AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-09-11, 17:14   Link #7041
NapoleonDeCheese

Not to mention doing the illusion trap thing AGAIN, even if this time it's not a pleasant one, smacks too much of desperate rehash, but then again, UQ Holder has been that shameless about just recycling older stuff already.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 13:51   Link #7042
Shippuu
The Insatiable

Well, Baal's Nightmare Circus (heh) sure wiped the floor with them. Win or lose it's always a one-sided battle in UQ Holder. I do hope most of the people who died, supposedly or actually, do stay dead. The story could do with some serious consequences for once. No Kirie, Dana, Chao or anything else please. Unfortunately aside from the fact that Baal was behind it there were few answers to be had.
Honestly this chapter had quite a bit of nonsense in it. That's not unusual for UQ Holder but from Gengoro's literal video-game abilities (the stupidity and absurdity of which will never not make me angry) to magical internet viruses to Touta having translation apps installed (installed where? since when is he using a phone?) because of course. It was a bit much in one chapter. At least the designs were cool. About the only thing Akamatsu seems consistent at.

But a thought remains... what is the purpose of this arc? Why drag it out when it was basically over? I hope there is more to it than just a last-minute diabolus ex machina. If dead people was the goal then that could have easily happened during the final battle. It almost feels like a soft reset that could lead to years of new arcs but I don't think that's the intention.

Last edited by Shippuu; 2020-10-07 at 15:30.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 15:56   Link #7043
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippuu View Post
But a thought remains... what is the purpose of this arc? Why drag it out when it was basically over? I hope there is more to it than just a last-minute diabolus ex machina. If dead people was the goal then that could have easily happened during the final battle. It almost feels like a soft reset that could lead to years of new arcs but I don't think that's the intention.
Ken Akamatsu has definitely having this problem since Negima, as there's a lot of dumb roadblocks that either really didn't need to go out as long as they should or were completely unnecessary (the "Eight Days Later" arc, Zazie's sister, the Fate clones).
Old 2020-10-07, 19:20   Link #7044
NapoleonDeCheese

Baal's face in the opener is so exaggerated it's not scary, it's just lame and Narm.

All in all this chapter just proved how tiresome Touta is on his own. If the rest of the cast is really finished by now, there's not much of a point on going on. Just finish the damn thing already.

Also, 40 years of having been victorious, and yet the villains still haven't achieved their end goals despite having wiped all opposition off. That's some incompetence.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love