AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 2 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 45.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 18.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-02-21, 19:07   Link #21
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
At the least I don't like how they decided to make Filo into a direct love rival here. The impression I'd gotten to now has been that she sees him as her daddy, as would be expected of a bird who saw him the moment she popped out of her shell. If they play it off later as an Oedipus complex sort of thing and have her go back to thinking of him as a father I'll be fine but it does indeed feel weird for her to want the man she imprinted on as a mate.
It's a similar situation with Raph. Naofumi started out as a master, then father-figure, and now a love interest. I was expecting a harem for Naofumi since this is an isekai title.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 19:19   Link #22
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's a similar situation with Raph. Naofumi started out as a master, then father-figure, and now a love interest. I was expecting a harem for Naofumi since this is an isekai title.
It's not exactly the same because Raphtalia already had parents. Raphtalia did need a father figure at the time, but he wasn't a father figure for long enough to where that mentality would be ingrained into her. Once she grew older and had the body of an adult, it would only be natural for her to have affection to the one person she admires and loves(and honestly, the only one she spends any meaningful time with) more than anyone else.

For Firo, Naofumi should be imprinted on her as a father. He was the first person she saw when she first hatched and she seemed to think of him as a father in episode 6. Though I think it has to do with instinctual mating more than anything else. As she is a bird, she wants to find a "mate"...I guess. But that's not how the LN conveyed it.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 20:04   Link #23
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
At the least I don't like how they decided to make Filo into a direct love rival here. The impression I'd gotten to now has been that she sees him as her daddy, as would be expected of a bird who saw him the moment she popped out of her shell. If they play it off later as an Oedipus complex sort of thing and have her go back to thinking of him as a father I'll be fine but it does indeed feel weird for her to want the man she imprinted on as a mate.
That's implying he even sees them in that way at all, which he has not once shown to do so.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 21:07   Link #24
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
That's implying he even sees them in that way at all, which he has not once shown to do so.
I know this. I was referring to the girls' behaviors. To Naofumi currently Raphtalia is a daughter and Filo is a pet, while to Raphtalia Naofumi's a crush and to Filo it'd seemed to this point that Naofumi was a father. That was enough on its own for the two of them to have a rivalry.

And I'd say there is a big difference between Raphtalia's and Filo's situation. Filo met Naofumi the moment she hatched and was raised by him from that moment forward. Raphtalia was raised by her parents and grew quite a bit before the wave hit and killed them; she's only known him for a fraction of her life. She wasn't raised from infancy by him, she was saved and taught by him recently. Filo should naturally view Naofumi as a "father", but that image would be harder for Raphtalia to see.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-24, 13:14   Link #25
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I know this. I was referring to the girls' behaviors. To Naofumi currently Raphtalia is a daughter and Filo is a pet, while to Raphtalia Naofumi's a crush and to Filo it'd seemed to this point that Naofumi was a father. That was enough on its own for the two of them to have a rivalry.

And I'd say there is a big difference between Raphtalia's and Filo's situation. Filo met Naofumi the moment she hatched and was raised by him from that moment forward. Raphtalia was raised by her parents and grew quite a bit before the wave hit and killed them; she's only known him for a fraction of her life. She wasn't raised from infancy by him, she was saved and taught by him recently. Filo should naturally view Naofumi as a "father", but that image would be harder for Raphtalia to see.
Not really. He still helped raise Raph and like was mentioned before sees her as a daughter. He even told her that.

Just like Filo, he's the only eligible male around for her and she views him as mating material imo.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-24, 14:52   Link #26
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Not really. He still helped raise Raph and like was mentioned before sees her as a daughter. He even told her that.

Just like Filo, he's the only eligible male around for her and she views him as mating material imo.
Raphtalia's been with him for at most 0.8% of her life and was raised not knowing him at all for the preceding 99.2%. Filo has known him for 100% of her life. Big difference in my humble opinion. He's a new change to Raphtalia's life who's hardly had enough time for her to view him as a father, but Filo imprinted on him and knew him from her birth. It makes no difference what Naofumi thinks of either of them, so there's no need to bring it up. What matters is that to Raphtalia Naofumi's a person she's known for one month after ten or more years without him, and as such his "raising" amounts to a small piece of her life, albeit a major and life-changing piece, which makes it rather sensible that she'd view him as something other than a father. Filo on the other hand was personally raised by him from an egg, so it is only sensible that she WOULD view him as a parent. Not to mention that her form suggests she's a little young for egg-laying.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.