AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-08, 09:21   Link #61
wao
OK.

Dai Sato is a scriptwriter who's done various things from Eureka 7 (story composition), to GITS (some episodes), Samurai Champloo (an episode here or there?), Mars Daybreak (story composition) to that [awful] Casshern live-action movie (with some of his friends).

Here he's not credited with the traditional "series composition" (シリーズ構成) but instead with "chief writer" (チーフライター), perhaps it means we'll see more individual detailed scenarios from him rather than general structure and a few scripts here and there.
Old 2006-02-08, 09:25   Link #62
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Dai Sato is a scriptwriter who's done various things from Eureka 7 (story composition), to GITS (some episodes), Samurai Champloo (an episode here or there?), Mars Daybreak (story composition) to that [awful] Casshern live-action movie (with some of his friends).

Here he's not credited with the traditional "series composition" (シリーズ構成) but instead with "chief writer" (チーフライター), perhaps it means we'll see more individual detailed scenarios from him rather than general structure and a few scripts here and there.
He also scripted a little of Bebop, I believe the legendary "Ballad of the Fallen Angels" is his.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 09:28   Link #63
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Um... source for Engrish?
Citizen:

Main Entry: cit·i·zen
Pronunciation: 'si-t&-z&n also -s&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English citizein, from Anglo-French citezein, alteration of Old French citeien, from cité city
1 : an inhabitant of a city or town; especially : one entitled to the rights and privileges of a freeman

Quote:
Dai Sato? No idea who that is, never saw their work so I can't comment. While you can TRY to compare it to GiTs SAC 2nd GIG (内閣情報庁 - Cabinet Intelligence Agency), notice that this show isn't anything like it. :/
I'm sure you can use ANN, right?

But, for the sake of brevity: Dai Sato is the scriptwriter of Ergo Proxy. He worked in the same capacity on SAC, Champloo, Wolf's Rain, Eureka 7, Bebop, etc.

Quote:
Well, after coming up with what I had, I compared it to the only sub out of the Preview (that being Anime-Kraze) and they had "Citizens Information Bureau." Besides, if you think about it in the context of the show, why would a city of 'paradise' need an intelligence agency? Wouldn't the front of 'information board' seem more realistic? Either way, this is a bitter and pointless debate. I'm sure that the magazines and what not at the end of the month will have something more concrete. This is the like same translation argument as the Public Peace/Security title for Section 9...
Romudo is far from a paradise, from what I've seen in Episode 1. And nobody seemed to pay an notice to Ril's sometime quite forcefull investigation. Seemed like a regular thing.

But I argee that we'll learn the correct terms from magazines.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 09:33   Link #64
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Hm... I don't ever recall seeing the name in the GITs SAC official logs... *toddles off to look*

Quote:
[awful] Casshern live-action movie
Hey hey hey... I liked that movie
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 09:59   Link #65
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
why would a city of 'paradise' need an intelligence agency?
The more peaceful it is, the tighter the grip the government needs to have over its citizens. From that information I gather from the two Japanese websites, the government's rule is absolute.

And the fact that Ril is suppose to be keeping tabs on the citizens of the city... Yes, in effect she is a cop. But she is a cop with the jurisdiction on the level of Intelligence. A city-state doesn't need separate agencies for both law enforcement and National Security.

We will know who's right soon enough...
Old 2006-02-08, 10:40   Link #66
Mareel

Send a message via AIM to Mareel
Utopia and paradise are not synonyms as it is often believed. Learn english! :P

You can have one without the other, the hawaiin islands can be considered a paradise, but they are not a utopia for example :P

This show looks really good, but how can you say no shows of 2006 have any good budget except for this and fate. Are you ignorant of the 20 or so shows comming out in April? lol. Several of them will have very good budgets. I am sure xxxHolic and TRC at least will have a good amount of funding. There are a few more that look like it will be the case as well.

Anyone know who did the subbed trailer? I wanna see it so I can understand what I've seen a bit better :P
Mareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 10:52   Link #67
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareel
Utopia and paradise are not synonyms as it is often believed. Learn english! :P
The word "utopia" has nothing to do with english, because it's a derivative of Greek "Eutopia", "A Place that Doesn't Exist".

As for the budget, I believe we were speaking about the Winter 2006 season, which does suck badly.
Old 2006-02-08, 12:59   Link #68
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
The more peaceful it is, the tighter the grip the government needs to have over its citizens. From that information I gather from the two Japanese websites, the government's rule is absolute.

And the fact that Ril is suppose to be keeping tabs on the citizens of the city... Yes, in effect she is a cop. But she is a cop with the jurisdiction on the level of Intelligence. A city-state doesn't need separate agencies for both law enforcement and National Security.

We will know who's right soon enough...
In the event that there is nothing, why don't we just chalk it up to a translators preference and not who is right and who is wrong because technically neither of us is wrong... (oh the subs for this show are going to be murder). *shrugs* Potato Potatoh... it's all the same. :3

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-02-08, 17:50   Link #69
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
The word "utopia" has nothing to do with english, because it's a derivative of Greek "Eutopia", "A Place that Doesn't Exist".
The etymology of the word is irrelevant, it is English. English also has words adapted from Fench and German. While Eutopia may be a Greek word, Utopia is an English word with a Greek etymology.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 18:17   Link #70
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

OK, then.

Quote:
utopia

1 : an imaginary and indefinitely remote place
2 often capitalized : a place of ideal perfection especially in laws, government, and social conditions
3 : an impractical scheme for social improvement

paradise

1 : an intermediate place or state where the righteous departed await resurrection and judgment
2 : a place or state of bliss, felicity, or delight
And, um, what are we arguing about anyway? Is Romudo an utopian city, or a paradisiac city, or both?

Well, it looks a lot like the combination of Shinhama (Newport), the city from Wolf's Rain and the Domepolis from Overman King Gainer. A very remote, almost post-apocalyptic haven of humanity, separated from everything else as the (perhaps last?) island of humankind.
Old 2006-02-09, 22:29   Link #71
dk-dragon

Great show !

Spoiler:
dk-dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 04:58   Link #72
reiayanami20

Send a message via MSN to reiayanami20
Ergo Proxy

Title Ergo Proxy
Japanese Title エルゴプラクシー
Official Site http://www.ergoproxy.com/
Category -
Total Episodes -
Genres -
Year Published 2006
Studio Geneon Entertainment

US Distribution Geneon Entertainment
Description

Romd is a dome city where robots and human beings cohabitate. It is also a paradise whose citizens are completely controlled and they don’t have to have emotions. Lil Mayo is a young carrier woman of the Intelligence Bureau. While she is investigating a murder case occurred in the city, she noticed mysterious messages, “awakening”. At that night, she is assaulted by a grotesque monster.
エルゴプラクシー/Ergo Proxy

【ストーリー】【故事介绍】【plot】

【「エルゴプラクシー」の世界観】【Ergo Proxy世界观】【"Ergo Proxy" World-view】

人とロボットが共存する世界-完全管理統制され“感情を必要としない楽園”ドームシティ「ロムド」。そんな 楽園都市で起きた謎の殺人事件を追う市民情報局の若き女性キャリア、リル・メイヤー。そして彼女の周囲に現 れる「awakening」という謎のメッセージ。

人与机器人共存的世界——完全被管理统治着的城市“不需要感情的乐园”[Romudo]。在那样的乐园都市发生的秘密杀人事件的追查者是市民情报局的年轻的职业女性,Lir Meyer。调查中她的周围显现出了名为[awakening(唤醒)]的谜一般的信息。

a world in which both human being and robots exist - a totally controlled doom city regarded as "fairyland of no reins" called [Romudo]. a mysteries homicide occurred in this city of pleasure. the case investigator, named Lir Meyer, is a young career woman from the civic intelligence agency. during the investigation, an unknown message called [awakening] appeared around her.

そのメッセージに気づいた夜、リルは突如現れた異形の怪人の襲撃に遭う。彼女を襲ったモンスターは何者なの か、そして、そこに介在した或る人物とは…それはやがて螺旋に織り成す謎を纏い、形而上の喊声はリルを見果 てぬ外世界へと誘う。

注意到那个信息当晚,Lir遭到了忽然出现的异型怪人的袭击。袭击了她的怪物究竟是什么?介入这之中的人物 又会是...?这个谜团紧紧地缠绕着,虚幻而空洞的喊声把Lir带进了一个尚未完成的外面的世 界。

on the very night when the message was discovered, Lir was attacked by a hetero-human. what was the actual monster? who were the people involved in the matter...? the illusive shouting noise brought Lir into an incomplete outside world.

暗い色彩に漂う静謐の中に光芒を放つ都市設定、オートレイヴと名づけられたロボット。時に哲学的な発想に派 生した人物造詣といった外郭の中で、練りに練られたストーリーが展開。「次々と登場する異形の怪人」「メカ 」「アクション」といった視覚的けれん味に加え、美しい査察官リルを中心として繰り広げられる様々な人間模 様は、やがてプラクシーという存在が内包する秘密を織り交ぜながら、想像を絶する真実を解き明 かしてゆく。

在暗淡的浮现着静谧色彩中绽放光芒的这样一个城市设定,被赋予[Autorave]这个名字的机器人。把哲学构思派生出的人物造就作为框架,仔细斟酌后故事展开了。「不断登场的异型怪人」「 机械」「动作」这些视觉上的蒙蔽,还有以美丽的监查官Lir为中心扩展的各种人物的模样,一边弄清Prox y存在的秘密,一边除去想象,渐渐展现真实。

the design of a city lighting up in an atmosphere full of darkness and silence, the robot was named [Autorave]. use the attainments of characters derived in the conceiving of philosophy to outline, the story starts after a careful consideration. optical illusions you see from [the continuous entering of hetero-humans][machine][action] and by focusing on the beautiful censor Lir and spread out to all types of characters, the secrets of the existense of Proxy is getting clear, apart from imagination, reality is being figured out.

『ウィッチハンターROBIN』の村瀬修功、『エウレカセブン』の佐藤大、『サムライチャンプルー』のマン グローブ-いずれも世界レベルで活躍するスタッフが贈りだすSFサイコサスペンス・アニメーシ ョン!

[魔女猎人罗宾]的村瀬修功,[交响诗篇EUREKA]的佐藤大,[混沌武士]的Manglobe全是拥有世界高水平,十分活跃的制作人员/公司。这就是他们送出的科学幻想惊险动画!

Murase Shukou of [witch hunter - robin], Satou Dai of [eureka seven] and manglobe's [samurai champloo]. all of them are highly skilled and very active staff. this is their science fiction animation full of suspense!

ENGLISH sub will be out
reiayanami20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 10:48   Link #73
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Romd is a dome city where robots and human beings cohabitate. It is also a paradise whose citizens are completely controlled and they don’t have to have emotions. Lil Mayo is a young carrier woman of the Intelligence Bureau. While she is investigating a murder case occurred in the city, she noticed mysterious messages, “awakening”. At that night, she is assaulted by a grotesque monster.
Romd? Lil Mayo? What is she the new mayonaise queen? Ugh, if those are official I'm going to smack someone. And well... Intelligence Bureau, eh? Looks like both of us were at least half right with our argument... XD

Old 2006-02-11, 21:55   Link #74
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

It seems like there are several law-enforcement sections.

Citizen Security Bureau
Citizen Information Bureau
Citizen Intelligence Bureau

Security Bureau sounds like a police. Raul Creed is its new chief. Information Bureau sounds like something that deals with cybercrime, hightech stuff (like Public Peace Section 9 from GITS). This is where Ril works.

Intelligence Bureau sounds self-explanatory. Must be the secret police, FBI-type of place.

There is also some Defense Agency, which, once again, sounds self-explanatory.

PS That's all from Ril's PDA, by the way.

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-02-13 at 21:27.
Old 2006-02-11, 23:14   Link #75
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

So we're all correct then... XD

Old 2006-02-12, 05:38   Link #76
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Ep.1:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 10:35   Link #77
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think that this looks like Blade Runner mixed with 1984 and GitS.

It doesn't seem like utopia or paradise to me at all.

Spoiler for episode 1:

Can't wait to see the OP and ED animation! Geneon has picked another great title.

Last edited by orion; 2006-02-12 at 11:47.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 11:37   Link #78
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Check out my blog for some screencaps and my opinions of episode 1. http://thecrescentmoon.blogspot.com

Last edited by physics223; 2006-02-12 at 12:35.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 13:44   Link #79
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Wasn't this suppose to air 25/2?
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 14:43   Link #80
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

There was an advanced screening, thus, I was able to watch it.

It simply blew me away.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manglobe, science fiction