AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 08:06   Link #3881
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

If you find the story annoys you, I'd recommend you stop reading it then. That's what I did with highschool dxd

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 08:17   Link #3882
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Well iread the story til volume 4 to be exact ....i have a question.....

does anyone think that mariya yuri is an unnecessary character??? honestly does she have any other role than being the "daily tsundere girl?"

honestly until now it only pisses me off and whenever i read the parts where she gets angry towards godou for no reason it makes me want to kill her.....and it also causes me to stop reading until i have calmed down.....

so being honest about it... how can a character so annoying and powerless as her still be in the series.....if i were godou i would assert my position about, her being wrong, with an angry display of power so she shuts the hell up.....

i pity him.....abuse from erica, mariya, lucretia, liliana......that would be too much for me...i would give them a taste of the "devil king" so they would learn their place
I ask you this, what is Godou's trump card in his fights against gods? The [Sword] which can only be activated when he has enough knowledge. Since he knows nothing of these things, it is the job of the girks to help him with it through their 'ritual'. And yes, while the other girls can also do the said 'ritual', the best and quickest results come through Yuri's spirit vision, as has been mentioned a number of times by the other girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
If you find the story annoys you, I'd recommend you stop reading it then. That's what I did with highschool dxd
Wow, you didn't like DxD, well I'm not judging but there still are some people out there who don't enjoy a story like that still surprises me
Old 2012-09-14, 08:22   Link #3883
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I've read better and I don't like Issei or his views on women or the shallowness of most of the female chars in the LN. But to be fair, that's not specific to that LN

Old 2012-09-14, 09:13   Link #3884
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
I've read better and I don't like Issei or his views on women or the shallowness of most of the female chars in the LN. But to be fair, that's not specific to that LN
Hm, that's fair .. how far did you read might I ask? Because if you read V1/2 and then read a certain chapter in V10 .. it might blow your mind in how "not shallow" it can be.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 09:22   Link #3885
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
isn't in DxD each of character has it's own volume for their own development?[if you read it]

oh well that is out of topic

is Godou desire unleashed in volume 9?
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 09:25   Link #3886
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Let not discuss nor compare other novels on this thread.
Don't want another which novel is better fight.

Anyway @Ken Sanders, Sorry mate, you read MY spoiler and thought it's was real. Cough Cough.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 09:47   Link #3887
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hm, that's fair .. how far did you read might I ask? Because if you read V1/2 and then read a certain chapter in V10 .. it might blow your mind in how "not shallow" it can be.
up to Volume 8

Old 2012-09-14, 10:06   Link #3888
csuree
The Most Hated™

anyway the only thing that annoys me in this particular story is only mariya yuri.....

the rest is very good....only that little character bugs me.....no real meaning to her as godou could ask any mage (erica liliana lucretia) and they will know anything about any god......so mariya is like the extra wheel of the extra wheel on the bike when you learn to ride.

you could dump her and the story would still be interesting.....
she preaches of how shameless can the other girls be...truth be told she is just as shameless in given situations.....
so a frigid, hyppocrite little priestess should not preach about the modern days values when she does those very things that she considers shameless....

i only hate her.. not the story....

and BTW... in DxD.....issei is a jerk who only looks at women for carnal desires.. and the girls are all slutty.......the story is good if you want to read something erotic... but if you value a well-developed plot than.....find another LN (i don't say DXD is not good....but it is too sexist)
Old 2012-09-14, 10:13   Link #3889
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Well.. I did dislike Yuri quite a bit at the beginning, but she becomes more and more necessary later on it seems..

Particularly in V4 and V7 we find out that people don't actually know enough about these gods or there is more to them than in the books so her spirit vision and now her youth-form "vision conferencing services" are actually quite essential to the party.
Old 2012-09-14, 10:14   Link #3890
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

mariya has the strongest divination ability, no one even comes close. The rest of the girls have to depend on actually being able to know the god to help godou and if they don't, well...tough luck. See vol. 4 where they couldn't figure out which god Perseus was until Lily had divine inspiration.

Old 2012-09-14, 10:33   Link #3891
Kadi
知識の探求者

The good thing about Campione is that the girls actually show character development and get over their issues, gaining more confidence in the process. It just takes them a bit of time and it doesn't hit you over the head with it all the time.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:36   Link #3892
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

the good thing about campione is that it doesn't follow the old cliche formula of 'oh girl has issues with main char, lets devote 1 vol to get them to fall in love with main char and show their (tragic) backstory and then never ever expand upon it again'

Old 2012-09-14, 12:15   Link #3893
XFire
150% done

Quote:
the good thing about campione is that it doesn't follow the old cliche formula of 'oh girl has issues with main char, lets devote 1 vol to get them to fall in love with main char and show their (tragic) backstory and then never ever expand upon it again'
This, so much. The author never stops developing each of the characters, which lends them a much greater amount of realism than is normal for a harem series.

Spoiler for off-topic:DxD:
Old 2012-09-14, 12:56   Link #3894
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Well.. I did dislike Yuri quite a bit at the beginning, but she becomes more and more necessary later on it seems..

Particularly in V4 and V7 we find out that people don't actually know enough about these gods or there is more to them than in the books so her spirit vision and now her youth-form "vision conferencing services" are actually quite essential to the party.
Yuri is a very useful tool. I don't like her attitude though. I prefer Liliana and Erica best. She's lucky the campione of Japan is someone as easy to manipulated and goodhearted as Goudo.

When we see a bug, we normally ignore it. But if the bug annoys us, we'll squash it. It applies to campione crushing normal people. I don't think campione and gods should view humans as their equal since humans kill animals easily. I don't count too low class animal like hydra or sponge to have mind, but I think bugs and above have their own thought, yet we simply crushing them. We also kill pigs and chickens as food, while breeding them in the worst condition for animal to live.

I think what all gods and tyrannical campiones do is normal. They're not humans, why would they give a shit about killing us? And in turn we should find a way to get rid of them.

Hell, when we have a good guy like Goudo, human still complains...

If I were Goudo I'll let Yuri wear erotic miko costume with visible breasts all time if she dares nagging me for things I don't hold responsibility for. Hell, won't you be mad if someone calling you an asshole living a life of debauchery when you never want to do that?

Goudo is someone who doesn't want to live like his family does. He tries to escape his fate, yet someone getting possessive of him and nagging him about this. I tolerate Liliana because of her ponytail but I can't forgive Yuri.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 12:58   Link #3895
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Oh dear. Kleeyook. "Your" ideal Godou isn't a hero at all. More of an anti-hero
Old 2012-09-14, 13:02   Link #3896
Miraluka
Banned

Still if not for her powers Yuri is pretty much annoying.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 13:13   Link #3897
Awrya
U mad?

If Godou would force her to wear something like that, he'd be exactly the kind of person Mariya described him to be.

And I agree, her lectures/delusions/whatever they are called are pretty annoying most of the time.
Old 2012-09-14, 13:28   Link #3898
havensgate
skull one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I tolerate Liliana because of her ponytail but I can't forgive Yuri.
lol so we just have to make mariya tied her hair in ponytail and she will be forgiven
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 13:52   Link #3899
erdii

no seems to talk about "the lone man" at the end of godou's dream. ı thought it was interesting
Old 2012-09-14, 13:53   Link #3900
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
lol so we just have to make mariya tied her hair in ponytail and she will be forgiven
I think that was sarcasm.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem