AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-25, 20:44   Link #1541
Alchemist007
*Author

I like the mystery behind these average adults, I'm guessing they're sort of like slaves. The 'Nerv' group I care less about...
Old 2018-03-25, 20:54   Link #1542
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
One thing that bugs me though is the anti-homosexual tones the show has. Just for the record, I have no love for Yaoi or Yuri (Hibike thread goers can attest to that), but the Franxx showing to not specifically work with Ikuno/Ichigo can be construed as a wee bit homophobic. At the very least it isn't played for laughs like Futoshi and dealt in a more serious manner, so this may just be half the story, so I won't condemn the show for now. But it sure did bug me with the silent implication that same sex relationships don't work.
having it not work once in this situation is not a sign of homophobic tones. people who make a big deal out of it at this point in the show are just looking for a reason to be outraged.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 20:59   Link #1543
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
having it not work once in this situation is not a sign of homophobic tones. people who make a big deal out of it at this point in the show are just looking for a reason to be outraged.
which is the "norm" nowadays, everything can be a "excuse" to be outraged.
Old 2018-03-25, 21:05   Link #1544
KPSJ

You can hate kokoro as much as you want but I am on the kokoro x Milkman ship. You can't tell me this is not cute
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 21:13   Link #1545
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
It was assumed before the test that it wouldn't work. They were just humoring Ikuno imo.
Old 2018-03-25, 21:18   Link #1546
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It was assumed before the test that it wouldn't work. They were just humoring Ikuno imo.
but not was confirmed until now, this was to show which that is the "only way it could work" to take off any doubts specially from us the expectators which even if they have told which it can't work peoples could still doubt until they have a "real proof like showing visually which its don't work.

You know humans are humans and aways the rule "see to believe" gonna be true and even today that rule will gonna be "refuted" as a "fake news" and bla bla bla, we are living in a time where peoples only believe on what they "take as the only thing to believe and accept and if the things we are showing to them not gonna matter anymore, even if science or religion or any other unrefutable source is provided they gonna still refuting it.
Old 2018-03-25, 21:25   Link #1547
Mangonel

Hmm, Kokoro's new pairing is more suited to her I think than with Futoshi whose being overbearing probably pushed her away. It was a an imperfect but perfectly believable 'breakup'.

Still no real info on what has 02 in a rut. Was glad to see her have some life when challenging the boss this ep but I'm still left wondering if her checking her fangs has any significance to her mood and apparent distance from Hiro. I'd also say the 'don't worry will be together till we both die' comment was more foreboding than a "we're ok" statement.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 21:29   Link #1548
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post
Hmm, Kokoro's new pairing is more suited to her I think than with Futoshi whose being overbearing probably pushed her away. It was a an imperfect but perfectly believable 'breakup'.

Still no real info on what has 02 in a rut. Was glad to see her have some life when challenging the boss this ep but I'm still left wondering if her checking her fangs has any significance to her mood and apparent distance from Hiro. I'd also say the 'don't worry will be together till we both die' comment was more foreboding than a "we're ok" statement.
Yeah, 02's statement sounded really creepy and stalkerish imo. Hopefully, there isn't any basis for this inside the mecha (like a self-destruct switch if things go bad).
Old 2018-03-25, 21:38   Link #1549
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yeah, 02's statement sounded really creepy and stalkerish imo. Hopefully, there isn't any basis for this inside the mecha (like a self-destruct switch if things go bad).
well actually they have that "self-destruction switch" rememeber which goro "wanted to use it" but ichigo not allowed him to do?
Old 2018-03-25, 22:16   Link #1550
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
my points is more toward your "poor choice of word",
Spoiler for saving space:
So your main gripe is only about me using the term “useless”? I use it informally in a broad sense though. If you don’t like the broad term of “useless”, fine then. I’ll use one of its informal synonyms: “inadequate”.

Also, perspective matters. For example: I’m independent and have a job of my own and I can provide for my family just fine and I also help my parents. But when you compare me to someone greater in life like Stephen Hawking, Steven Spielberg, Bill Gates or Christopher Nolan, I’d say that I’m still inadequate. Similarly, Futoshi might be just fine compared to the other Parasites, but when compared to Biscuit, he is inadequate as an individual. This is why the comparison is unnecessary. So, let's not bring this up again. The entire point of my previous posts is to prevent this from happening (again).
Old 2018-03-25, 22:20   Link #1551
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Not gonna lie guys, Futoshi hit a bit too close to home. Acting nice to the girl, but in reality being possessive and dominating the relationship to be as he wants it to be. Hell, he pretty much forced the 'promise' this episode. Granted Futoshi isn't really bad or evil per se, but yeah, I wanted to smack my high school self a few times when watching the episode.

I personally am glad Kokoro seems to have a more two-sided relationship with Mitsuru. Sure she isn't absolved of any sin from making promises she can't keep, but her being assertive with Mitsuru is a sign that THAT relationship is going to be healthier in the long run. That said, Mitsuru could be a bit more nicer and more enthusiastic with him pairing up, as he is the opposite of Futoshi. Wouldn't hurt to care a bit more.

One thing that bugs me though is the anti-homosexual tones the show has. Just for the record, I have no love for Yaoi or Yuri (Hibike thread goers can attest to that), but the Franxx showing to not specifically work with Ikuno/Ichigo can be construed as a wee bit homophobic. At the very least it isn't played for laughs like Futoshi and dealt in a more serious manner, so this may just be half the story, so I won't condemn the show for now. But it sure did bug me with the silent implication that same sex relationships don't work.

And Hiro being memory wiped when he was a kid? I wonder if it was because he met a twin-horned girl? XD
THIS

These are flawed characters, but believable. Kokoro should've been upfront with her feeling wayyy ealier, yet she's been quiet until now, and it wasn't really Futoshi's fault for pushing forward like that. I mean seriously, if your BF/GF gives the ok, then would you shrink back?

So far, Franxx has broken many character's mold, so I really hope Futoshi can get some development after this. Please please don't let him be just the gag character
Old 2018-03-25, 22:36   Link #1552
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Wait! They are 9 years old?
I interpreted that as meaning Mitsuru had the injection at 9 years of age.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 22:48   Link #1553
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So your main gripe is only about me using the term “useless”? I use it informally in a broad sense though. If you don’t like the broad term of “useless”, fine then. I’ll use one of its informal synonyms: “inadequate”.

Also, perspective matters. For example: I’m independent and have a job of my own and I can provide for my family just fine and I also help my parents. But when you compare me to someone greater in life like Stephen Hawking, Steven Spielberg, Bill Gates or Christopher Nolan, I’d say that I’m still inadequate. Similarly, Futoshi might be just fine compared to the other Parasites, but when compared to Biscuit, he is inadequate as an individual. This is why the comparison is unnecessary. So, let's not bring this up again. The entire point of my previous posts is to prevent this from happening (again).
that is why i do have problem with peoples keep comparing this serie with others "mecha series" because again it's comparing "apples with oranges", just because all are fruits, the plot and characters here are totally different all the situations are different the only common thing between then is having some "cliche characters" and mechas them is pointless trying to "compare A with B, just because A and B come from D, they still A and B and you can't keep trying to comparing them specially when many things are so different like plot, setup and world, take it as itself not as "another x or y clone or something like that or expectate what happened in A or B happen in both or which because both series have a "character with some similar traits" which they must be compared" while "physically they are "equals" background and plot they are not equals and must not "keep comparing we are talking about 2 different series and having "some generic look characters is not something to be "comparing all the times otherwise basically almost every japanese novel, manga and anime could be just a clone since they have really many things in common specially characters personality and traits, because they are "common to be used" what is matter is how things are doing if they really have similar background and development and things like that, not just because they are "fat and ugly" and because they are in a mecha serie, again one thing is comparing a total "generic archetype of character which is just a "ctrl+c/ctrl+v with some little differences in look but "inside ending being the same character" with characters which have simular looking but world, background and personality are totally different, this is really pointless and that is when i "agree about not comparing".
Old 2018-03-25, 22:57   Link #1554
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
They are taught that, but it's clear that somewhere along the line that the kids themselves started assigning special meaning to it. Ichigo's interest in Hiro, and men in general is pretty clear to see, so I'm sure that Ikuno must known on some level that nothing would happen, but it still must have hurt to see solid proof. Unless this series introduces another homosexual character, I'm curious as to how they are going to handle Ikuno.
What if it's the other way around? What if it didn't work because Ichigo wasn't taking it seriously. It was Ichigo who was thinking it wouldn't work from the beginning, remember?
Old 2018-03-25, 23:02   Link #1555
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What if it's the other way around? What if it didn't work because Ichigo wasn't taking it seriously. It was Ichigo who was thinking it wouldn't work from the beginning, remember?
the painel of activation show separated for both pilot and girl, if one is working and the other no it will showed as progress bar grow" and it showed which neither ichigo or ykuno have any "progress bar" activation which show which it don't worked for both, neither ichigo as as pistol or ykuno as a pilot, maybe if they had traded place and put ykuno as the pistol and ichigo as pilot could be another test and see if ykuno could produce any reaction as "pistol", but so far was clear which it really don't worked in both sides.
Old 2018-03-25, 23:06   Link #1556
Kazu-kun

Well, it doesn't matter I guess. I don't see things ever working for Ikuno either way. This show doesn't have the balls for that sort of thing. They're probably gonna convert her into heterosexuality or kill her off at some point.
Old 2018-03-25, 23:07   Link #1557
Used Can

I think people saying that Kokoro should have expressed herself are missing the point.
It was shown since ep1 that part of Kokoro's personality is that she isn't the type to voice her ideas or feelings, but instead go along with what the rest want. Thus, that's why she went along with every single of Futoshi's requests and even made that promise with him, since she actually planned on keeping things that way until the end.

However, this episode she learned about Mitsuru's condition, and one thing that had already been established about Kokoro is that she has a thing for Mitsuru. So, as soon as she learned that he underwent some risky procedure as a child and that the side effects of that surgery are his constant fevers, she probably built up some resolve (which she didn't have before) and decided she wanted to be with him and support him.
Then, not only did the instructors offer the possibility of shuffling partners, but of all people, the first one to request a change was Ikuno - i.e. Mitsuru's partner, thus leaving him open to get a new partner. It was here when Kokoro, for once, decided being honest and requested to be made Mitsuru's partner.

Now, she indeed hurt Futoshi, and I do believe she owes him a heartfelt apology, but all her behaviour toward him, before the partner shuffle wasn't her deceiving him or leading him on, but her just going along with him, because that's what she did. That's how she was. She never planned on hurting him. She likely planned on staying by Futoshi's side until then end, but things happened and ultimately, she decided being honest with herself and with others (at least to a degree).
Old 2018-03-25, 23:09   Link #1558
Mistyclear

Another possibility is that Ichigo subconsciously rejected it due to the events that happened with Hiro. Plus Goro apparently makes her feel nice-she might be nervous over losing that feeling. Although I also believe Ichigo didn’t really believe that it would work anyway (as they’ve only been taught that a boy/girl combo was needed to power the Franxx) and that played a role.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-25, 23:17   Link #1559
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, it doesn't matter I guess. I don't see things ever working for Ikuno either way. This show doesn't have the balls for that sort of thing. They're probably gonna convert her into heterosexuality or kill her off at some point.
basically this can means one or maybe all of the that 3 things.

1 - the franxx can really only piloted by a male and a female and not by "same gender" even if one of them is more the other side like a manly lesbian woman or a woman type gay guy, only a 100% gender male and female.

2 - maybe ykuno is not really "lesbian" as she believe and it was much more like "bad experience with males" leading her to think which she can only go with girls

3 - ykuno is the "uke" or the passive and she like "to be the one being rided (masochist)instead of being the one "riding", or she like to be the one under not on the top and maybe ic could had worked if they switched and she realize which she is a masochist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Another possibility is that Ichigo subconsciously rejected it due to the events that happened with Hiro. Plus Goro apparently makes her feel nice-she might be nervous over losing that feeling. Although I also believe Ichigo didn’t really believe that it would work anyway (as they’ve only been taught that a boy/girl combo was needed to power the Franxx) and that played a role.
as I told they have a panel which tracking both pilot and pistol energy usage and they work "separate" this means which one can go down while other can go up, that is when the "instability can happen" and the franxx can shut off or go berserker and the panel showed which not was just "ichigo" but also it not worked either for ykuno, this means which not was just "ichigo fault" which id didin't work but both of them.
Old 2018-03-25, 23:28   Link #1560
KPSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
basically this can means one or maybe all of the that 3 things.

1 - the franxx can really only piloted by a male and a female and not by "same gender" even if one of them is more the other side like a manly lesbian woman or a woman type gay guy, only a 100% gender male and female.

2 - maybe ykuno is not really "lesbian" as she believe and it was much more like "bad experience with males" leading her to think which she can only go with girls

3 - ykuno is the "uke" or the passive and she like "to be the one being rided (masochist)instead of being the one "riding", or she like to be the one under not on the top and maybe ic could had worked if they switched and she realize which she is a masochist

as I told they have a panel which tracking both pilot and pistol energy usage and they work "separate" this means which one can go down while other can go up, that is when the "instability can happen" and the franxx can shut off or go berserker and the panel showed which not was just "ichigo" but also it not worked either for ykuno, this means which not was just "ichigo fault" which id didin't work but both of them.
I am going to go with your 2nd guess If you look at the sync chat in the show ichigo was not the problem... ikuno couldn't even get half a bar up...
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote