AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-19, 02:19   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
He's basically asking if they will plan more Shakugan no Shana (anime) while the light novels finish up. Something like a new season completely anime original. But this is the last season, and that's been made very clear to all of us.
Actually, I believe he meant to ask if this 'Final' season is for the Anime only, and that the Light Novel is still continuing or have materials left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
...In no way it means that this is going to be the final for the entire story narrated in the novels, right?
Old 2011-07-19, 04:36   Link #82
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I just hope there won't be fillers considering how long the season will be, but considering the novels are finishing up this year, all the material will be there by the time it nears the end, so I'm not worried it will deviate.
Old 2011-07-19, 04:53   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
I just hope there won't be fillers considering how long the season will be, but considering the novels are finishing up this year, all the material will be there by the time it nears the end, so I'm not worried it will deviate.
I don't follow the Light Novels, but with 8 volumes to cover I don't think they could possibly find time for fillers...Right?
Old 2011-07-19, 05:01   Link #84
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't follow the Light Novels, but with 8 volumes to cover I don't think they could possibly find time for fillers...Right?
Well, if pancakes is right, the thing will be 157 episodes long, as opposed to the usual 24 or so, and each season covered up to around 16 volumes iirc. On the other hand, these last 8 volumes have a lot more going on for them than the previous ones so plenty of room for material there.
Old 2011-07-19, 05:38   Link #85
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

I'm really interested in this, and having a large episode count means they can be more faithful to the source material. Though I haven't read the aforementioned material, I still like things to be true to their origins, because I find filler and changes to feel rushed. This is why I enjoyed FMA Brotherhood so much more than the first series to come out. It's also why I prefer books to come out as a mini-series as opposed to a movie.
Old 2011-07-19, 06:47   Link #86
Amagetu

Quote:
Well, if pancakes is right, the thing will be 157 episodes long, as opposed to the usual 24 or so, and each season covered up to around 16 volumes iirc. On the other hand, these last 8 volumes have a lot more going on for them than the previous ones so plenty of room for material there.
I doubt there is going to be 157 episodes.
Old 2011-07-19, 07:24   Link #87
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
...Why would there be 157 episodes ? JC Staff never do more than 24 episodes a season- they don't have that kind of mula He's obviously kidding
Old 2011-07-19, 07:54   Link #88
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
jesus mate they are not gonna animate every single thing that was in the light novels, not one anime has done that EVER! they should just show the main points skip useless things that dont affect the outcome of the show and they can do it easily, if you want the whole story read the novels
Old 2011-07-19, 08:33   Link #89
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Tsuyoshi, you really did believe that did you It was merely pancakes going wild with his imagination. There not really gonna go 157 episodes
Old 2011-07-19, 08:39   Link #90
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually, I believe he meant to ask if this 'Final' season is for the Anime only, and that the Light Novel is still continuing or have materials left.
Please don't argue over what a guy was asking. You could just ask him you know. Like I did? And if he doesn't respond well then I guess there's no point in answering him.

Jezuz.
Old 2011-07-19, 08:42   Link #91
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Tsuyoshi, you really did believe that did you It was merely pancakes going wild with his imagination. There not really gonna go 157 episodes
rofl he knows I was kidding. It just sounds like you guys are liking the idea of 157 episodes......were not considering this. Right? Guys?
Old 2011-07-19, 09:05   Link #92
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

K, I apologize to everyone for the inconvenience caused. I suppose I was being overly optimistic for a moment there -_-
Old 2011-07-19, 09:23   Link #93
Amagetu

Quote:
K, I apologize to everyone for the inconvenience caused. I suppose I was being overly optimistic for a moment there -_-
Hells i'd love there to be 157 episodes too.
Old 2011-07-19, 09:32   Link #94
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

pancakes, you can multi-quote multiple messages into one post instead of double/triple posting for every response. Just click on the button on one post, then click on the quote button on the second post to make it easier.

Also it would be nice seeing 157 episodes actually But then that would leave the anime studio to go into originality which we have already seen that turned into a fiasco...
Old 2011-07-19, 10:40   Link #95
Amagetu

Quote:
pancakes, you can multi-quote multiple messages into one post instead of double/triple posting for every response. Just click on the button on one post, then click on the quote button on the second post to make it easier.

Also it would be nice seeing 157 episodes actually But then that would leave the anime studio to go into originality which we have already seen that turned into a fiasco...
Or they could get the SnS Author to give them actual canon storyline thats anime only.
Old 2011-07-19, 11:19   Link #96
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Which is already happening, J.C. Staff has personally brought along Yashichiro Takahashi (the author) to supervise season 3 to see if it all goes well. So that's why I'm being very optimistic that they are going to follow the novels without any cut to it. If they are going to go with 24 episodes, and personally bringing the author to supervise production. Then I'm sure they are going to end the anime with the novels.
Old 2011-07-19, 11:24   Link #97
Amagetu

Quote:
Which is already happening, J.C. Staff has personally brought along Yashichiro Takahashi (the author) to supervise season 3 to see if it all goes well. So that's why I'm being very optimistic that they are going to follow the novels without any cut to it. If they are going to go with 24 episodes, and personally bringing the author to supervise production. Then I'm sure they are going to end the anime with the novels.
I meant, they could ask the author where to take the story afterwards being Canon.

Would work out. ;p
Old 2011-07-19, 17:00   Link #98
pancakes
*Author

You both make good arguments! And yes i will multi quote from now on thank you.
Old 2011-07-20, 02:30   Link #99
SakaiYuji
Disabled By Request

I wonder when they will show us a trailer for the final seaaon.
I hope soon since I really have to see it :l
Old 2011-07-20, 03:01   Link #100
Amagetu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaiYuji View Post
I wonder when they will show us a trailer for the final seaaon.
I hope soon since I really have to see it :l
I believe there already is one.

It's more a teaser though.
Closed Thread