AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-14, 06:42   Link #321
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Anos is literally Dark Schneider if you removed all the machismo of the latter (and what the current culture consider as problematic), while still keeping the hilariously high power level to the point of parody.
Old 2020-09-19, 03:41   Link #322
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Anos is literally Dark Schneider if you removed all the machismo of the latter (and what the current culture consider as problematic), while still keeping the hilariously high power level to the point of parody.

Power Fantasy!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 12:06   Link #323
Frontier

Classy Anos magicking some clothes for Eleonore. I guess he already got a good gander at her naked, so no reason to leave her in the buff .

Jerga was behind everything, he had Kanon killed because he was too sympathetic to the demons and created the Hero Acadmey and an army of Zeshia and a spell fueled by his own hate to ensure that eventually the human side would once again enter into war with the demons and wipe them out. And the sad thing is, he got his wish for the war to begin anew .

So it sounds like Shinichiro Miki, Hikaru Midorikawa, and Junichi Suwabe are the last Demon Emperors? Pretty big casting for characters who end up getting one line a piece and don't actually do anything .

Anos isn't alone. He has friends and loyal subordinates at his side backing him up in trying to put a stop to this senseless and idiotic war .

What a tender moment between Lay and Misa...he even proposes! Of course, Misa was expecting a kiss, but a proposal is a solid alternative...of course, with the revelation at the end, it unfortunately might be a while before Misa gets that kiss .

So not only is Lay apparently actually Kanon's reincarnation...but he's also Avos and the true villain? He used his other sources to control the Demon Emperors? What the heck is going on!? Is this because he realized the humans could never truly live peacefully with the demons, so he planned to aid the demon side to annihilate the humans ?

I guess that still leaves the mystery of Shin's reincarnation. I guess he hasn't shown up yet .
Old 2020-09-19, 12:49   Link #324
BWTraveller
Born to ship

So much revealed in such a short time. So Lay is indeed Kanon, and he's actually possessed all his past memory this whole time. At the same time, he's the one that came up with the fake demon king, fusing six of his cores to six of the Emperors to erase their memories and convince them they're servants of Avos. Question is then, why did he feel it necessary to create such a scheme and maintain it for so long? That, and just who or what is he trying to save by doing so?

Also, I guess Kanon was right about the holy sword indicating Kanon's identity.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 12:49   Link #325
stray
aniki

So Kanon can reincarnate as a demon because its Tuesday and he felt like it. I thought there was a good chance Ray was Kanon but wasn't sure how the whole cross race thing worked.

What became of Eleanor though?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 12:55   Link #326
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
So Kanon can reincarnate as a demon because its Tuesday and he felt like it. I thought there was a good chance Ray was Kanon but wasn't sure how the whole cross race thing worked.

What became of Eleanor though?
Yeah, it seems like they kind of forgot about Eleanore when Avos and the Demon Emperors attacked .
Old 2020-09-19, 15:34   Link #327
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There are a few questions....like what happened with Eleonore? I suppose the massive war potentially breaking out was a rather pressing issue. But...is she ok? Is she free to move around as she pleases? Is she just going along with using her 'children' for this conflict since otherwise things could go rather badly? Story just kind of moved on and left her behind.

I suppose the main situation and focus needs to go to Kanon right now. Just what is he trying to do? Heck, just how did he even die? Getting stabbed in the back is bad for most people, but he has several sources and is the most powerful human alive. Would that really just end him? And I'll lean with Anos' viewpoint that Kanon has to be doing this in order to protect something. But who or what is he protecting? I can't see how starting a war helps anyone.

Some good surprises of course. I at least kept the possibility open that the 'Avos' we saw was actually Kanon. But I figured there was still a real Avos and Kanon would be manipulated by them. Instead...that's not quite what happened. Didn't have on the table that Kanon would be Ray and Avos at the same time.

Good thing we've got another episode since honestly I feel like we need it just to answer all these questions .
Old 2020-09-19, 16:26   Link #328
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

When I saw Avos take that sword, I immediately thought "that guy is totally Kanon, isn't he? The mysteriously disappeared Kanon." Which is kinda late. The 6 sources for 6 out of 7 Demon Emperors should have been enough. What I didn't see coming was that he was also Rey. WTH even was that shit with his mom?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 16:34   Link #329
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
When I saw Avos take that sword, I immediately thought "that guy is totally Kanon, isn't he? The mysteriously disappeared Kanon." Which is kinda late. The 6 sources for 6 out of 7 Demon Emperors should have been enough. What I didn't see coming was that he was also Rey. WTH even was that shit with his mom?
I have to wonder if he's reincarnated more than once for some reason or another and that's why he was "reborn" as Lay.
Old 2020-09-19, 17:04   Link #330
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

That was a nice explanation for what happened, it made sense considering what was revealed all throughout the series, though I never figured it out until a demon pulled out the holy sword since apparently only Kanon or a reincarnation of him can do that, which leaves only the guy who's good with swords, although it was only after Misa said that Lay vanished that it really clicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
There are a few questions....like what happened with Eleonore? I suppose the massive war potentially breaking out was a rather pressing issue. But...is she ok? Is she free to move around as she pleases? Is she just going along with using her 'children' for this conflict since otherwise things could go rather badly? Story just kind of moved on and left her behind.
Probably being forced to use her children by Diego, since almost all of the human army is composed of her clones. She's probably locked up again too. They're born from the same magic so she probably couldn't go against Diego and she's the weaker of the two. As for Anos leaving her and the time skip days later.. I have no answers for that

Quote:
I suppose the main situation and focus needs to go to Kanon right now. Just what is he trying to do? Heck, just how did he even die? Getting stabbed in the back is bad for most people, but he has several sources and is the most powerful human alive. Would that really just end him? And I'll lean with Anos' viewpoint that Kanon has to be doing this in order to protect something. But who or what is he protecting? I can't see how starting a war helps anyone.
We kinda have a problem here that I think needs to be resolved by next episode.

1. Kanon gets stabbed and killed. Eleonor herself said he was killed so we'd assume that's the truth and all his 7 sources couldn't protect him from a backstab.

2. Kanon needed to resurrect immediately as a demon to force Milheis to flee to that forest where he woke up. Is it even possible for a human to resurrect as a demon? We're talking about Kanon here so it's probably possible. How fast did he come up with this plan? Immediately after getting backstabbed?

3. He then does his thing, taking over 6 of the 7 emperors in around 100 years. Did he then die again and again for 2000 years, or was he alive for that entire timespan until Anos shows up? I'm assuming he got resurrected over and over again or else that bit about her mother being a sword spirit wouldn't make sense.

4. As for what he's protecting, pretty sure he knows what Jerga has done, that's why he said humans were weak. He was trying to break what Jerga did with the clones and Asc, now that he got his sword back he thinks he can do it. The prophecy about Kanon going back dispelling the darkness will be fulfilled in the end. I mean, my best guess would be Kanon making this Avos character, then killing Avos and saving the humans while breaking Jerga's spell. Now the Demon King and threat from demons is gone and the world is at peace and Anos could play around with his twins. The only question is why that legend was passed around in hero academy when they don't even know where Kanon is or anyone else who could use the sword.

5. The Shin sidestory was a distraction placed by the author to divert our attention away from Lay being Kanon. Kudos to everyone who figured it out once Lay was introduced

If there's one thing I've learned with this series, it's that if a male friend or sidekick tries and succeeds in stealing one of the members of the male lead's harem, it will turn out that he's the main villain all along

Last edited by frodonk; 2020-09-19 at 17:28.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 17:04   Link #331
Wandering Soul

So Lay is both hero Kanon and the fake demon king. I guess now the question here is what is his motivation for any of this? Maybe he still feels some resentment towards humanity for betraying him and wanting to continue the conflict. Come to think of it, how was that one stab enough to kill him?
Old 2020-09-19, 17:06   Link #332
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I have to wonder if he's reincarnated more than once for some reason or another and that's why he was "reborn" as Lay.
I'd guess if he is more talented than Anos at source magic then he could have reincarnated much sooner than Anos did. And then he could have popped up more than once along the way.

I'm still not sure what the heck Kanon is doing though. What was up with his mother? If he's Avos or has control over the other demon emperors why did he let that sort of thing happen? His sources are being used to control them and he didn't seem to have any issue using the remaining 3 under his control to start up this conflict.

Honestly the questions just pile up endlessly. Why did he do any of this? Is he trying to protect someone or something through this? To stop the control Jerga has over humanity/heroes through Asc? Or to straight up wipe out humanity since he's totally lost faith in them? I just don't know.

The next episode is huge since...there are so many things that need clearing up here

Edit: And yeah only just caught frodonk's reply up above. Plenty of good stuff for me to think about there .
Old 2020-09-19, 17:11   Link #333
Frontier

I'm wondering now if the Misa relationship is entirely new for him or if Misa is a reincarnation of one of Kanon's companions and that's why he was so interested in her. Like that Spirit girl he fought Anos and Shin with ?
Old 2020-09-19, 17:24   Link #334
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
I'm still not sure what the heck Kanon is doing though. What was up with his mother? If he's Avos or has control over the other demon emperors why did he let that sort of thing happen? His sources are being used to control them and he didn't seem to have any issue using the remaining 3 under his control to start up this conflict.
His mother's issue wasn't something he could've done anything about, all he could do was give her the best care in the best demon hospital I guess. It's not like he could use the emperors to spread the word about his mother like what Anos did. That's why he's sasuga Anos-sama, making the impossible possible.

Even Anos said he got fooled with what happened during Milheis' attack on Lay's mother, so there might be something there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm wondering now if the Misa relationship is entirely new for him or if Misa is a reincarnation of one of Kanon's companions and that's why he was so interested in her. Like that Spirit girl he fought Anos and Shin with ?
There's too little info about Kanon's companions to know, all we know was that they were a god and a fairy/elf. Also people had hinted that Misa's arc/story is spoiler territory for the anime, so we know there's more to explore in that direction.
Old 2020-09-19, 18:42   Link #335
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The obvious answer why the backstab killed Kanon is that he had already taken over the Demon Emperors at that point and only had one source left. I'm assuming he was powerful enough to cross the wall as he pleased. As for why he did all this, no clue.

Ray being Kanon's reincarnation wasn't surprising for me but him being Avos and having fooled Anos all along sure was. The events of the magic sword tournament arc had cleared my suspicions of him.
Old 2020-09-19, 19:10   Link #336
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wait, what's preventing Anos from freeing Eleonore and obliterating Diego and his forces right there & then when Avos took the holy sword and went away? If he did that, at least he would've neutralized one side of this big conflict.

I feel some real rushing this episode.

Also, damn, those 4 demon generals under Anos are no slouch. They took out the other 3 generals quickly like it's garbage day .
Old 2020-09-19, 21:35   Link #337
moridin84
Custom User Title

I think that when Kanon is "killed" he dies there and revived somewhere else.

So even though Jerga killed him, Kanon could have come back and dealt with him but decided against it.

Another possibility is that Kanon's other sources were on the other side of the human/demon barrier and it wasn't possible to cross it.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-20, 01:05   Link #338
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wait, what's preventing Anos from freeing Eleonore and obliterating Diego and his forces right there & then when Avos took the holy sword and went away? If he did that, at least he would've neutralized one side of this big conflict.
"Look! These demon students had just killed our beloved teacher who had warned us again and again that demons are dangerous! They've also used this exchange program to sneak in and take the holy sword! I knew demons can't be trusted!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The obvious answer why the backstab killed Kanon is that he had already taken over the Demon Emperors at that point and only had one source left. I'm assuming he was powerful enough to cross the wall as he pleased. As for why he did all this, no clue.
It wouldn't have made sense to take over the emperors right after Anos had killed himself and built the wall, unless Kanon isn't as heroic as we thought he is, since they had agreed to end the conflict once Anos had sacrificed himself to divide the world.
Old 2020-09-20, 01:50   Link #339
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
"Look! These demon students had just killed our beloved teacher who had warned us again and again that demons are dangerous! They've also used this exchange program to sneak in and take the holy sword! I knew demons can't be trusted!!!"
And the above reason is enough to make Anos back down from saving Eleanore (like he said he would) and just left her in that dungeon to suffer days longer?
Old 2020-09-20, 02:07   Link #340
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And the above reason is enough to make Anos back down from saving Eleanore (like he said he would) and just left her in that dungeon to suffer days longer?
Looks like it since that's what happened. Note that Anos also couldn't have just acted on his own since he's with a teacher and classmates/injured 3rd year students, and he probably didn't have a good enough plan at that moment to save Eleonor. He probably also thought getting the sword back is more important or is needed to resolve Eleonor's situation. This is all speculation though since all we know for sure was that there was a timeskip of a few days.