AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-03-18, 12:43   Link #21
necrolyte

With Judge's absence since Germa returned I am starting to think that he may be creating some special battle suit for Sanji since he is the only Germa that doesn't have his own suit. Well I hope I am wrong and Sanji will depend on his strenght alone but if this happen atleast he will have good power up in no time
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 01:16   Link #22
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
He should accept it humbly.
Old 2018-03-19, 14:57   Link #23
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

At least Judge was able to "redeem" his mistake in the past by doing so. I mean, even Sanji hates Judge so much at least he will accept some token of apology from his father. Since this is about Sanji, i think it's not about Sanji himself and it involve his actual family.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 19:30   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess I wouldn't mind Sanji getting a power suit. When you think about it, he's the only person in the crew who fights without a DF nor a weapon. And to top it all off he has a handicap since he only uses his legs. It wouldn't be unfair for him to get something like that.
Old 2018-03-20, 05:57   Link #25
J4n1

Problem with power suit is that it would not his own power.
Luffy uses a DF and Zoro has swords.
But DF is part of Luffy and can't be taken away (presumable, while he lives) and swords can be replaced, power suit feels like a weak point for people to exploit, especially if Sanji can't fix it on his own.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 15:40   Link #26
Hoodspirit

I don't mind a raid suit either for Sanji either. The issue with the Vinsmoke kids were not their suits or the genetic power manipulation but the 'emotionless' modification.
So getting these two things would not put him down to their level in order to get stronger.
Old 2018-03-21, 01:53   Link #27
Ramero

True enough and so far by itself only Sanji that has a handicap as one of the top three fighter at Straw hats. Luffy has Gomu Gomu DF and Zoro has sword while Sanji doesn't have any weapons and got handicapped by using only kick. I do hope by getting a power suit, Sanji can close that handicap even more. I think it's interesting if Sanji got a raid suit that will enhance his kick more.
Old 2018-03-21, 02:12   Link #28
J4n1

Luffy has the handicap of not being able to fight in water effectively (an issue in a world almost all ocean).
Zoro's swords can be broken.
Sanji's handicap is not really a handicap, he fights with his feet, and he has trained to fight with his feet.
It's like saying boxer is handicapped because they don't kick. Or that Zoro is handicapped by not using guns.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 08:30   Link #29
Ramero

Actually now it's hard for Zoro's sword to be broken especially if he uses Haki on it. Remember how Mihawk taught Zoro on using Haki on the sword, even Kokuto will not be able to cut his sword if Zoro's sword was imbued with Haki.

Actually all DF user are handicapped by not be able to do aqua combat except those who already knew it well like Aokiji that can freeze the sea.

It's true then but again Sanji can use kitchen knives as a weapon. You can see his fight with Wanze for the first time did not using his handicap. The only exception he fight is food ingredients as main opponent and fight at the kitchen.
Old 2018-03-21, 10:47   Link #30
SilverGlavenus

^Why isn't there the Umi Umi no Mi, the strongest Devil Fruit ever ??
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 12:11   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Luffy has the handicap of not being able to fight in water effectively (an issue in a world almost all ocean).
Zoro's swords can be broken.
Sanji's handicap is not really a handicap, he fights with his feet, and he has trained to fight with his feet.
It's like saying boxer is handicapped because they don't kick. Or that Zoro is handicapped by not using guns.
It's true that DF users have a big weakness, but the powers their DF give them more than compensate for it. Sanji gains nothing from being unable to use his hands.

Zoro's swords can be broken, yes, which is why he's been seeking higher quality swords. The swords he has now give him an edge compared to regular swords. They're obviously not the reason he's so strong, but they contribute. Sanji's suit could work similarly, as an item that enables him to harness his full power. Something that could make him able to withstand producing stronger fire, for example.

As for the boxer comparison, I honestly don't know enough about martial arts to respond. The main reason I thought of Sanji only using his legs as a handicap is that he's been shown in the past to be extremely adept at using his hands too, which naturally led me to think he'd be stronger if he could use his whole body. Your argument that he's trained his whole life to use his legs and is therefore an expert is sound though.