AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-08-08, 16:50   Link #41
Rageth
Certified Degenerate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
>CG dragon whyyyyyy

I'm reading the manga to about chapter 24 and I can't remember seeing a single one of these humans what.
Like Kari said. The novel has a number of perspectives, and among them are those of other reincarnators. The manga just decided to only focus on our little spider's side.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 19:56   Link #42
Yan3242
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Cg dragon is fine by me (i’ve seen worse cg) but the contrast is jarring, the dragon color doesnt mix well with the background especially the crystal.

Also why they give pupil for the spider? Now she look like somekind of hybrid mammal mix with spider. I really prefer they go with the manga look for the eyes
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 20:29   Link #43
Jord
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Cg dragon is fine by me (i’ve seen worse cg) but the contrast is jarring, the dragon color doesnt mix well with the background especially the crystal.

Also why they give pupil for the spider? Now she look like somekind of hybrid mammal mix with spider. I really prefer they go with the manga look for the eyes
While I agree that the manga designs feels better, you have to remember that this is based on the light novel most likely so the design is spot on if we make a comparison.

Spoiler for LN:


What I'm interested is if we're going to see the Arachne form, I don't think they'll invest too much time with the side stories so maybe?
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-08, 23:03   Link #44
Yan3242
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Oh that how it do in the LN? I cant complain i guess.

Also i didnt know the spider is going to have human form later on. The latest manga did mention she was about to pick evolution close to human but thats it, the underground story just keep dragging on with all the “mmorpg skill” infodump.

As much as i like infodump and detail progression, i hope the anime didnt dwell to long in the underground, for me personally it get boring after a while with the same routine eat - lvl up - big enemy - Repeat
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-09, 08:44   Link #45
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
The illustrator for the LNs (Kiryuu Tsukasa) is also credited as the "character designer" in the manga so is basically the main character designer for the series. The originals are quite detailed so it's not surprising that the manga and anime versions are somewhat tweaked.

Incidentally, the illustrator has a number of sites:
twitter: https://twitter.com/citrocube
deviant art: https://www.deviantart.com/tsukasa-kiryu
pixiv: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3559



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
What I'm interested is if we're going to see the Arachne form, I don't think they'll invest too much time with the side stories so maybe?
If we get 2 cour it'd be much more likely of course since we'd be able to get deeper into the story.

If you've only read the WNs, one thing to bear in mind is that the author changed things quite a bit in the LNs - the direction is the same but some parts of the route there are rather different.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Also i didnt know the spider is going to have human form later on. The latest manga did mention she was about to pick evolution close to human but thats it, the underground story just keep dragging on with all the “mmorpg skill” infodump.

As much as i like infodump and detail progression, i hope the anime didnt dwell to long in the underground, for me personally it get boring after a while with the same routine eat - lvl up - big enemy - Repeat
In some ways, that's exactly why the author did the "side stories" (which the manga has mostly avoided) - to show a different perspective and give a sense that there's a much bigger world and story out there waiting to happen.

For the overall timeline for series, the manga is currently about 3% into the story... it's just a particularly active and interesting 3%.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 01:12   Link #46
Yan3242
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
I know i said before that i cant complain but, i just cant...

That face... i still find the manga face is better, when it does silly stuff or pose, i find it funny but, when i try to imagine it with the anime face i just cant... iam drawing blank.

I really hope iam wrong but for now i just cant hype about it
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 20:18   Link #47
Znail
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
I know i said before that i cant complain but, i just cant...

That face... i still find the manga face is better, when it does silly stuff or pose, i find it funny but, when i try to imagine it with the anime face i just cant... iam drawing blank.

I really hope iam wrong but for now i just cant hype about it
It's quite possible they will use hand drawn images when Kumoko is doing silly faces or rolling on the ground in embaressment.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-24, 05:55   Link #48
eceso
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
any word on the studio yet ?
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-24, 08:39   Link #49
Liddo-kun
is this so?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gradius Home World
wtf the fuck, the cg dragon looks like a toy. But I will forgive it, because this is a great story where I've read a lot of the manga and the novel.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-09, 00:44   Link #50
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Airing in 2020

https://twitter.com/meishodo_comic/s...43767985946625
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-09, 08:23   Link #51
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
FWIW the author did a post recently, apologising for not updating the WN at all last year (due to being very busy) and also expects to be even busier this year. It seems he's heavily involved with writing the scripts for the anime...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-09, 20:10   Link #52
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Visual is out

__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-09, 21:36   Link #53
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Welcome to hard (insane?) mode!

(Yeah, dragons are tough opponents... or should be...)
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 21:14   Link #54
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Crunchyroll will be streaming it.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...roll-this-year
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-25, 22:05   Link #55
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Airs in January 2021. 2-cour confirmed

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/385010
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 09:28   Link #56
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
I was hoping that the long time taken to get here meant 2 cour. Nice! Was supposed to be 2020 originally but I guess it's another COVID delay....
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-07, 16:00   Link #57
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
So I'm a Spider, So What? Creator Okina Baba and Illustrator
Tsukasa Kiryu:


"Regarding the anime, Baba was involved heavily with the script and scenario writing
and Kiryu would provide advice on adapting the character designs. When the anime
was confirmed, they were ecstatic, but Baba was afraid if his work was really suitable
for an adaptation. Kiryu on the other hand was so excited she ran around the house,
and then quickly wondered how the anime would proceed with the lack of humans in
the beginning of the story.

Unfortunately, due to social distancing measures, Baba wasn't able to attend any
recording sessions, however he was able to listen remotely. Of course, he thought Aoi
Yūki's voice acting as Kumoko was incredibly cute and fans should look forward to it.
There are so many scenes in the novel to adapt that are beloved by both Baba and
Kiryu that they couldn't name one that they absolutely wanted to see in the anime."

See:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-kiryu/.163584
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-07, 20:33   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No shock on Aoi Yuki's work sounding incredibly cute. She is darn good at what she does . Definitely a great pick for our spider lead character.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this goes. Still a ways off, but getting closer.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-10, 05:53   Link #59
kari-no-sugata II
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
So I'm a Spider, So What? Creator Okina Baba and Illustrator
Tsukasa Kiryu:


"Regarding the anime, Baba was involved heavily with the script and scenario writing
and Kiryu would provide advice on adapting the character designs. When the anime
was confirmed, they were ecstatic, but Baba was afraid if his work was really suitable
for an adaptation. Kiryu on the other hand was so excited she ran around the house,
and then quickly wondered how the anime would proceed with the lack of humans in
the beginning of the story.

Unfortunately, due to social distancing measures, Baba wasn't able to attend any
recording sessions, however he was able to listen remotely. Of course, he thought Aoi
Yūki's voice acting as Kumoko was incredibly cute and fans should look forward to it.
There are so many scenes in the novel to adapt that are beloved by both Baba and
Kiryu that they couldn't name one that they absolutely wanted to see in the anime."

See:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-kiryu/.163584
Thanks for posting. Interesting stuff!


Quote:
When you began your otherworld story, what led you to choose a "spider" for a main character?

OKINA BABA: I get asked this question a lot, but actually there's no major reason. It just so happened that a spider appeared in my dreams the day I started writing the story.
Heh, I didn't expect that.


Quote:
Are there any specific details or characteristics of your story that you wanted to keep for the anime adaptation?

OKINA BABA: I told them that they didn't need to follow the same structure of the novel. If anything, I asked that they don't follow it. Anime has its own charm, and I wanted them to build a structure that brought that forward.
Did the animators then ask Baba if he wanted to be more directly involved in creating the anime? Since that seems to be what's happened - story is being somewhat re-written for the anime version by Baba.

Curious to see how they'll deal with certain things that are okay in a WN/LN but don't work so well in anime...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-10, 06:57   Link #60
Huh...?
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: India
Guess January is going to be a busy month for Anime watchers (if no extra issue occurs), considering the number of new shows and new seasons.
__________________
Position on Fandom/Wikia:

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.