end so we know what Berseria entails at the end, we just don't know how Velvet's journey ends up creating the Malevolence that we see in Zestiria. Then again if the Malevolence wasn't there, I guess instead of Hellions we would still have Daemons instead so I'm not sure which is better.

Last edited by Seihai; 2016-08-07 at 13:17.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 13:01   Link #331
Kazu-kun

Oh well, leaving the Japanese reactions aside, I did like the episode. I specially like Velvet. I didn't think she would be so calculating and pragmatic. For someone who follows her emotions, she can be pretty logical too. I really like that. I already like her better than Sorey.
Old 2016-08-07, 13:49   Link #332
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

the episode was good until i heard the goddamn MALEVOLENCE word
Old 2016-08-07, 13:51   Link #333
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
10/10 for Velvet's garment design. As for the episode... Looks good visually at least. I don't like how the flow of story gets interrupted by 2 promo episodes though.
From a male perspective a 10/10 perhaps.

From a defensive perspective, 0/10. Lets be honest, one small cut and her boobs come flying out.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 14:31   Link #334
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post

From a defensive perspective, 0/10. Lets be honest, one small cut and her boobs come flying out.
i've seen worse, i.e the girl from god eater. its only through the physics defying, anime censorship that prevent her boobs from flying out whenever she's fighting and hopping about.

i'm wondering if the malak were the original seraphim and the exorcists were the original shepherds.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 14:34   Link #335
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
i'm wondering if the malak were the original seraphim and the exorcists were the original shepherds.
Seres' powers are similar to Lailah's, so they're probably the same sort of beings.

I don't know about the exorcists and shepherds though. These exorcist guys look more like some sort of Inquisition.
Old 2016-08-07, 14:35   Link #336
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:

It's actually really practical because it gives her maximum amount of anime physics which means since we won't see nipples her clothes will survive everything, even a nuclear bomb. And if we don't talk anime but we talk games, it's still great because less armor means more armor in games. It's a fact.
Old 2016-08-07, 14:37   Link #337
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

They really won't show the Berseria OP? That's so weird. It was even weird that they showed the Zestiria OP in this episode. Clearly, these episodes exist purely for promotion, as demanded by Bamco, since they don't connect with the Zestiria plot in any way. Ufotable is also doing the anime cutscenes for the game, and they must be done by now since the game is about to be released in Japan. Wouldn't it be natural to slap that OP on the anime as well?

Quote:

At least it's an outfit that was never intended to bestow protection to begin with, so it doesn't fall into the "plate mail bikini" trope. Her boobs might come flying out? Is that really a concern when your insides are coming out, too?
Old 2016-08-07, 14:45   Link #338
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
They really won't show the Berseria OP? That's so weird. It was even weird that they showed the Zestiria OP in this episode. Clearly, these episodes exist purely for promotion, as demanded by Bamco, since they don't connect with the Zestiria plot in any way. Ufotable is also doing the anime cutscenes for the game, and they must be done by now since the game is about to be released in Japan. Wouldn't it be natural to slap that OP on the anime as well?
We can just sum it up to... "Bamco and their marketing decisions."

Quote:
At least it's an outfit that was never intended to bestow protection to begin with, so it doesn't fall into the "plate mail bikini" trope. Her boobs might come flying out? Is that really a concern when your insides are coming out, too?
To add some lowly humor, I think she won't change her clothes even when she gets the chance to later. All she needs is revenge. Clothes aren't practical? It's okay, she just needs revenge! What, she smells because she hasn't taken a bath in 3 years? It's fine, the smell of revenge is the best! Wait, what about pooping? It's ok, revenge replaced her digestion system! (Girls don't poop anyway)
Old 2016-08-07, 14:52   Link #339
Wandering Soul

The episode was all right, though the promotional episodes does disrupt the flow of the story.

I don't mind them using the OP from the game, but it is sort of weird to show that OP then cut to the credits scene, then the preview.
Old 2016-08-07, 15:56   Link #340
Mangonel

Quote:

Anime outfits have more to do with defining the character and making them look distinct rather than providing any sort of realistic degree of protection. Same sort of concept as how runway model outfits are never meant to be daily wear.

I don't think filling in the 'cleavage cutout' with a different contrasting cloth would look as good. Ultimately you'd have to add another color to her palette. Making some sort of armor piece in lieu of cloth would just make an already busy character design even more so.

The Tales franchise has always done a good job of being mildly fan-servicey to both sides and otherwise being somewhat reasonable with body proportions imo.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote