AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-04-15, 02:42   Link #1
wuhugm
Confused Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shadow Space
Thumbs down Hachinan tte, Sore wa nai Deshou! [WN]

Original Title : 八男って、それはないでしょう!
Author : Y.A
Illustrator : Choco Fuji
Publisher : MF Books
Status : 4 LN volumes ; 156 WN chapters

Webnovel : Shosetsu
Translation : Rhinabolla

Spoiler for synopsis:


Spoiler for Cover Illustrations:


Spoiler for Light Novel Illustrations:


A few days ago someone recommended this novel to me and I tried it and got hooked up quickly. Currently I have read 105 chapters, because of this I haven't had a chance to read the new chapters of other WN like Death March and Isekai Mahou and since there's no thread for this yet I decided to make one.

The MC of this novel is very similar to Rudeus or Satou Pendragon, both personality and power as in the extremely large magic capacity, capability of using almost any magic, and it's terrifying firepower. But unlike Mushoku and Death March, this novel focuses on his nariagari as a noble rather than the adventure. It's outlook on nobility is more realistic than Death March and is very interesting.

The earlier chapters are short and the writing is kinda repetitive, but after 20 chapters or so, the chapters become very very long, maybe even longer than Ryuusei and the writing is getting better. But the most important thing is this novel is very rewarding, such as his gain in status and power and also in H department

Last edited by wuhugm; 2016-03-29 at 22:43.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 02:59   Link #2
travelingbum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
hmmmm well I guess the usual LN changes to their age happened....
or I had the wrong impression about certain female characters cause some are taller/bigger than what I expected.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 03:05   Link #3
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
I remember reading a big chunk of chapters of this after someone told me that.....

Spoiler:


To the point I have read before "taking a break", my dreams are yet to come true

While it's true that the politics aspect of the guy's life are interesting, I found most other sides of him to be pretty plain and boring. I'm a little interested by his selection of weapon (he trained as an archer), but in the end he became another boring "do it all" mc eventually.

It was funny how the position of first wife was actually stolen from the initial girls , well; that's related to the "realistic politics" side of the series.


(Most images don't work, btw).
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 03:14   Link #4
setsuna86
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Original Title : 八男って、それはないでしょう!
Author : Y.A
Illustrator : Choco Fuji
Publisher : MF Books
Status : 4 LN volumes ; 156 WN chapters

Webnovel : Shosetsu

Spoiler for synopsis:


Spoiler for Cover Illustrations:


Spoiler for Light Novel Illustrations:


A few days ago someone recommended this novel to me and I tried it and got hooked up quickly. Currently I have read 105 chapters, because of this I haven't had a chance to read the new chapters of other WN like Death March and Isekai Mahou and since there's no thread for this yet I decided to make one.

The MC of this novel is very similar to Rudeus or Satou Pendragon, both personality and power as in the extremely large magic capacity, capability of using almost any magic, and it's terrifying firepower. But unlike Mushoku and Death March, this novel focuses on his nariagari as a noble rather than the adventure. It's outlook on nobility is more realistic than Death March and is very interesting.

The earlier chapters are short and the writing is kinda repetitive, but after 20 chapters or so, the chapters become very very long, maybe even longer than Ryuusei and the writing is getting better. But the most important thing is this novel is very rewarding, such as his gain in status and power and also in H department
Ok, could you please answer the usual questions?
Spoiler for Namely:
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 03:17   Link #5
wuhugm
Confused Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shadow Space
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I remember reading a big chunk of chapters of this after someone told me that.....

Spoiler:


To the point I have read before "taking a break", my dreams are yet to come true

While it's true that the politics aspect of the guy's life are interesting, I found most other sides of him to be pretty plain and boring. I'm a little interested by his selection of weapon (he trained as an archer), but in the end he became another boring "do it all" mc eventually.

It was funny how the position of first wife was actually stolen from the initial girls , well; that's related to the "realistic politics" side of the series.


(Most images don't work, btw).
Spoiler:


The combat and adventure are being put aside, up to the point of my last read chapter, he hasn't utilized his elemental sword and magic armor materialization in any fight...

usual :
as OP as Rudeus
Real harem like Mushoku
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 03:29   Link #6
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
I stopped reading last year about 130 chapters in (chapter 100), the empire arc was boring me to tears.
I'm about 25 chapters behind, I'll probably binge read it once it hits 50+ or so.

He has the bad habit of using the same jokes over and over once it gets popular.
Yeah yeah the muscle mage was funny at first but then it gets stale and annoying.

Still though, it's one of the better novels on the site.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 03:31   Link #7
lemonedSM
the show must go on
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: seven seas of rhye
i remember reading the translation for this WN/LN somewhere.
__________________
lemonedSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 03:35   Link #8
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Ok, could you please answer the usual questions?
Spoiler for Namely:
Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah yeah the muscle mage was funny at first but then it gets stale and annoying.
It's funny how stories where "mages" are ->mages<- are almost impossible to find (specially if they are MCs), rather than the "mage" being some idiot who grabs a sword or a gun or also has super strength
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

Last edited by Okashira; 2015-04-16 at 12:16.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 03:41   Link #9
wuhugm
Confused Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shadow Space
Raising the Dead is MT-ing this, only 2 chapters on their site

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I stopped reading last year about 130 chapters in (chapter 100), the empire arc was boring me to tears.
I'm about 25 chapters behind, I'll probably binge read it once it hits 50+ or so.

He has the bad habit of using the same jokes over and over once it gets popular.
Yeah yeah the muscle mage was funny at first but then it gets stale and annoying.

Still though, it's one of the better novels on the site.
There are boring parts here and there because of it's lengthy explanations of aforementioned facts, but I can tolerate that since the other components make up for that.

That Armstrong muscle uncle... I never thought he would become a regular member... and he even getting stronger and stronger like the MC... I got a feeling something bad will happen to him

^Okashira

You forgot Katalina, the Purple Drill Magician
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 03:55   Link #10
dullman
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonedSM View Post
i remember reading the translation for this WN/LN somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Raising the Dead is MT-ing this, only 2 chapters on their site
As i get really interested in this WN i found that rhinabolla translating this novel with 29 chapters done
dullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 04:41   Link #11
wuhugm
Confused Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shadow Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullman View Post
As i get really interested in this WN i found that rhinabolla translating this novel with 29 chapters done
Oh, you're right, lemme add that to the 1st post
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 04:41   Link #12
watisit
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Is the MC OP?

He has the most MP out of all humans. Though there are people who can use magic more effectively than him, and there's one super-strong melee magician.

Is there Harem?

The girls in the colored picture and the one below that are all his harem.
In order of appearance
Louise (fighter) & Iina (lancer): Met during adventuring school
Elize (priestess): Daughter of the pope(? the highest religious authority in the kingdom).
Welma (axe-wielder): Adopted daughter of some military officer (quite high ranked). Has superhuman strength and appetite

There are others but I'll leave them out for now.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 04:43   Link #13
lemonedSM
the show must go on
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: seven seas of rhye
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullman View Post
As i get really interested in this WN i found that rhinabolla translating this novel with 29 chapters done
nice find!

GT is giving me headache.
__________________
lemonedSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 05:26   Link #14
obnuchious
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Spoilers for these questions:

1. does he visit his home ever again?
2. does he meet up with his favored elder brother?
3. what about his other brothers?
4. how old is he at the moment (WN release)?
5. does the MC bring his harem to his secret hideout(island)?
6. does he introduce soy sauce to the world?
7. how goes his relationship with the current lord (the one introduced in WN ch28)?
8. his inherited mansion, does he live alone or with others there?
9. does he invent magic tools that were inspired from our world?
10. is he gunning for someone in his harem, someone else outside, or none at the moment?

Sorry for the number of spoiler questions XD
__________________
Something I did to pass the time: https://www.fictionpress.com/u/997198/
========
Oxygen was first discovered in 1783. How could people breathe back then?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 05:29   Link #15
travelingbum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
Spoilers for these questions:

1. does he visit his home ever again?
2. does he meet up with his favored elder brother?
3. what about his other brothers?
4. how old is he at the moment (WN release)?
5. does the MC bring his harem to his secret hideout(island)?
6. does he introduce soy sauce to the world?
7. how goes his relationship with the current lord (the one introduced in WN ch28)?
8. his inherited mansion, does he live alone or with others there?
9. does he invent magic tools that were inspired from our world?
10. is he gunning for someone in his harem, someone else outside, or none at the moment?

Sorry for the number of spoiler questions XD
Spoiler for :

Last edited by travelingbum; 2015-04-15 at 06:42.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 05:56   Link #16
obnuchious
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
you said the M word . . . with whom? single or multiple (like a certain gray rat)???
__________________
Something I did to pass the time: https://www.fictionpress.com/u/997198/
========
Oxygen was first discovered in 1783. How could people breathe back then?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 06:43   Link #17
travelingbum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
you said the M word . . . with whom? single or multiple (like a certain gray rat)???
it's still the first page and already answered.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 07:00   Link #18
Stinkt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
It seems to be the type of novel that i like, thanks OP.

How do you compare the WN with the LN?
__________________
Looking for LN/WN with TRUE relationship/harem. PM me

WN/LN - Reading: Zhan Long World Teacher Arifureta Legendary Moonlight Scupltor Re:Monster Suterareta Yuusha Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Martial God Asura Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi Hisshou Dungeon Risou no Himo Seikatsu Yuusha Party no Kawaii ko ga ita no de

Dropped: Tate no Yuusha Nejimaki Seirei Senki Yobidasa Reta Satsuriku-sha
Stinkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 09:11   Link #19
wuhugm
Confused Tiger
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shadow Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkt View Post
It seems to be the type of novel that i like, thanks OP.

How do you compare the WN with the LN?
All major events seem present in the LN as well, albeit some text reductions as always...

The MC is getting more ruthless and lecherous lately nice change from the usual gentleman MC in LN
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 10:13   Link #20
watisit
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Very rough summary of story so far
Spoiler for :

This isn't everything but I'm tired so I'll stop it here.

But some major plot points from later
Spoiler for :

Last edited by watisit; 2015-04-15 at 10:30.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hachinan, harem, marriage, noble, true harem, webnovel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.