AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-13, 14:25   Link #1001
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
I think your point is that Sasuke can kill Konoha ninja anytime but what reason does Tobi have to spare those Konoha ninja if they are not in Konoha?

If Tobi spared the Konoha ninja for no reason then it makes little sense to me (if they are not in Konoha) since they could easily have killed the Konoha ninja and gone home, this is my main point.
the scene suggested that tobi and sasuke were maintaining a covert presence on some sort of mission. they were wearing cloaks and keeping to themselves. killing those ninja would have alerted everyone to their presence. you are assuming they were just at a bar having a drink, but I highly doubt that it was just a social outing
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 14:49   Link #1002
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the scene suggested that tobi and sasuke were maintaining a covert presence on some sort of mission. they were wearing cloaks and keeping to themselves. killing those ninja would have alerted everyone to their presence. you are assuming they were just at a bar having a drink, but I highly doubt that it was just a social outing
If Tobi / Sasuke were on a mission that could explain why he stopped Sasuke killing the Konoha ninja but I don't see Kishi going into more detail on what they were doing.

Its ironic that Tobi would stop Sasuke killing their enemy but there are already some plot holes in Naruto so there isn't a explanation for everything that happens.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-13 at 15:39.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 04:33   Link #1003
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

.... What part of "Tobi was trying to avoid a scene" don't you get?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 10:01   Link #1004
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
.... What part of "Tobi was trying to avoid a scene" don't you get?
It's not explained why "Tobi was trying to avoid a scene" (which we were discussing) but I don't see Kishi explaining this unless it has something to do with Tobi's identity.

I think Tobi's identity would be more interesting if he was older then Madara and was the one who showed him how to get EMS rather then Tobi being Obito or a random Uchiha.
Old 2012-04-14, 21:41   Link #1005
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
It's not explained why "Tobi was trying to avoid a scene" (which we were discussing) but I don't see Kishi explaining this unless it has something to do with Tobi's identity.
Eh? Ehhhh?

Did you seriously just ask: "Why would Tobi try to avoid a scene?"

Why would anyone try to avoid a scene?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 22:38   Link #1006
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Eh? Ehhhh?

Did you seriously just ask: "Why would Tobi try to avoid a scene?"

Why would anyone try to avoid a scene?
I didn't ask something, I was talking about how myself and itachi-san314 were discussing the bar scene flashback as we don't know why Tobi and Sasuke were at the bar.

Spoiler for Tobi:

In the pic above Tobi talks about all pasts, all futures and existences which makes it seem like Kishi is thinking of making Tobi be someone from another reality or future.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:27   Link #1007
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

I came across the most sensible theory yet today from another website. "Tobi was created through Izanami by Madara before he died".

Seems to make sense to me.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 21:22   Link #1008
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post
I came across the most sensible theory yet today from another website. "Tobi was created through Izanami by Madara before he died".

its a good theory and completely possible especially given the timing of the izamani reveal recently. it really depends on izanami's limitations though. if it just creates anything you want, then why not make tobi an immortal? tobi can clearly be harmed and possibly killed given what we've seen with minato and konan fighting him. he's also part zetsu so that needs some explanation too. good theory, but incomplete at the moment
Old 2012-04-20, 18:43   Link #1009
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
its a good theory and completely possible especially given the timing of the izamani reveal recently. it really depends on izanami's limitations though. if it just creates anything you want, then why not make tobi an immortal? tobi can clearly be harmed and possibly killed given what we've seen with minato and konan fighting him. he's also part zetsu so that needs some explanation too. good theory, but incomplete at the moment
Izanami probably has a limit to how much reality it can change based on how much chakra you use.

So it could drain a biju to change reality to the point that you make someone immortal, if this is even possible with izanami.

If Tobi knows izanami he may not have been able to make himself immortal with it since it seems izanami can't be used on yourself like izanagi can.
Old 2012-04-20, 23:06   Link #1010
itachi-san314

Quote:
If Tobi knows izanami he may not have been able to make himself immortal with it since it seems izanami can't be used on yourself like izanagi can.
well, the original point was that madara used izanami to create tobi making tobi in a sense 'nobody'. just a living creation of madara most likely with madara's mind and thoughts and made just to fill the gap between madara's death and rebirth so that the moon's eye plan could be carried out in that interim time and to ensure that madara did get resurrected
Old 2012-04-21, 09:29   Link #1011
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post

I think the theory would make more sense if we knew what Izanami was. As far as I know, Itachi was about to use Izanami and then we got a Kabuto flashback. Do you mean Izanagi?
Old 2012-04-21, 12:39   Link #1012
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
well, the original point was that madara used izanami to create tobi making tobi in a sense 'nobody'. just a living creation of madara most likely with madara's mind and thoughts and made just to fill the gap between madara's death and rebirth so that the moon's eye plan could be carried out in that interim time and to ensure that madara did get resurrected
If Madara created Tobi he may not have had enough chakra to make Tobi's body immortal as he could have needed biju level chakra to do this, if this is possible.

Itachi knows Izanami so there's a chance Tobi knows it as well which would be odd since Tobi should have used it against Konan.
Old 2012-04-21, 15:45   Link #1013
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Tobi is my next door neighbour who likes to grow turnips....then eat those turnips.
Old 2012-04-25, 06:50   Link #1014
prakash123

i dont understand why all of u keep saying that tobi is somehow madara/connected to or with madara.theres just no proof or evidence thats ties it up.if its true what u guys are saying then why hasnt edo madara spoken about tobi?why the suspense?revealing it would not change anything.why couldnt he have at least said "ah its been a while wheres my little friend"?and why was tobi shocked to see kabuto summom madara?i mean wouldnt 2 madaras be a hell lot stronger than 1?

i just want to say that tobi is not madara or nothing abt madara is tobi.no shit from madara is inside of tobi.tobi is just someone we dont know.

Last edited by prakash123; 2012-04-25 at 07:09.
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 14:02   Link #1015
d3monlord

tobi would be the other guy..he is not madara...time will come kishi will reveal who he is...you just have to wait
d3monlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 11:06   Link #1016
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
i dont understand why all of u keep saying that tobi is somehow madara/connected to or with madara.theres just no proof or evidence thats ties it up.if its true what u guys are saying then why hasnt edo madara spoken about tobi?
there hasn't been an appropriate time for him to mention tobi. why would he do that? he was just resurrected and started fighting 5 kages. not really the best time for conversation that doesn't pertain to the fight. also, tobi wearing the mask has been a massive suspense builder. having a character who is not even near him reveal his identity would be a huge let down with little to no impact on the readers

Quote:
why the suspense?
because thats the whole point of hiding someone's identity... its a storytelling mechanism to keep readers interested which obviously is working on all of us.

Quote:
revealing it would not change anything.
it would solve one of the biggest mysteries in anime history

Quote:
why couldnt he have at least said "ah its been a while wheres my little friend"?
because thats horrible writing. for madara to stop mid-fight and say something like that would be beyond awful.

Madara: "hold on guys, stop attacking for a minute. Time out. I just wanted to say for no reason that tobi is uchiha kagami."

Kages: "???"

Madara: "you know? that guy who was on sarutobi hiruzen's team a while back with the second hokage? kagami? you know... oh screw it, back to the fight. forget i said anything, he wants it to be a surprise"

Quote:
and why was tobi shocked to see kabuto summom madara?
kabuto having madara's dna is a huge surprise. kabuto also fell right into tobi's plans by summoning madara. after the initial surprise, tobi was laughing as if pleased

Quote:
i just want to say that tobi is not madara or nothing abt madara is tobi.no shit from madara is inside of tobi.tobi is just someone we dont know.
no way to know that. all we have are clues which you are choosing to ignore. if tobi is someone random like kagami then you will be right and the story will be bad
Old 2012-06-12, 19:27   Link #1017
Mateus

Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2012-06-16, 13:38   Link #1018
prakash123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Spoiler for Just in case:
Well ur theory kinda makes sense as to why tobi is gathering all the bijuu.maybe the juubi just wants to revive itself and rule the world?it just needs a form or a vesel to carry out its plans maybe?
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 00:21   Link #1019
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
Well ur theory kinda makes sense as to why tobi is gathering all the bijuu.maybe the juubi just wants to revive itself and rule the world?it just needs a form or a vesel to carry out its plans maybe?
i could buy into the juubi wanting to revive itself but the thing is that the moon's eye plan sounds (and looks like it in the foreshadowing description) like an ultimate sharingan technique. the moon literally looked like a sharingan with layers of tomoe. it doesn't sound to me like something the juubi would do or strive for. its much more likely to be someone like madara or RS's elder son.
Old 2012-06-21, 00:24   Link #1020
Sasukemaru
Banned

Itachisan's response to prakash123 about madara and tobi was fucking hilarious....anyway.

Madara did allude to tobi when kabuto told him he doesn't think tobi is going along with his plans anymore. As of late i believe the izuna theory has picked up traction and this is why.

Tobi seems to know everything about madara, which would be a given for izuna since they were said to be close brothers.
Tobi holds a grudge against konoha and the uchiha, izuna would hate the leaf for obvious reasons, and he would be pretty pissed at the uchiha who abandoned his bro and sided with the leaf after he sacrificed his eyes to madara.
Tobi's slender build resembles izunas body, much more so then madara's build. Not to mention short/long hair tobi looks more like izunas hair.
Tobi claimed to have given the rinnegan to nagato, which would be true in a way considering madara's eyes were originally izuna's, so he was just "taking back what was his"..
Tobi claims izuna willingly gave his eyes to madara, which would show a great amount of love and respect on izuna's part, enough so to claim to be madara to continue his work, and plan for nagato to resurrect his dead brother.
He has been called madara by genius ninja who haven't seen his face or been told by tobi he is madara, he has also been called madara by those who have seen his face. This could be due to the fact that they share a brotherly resemblance, and were said to be equal in power when they both had a ms.
Tobi may make the claim to be no one out of the fact he is completely overshadowed by his brother despite being his equal at one time.
Tobi claims to be a shell of his former self, which may be a reference to izuna losing his ms and never attaining a new one.
Tobi is shown to have thousands of sharingans, which may be needed if izuna would have to constantly change eyes because none are compatible to him, much like oro with bodies.
Izuna could have faked his own death, his brother did after all.

Okay...discuss.

Last edited by Sasukemaru; 2012-06-21 at 00:36.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tobi