AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-12-03, 18:48   Link #1281
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narberal View Post
btw can anyone tell me what is Avalon's theory on how to get death mage? oh and also does other people(kingdom and empire) already know about Heinz title about being the Holy Mother killer?
Avalon's theory is that you need to "die once" and then recover. So he plans to kill Metamorph and then revive her as a test. However, the chapter itself pointed out that if his theory was correct then Legion would have full death attribute magic rather than partial.

I don't think anybody knows about Heinz's "Holy Mother Killer" title outside his party. Ditto the "Enemy of Vida" title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
who are the people vandaru blessed in origin? I'm reading the raw with Google sensei but it's not really that helpful in details but from what I understand in the spoilers here, he gave a blessing to the brainwashed one and the daughter of narumi mei, and her brother. but it looks like he also blessed the druid? guy. the one with trauma but I'm or sure which is why I'm asking question on who are the one blessed in origin.
Van's Guidance affected quite a lot of people on Origin, to the extent that many people spoke on forums about it. The only named ones are Metamorph, Druid, Mei and her brother Hiroshi. The only one Van has given a power-up to though is Hiroshi.

The Druid guy (Joseph Smith) is basically a gentle guy who was traumatised by all the things he saw and was having nightmares and so on. After being Guided by Van he felt a lot better. One day he happened to meet Mei (and Bander) because he was helping out with guarding the kids. Bander/Van filled him in on the details about what Avalon is up to. Druid doesn't completely trust Bander/Van but is pretty close.

Metamorph has been brainwashed by Avalon for a long time but Van's Guidance is causing her to awaken somewhat. I wouldn't be surprised if Avalon's death/resurrection experiment on her happens to awaken her completely. In which case, I can imagine her being... rather upset.

Bander is teaching Hiroshi No Attribute Magic, which isn't recognised on Origin. He also gave Hiroshi some of the cheat powerups he got by eating some of the reincarnators' souls (eg mana regen from Murakami).
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 05:00   Link #1282
tsunade666

what is the new race of Luciano, Doug and the other children that participate in the experiment? the MT results are bad. I cant understand what it mean.
Old 2018-12-04, 17:31   Link #1283
Garn

Ávalon has Undead as a target in the test result of the hypothesis, but this will not be so since Legion when arriving at the world of Lambda realizes that it's only a limited version thanks to the ability to use "status", something that doesn't exist in Origin. If we put the vampires as an example, perhaps Avalon sees all the users of death magic as average vampires of the same level even Undead, but that would be wrong since Van would be at a Progenitor level. And if the hypothesis is correct, to create another Van, high-level altered souls would be needed, someone who can destroy souls, someone who can unite them and the soul to stay together for a long time.
- that conclusion I get
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 18:05   Link #1284
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
what is the new race of Luciano, Doug and the other children that participate in the experiment? the MT results are bad. I cant understand what it mean.
It's rather hard to translate. Perhaps something like "Dark One". A lot of Van's stuff involves the word "dark", eg "dark king magician" as the upgrade for "death attribute magician".

It's reckoned to be an ageless race btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garn View Post
Ávalon has Undead as a target in the test result of the hypothesis, but this will not be so since Legion when arriving at the world of Lambda realizes that it's only a limited version thanks to the ability to use "status", something that doesn't exist in Origin. If we put the vampires as an example, perhaps Avalon sees all the users of death magic as average vampires of the same level even Undead, but that would be wrong since Van would be at a Progenitor level. And if the hypothesis is correct, to create another Van, high-level altered souls would be needed, someone who can destroy souls, someone who can unite them and the soul to stay together for a long time.
- that conclusion I get
Well, Mei is a confirmed death attribute magician. Whatever Pluto did to her as a foetus/zygote did it, it seems.

One theory I have is that "death attribute magic" requires the 100% removal of all other attributes because they get in the way. The researchers who originally created the 8th Guidance Members tried it and it sort of worked. So perhaps they were only partially successful at removing all other attributes but what the original Demon King did to the 4 souls that make up Van and what Pluto did to Mei had the full effect?
Old 2018-12-04, 18:47   Link #1285
Garn

I personally think Mei will be at a level equal to Pluto of Origin or lower since she was affected by limited and specific death magic (if I remember correctly, Legion was affected by Van to awaken the powers that they would have), but Mei may have what Avalon wants, immortality, since Pluto was the closest (I think) to that area to manipulate the death of others.
Old 2018-12-05, 11:02   Link #1286
Narberal
King of the Night

which kind of immortality does he want? the stop aging one or the not dying from old age/sickness or deadpool immortality?

too bad for him that he got reincarnated in origin and not in lambda but now his only way getting to lambda without getting his memory wipe is with the help of Van/Zuruwarn
Narberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-05, 11:48   Link #1287
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
I personally think Mei will be at a level equal to Pluto of Origin or lower since she was affected by limited and specific death magic (if I remember correctly, Legion was affected by Van to awaken the powers that they would have), but Mei may have what Avalon wants, immortality, since Pluto was the closest (I think) to that area to manipulate the death of others.
I believe Mei is confirmed to be a true death mage by the author. She's not actually used it yet but all signs in the story are pointing that way as well.

Quote:
which kind of immortality does he want? the stop aging one or the not dying from old age/sickness or deadpool immortality?

too bad for him that he got reincarnated in origin and not in lambda but now his only way getting to lambda without getting his memory wipe is with the help of Van/Zuruwarn
Avalon kinda reminds me of a certain bad guy from "kumo desu ga, nani ka" in terms of attitude and goals though his motivations and priorities are a bit different - that guy's primary goal is true immortality.

Anyway... Avalon's cheats are accelerated growth and no walls to growth, which is pretty much what a standard "divine protection" on Lambda gives you - the author has said that if Van "ate" Avalon's cheats, it'd barely affect him. That being said, it's unique for Origin. If Avalon can live forever then he can keep growing and growing and become more and more powerful over time and he'd eventually become a god, he thinks. It seems that a large part of his motivation is that he believes himself superior rather than simply wanting to be immortal. So in short it feels more like megalomania that's driving him more but that immortality (living forever) is a problem that needs to be solved in order to achieve that. He'd probably be happy with any form of immortality that allowed him to satisfy his megalomania.

Yep, he could achieve immortality much more easily on Lambda but with his ego I think he'd rather be the biggest fish in a small pond, as it were. Origin could be said to be the "bigger pond" in most regards but the typical size of the fish is tiny compared to Lambda. Even with immortality he'd be quite ordinary on Lambda, if you consider that there's a lot of demi-gods around as well as rank 13+ "monsters".

The way the story is going, I'd expect Avalon to die on Origin without his soul being broken and then Rodcorte will set him up to take out Van on Lambda, using that special fragment of the Demon King that Rodcorte has kept as an emergency measure. Rodcorte has talked about powering up Avalon as much as possible if he can reincarnate him, even if it reduces his lifetime significantly. So we might get a situation where Avalon thinks he's easily getting what he wants but with some big downsides that Rodcorte declines to mention, heh. If this scenario does happen then perhaps we'll see Alda finally realise that Rodcorte cannot be trusted - in turn proving that Vida's attempts to create an alternative circle of reincarnation were justified.
Old 2018-12-05, 12:10   Link #1288
Narberal
King of the Night

I don't think we will ever see Alda wise up considering how his eyes is only for Belwood

man, I seriously find it weird how cocky those bravers are when they are told about Lambda and belittling.

Wish there is a time skip already kinda wanna see the reaction of those 2 baby bravers once they got back their memories and facing Van.

BTW Alda's and the gods on his side only plan to face Van is just to awaken Belwood?
Old 2018-12-05, 12:48   Link #1289
Garn

^^Really?, I see the "pretext" of Mei's complete death magic very simple, at least a subsequent development that makes it go from limited to complete would be better.

^If it's about the 3 who decided to be born as babies, that event is over, two of those who are in Van's empire have already confessed, the other is looking for a way to meet Van (the 3 are about 3-5 years old). Omitting the fanatical gods of Alda, only Alda believes that Belwood will solve everything.
Old 2018-12-05, 13:19   Link #1290
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
I don't think we will ever see Alda wise up considering how his eyes is only for Belwood
I certainly think it's unlikely at the moment. Yes indeed, Alda and many of those around him have been strongly influenced by Bellwood. So I doubt Alda's going to properly re-examine himself unless he realises that Bellwood is wrong. I've got some ideas how that might happen but I've no idea how likely they are. Some things lead me to believe that it's possible that Alda could get some sort of redemption but we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
man, I seriously find it weird how cocky those bravers are when they are told about Lambda and belittling.

Wish there is a time skip already kinda wanna see the reaction of those 2 baby bravers once they got back their memories and facing Van.
The 2 reincarnators at Talosheim have already regained their memories and already confessed to Van (who has no problem with them). The 3rd one is in the Hartner Duchy which has some bad blood with Van - she's also recently regained her memories and has already realised that her new family have done some stupid things.

Quote:
BTW Alda's and the gods on his side only plan to face Van is just to awaken Belwood?
Well, not just that. They're also trying to raise a new generation of powerful heroes to fight Van's side - that's why Alda triggered an eclipse in the 9th arc after all. It's not going all that well though and as usual Alda is too slow to respond and his response is too weak anyway.

Alda has also been doing some things to gain more control over the Amid Empire so that he can direct them to fight Van.

Quote:
^^Really?, I see the "pretext" of Mei's complete death magic very simple, at least a subsequent development that makes it go from limited to complete would be better.
I'm pretty sure I read a quote from the author that Mei is a full death mage.

Mei becoming that way is possibly directly dependant on Mei being so young at the time of Pluto's actions. For example, we know that on Origin they don't attempt to measure someone's magical attributes until they're 3 because they don't stabilise until then. That doesn't appear to be simply because of the child's mental development though, so it's possibly more about the soul stabilising to the body. Which means that at the time of Pluto's actions, Mei's soul would have been in a more flexible state, I guess, meaning that it was possible to change it much more dramatically than an adult (or even a young child).

While the scum researchers on Origin did experiment on children I don't think it was mentioned that they experimented on babies.
Old 2018-12-05, 14:45   Link #1291
Garn

What I will comment is basically what I remember, but as far as I know the attributes are not linked to the soul (Legion and the others did not go through the "washing" of souls), this is implied by Vida after meeting with Van in where she mentions to the other gods that even if Van dies, he will continue with the death magic since has merged into the atypical soul that he has, also, for Pluto to affect Mei's soul in some way it would be with a power comparable to a lesser god.

But I may be wrong and it is not the whole matter of breaking souls and uniting them, but the fact that each of the 4 (?) Hero was destroyed (death experience) and were united (returned from death) , what made Van have that potential, and the fact that they were four and the resulting atypical form of the soul that made it even more abnormal. So, if Pluto is taken as the demon king and Mei as the 4 heroes then this would be repeated. But my biggest problem is that I wanted a more elaborate motive since what happened with Mei can not be called as something "special", I don't think that an organization that would profit from Van massively and and with great influence, would not have experimented with all kinds of "methods" (after all there were animals and abducted children).

Writing the above, I remember that it is not yet decisively explained how Van got the death magic, have to wait until that part of the story is reached.
Old 2018-12-05, 16:51   Link #1292
lexlexz

what is butoh skill? is it dance?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-05, 16:58   Link #1293
kari-no-sugata II

^ I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting you but it's been explicitly confirmed within the story (by the narrator and the author) that dying and returning is NOT what causes death attribute affinity. We don't know what does yet - the author has commented that it might be possible to guess but it would be difficult (or something like that).

I remember Vida saying that the Demon King fragments had completely fused with Van's soul. I can't remember her commenting about the death attribute in a similar way though.

While a lot of things are lost when a soul is normally reincarnated (memories, special powers) I don't think it's been said that the soul's attribute affinities are reset or randomised. I suspect it might stay the same. That being said, it's also known that the body affects the soul, so there might be limits or something but I don't know if changing the body can change attributes (I don't remember it being mentioned for anyone converting race for example)

In Van's case at least I believe he always had the death attribute the last 100,000 years.. On Earth he had little presence - same as on Origin and Lambda. That's due to him unconsciously using the death attribute, I believe (it's confirmed at least for Lambda but I don't remember it being explicitly confirmed that he was using death attribute on Earth).

So I think that when the Demon King broke the 4 souls, those soul fragments were bathed in death attribute mana, which somehow converted the soul to have death attribute affinity. Ditto with the 8th Guidance and Mei's soul. Somehow usage of death attribute can cause it in others, but it doesn't always happen perfectly (eg with 8th Guidance). Of course, we still don't know how the Demon King got death attribute in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
what is butoh skill? is it dance?
Yes. 舞踏 ("butou") = dance.
Old 2018-12-05, 21:22   Link #1294
Garn

I have an unreliable memory and I read many novels at the same time so that I may be mixing, it will be seen when the matter of Mei becomes more important.
I don't remember that the DK had the death attribute, gods of the enemy side mention that they feel something similar from Van but nothing about that is the same, also the Lambda gods mention that Van's attribute is something they have never seen even with the DK, although they do mention that the souls may have been influenced at the time of breaking them, so it can be taken as a mutation.
Old 2018-12-06, 08:11   Link #1295
Narberal
King of the Night

Then again those baby during the Ghoul experimental arc should have a trace of death attribute considering their fertilization itself is due to Van using his magic on them... then again those are just fertilized eggs pretty much doesnt contain a soul yet, but it did said something that Van's mana transformed those orcs/goblin/kobold baby into a new race, but guessing since he wasnt actively using his death attribute magic, which only cause them to change race and not get death attribute, but Mei's case is a bit diff since Pluto was actively using her death attribute magic on her.
Old 2018-12-07, 15:43   Link #1296
tsunade666

the author is really giving bellwood a good hype. zakkat and the others are being treated as not a threat and thry dont know how to fight, by gudarinis but he hate bellwood because he beat him. I wonder how strong he really is. plus the computation of one of the angel of dumbcorte, she didn't give the actual number but alda' s group has numerical advantage in gods number. Vida' s group is weaken and currently, alda is leading in terms of power and number but they are limited in God's realm. as long as vandal wait for them to descent on lamda, he has advantage.

also, I cant believe how dumb dumbcorte is. the author is pretty deliberate on his character. dumbcorte is so sure of himself that it's not funny anymore even if his angels warned him. he didn't listen. which is why I'm actually proud for the angles to don't care much about him anymore, and just focus on mastering the system. if by the time, vandal is finish with dumbcorte, at least the 3 angels would know how to operate the system. as replacement. though the problem for the system management of lamda is still unresolved. if vandal wins and massacre the alda group, unless he finds a way to replace the pillar gods. lamda is doomed.
Old 2018-12-09, 06:11   Link #1297
tsunade666

The latest chapters are nice. Its an all out war against gods now.

Race for Botin's sealed area.

Heinz. Why do I feel that he would side with Van in the end. If and only IF. Selene manage to talk with Van. But Van is cunning enough to make the return letter to be impossible to read by a child which makes it for the adults to only read.

Heinz isn't that all time bad. At least he thinks. Unlike Alda and Dumbcorte. Or maybe it's just that gods thinks things differently but Alda is influence too much by Bellwood. I blame Bellwood for the current affairs. Alda is okay guy enough to at least think of going to renew his relationship with Vida and he isn't really all going all out to kill Vida's race. Its all influence of Bellwood.

Lol. on when Dumbcorte got blue screen of Death when Kanako become a guider.
Old 2018-12-09, 06:18   Link #1298
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Lol Blue Screen Of Death! Ahahahah
The moment that even thought your a God & still got "BSOD" thats the time you knew you fck up big time!!

Ahahaha only Blue Screen Of Death can give even the Gods a true taste of dread
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 13:37   Link #1299
Narberal
King of the Night

Quote:
The latest chapters are nice. Its an all out war against gods now.

Race for Botin's sealed area.

Heinz. Why do I feel that he would side with Van in the end. If and only IF. Selene manage to talk with Van. But Van is cunning enough to make the return letter to be impossible to read by a child which makes it for the adults to only read.

Heinz isn't that all time bad. At least he thinks. Unlike Alda and Dumbcorte. Or maybe it's just that gods thinks things differently but Alda is influence too much by Bellwood. I blame Bellwood for the current affairs. Alda is okay guy enough to at least think of going to renew his relationship with Vida and he isn't really all going all out to kill Vida's race. Its all influence of Bellwood.

Lol. on when Dumbcorte got blue screen of Death when Kanako become a guider.
which kind of guider did she got? hopefully not something Van could get

on the bright side.... PROJECT: IDOL = rip Dumbcorte

wonder if Van and Kanako could use their Guider on Origin and Earth and bring the people there to Vida's system? specially with how Kanako would be more dangerous in those world
Old 2018-12-09, 15:41   Link #1300
tsunade666

her guider is entertainer? not sure but that's what Google sensei said.

the ability is to guide i music. the ability enchancd dancing and singing skill.

the job alone alone it's not really a problem. it doesn't change the reincarnation cycle. your skill connected to dumbcorte, but with Van as her producer it's a big problem.

kanako can guide someone a lot easier than van. van's guiding skill are more on specific on things or has certain requirements to meet. but kanako is a lot easier. liking her songs, making it easier for her to guide you. and the people she had guided will become easier to become guided by van.

plus kanako's song is easier to spread and be known. the thing that dumbcorte feared and the 3 angels of him is when van start producing cd' s for singles and albums or when he starts making the net or video of her concert start spreading.

currently, there are video recording device but they are costly and can only be viewed by nobles. but van is using the demon fragments to make HD video and Projection just for farce movie. if Van start using the videos and spread kanako' s song. dumbcorte and angels feared that it would lead to all in lambda to be guided to Vita's reincarnation circle.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist