4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-18, 08:17   Link #281
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ Well, actually, in every variation of the legend, Arthur IS mortally wounded.
Old 2006-06-18, 08:18   Link #282
roan

sigh.

arthur gets stabbed by mordred and then makes a pact, where she keeps getting sent in all eras to get a chance at getting the grail while she's still alive so she could use it her own era (the other spirits are fully dead, but she isn't). but she gives up on that chance when she meets shirou and gets returned to that very point in time when she's still mortally injured and dies.

yes, she's mortally injured. yes, she dies. bedivere's pov had him reluctant to return avalon to the lake because doing that would really mean she was dead, not just sleeping, which is why he kept coming back in the game.

that's logic, bucky.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 08:25   Link #283
sevenheaven7

so does Shiro end up with someone at the end...? and who is Sakura to Shiro? I never knew...his little sister or something?
sevenheaven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 08:45   Link #284
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
To those that say Saber died: how does that remotely make sense? Was she fatally wounded? No. Did she have some sort of fatal disease? No. What reason does she have to just die? Plotwise I can see this making some form of sense, but logical sense? Absolutely not. Bedivere had that reaction because she's going to be sleeping far beyond his (her?) time.

If you remember Shirou did see a dream of Saber fighting her daughter she won but she got stabbed too which means that she is mortally wonded I think that Bedivere knows that this time her slumber will be eternal meaning that she passed away
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 08:47   Link #285
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenheaven7
so does Shiro end up with someone at the end...? and who is Sakura to Shiro? I never knew...his little sister or something?

nope he doe not end up with anyone
I think to Shiro that Sakura is like a little sister / friend
In case you dont remember Sakura is Rin's sister
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 08:47   Link #286
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ Demongod86

I've personally always thought a sword-thrust into the body is a fairly efficient manner of determining whether or not someone will die, don't you agree? They even showed it happening - episode twenty one, about fourteen minutes in. Arthur is stabbed by Mordred, after she has herself thrust her sword into his chest.

That's why Saber dies. Her scene with Bedivere doesn't exactly happen after the whole 'Fate' scenario. Rather, it happens after the battle with Mordred in her time. To her, as is implied by her scenes with Bedivere, what she experienced with Shirou in our time was a 'dream' that came to her whilst she was being carried from the battlefield - dying.

Thus, King Arthur dies. And it makes perfect sense.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-06-18, 09:05   Link #287
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
Some fans think he ends with Karen. (Atraxia character)

I'd say that's plausible, but only because most of Archer's personal life is a unknown
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 09:24   Link #288
ludacris10
Malay Anime Otaku!

This episode was sad,confusing and the question on evryones lips is will there be anothe FSN season? Only time will tell
ludacris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 09:37   Link #289
Tabris

I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I thought the predictability of the end and it being the more undesirable (but more logical) I would not have enjoyed it. But I did. I still would have preferred a Saber x Shirou end (even if it isn't like Type-Moon), but you just have to accept what you're given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
I don't think Saber died under the tree. I just think she went back to sleep...a long LONG LONG sleep. Like a fifteen hundred year sleep till Rin flies over to London for more magic training and sees a cute blondie with a trademark antenna and a body almost too tiny to notice under a tree.

I wanna see FHA animated...and make sure to put lots of Onsen moments, like Rin and Rider having a tussle in a hotsprings!
Haha, if only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja
My take on ending:

Spoiler:
Pretty much sums up what I thought.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 09:39   Link #290
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacris10
This episode was sad,confusing and the question on evryones lips is will there be anothe FSN season? Only time will tell
I personally seriously doubt it.

What's left to say? The true ending to the true scenario was told.

One could go on a limb and wish for a special OVA or two, but I'm confident enough to bet that it won't happen.
Old 2006-06-18, 09:39   Link #291
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Some fans think he ends with Karen. (Atraxia character)

I'd say that's plausible, but only because most of Archer's personal life is a unknown
Karen? I don't really like her because she is so conceited....anyone who uses Cloth of Maglada to bind men tend to be a bit dodgy in my opnion. And I thought the "Shirou" she met is actually Avenger disguise as fake Shirou, right?

Rin FTW!
Old 2006-06-18, 10:00   Link #292
Decel

Quote:
Imo he ends up with no one, since Saber has/had all his love. That would reflect the same ending as Tsukihime.
Old 2006-06-18, 10:18   Link #293
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
I personally seriously doubt it.

What's left to say? The true ending to the true scenario was told.

One could go on a limb and wish for a special OVA or two, but I'm confident enough to bet that it won't happen.
This is the true ending to the FATE scenerio. There are no true scenerios, since scenerio is equally true.
Old 2006-06-18, 10:27   Link #294
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
This is the true ending to the FATE scenerio. There are no true scenerios, since scenerio is equally true.
Though I haven't played the game, I disagree. I've read the synopsises(sp?) and I think the Fate scenario is more true than the two others, hence why there are no alternative endings in this scenario.

Edit: Hot damn! From which series does your avatar come from?
Old 2006-06-18, 10:29   Link #295
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

And what characteristics does it have to be "more true"? Is it the smell or anything?
Old 2006-06-18, 10:33   Link #296
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Karen? I don't really like her because she is so conceited....anyone who uses Cloth of Maglada to bind men tend to be a bit dodgy in my opnion. And I thought the "Shirou" she met is actually Avenger disguise as fake Shirou, right?

Rin FTW!
Well, the Karen that Avenger meets isn't the real Karen, either. Also, I dunno, I kinda like Karen's personality. It's sorta twisted like Rin's.

Anyways, I read somewhere that Karen could be Shirou's lover sometime in the future, but that was just an ungrounded speculation.
Old 2006-06-18, 10:33   Link #297
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
And what characteristics does it have to be "more true"? Is it the smell or anything?
As I've said: no "good" alternative ending possible like the two other ones.

All my opinion though.
Old 2006-06-18, 10:56   Link #298
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

°°

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacris10
Mmm,
someone say ataraxia is not a spin-off but a 2nd part of F/sn (sequel?), so if it true, this ending take a sense (Saber back on the Shirou world)!

I haven't play it so i can't confirm this is true or not, i read this wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fate/hollow_ataraxia

Fn
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 11:15   Link #299
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I kept silence all the way through the end of the final episode, until the last second passed and then clapped my hands to give thanks for the stunning conclusion.

The final episode felt more like a film with movie production values. The dialogue, the cinematics, the animation, the colors, the long sequences in silence, the character's performance, and all was more like watching a theatrical release.

Fate's final episode kind of reminds me to the last episode of Trinity Blood, since both possess the cinematographic-esque texture on them.

The Deen staff blew up the roof with their excellent usage of the soundtrack: the three different scores played-- Saber v.s. Gilgamesh / Shirou v.s. Kotomine, the final stand; the destruction of the Holy Grail; Saber and Shirou's last farewell.

There are several scenes that convey interpretation.
Spoiler:

Saber's end was beautifully executed in terms of artistic design, conceptualization, and sound effects.

I also enjoyed the hilarious Fuji-nee/Illya moments, but the real treat was....
Spoiler:

All in all, a beautiful conclusion!!

I give particular thanks to everyone at the Fate/Stay night forum, and at last to kj1980 for introducing this show to us through the game.

This anime deserves a lot of praise, and I hope a theatrical version will become a dream come true.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 11:39   Link #300
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
Though I haven't played the game, I disagree. I've read the synopsises(sp?) and I think the Fate scenario is more true than the two others, hence why there are no alternative endings in this scenario.

Edit: Hot damn! From which series does your avatar come from?
In that case HA is also a truer scenerio since it came out after FSN and also only has 1 ending.

My avie is Natalie and Mamurr form Gundam Seed sharing a lolipop together.