AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky☆Star - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 197 43.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 127 28.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 72 16.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 3.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.33%
Voters: 450. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-04-24, 15:57   Link #201
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

This anime was almost there, but it can't edge Kanon 2006 from my number 1 favourite anime.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 00:31   Link #202
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Someone nearly tried blowing up Konata's house because he didn't like it (but of course everyone knows it).

I still need more time to watch the others XD.
Old 2009-06-30, 07:16   Link #203
KonataChan
Lucky Star Fan

my faviourite anime of all time ^^ though they couldve done with more episodes
Old 2009-07-01, 14:07   Link #204
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
sorry to bring this back up, as for the sake of the newer generation Lucky Star fans (WTH am i m talking about!? )

well after rewatching several eps, there is someting still bugging me
is Konata going to be okay when she grew older? well, because of what her dad just said,

Soujiro : "promise that you don't die before me Konata-chan"

makes me feel worried about her health condition , did she also inherted her mom's illness or something that was passed down the Izumi family tree, that is causing their body growth problems?

& the same thing also happens to Yukata-chan?

or i'm just seeing too much Clannad vibes right now X_X

i hope her father's genes managed to stop that from happening if it does exist...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 21:02   Link #205
NagatoismyWife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
sorry to bring this back up, as for the sake of the newer generation Lucky Star fans (WTH am i m talking about!? )

is Konata going to be okay when she grew older? well, because of what her dad just said,

makes me feel worried about her health condition , did she also inherted her mom's illness or something that was passed down the Izumi family tree, that is causing their body growth problems?

i hope her father's genes managed to stop that from happening if it does exist...
I think you're probably pouring too much into it. Though, then again, I had never paid that much attention to the series (as far as genes are concerned). It's an interesting observation though. I can just see them making a Lucky Star sequel with some sort of insanely 'depressing' undertones. That would be... kind of freaky.
NagatoismyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 00:35   Link #206
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post

I think you've totally gone off in a wrong direction there.... Her dad had to go through the pain of his wife dying. It was a "selfish" wish that he not have to endure the loss of another close loved one (let him go first he hopes).

Also, the loss of an offspring is more pain than many can possibly imagine.
Old 2009-07-17, 06:31   Link #207
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

It is something I've wondered about, I must admit... I certainly don't want it to happen (who does?), but still.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 23:00   Link #208
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

I've only seen the first 8 eps, but I actually enjoyed the infamous first one. I usually like random, lighthearted stuff like Azumanga so...yeah.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 00:32   Link #209
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Loved it.

The first one I enjoyed too, lolz, I think they just put it there to try a new method of doing plots (very little plot and still being interesting)
Old 2009-12-03, 04:09   Link #210
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonataChan View Post
my faviourite anime of all time ^^ though they couldve done with more episodes
this and I can't really since give any balance rating based on various factors for the series since I absolutely loved konata, and kagami as characters and their personality they make me give the show 10/10 regardless of all other factors, since I never had enough interest in a series to spend as much time looking for and reading fan-fictions, and doujins like I have for this series.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 05:28   Link #211
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Eh. First few episodes had me wtf'ing, but I persevered. Pretty good, but the first few eps seemed a little boring =/

E.g. talking about food for 10 minutes, but you get used to that.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 21:40   Link #212
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Eh. First few episodes had me wtf'ing, but I persevered. Pretty good, but the first few eps seemed a little boring =/

E.g. talking about food for 10 minutes, but you get used to that.
If you've ever seen a George Burns comedy routine (or other comedy greats of his era), you'd recognize the humor style immediately - especially with the food sketch bits. It's simply not seen too often any more in the attention-span challenged nownownow one-liner comedy of the West. Pay attention to the music scoring - its very effective in conveying the timing/pacing. That director (since being sacked) has gone on to do some very interesting work in more recent series.
Old 2009-12-05, 06:42   Link #213
CoolKidsClub

i should of watched some of Kyoto animation's work before LS..cuz as funny as LS was...i had no idea what most of their parodies were about
CoolKidsClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 11:43   Link #214
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKidsKlub View Post
i should of watched some of Kyoto animation's work before LS..cuz as funny as LS was...i had no idea what most of their parodies were about
Many of the parodies weren't of other Kyoto work -- they were of various studios, fandom icons, and local culture.
Examples:
Initial D references - animated by studio Pastel (various from 1998-2008)
Marimite (Maria-sama ga Miteru) - animated by studio Deen in 2004.
The Timotei reference in the beach onsen - refers to a shampoo commercial popular years before (which is why sensei asks her if she's an "old woman")

If people thought Lucky*Star was heavy with parody... they should try Pani Poni Dash or the Zetsubou Sensei series, they're like reference texts of everything Japanese and beyond .... o.O
Old 2010-03-10, 22:16   Link #215
animeffs13240
V for Victory

the whole idea of taking the average teenage girls lives without the romance is genius, when i first started to watch it i didn't know what to expect, i agree it started off slow but when i began to understand the characters i had a hard time keeping from laughing outloud, and the girls are so cute i like the animation style and the voice actors, in my opinion, brought the characters personality out even more.
Old 2010-03-17, 01:02   Link #216
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Lucky Star is one of my favorite animes but I gave it 8/10-- still that's very high. The beginning was very slow, in my opinion, which made it extremely difficult for me to get into, but after that it was smooth sailing.

The English voice acting was great, except for Patricia; I don't know what went wrong there, but that was the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard for me. I know they were trying to make her sound foreign, but that was just terrible. I've watched an OVA in Japanese and was pleased with the Japanese voice actresses as well.

I loved the way the characters looked and really ended up loving all of them. I really just love the series as a whole, but I felt there were a few points that were a bit too mundane and Patricia's English voice was just abdominal. I probably should have given it a 9/10, but I've already voted and I did vote after my hype so, nah, it's probably the right choice.
Old 2010-04-06, 05:59   Link #217
Yuuki97

I like this anime a lot...
But i didn't see the point in lucky channel, after episode 4 i would skip it...
How i loathed it!!!

My Favourite anime girlssssss
Yuuki97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 12:08   Link #218
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
The whole idea of taking the average teenage girls lives without the romance is genius...
You really hit the nail on the head with this. The series is simply just innocent, pure comedy. I still vividly remember that one episode, where Kagami got the "love" letter. How the mood changed, atmosphere built up and then in the end, what happened was the epitome of Lucky Star. When the guy asked her for that doll she bought, I cried laughing so damn much at her expression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuki97 View Post
I like this anime a lot...
But i didn't see the point in lucky channel, after episode 4 i would skip it...
How i loathed it!!!
Lucky Channel is a kind of a double-edged sword, more than half its episodes was boring to average at best, but the rest of it shined with quality comparable to that of the actual main show. But I understand how not everyone would want to actually watch every Lucky Channel just to see the good ones.