AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-05-30, 17:09   Link #81
I<3killerloli's

^ Well, you guys seem to have a fair knowledge of Japanese. Maybe when the final chapter of the game comes out, someone will try to hack the disk and translate it into English. I remember playing an English version of Detective Club and it was that game that got me into visual novels.
I only wish I could speak/read Japanese. Playing the game with a dictionary would be so tedious, and even if I were to get the game, it would be a waste of money unless I knew how to read it (though the artwork seems woth it.)
One last question, is the game in kanji or katakana? The later is more friendly to Japanese newcomers like myself.
Thanks for answering these by the way
I<3killerloli's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 18:01   Link #82
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3killerloli's
^ Well, you guys seem to have a fair knowledge of Japanese. Maybe when the final chapter of the game comes out, someone will try to hack the disk and translate it into English. I remember playing an English version of Detective Club and it was that game that got me into visual novels.
I only wish I could speak/read Japanese. Playing the game with a dictionary would be so tedious, and even if I were to get the game, it would be a waste of money unless I knew how to read it (though the artwork seems woth it.)
One last question, is the game in kanji or katakana? The later is more friendly to Japanese newcomers like myself.
Thanks for answering these by the way
All "normal" Japanese is a mix of kanji, hiragana, and katakana - not one or the other. If you can read the news site Asahi.com with no problem, then you can play any Japanese game. (And please don't ask how to enable Shift-JIS as I don't know.)

As for the artwork...uh...I would say it's unique in the way that you get what you pay for. Strangely however, you become accustomed to Ryukishi07-san's drawing that it becomes moe~...in a way.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 07:30   Link #83
Turkinolith

of the large list of vendors to get the novels/game any suggestions which would be most friendly to international orders?

Last edited by Turkinolith; 2006-06-03 at 07:46.
Turkinolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 16:19   Link #84
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
All "normal" Japanese is a mix of kanji, hiragana, and katakana - not one or the other. If you can read the news site Asahi.com with no problem, then you can play any Japanese game. (And please don't ask how to enable Shift-JIS as I don't know.)
"エレベーターに挟まれ、高2男子が死亡"
Owwww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
As for the artwork...uh...I would say it's unique in the way that you get what you pay for. Strangely however, you become accustomed to Ryukishi07-san's drawing that it becomes moe~...in a way.
Agreed. Although his drawings may not appear as visually appealing as other bishojo game character arts, there's a "lovableness" about them that makes you feel more and more attached to them over time. So far, I have not seen any artist who can replicate Rika's "nipa~☆" with the same feel of Ryukishi-san's original drawing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkinolith
of the large list of vendors to get the novels/game any suggestions which would be most friendly to international orders?
Well, I think the vender you choose should be able to process and ship your order smoothly enough that you won't NEED to find out whether they're actually "friendly" or not.

But the vender I (and many others) buy from is HimeyaShop, they're fast and keeps their game titles constantly up-to-date. The downside is that they're pretty expensive, and they only ship through EMS, which, although fast and secure, costs more than regular airmail.

Just to answer the "friendliness" question, Himeya offers an effective custom order request function (they will actually add the game you requested onto their game catalogue, just so everyone can find it on their website), and their return/exchange policy has been excellent for me as well (I got a defected copy of Fate/hollow ataraxia (first edition) from them, but rather than me sending it back for an exchange, they shipped a new second copy to me for free) (so now I have two sets of servant tarot cards ).

But really, the important thing is that you get what you paid for, so if you don't mind the slightly expensive price, then Himeya is a good choice.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 07:24   Link #85
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

I got a question about DAYBREAK.

When I want to play 2 players game, screen divides into 4 squares. Is it possible to divide it into 2 screens? Cos it`s damn difficult to play like that :\
Old 2006-06-11, 03:28   Link #86
AzureFlux
faito

Spoiler for Minagoroshi:
AzureFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 05:07   Link #87
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureFlux
Spoiler for Minagoroshi:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-06-11 at 05:19.
Old 2006-06-25, 19:04   Link #88
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

The Higurashi Daybreak site has been updated with some new infos:

Higurashi Daybreak

A C70 release is looking likely. ^^
Old 2006-06-26, 00:35   Link #89
lifestorm2

T_T....first of all, i would like to say thank you to you all, for providing all this info >3<

I read all the spoilers, yes, (since i don't have a single dollar and therefore i can't buy ANY of the novels.....i want to..../_\.....) the TIPS thread too, and now...alot of things make sense, it's so much more exciting, i can't wait to see it happen myself (in the anime, sigh....$$ T_T) ....thanks so much >_<

though...that's pretty sad, the...er...nvm, no spoilers (T_T)b
lifestorm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 00:48   Link #90
LostBlue
祭囃子

Spoiler for ~目明し編~終了:
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 12:12   Link #91
reptar300

can someone tell me where to buy the games?

Im new and i just started watching the anime and i dont know to much about this kind of stuff but i was wondering if anyone could tell me where i can buy the mangas and the games
reptar300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 12:53   Link #92
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptar300
Im new and i just started watching the anime and i dont know to much about this kind of stuff but i was wondering if anyone could tell me where i can buy the mangas and the games
Read the FAQ section: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=72
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 13:44   Link #93
reptar300

one more thing...

i downloaded the free trial of the first chapter of the game ...and i have one question how do i get it to show the japenes symbols because all its showing is the little boxes and crap or does anyone know where i can find a faq that translates this game

Last edited by reptar300; 2006-06-27 at 14:02.
reptar300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 15:01   Link #94
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Sorry pal but there's no English translation faq for this(yet but maybe someday), but you can play it on your computer. You need to set your computer to display Japanese characters. Here's a site that'll show you how to do that: http://home.comcast.net/~kagamix2/xp...e_setting.html
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 15:47   Link #95
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
1) Happens in the game, but the game really lack graphics. It's more of a novel in a game format with Tachi-e's (character portraits) as a bonus. The BG sounds + and the Chara Portraits do add a lot to the actual text. Especially when they don't match the text.

2) Meakashi should be 5 EPs (guessing) - I can't imagine it shorter and I think it can be nicely done with that many. Tsumihoroboshi I'm guessing 6 which I don't feel is enough. Ch6 is long and is a roller coaster from start from finish more so than any of the other chapters. I'm guessing they'll cut out a lot from scrap 34 and flashbacks (both) short. Personally, I didn't like the chapter too much, but my favorite scenes/lines are in this one - go figure. I just hope they keep the "ending," which made me happy. だって殆んど連続事件に全然関係なかったから、それでちょっとイライラしてた。屋根での決闘はとくに... まぁ、圭ちゃんの決意はカッコウよかった。マジで惚れ直した ^^; They probably won't to keep the anime nicely wrapped up, but I hope they do. Akasaka fukki banzai~ \(^^)/
1) I think the musics and sfxs accounted for 50% of the game's atmosphere. The game's scariness didn't come from the actual "scary moments", but from all the events leading up to it.

2) It's almost certain that they'll cut out a lot from the flashbacks (*sigh* as well as the portrayal of the reddening texts) and the research notebook. The opening of Tsumihoroboshi-hen (at the dump) was one of the most impressionable openings in the series, and I can only hope they don't mess that up. I loved the chapter, even though the development went in a totally different direction than any of us expected. That, and of course, the finale. If Rika looks anything less than cool when she say the おいで line, I'll have their heads.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-07-07 at 21:33.
Old 2006-07-07, 16:05   Link #96
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Matsuribayashi-hen's jacket images have been revealed (diary):

Front:

Back:

なんか...A〇Rぽくない?
でも、すっきりな感じで気持ちいい
Old 2006-07-07, 16:41   Link #97
LostBlue
祭囃子

wow, forum hiccup.
well, might as well edit and add something here.

yep, Rena-chin looks happy. =)

Haven't finished Minagoroshi, so I'll reserve comments.
主人公はだれかな? 自分的にやっぱ圭一かな?

Last edited by LostBlue; 2006-07-07 at 16:51.
Old 2006-07-09, 13:21   Link #98
LostBlue
祭囃子

Spoiler for Minagoroshi:

Last edited by LostBlue; 2006-07-09 at 13:58.
Old 2006-07-09, 15:03   Link #99
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
Spoiler for Minagoroshi:
First of all, I suggest you take a look at the Higurashi wiki:
http://www.wikihouse.com/higurasi/index.php

As for some response to your comments:
Spoiler: