AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-06, 16:02   Link #281
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Well it was supposed to be a rusty broken blade, and he enhanced it to the level where it regained it's old strength and now could SLICE through STONE. Which in most settings would be pretty impressive.

Problem is they are all children compared to Anos-daddy-sama
I've never compared them to Anos. Look at the fellow demon top students that we've seen so far. Mischa can instantly conjure up to three castles before Anos "lifted her curse" and she's also a known artist of magic-miniatures which is miles more complex & impressive than merely repair-reinforcing a sword. The fact that it can break a stone is also no big deal compared to what Ley can do with swords. Is the Hero School really this pathetic when they're not cheating?
Old 2020-09-06, 16:22   Link #282
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
According to the guy that said this, they weren't a sword god and spirit god, they were the goddess of creation and the arch-spirit.
hmm ok srry cofunsed the stuffs, but the idea is which misa is the reincarnation of the arch-spirt since she is a "half-spirit" and ley is the reincarnation of the hero and eleonor could be the reincarnation of the godess of creation the other girl following the hero.

It can explain why ley can't use "magic" and only sword, because since he is the reincarnation of the hero he can't use "demon magic", the hero could use only holy/creation magic then since he reborn as a "full demon" he can't use his true power, because he is trying to use "demon power" which is against his true nature. as hero and the only person talented enough to use even some creation magic is anos, the hero in order to fullfil his promise to become anos friend reborn as a demon and since probably misa was the "most close" to the hero also reborn as a half-demon half spirit, this allow her to use her "spirit power", since she is not a full demon, then she can use her spirit power not at her previous full power but still can., while the other just reborn in the human word as eleonor.

another note, since the heroes "are playing dirty, using "holy trick to weaken the demons, then it would be more "smart" use the "half breeds students, because since they are not full demons the "tricks" on then must work much less effective than the "pure blood demons", then anos team would be much more effective against then than the "pure blood team".
Old 2020-09-06, 18:02   Link #283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I've never compared them to Anos. Look at the fellow demon top students that we've seen so far. Mischa can instantly conjure up to three castles before Anos "lifted her curse" and she's also a known artist of magic-miniatures which is miles more complex & impressive than merely repair-reinforcing a sword. The fact that it can break a stone is also no big deal compared to what Ley can do with swords. Is the Hero School really this pathetic when they're not cheating?
If they're cheating in the first place, there's a reason.
Old 2020-09-06, 20:01   Link #284
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If they're cheating in the first place, there's a reason.
I'm just surprised at the (low?) quality of the Hero Academy. I Imagine them being more of an equal to Demon Academy.
Old 2020-09-06, 20:24   Link #285
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
I'm just surprised at the (low?) quality of the Hero Academy. I Imagine them being more of an equal to Demon Academy.
They set it up in a classroom. True, one may argue that they could have gone outside for demonstrations, thus supporting the idea that they're legitimately weak (unless they figured a small spell would be easier to mess with). But it could just be that the introductory demonstrations were meant to be very simple demonstrations of the nature of their abilities. We've certainly seen that there's a lot that can be done on small scales, and it may be fairly difficult to undo the chemical and physical damage and reforge a blade into something serviceable. Something relatively similar to Misha's talent at creating detailed minute sculptures.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 21:36   Link #286
arkhangelsk

Also in Hero Team's favor, according to Anos, he cast the blocking spell at the same time as the sword spell. I agree on its face its not as cool as Misha (remember that not counting any defensive spells, the castling process creates complete control rooms, not just cobbling rock into a building), but Episode 1 basically establishes Misha is orders of magnitude better than the average student.

We might hate their characters, but I think that in showing Hero Representative can block Demon Representative while doing something else, he has already shown a healthy degree of relative superiority.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 22:47   Link #287
Marina2

Quote:
They are not that different. If anything, most demon students outside of Anos group are probably on the same level as most Hero Academy students. Misha and Sasha are from well-known family and are recognized to be powerful by other students (Ep.2).
Old 2020-09-07, 07:21   Link #288
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
They are not that different. If anything, most demon students outside of Anos group are probably on the same level as most Hero Academy students. Misha and Sasha are from well-known family and are recognized to be powerful by other students (Ep.2).
And the Hero side has Kanon reincarnations who are considered powerful by the other students. I'll wait until next week to see what they're truly capable of though.
Old 2020-09-07, 10:14   Link #289
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Even that is understating Misha and Sasha's power. Remember, they WERE incredibly powerful at the start, and Ivis intended to then fuse them together to increase that power by several orders of magnitude; while he failed, they did fuse with their past selves, and after were demonstrated to have indeed grown incredibly more powerful.

But yeah, most of the demons are probably on the same scale as the heroes. It seems to follow the typical style there: most people are "strong", but a handful (mostly if not all allied to the hero) are so far above them that the "strong" students are like ants to them. The "Kanons" may be on the level of Sasha and Misha or even Lay, but I suspect even they are closer to your more typical students.
Old 2020-09-09, 22:28   Link #290
Marina2

One thing I admire author about this arc is that he managed to show the classic Hero vs Demon plot in the way that make Hero side looks bad even though what they do is normal thing in other shows.

For example:We think Heroes are idiots or arrogant for challenging Anos even after they see his power, but in other show where Hero side are protagonists, their action will be considered as the brave. Heroes won't give up just because Demon King are very powerful. They will continue to believe that their love/friendship can overcome anything.

We can technically call Hero "cheating" as Tactic and Strategy too, I guess.
Old 2020-09-09, 23:06   Link #291
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
In a war, every kind of tactic is legit.

In a competition, tactic that's not part of the previous agreement is called cheating no matter who you are. Doing a non-sportsmanship act should also result in a penalty if the tournament is actually legit and not rigged. In this case, the Hero School might as well use steroids.
Old 2020-09-10, 11:58   Link #292
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
One thing I admire author about this arc is that he managed to show the classic Hero vs Demon plot in the way that make Hero side looks bad even though what they do is normal thing in other shows.

For example:We think Heroes are idiots or arrogant for challenging Anos even after they see his power, but in other show where Hero side are protagonists, their action will be considered as the brave. Heroes won't give up just because Demon King are very powerful. They will continue to believe that their love/friendship can overcome anything.

One problem with this idea is that in those other shows, the demon lord has typically either been demonstrably connected to current atrocities or made it quite clear he would commit such atrocities unless stopped. Challenging a villain who needs to be stopped even knowing that you're outmatched is indeed brave and admirable. But in this case, they don't even have proof he's the demon king. He claims to be but hasn't actually done anything bad. In their eyes he's just a cocky guy from another school who makes wild claims about his power and title but has given them no clear reason to think he's done or plans to do anything bad, and even so they're charging in just for the sake of a good fight or a chance to demonstrate their supposed superiority. That's not bravery, that's arrogance and stupidity.

And yeah, as Obelisk said, I'd agree about their actions being a smart strategy in a war against an enemy, but not in a competition intended to compare skills and strength. Here, it's just a cheap way to make the demons feel humiliated and laugh at them.
Old 2020-09-10, 13:31   Link #293
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A lot would unfortunately make sense from the perspective of the heroes training and preparing to start a new war. In that sense their ugly tactics both serve to throw a slap at the other side first and whittle down their next generation of forces before things take off. A pretty horrible thing to prepare to start that conflict for no reason, but the morals of the heroes here has been questionable anyways. Only really Eleanor has looked good. And sadly something seems to have been done to her anyways.
Old 2020-09-11, 00:49   Link #294
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
A lot would unfortunately make sense from the perspective of the heroes training and preparing to start a new war.
Not really, because, as one of the "Heroes" said, they're using home advantage to the fullest. They're not even being clever about it or anything. If they want to prepare for war, they'd be better off getting ready for the demons to use their own home advantage, especially as the main demon magic is defensive while theirs is offensive.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-11, 03:21   Link #295
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If they want to prepare for war, they'd be better off getting ready for the demons to use their own home advantage, especially as the main demon magic is defensive while theirs is offensive.
Well considering the way the Hero's group is acting, i would say that the movement the Demons try to take Home Advantage, they would start complaining and say that Demons are weak because they can't against Hero without advantage.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 11:27   Link #296
Frontier

So maybe it's not the Hero Class's fault they're all a bunch of jerks towards the Demon Class and their race. It seems like Jerga's voice under the guise of Kanon has been brainwashing them into hating and wanting to kill all demons. Which makes me wonder what happened to Kanon's reincarnations that it would end up like this .

We meet the fourth Kanon reincarnation, Zeshia, who makes up for her small stature and lack of speech with lightning fast reflexes and skill with a sword. Even Anos seemed more considerate and impressed by her than he was the other reincarnations, though it probably helped that unlike the others it seems like she has no ill will and is just being used as a puppet. Really curious what her deal is .

It was nice to see Sasha and Lay get a few wins in against these Hero Academy scrubs, even using their own tools against them .

So they went for the whole heroic "collecting the will of everyone to empower ourselves" shtick, only here it's being used to help the jerks of the Hero Academy. And it was then promptly defeated by the Anos fangirls singing his theme song, because of course it is. Those girls should think about forming their own pop idol group .

That dude was dead the moment he touched Misha. Not only did he hurt Misha, but the entire behavior of this so called "Hero Class" is desecrating what the actual Kanon believed in and what Anos respected about him. No wonder he was so brutal with that teacher .

"I am...magic." That's...not really specific .
Old 2020-09-12, 12:21   Link #297
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Well that was confusing, looks like they were talking about 4 students with the Kanon name, but the instructor also had that name. I thought there were only 4.

Anos: "You heard her, get inside the shrine."
Misha: "I didn't expect to get painfully stabbed many times today."

We all know Anos alone is enough to turn all those humans to mush, but seeing Anos use his fanclub to beat those pricks with the same spell is very satisfying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"I am...magic." That's...not really specific .
Everyone's magic here Eleonor, you're not special
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 12:56   Link #298
arkhangelsk

Well, I'm sure the next episode would be where we see she is special.

So, they gave us the cartharsis, and then got on with the plot
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 13:02   Link #299
stray
aniki

Fangirls singing over that cheesy 90s beat made my week I think.

Looks like Eleanor isn't Kanon but she's still... something. A battery I guess?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-12, 13:26   Link #300
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm guessing this means the teacher is also a "reincarnation of Kanon". Which also fits with Anos telling him he most certainly is NOT Kanon. Makes sense, if they think that voice screaming "Kill them all" is Kanon then just like the Demon King Academy's tests, they're looking for the entirely wrong things when determining whether someone is an "incarnation". I'd guess they're maybe incarnations or Jerga, or at least they're under the control of something he left behind to fill everyone's hearts with hate.

And honestly it doesn't surprise me that their "spirit bomb"-style attack would be worthless. The gathered hatred of ten million is no match for the love of even a mere eight.