AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 19:26   Link #1401
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No. You have to shell out gold.
Yes I know like I said I wish there was an alternative to spending real cash (gold) like how there is for buying premium ammo (with the drop box to select so many thousand creds instead of a few gold).

Willx I'll stick with it and train the crew up for the time being and hopefully it'll grow on me like the T49 did.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 19:32   Link #1402
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
This is why you have to check the Accelerate Crew Training box above the crew list on the Elite tanks once you elite them, so the tank stops accumulating Research experience.
Old 2013-01-06, 20:33   Link #1403
willx
Nyaaan~~

Flawless Victory! (first one I've seen and it's on my team!)

Old 2013-01-06, 23:14   Link #1404
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Because the Konigstiger is HOT!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 23:21   Link #1405
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Agree. Here's a somewhat "random" game in the KT where "up and over, boys!" works the way it's supposed to, in that people panic seeing an enemy heavy smash through -- note I distracted them enough that they totally ignore the 1% IS-6 that is clobbering them..

It's not impressive from a kills or damage perspective at all, but it was one of those times where things clicked and it was kind of neat to behold! I dub it, Charge of the Bengal Tiger!

Old 2013-01-07, 03:06   Link #1406
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Rarely do I get a bragging moment, but boy this was a doozy:

Spoiler for Spoilered for Size:

Take note this was in Sand River, and our team started on the northern side. As the slowpoke that I was, I had to go north with the bulk of the army... Who for some odd reason got theirselves annihilated on the hill, but not before knocking out those there too. So I pushed on my merry way toward where the arty was, before continuing south... But by that time the city force was annihilated too.

Still 3 minutes though, no pressure. Destroyed the wespe on the way, as well as the M4 creeping up on me, then it was onto the town. The TDs went to the dunes rather than capturing, but I spotted them, and used the Churchill's ROF to knock them out. The last TD hit itself while I capped, but my team said that it'd pop up to ruin the cap, so I had to chase after it. It was close enough, so I ran it down while shooting.

Funny note: my teammates kept on telling me not to expose my sides. Shows what little they know eh?
Old 2013-01-07, 03:41   Link #1407
Blaat

I'm honestly surprised how effective the 10,5 cm kwk 42/28k (the German equivalent of the M4 derp gun) is on higher tiers on my VK3601 (H)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Enjoying my Easy Eight so far. Have final gun, still working on final suspension and turret. The starting suspension gets tracked ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

But when I'm thinking clearly and the terrain is good, we have things like solo kills on this KV-1. Even if I had to shoot it twelve times. (But hey, five crits on him, including a wee bit of burning.)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

(And I know the KV is a tier down, but the E8 isn't going to survive too many hits either.)
Great nickname.

Anyway the guns are the biggest reason why I don't want go through Tier 6 US medium line. I thought the 76mm M1A2 was really poor and inadequate for Tier 6 and higher battles on my M6. To make matters worse the gun isn't even an upgrade compared with M1A1 in terms of damage and penetration only in rpm.

Tier 7 medium looks a lot better with the 90mm gun M3.
Old 2013-01-07, 03:41   Link #1408
LeoXiao
思想工作

The Churchill can be such an OP tank...sometimes. But 1100xp without premium or 3x, that's really quite good for tier 5.

I just had my first real battle with my new clanmates. Turns out that my Chinese listening skills aren't too good when it comes to guys yelling commands at you in slurred Taiwanese accents over microphones of varying quality. We lost due to us all rushing one direction, but I was the last guy left alive. Then my mom came in and yelled at me to get to sleep (which I haven't done yet).
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 07:26   Link #1409
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Agree. Here's a somewhat "random" game in the KT where "up and over, boys!" works the way it's supposed to, in that people panic seeing an enemy heavy smash through -- note I distracted them enough that they totally ignore the 1% IS-6 that is clobbering them..

It's not impressive from a kills or damage perspective at all, but it was one of those times where things clicked and it was kind of neat to behold! I dub it, Charge of the Bengal Tiger!
That kind of thing reminds me of the beta days when you would sometimes see people in the Elefant. I remember one time an Elefant just straight up charged all by himself and there was nothing that could be done to stop him. The Elefant in beta was so viciously gunned and thickly armored that it was literally like watching a container ship going in for the kill.

Now that is how you work a super-heavy tank.
Old 2013-01-07, 08:53   Link #1410
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

First game with Cent 7 using the 105mm L7A1 and I almost have top gun! (missed the shot that would give me the medal T_T) just show how deadly of a sniper Cent is when it have such an awesome gun. ( I was the only surviving sniper of that position even without 6th sense )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Because the Konigstiger is HOT!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

- Tak
My Centurion Mk. 7 is HOTTER

Last edited by Kimidori; 2013-01-07 at 11:57.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 10:01   Link #1411
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

How do you all snap these 'clean' screenshots anyway?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 10:31   Link #1412
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
How do you all snap these 'clean' screenshots anyway?
.... press "V"
Old 2013-01-07, 12:44   Link #1413
Tak

Ascaloth, haven't seen you on for a while

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-01-07, 12:45   Link #1414
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
My newest toy:

Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 13:07   Link #1415
Tak

That looks like a disgustingly modern tank. What is it

- Tak

Old 2013-01-07, 13:16   Link #1416
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Conqueror
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 14:43   Link #1417
Blaat

Looks great, grats.

So 13 kills in 37 matches with KV-1s, the gun is shit, awful truly awful. So out of sheer frustration with the tank I used all my global research points (8k) to research the 122 mm gun.

Oh boy... ohhhhhhhhhhhhh boy. I have to say the reload time is brutal but ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy.
Old 2013-01-07, 15:34   Link #1418
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Looks great, grats.

So 13 kills in 37 matches with KV-1s, the gun is shit, awful truly awful. So out of sheer frustration with the tank I used all my global research points (8k) to research the 122 mm gun.

Oh boy... ohhhhhhhhhhhhh boy. I have to say the reload time is brutal but ohhhhhhhhhhhh boy.
the long 122mm... oh boy, even it makes tier 8 tanks fear you
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 15:49   Link #1419
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I just got the KV-1S yesterday, and wow does it suck. When the 50% crew does manage to hit something, the stock gun simply bounces. I have the 122 from the KV-1 researched and ready to install, however, I spent nearly everything I had just to get the KV-1S. I'm going to have to raise money with other tier 5s and 6s to be able to afford some of the upgrades I've already researched and get the crew trained to 75%. We'll see how effective it will be after that.

Endless "Grinding" Soul
Old 2013-01-07, 16:33   Link #1420
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I just got the KV-1S yesterday, and wow does it suck. When the 50% crew does manage to hit something, the stock gun simply bounces. I have the 122 from the KV-1 researched and ready to install, however, I spent nearly everything I had just to get the KV-1S. I'm going to have to raise money with other tier 5s and 6s to be able to afford some of the upgrades I've already researched and get the crew trained to 75%. We'll see how effective it will be after that.

Endless "Grinding" Soul
Hey man, don't knock the KV-1S. It's one of my favorite tanks in the game!

... To shoot at in my Churchill.

Once you start derping out the gun on the KV-1S it becomes a lot more effective. The KV series gets some very damaging guns on them, and tends to be nicely armored. The problem is that a lot of those tanks have terrible angles on the turrets and hull.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks