AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-25, 00:08   Link #5861
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

In the grim darkness of the far classroom there is only math?

(On another note, am not used to using the SC2 chatrooms)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 00:32   Link #5862
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Look no amount of moe isn't going to save me from 40,000 hours of math hw.
I always thought Maths homework is know it or don't. If the lecturer teaches everything in technical nobody passes. Math is a pretty fundamental thing you know, understanding, not memory is required.

Anyway, sorry guys. I just couldn't resist the urge of trying out a new strategy when I am the guy out front.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 01:28   Link #5863
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Look no amount of moe isn't going to save me from 40,000 hours of math hw.
Place thyself in the hands of moe and the moe shall deliverith unto thou answers.

Spoiler for ...:
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 04:06   Link #5864
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unless the math teacher requires you to show your work.....
Old 2011-01-25, 08:46   Link #5865
JuGG

I'm a bronze leaguer all the way... wahoo!

But seriously, I'm really quite poor at starcraft II. When it first came out I was playing 1v1 and 2v2 with a flat mate and online quite regularily but he got bored of it and I got more work so I had less and less time to play. And now, finally getting some time to revisit it, I find myself to be rubbish beyond compare. I can't even decide on a race to play and I don't think I'm going to be climbing much higher than bronze 50 *sigh*.

So, any advice? At the moment I'm staying offline and building up with random vs random medium cpu to see what I decide on. I'm 50 matches down the line and can beat the computer under 10 minutes every time (though I know that it should be pretty easy to do that). What should I do to improve now?
Old 2011-01-25, 11:06   Link #5866
Who

^Play against people. Computers are extremely predictable in their builds. And by playing people, watch replays of your games, even the ones you lost. Actually, especially the ones you lost. You learn more from your losses than your wins.

You could always ask the people on this thread to practice with you if you want.
Old 2011-01-25, 11:07   Link #5867
demonfang

Need to learn the hotkeys and macro. Pump workers and units like there's no tomorrow. Pretty much means you need to expand early and deny enemy expo.
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 12:07   Link #5868
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Anyone try smashcraft yet? Very skill intensive, and it has Daisuke Ishiwatari music ^______^
Old 2011-01-25, 20:51   Link #5869
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Anyone try smashcraft yet? Very skill intensive, and it has Daisuke Ishiwatari music ^______^
Please explain smashcraft to me o.o?
Old 2011-01-25, 21:05   Link #5870
Kagayaki

Now this would be an AI that would be interesting to play against... (although you would never actually be able to beat it)

Apparently, they had the first ever Starcraft AI competition this October (with Brood War). This is an explanation of how the winning agent (from a 13-person research team at UC Berkeley) was programmed:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...ompetition.ars

The team's homepage is here http://overmind.cs.berkeley.edu/

Maybe it's just because I'm a computer science nerd, but I think this is amazing.
Old 2011-01-25, 22:05   Link #5871
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, that's definitely exciting. We were discussing about this the other day with some other CS people. Definitely worth a watch.

Other than that, SC2 anyone?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 23:57   Link #5872
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am on. Only Proto and Ying are.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-01-26, 00:01   Link #5873
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
My internet is capped till the 7th of next month... so unfortunately no for me for a while

This means I can't watch the GSL finals live. Fuuu-
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 00:22   Link #5874
InitialGT

lol sucks to be capped like you

i got no caps. i'm probably over 400gigs this month
InitialGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 00:28   Link #5875
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If my ISP starts capping internets then the Parliament house will be burned down the next day......it is a state-owned enterprise.

Old 2011-01-26, 01:40   Link #5876
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze took too much time away from the game and now I'm just ridiculously rusty . Least after a few days getting some flow back to my attacks. Though expanding is still off and could be quicker.
Old 2011-01-26, 02:09   Link #5877
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Anyone tried out the new custom maps? Left 2 Die? Chef of Aiur?

Tried left 2 die, it's fun but it's not challenging enough.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 13:07   Link #5878
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
^Play against people. Computers are extremely predictable in their builds. And by playing people, watch replays of your games, even the ones you lost. Actually, especially the ones you lost. You learn more from your losses than your wins.

You could always ask the people on this thread to practice with you if you want.
I know computers are predictable but they don't smack talk and they don't own me too hard. I should definately go against some people this week then (and I'll keep an eye on my replays too, to often I just delete them. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfang View Post
Need to learn the hotkeys and macro. Pump workers and units like there's no tomorrow. Pretty much means you need to expand early and deny enemy expo.
I've got the hotkeys down (with only the odd mistake here and there) and my macro isn't too bad. Expanding is a tricky thing for me as I tend to do it at the worst possible moment and being penalised for overstretching and also my micro isn't great enough to fight on multiple fronts really. I suppose that will come in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Now this would be an AI that would be interesting to play against... (although you would never actually be able to beat it)

Apparently, they had the first ever Starcraft AI competition this October (with Brood War). This is an explanation of how the winning agent (from a 13-person research team at UC Berkeley) was programmed:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...ompetition.ars

The team's homepage is here http://overmind.cs.berkeley.edu/

Maybe it's just because I'm a computer science nerd, but I think this is amazing.
I spotted that on Joystiq and checked it out and my god is that some incredible programming skills to make such a detailed AI. I was really impressed!
Old 2011-01-26, 13:14   Link #5879
Who

^But that's why I suggested to practice with people on this thread. We don't really talk smack.

You've got people in all ranks (except probably Master) here. Starting with me being Bronze/Silver.
Old 2011-01-26, 13:19   Link #5880
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
^But that's why I suggested to practice with people on this thread. We don't really talk smack.

You've got people in all ranks (except probably Master) here. Starting with me being Bronze/Silver.
I bet you will. You'll be throwing the curses all over the shop.
...okay, maybe not, I believe you. Next time I'm online I'll drop into the channel and play some matches. I'm not upto playing today though as I'm feeling pretty rough and I think strategic thinking may just melt my brain. Maybe I should finish Fate/stay instead. (has to be careful, knows that he'll end up playing for hours if he doesn't control himself.)

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows