Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-22, 04:40   Link #81
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
If you're talking about me, I'm not that fast really, for a show I was eagerly anticipating I took some time to watch it since it aired around the 17th and it's already the 21st... But while I'm running more and mroe out of time I definitely want to watch this to the end The good thing about this show is that it's something you can enjoy even with a considerable break in between.
Ah, sorry for the confusion there. I was referring to your relatively, zippy response to the first episode. I'm pretty excited about this series too. By the way, this series will last all the way to the very end right? I mean, the OP (which is the ED for this episode) seems to me like a preview of what's to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I forgot to mention in episode 1, there's this one bit of animation that was really good - it was the one in the warehouse. I don't recognize any of the names in the credits except Hiroto Tanaka (one of the layout artists), since I don't really follow Asia-do's stuff but well. Looking forward to see if they can maintain teh quality. I noticed the animation director was the character designer for Zettai Shounen.
Warehouse? You mean...

Spoiler:

Personally, I like that part in the OP where William and Eleanor are shown dancing, then Hans and Emma, and finally William and Emma. The transition is simple enough, but it looks great when the show pulls it off along with the music of the OP.

I am, however, surprised to see a little "bounce" occurring in this episode. Wow. I mean, some "bouncing" in my Emma anime? I'm not trying to take the high road and acting all prudish and all, but I didn't see that one coming at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergol
On the positive side, Emma is, aside from a couple Miyazaki movies, the only anime I've ever gotten my Mom to watch (and she's actually requested more),...
Funny that you're saying this right now. I remember when I recommended this to my sister who was looking for something to get into back then, and all she gave me was this weird look. What? Doesn't she know that guys love their Victorian romances as well? I'm was so incensed, I tell you! (must be due to the maids...)

And a very big thank you to iitran of course! Thanks guys.
Old 2007-04-22, 05:06   Link #82
wao
OK.

Ah, that's what you meant. Well I think it would have felt less fast if there were other people watching it before...

Yes, that's the scene I meant. I was excluding the OP since the OP is, well, a separate thing usually... I love the transition bit though. It felt kind of magical - and the final scene especially... heheh.

And I'm surprised that a. people would think guys can't enjoy this sort of stuff, I certainly don't see it as particularly girly especially since it still differs a bit from those Victorian romance novels in terms of feeling (can't place my finger exactly on what it is though...), and b. kujoe is a guy Sorry, I had kept thinking you were female all this while!
Old 2007-04-22, 05:25   Link #83
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
b. kujoe is a guy Sorry, I had kept thinking you were female all this while!
Nothing to get worried about. I get that for some reason. (Actually you're just the second or third person, at least in this forum, that has said that about me.)

Just wondering though. Even though this is the internet we're talking about, what exactly gives you the impression that I'm a girl?
Old 2007-04-23, 01:41   Link #84
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
na~ me too i think kujoe is a female
kujoe i like your avatar ^_^ (that kid from mushishi anime right?)

btw emma second act total episode will be 12 episode again or about 24 episode
i hope 24 or 26 episode
Old 2007-04-23, 06:57   Link #85
kujoe
from head to heel

Man, you two are starting to freak me out. Whatever happened to the rule, "When in doubt in the internet, always assume that it's a guy?"

As for your question; yes, he's the horned kid from Mushishi.
Old 2007-04-23, 07:16   Link #86
^Aya^
Makkuro kurosuke

Send a message via ICQ to ^Aya^ Send a message via MSN to ^Aya^
I hope they dont change the story too much.. :/ Already a new character in the first episode worries me a bit :/
Anyway we're back for some Emma action again, finally!
Old 2007-04-24, 02:57   Link #87
kira-sama

so how many episode will be????
Old 2007-04-24, 03:19   Link #88
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That's unknown.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-04-24, 11:00   Link #89
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Aya^ View Post
I hope they dont change the story too much.. :/ Already a new character in the first episode worries me a bit :/
Anyway we're back for some Emma action again, finally!
The recap of episode 2 is up in the official site of the series, from the pictures it is complete different from the manga.

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2007-04-24, 11:31   Link #90
cmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Man, you two are starting to freak me out. Whatever happened to the rule, "When in doubt in the internet, always assume that it's a guy?"
I have a troubling tendency to assume that forums are about half and half. At least we have some guys in here.

I hope we get about 24 eps., but if it's completely different from the manga, who knows. At least we're still getting a second season.

@Nergol: I'm a shipper, it's true, but I try not to get fangirlishly angry at the competition. I like Eleanor and feel bad for her 'cause William's oblivious, and I like Hans from what I've read. It just bothers me when the characters waver when obviously they should know who they're supposed to get together with. There hasn't been any wavering yet, has there?
Old 2007-04-25, 00:57   Link #91
kira-sama

i don't know why
everytime i watched emma separate with william at train station i cried again ^_^;
i hope iichan subs the episode soon
Old 2007-04-25, 03:55   Link #92
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Never having watched the first season (which, I know, boggles my mind as well since I've always had a soft spot for victorian romance stories), it makes me want to slap myself silly because after watching episode 0, it really does seem like an excellent show.

To wait for the next episode is such sweet torture...
Old 2007-04-25, 11:46   Link #93
^Aya^
Makkuro kurosuke

Send a message via ICQ to ^Aya^ Send a message via MSN to ^Aya^
Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
The recap of episode 2 is up in the official site of the series, from the pictures it is complete different from the manga.

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Oh crap.. -_- They're going to change everything.. -_-
Old 2007-04-25, 15:08   Link #94
ImClueless
Rawr

Ok saw epsiode one and that spoiler for epsiode two. As long as they don't change any of the major characters or plotlines I don't mind. The first season didn't stick 100% to the manga either. Besides there are portions of the manga that wouldn't translate well into anime form anyway like silent chapters where nothing happens.

I hope they go with 26 eps and finish the series off. They can do it if they cut out some of the above mentioned miscellaneous chapters. They did two volumes in 13 eps and if they squeeze they can do 5 volumes in 26
Old 2007-04-25, 15:20   Link #95
cmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
I hope they go with 26 eps and finish the series off. They can do it if they cut out some of the above mentioned miscellaneous chapters. They did two volumes in 13 eps and if they squeeze they can do 5 volumes in 26
The first season covered two volumes, didn't it? They won't be able to finish it out unless they cut a lot, will they.
Old 2007-04-25, 15:24   Link #96
ImClueless
Rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmage View Post
The first season covered two volumes, didn't it? They won't be able to finish it out unless they cut a lot, will they.
Yeah and it was 13 eps. There are 5 volumes left to be covered. They can cut out some of the slice of life chapters without affecting the story all that much and they will probably cut out that flashback arc so I think 26 eps for the remaining 5 volumes is doable.
Old 2007-04-25, 17:33   Link #97
servidor

Episode 1 was a really good episode even though it was not a hundred porcent faitfull to the manga. The question about how Emma will become Mrs. Molder's lady maid´has been pretty much answered.

I have mixed feelings about Hakim been reduced to a mere secondary character, I really like the guy, but he really nailed a point in the episode, Emma showed a lot of strength despite the circunstances she was in, and William was showed as the weak one still longing for Emma and unable to move forward.

Spoiler for Ep. 2:

And thank you to all the people in IIchan for subbing this wonderful series.
Old 2007-04-25, 22:59   Link #98
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Firstly, hats off to iichan for doing a wonderful job as usual and putting those historical Notes in the end. Saw Episode 1 and what can I say, I m not dissapointed the least, but very much overwhelmed. Nice episode which keeps up the soothing pace of Emma. Lots of new characters, lets hope this season ends this beautiful romantic tale in style and the way it truly deserves to be ended
Old 2007-04-26, 01:07   Link #99
kira-sama

i just hope they didn't change so much and just follow the story like manga
Old 2007-04-26, 03:14   Link #100
Rion
Ramune~

Say, did anybody notice how blurry the whole episode looked? I wonder if this is the fault of the raw and the animation itself. O.o iitran's subs are great as always - it's so great to see whisper's guide again *_*

Anyways, I can't wait for next episode.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance, seinen