AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-06, 11:24   Link #221
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
5-2 Is the City, right, I assume you are talking about the second part of it... It's hard. I have played the game tons of times and the first run I always have problem getting to that place. I don't exactly remember which team I took to beat that dragon but I think it was:

AR: Euphie
Party: Satsuki, Naya & Sales.

White Dragon's have Good M and Average F, right? If Euphie can't take them, you can always use Nozomu.
Old 2008-08-06, 19:37   Link #222
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Nozomu could never clear the 2nd North path in time. He's only got an IP of 17 while Euphie has 20. Nozomu barely makes it to the Target Point along the east path in time as it is, he's ready to kill the final Dragon at 1052IT and that's without stopping once. And at the levels people were in this mission, your proposed team would only have an IP of 18, not fast enough. Plus Salles has to be in the team taking out a White Dragon by themselves since he's the only one with a regular group heal. The White Dragon has 600M/300F defense (which alse scaled higher via its % stats), 300M/250F attack and 300F support. Plus when almost any Attacker hits it, it gains 1 mana in all slots. Only Euphie, Nozomu and Nozomi don't give it mana.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 02:16   Link #223
cranston

Currently replaying 5-2 to see if I can give you some tips, but I've only reached the halfway point so far. However, I do have a tip for use against a white dragon. Needless to say, the breath attack and the way he gains mana when he takes hits is what makes it hard for units other than Nozomu and Euphie to take him down.

A blue character with Chill Barrier would improve your survivability. At the start of the mission, of my characters, only Satsuki had it though... Chill Barrier is 'zentai', so you won't take any damage from the breath attack, and its normal physical attack should cause tolerable damage. While you could try putting a red character on defence, their lack of M defence makes them too fragile.

If Nozomi were to be included in this team, the team would be undefeatable. However, that means that all the damage is going to have to come from whoever fills the Attack role. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have anyone capable of filling that role right now. Katima's 北天星の太刀 can be used, but they'll need to attack the dragon numerous times. Such a team can be used by itself against the white dragon which appears in the north.

Also, instead of Nozomi, substituting with a red character is also a possibility.

Anyway, I'll finish replaying the mission sometime over the weekend and give a more complete guide then.
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 09:48   Link #224
cranston

Forget about Katima. Too little damage.

just finished 5-2, so here's what I did...

Spoiler for 5-2 walkthrough:

Well. there you have it. Have fun.
Old 2008-08-11, 00:52   Link #225
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Er, I already did all that...except for one thing. Are you telling me that the existing SoT Lv3 overrides a newly built Lv5 one?!
Old 2008-08-11, 05:16   Link #226
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Er, I already did all that...except for one thing. Are you telling me that the existing SoT Lv3 overrides a newly built Lv5 one?!
Can't make a new Sands of Time unless you deconstruct the previous one built, since you can only have one of it.
Old 2008-08-11, 06:01   Link #227
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I was doing everything right then...didn't know that existing ones override though.....

Wait, so the SoT built in 5-1 overrides the one in 5-2?

I'd better finish this before my power level goes Over 9000....
Old 2008-08-11, 06:29   Link #228
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Looks like I was right in the end
You should pay attention whenever your characters constructors gain lvl for their building abilities.
You will always have to check out their artifact list and check out the most advanced level, though usually, Sol is the best choice for that.
I don't think there isn't any exception: whenever you see a better hourglass, even if you are still in the same world, you will have to build that hourglass, so destroy the previous one, and create the new one.
Old 2008-08-11, 06:55   Link #229
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Thanks for the tip guys, I'll try it out ASAP.
Old 2008-08-11, 20:04   Link #230
cranston

Quote:
Wait, so the SoT built in 5-1 overrides the one in 5-2?
You shouldn't be able to build an SoT if one already exists in the world. At least, that is the case with the version I'm playing. I don't know if this is also the same for previous versions. Anyway, the "build" command when you select the SoT should be greyed out so you can't build it.
Old 2008-08-11, 23:41   Link #231
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, I have no idea what's going on.....

cranston, I have no idea how your strat worked because that one takes at least 1300IT for me.

And another thing, on your strat, Nozomu reaches the Blue Dragon at 294IT?! You're kidding, right? I can't get them anywhere near that quick with your strat. More like the mid 400s if I send Nozomu North. With Euphie going North, they make it in the 320s.

I tried your deconstruction + construction theory, guys. It made a slight difference. I still did Euphie North + North and Nozomu East + East. This time Euphie reached the White Dragon at 1083IT, but unfortunately Nozomu was due to fight the Black Dragon at 1076IT. -_- So again, Euphie is too slow...

Here's some weird things I'm seeing with IT between turns for the teams. Could you guys compare these times with yours, because this might be the problem.

Euphie - Next turn after finishing a mob: 50
Next turn after moving a node: 50
Next turn after not moving: 37

Katima team - Same numbers

Nozomu - Next turn after finishing a mob: 77
Next turn after moving a node: 77
Next turn after not moving: 44

Another weird thing - those numbers don't seem to change regardless of whether I destroy the old Level 3 SoT from 5-1. Also, I'm allowed to build the Level 5 one regardless of whether the Level 3 one is up from the previous level.

Other stats that might matter - Nozomu is Level 18, IP 17. Euphie Level 16, IP 20. Katima's team is IP 20.

And the version I'm playing is 1.0000001

I am seriously sick to death of this.....
Old 2008-08-12, 01:53   Link #232
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
And the version I'm playing is 1.0000001
Now I see the problem.

We're all at the latest patch, 1.00.06. I suggest you get it.

Here's a link. You need the latest version because it fixes up a lot of things, and our strats won't work in ver. 1.00.01 because of those fixes.
Old 2008-08-12, 04:45   Link #233
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, I downloaded the exe file from that link and ran it. What exactly was it meant to install? Because it only installed 4 empty folders/sub-folders for me. Hasn't made any difference to in-game stuff.
Old 2008-08-12, 05:02   Link #234
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Okay, I downloaded the exe file from that link and ran it. What exactly was it meant to install? Because it only installed 4 empty folders/sub-folders for me. Hasn't made any difference to in-game stuff.
Part of the changelog for Version 01.00.06
  • 一部のミッションにおいてクリアランクの算出方法に誤りがある不具合を修正
Old 2008-08-12, 05:26   Link #235
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Um.....okay. So that should make it work according to 1.00.06 rules? Sorry but I can't read a symbol of katakana/kanji.

Because I can still build a Sands of Time even if one already exists. I'm not seeing any changes.

Sorry if I sound angry, it's not directed at any of you guys, I greatly appreciate the help. It's just getting very infuriating being stuck due to problems like this. If the version I have is so bugged, I don't understand how I managed to get this far. I was really enjoying the game until this point. Now it's become a burden because of this stuff, along with playing it untranslated.

Just another thought - were there any patches I needed to download between .01 and .06 to make this work?
Old 2008-08-12, 05:34   Link #236
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Oh, it says that the clear rank calculations for some levels were fixed. This level might be one of them. You only need the latest patch.
IIRC, I had some problems getting the patch to work the first time I installed (froze and didn't complete). If you've got the .06, you shouldn't be able to build an SoT without destroying the old one first.

Though, do you really want that SS rank so much? I remember being perfectly happy with whatever rank I got in my first playthrough .
Old 2008-08-12, 05:47   Link #237
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I made that mistake once. Because I assumed S would be good enough, I had to replay 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4 and Satsuki vs Ruputna because of it. I really don't want to have to go through that again. The moves I missed out on the the lost mana/levels eventually made progress impossible.

Plus I'm a perfectionist/masochist/gamer by nature. I unlocked all 180 emblems in Sonic Advenutre 2, all 140 in Sonic Adventure 1, all 290 trophies in Super Smash Brothers Melee, unlocked and beat Master Mode with 32 of the 40 characters in F-Zero GX (I'm still ticked off the virtually impossible nature of the Story Mode made it impossible to unlock all the secret/AX characters, they looked cool/spunky) and beat every single Ghost on every single track, managed to do the 9-day Pikmin Challenge (the split-second specific guide to do it in the minmum possible of 9 days instead of 30), maxed out Pyro Achievement Weapons in Team Fortress 2 on 3 different accounts and I've also levelled 6 different classes to 70 in World of Warcraft.

Well, if that patch is supposed to make it work...what on earth did it do? I don't see that Sands of Time rule being enforced and I'm not seeing any IT differences yet either.

Edit: I think I may have found a problem. I have never been able to get this game to run from the root/main folder or from the No DVD 01.00.00 folder. I've only ever gotten it to work from the Narukana.exe in the NoDvD 01.00.01 folder. Is that a bad thing?

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2008-08-12 at 06:19.
Old 2008-08-12, 22:25   Link #238
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Edit: I think I may have found a problem. I have never been able to get this game to run from the root/main folder or from the No DVD 01.00.00 folder. I've only ever gotten it to work from the Narukana.exe in the NoDvD 01.00.01 folder. Is that a bad thing?
Now I see another part of the problem. It's more than likely the Update wasn't able to apply the fixes because of the NoDVD. That's my most likely guess, though I don't use a NoDVD for Seinarukana so I can't say for sure.

What I can suggest is that you reinstall Seinarukana, but instead of applying the noDVD patch early on, you either update up to 1.00.06 then apply the NoDVD patch, or you can just go with a mini-Image instead. Me, I use the mini-Image.
Old 2008-08-13, 00:00   Link #239
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, I'll see what I can do. But reinstalling...oh brother. It took me 10 hours to install last time. -_-
Old 2008-08-13, 00:45   Link #240
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Wow. Why that long? It should only take you minutes.

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel