AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2024-03-09, 06:28   Link #1481
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I watched one of his series during childhood, and I will miss him. He has made many contributions to the comic industry.

Hell, maybe if other comics from other series heard of this, they could make a series special to honor him.

May he rest in peace, and I pray that his disciple will maintain his legacy.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-09, 17:39   Link #1482
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Toriyama is dead. That is sad.
Old 2024-03-11, 05:15   Link #1483
Liddo-kun
is this so?

rest in peace to the great man.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-15, 22:26   Link #1484
Galaxian

Next chapter we get the continuation of UI Goku vs Beast Gohan and then Broly vs. Beast Gohan, with Broly finally going into SSJ for the second time.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-16, 18:02   Link #1485
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Goku legit forgot Pan existed...

The fights were all inconclusive, but Gohan seemed above the rest.
Old 2024-03-18, 07:26   Link #1486
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The thing about forgetting Pan seems to have evolved all the bad dad memes into granddad memes. Still, I'm not sure what's the point of making Gohan fight everybody if we don't jump to any conclusion other than notice he is just strong.
Old 2024-03-18, 16:26   Link #1487
GDB

The Pan thing is likely a word play (bread), but it doesn't excuse how awful a person Goku continues to be in Super.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 17:30   Link #1488
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The Pan thing is likely a word play (bread), but it doesn't excuse how awful a person Goku continues to be in Super.
When in all the series that related to the brand of Dragon Ball Son Goku ever acted as a responsible parent or even as a responsible human?
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-18, 18:26   Link #1489
GDB

One could argue at the very beginning of Z, in the short time before Raditz showed up.
Old 2024-03-18, 19:05   Link #1490
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Not so much awful as retarded.

"Hey Vegeta, what's a kiss?"
Old 2024-03-19, 03:10   Link #1491
GDB

He can be both.
Old 2024-03-19, 08:55   Link #1492
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Goku legit forgot Pan existed...

The fights were all inconclusive, but Gohan seemed above the rest.
Well, Pan forgot Goku exist. Beerus forgot Gohan. Its a pun for the comic, dun need to dive into it.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 15:52   Link #1493
GDB

Pan is 4 years old. It's normal for a 4 year old to forget people they don't see for a while, and at this point Goku's been off-planet for months (if not >1 year). In fact, if he's been gone over a year (which the timeline suggests), she'd have been only 2 (maybe pushing 3) the last time she saw him, and would have no memory of who he is in the first place.

Beerus just doesn't care about people he isn't forced to interact with. He's well known for being a self-centered ass.

This is solely on Goku being a horrible person (and likely a wording pun), especially given even Vegeta remembered Pan.
Old 2024-03-20, 06:48   Link #1494
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

To play the Devil's Avocate, I'd say the most horrible thing Goku did as a father was sending Gohan to fight Cell. While it was bad, he quickly changed his mind when Piccolo explained how Gohan really feels about fighting the android. From there, I'm not really sure why Goku didn't want to be revived in that arc. Maybe the worst thing he did in the Buu arc was letting the villain kill his children and barely angst in response in the manga. The ending of the manga was more played for laughs in contrast to the anime which ended with Chichi feeling abandoned. Then Super came....
Old 2024-03-20, 09:59   Link #1495
TURI123456

Quote:
One could argue at the very beginning of Z, in the short time before Raditz showed up.
You can't say that is a lot...
Old 2024-03-20, 15:39   Link #1496
GDB

Never claimed it was a lot, just that there was at least one instance.
Old 2024-03-25, 16:22   Link #1497
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
When in all the series that related to the brand of Dragon Ball Son Goku ever acted as a responsible parent or even as a responsible human?
I'd have to look for it again, but someone actually made a YT vid about Goku's parenting, noting that actually at least in Z he was a very loving and devoted father, who even encouraged Gohan to follow his own path to be a scholar if that's what he wanted. It only looks like he's an irresponsible dad because he's dead a lot of the time and the story skips over periods when he's home. It's also worth noting that his first SS transformation wasn't actually due to his friend's death, at least not entirely. Freeza killed Krillin and then cheerfully declared he would kill Gohan next. Rage for Krillin was certainly part of it, but a lot of it was also apparently desperation to protect his son.

I'd say part of why he looks like such a "bad father" is actually because Gohan's more of a scholar than a fighter. Goku is extremely book dumb, and a little too passionate about combat, so he has trouble relating to things outside of martial arts. Thus, it's hard for him to support his son's passion in a participative manner. Trunks enjoys fighting, so it's easy for Vegeta to spend quality time with him and actually guide his growth. For Goku, supporting his son often involves letting him do his own thing and just letting him know he's proud.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-25, 19:39   Link #1498
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'd have to look for it again, but someone actually made a YT vid about Goku's parenting, noting that actually at least in Z he was a very loving and devoted father, who even encouraged Gohan to follow his own path to be a scholar if that's what he wanted. It only looks like he's an irresponsible dad because he's dead a lot of the time and the story skips over periods when he's home. It's also worth noting that his first SS transformation wasn't actually due to his friend's death, at least not entirely. Freeza killed Krillin and then cheerfully declared he would kill Gohan next. Rage for Krillin was certainly part of it, but a lot of it was also apparently desperation to protect his son.

I'd say part of why he looks like such a "bad father" is actually because Gohan's more of a scholar than a fighter. Goku is extremely book dumb, and a little too passionate about combat, so he has trouble relating to things outside of martial arts. Thus, it's hard for him to support his son's passion in a participative manner. Trunks enjoys fighting, so it's easy for Vegeta to spend quality time with him and actually guide his growth. For Goku, supporting his son often involves letting him do his own thing and just letting him know he's proud.
Goku was a fine father until the end of the Namek saga, where he refused to be teleported back to Earth so he could train with aliens and abandoned his family for an entire year. Then three years after he came back, he made the utter dick move of giving a senzu to Cell before sending Gohan to fight him, because he thought Gohan enjoyed fighting as much as he did when he was just a terrified 11 year old. It took Piccolo pointing that out to him for him to realize his mistake. Then he decided he didn't want to be brought back to life under some twisted logic his presence attracts villains, but let his real feelings show through when he stated there are tons of strong people to fight in the other world.

Then Super happens, no need to go over it. Then comes end of Z, where he abandons his family to train a kid for "a few years" when he could easily just teleport home every evening. Sure, his kids were grown up, but he had a wife and a granddaughter who absolutely loved her grandfather. No fucks given.
Old 2024-03-26, 06:50   Link #1499
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
That's something I hate about the series. You can kill any character and it's just a tool to work as development for the survivor since the Dragon Balls revive them five chapters later. First it happened with Krillin and then with Trunks. The Buu arc is where I stopped caring about Goku and Vegeta since they escape from the planet in the climax, resulting in the deaths of their children.
Old 2024-03-26, 09:15   Link #1500
TURI123456

Quote:

Son Goku allows to his son (Son Gohan) to go to Namek it's not something so responsible to do.

The question isn't if Son Goku is a person who takes care of his friends but if Son Goku is a responsible father.

Quote:
Never claimed it was a lot, just that there was at least one instance.

I didn't mean that you said it was long. I just meant that's not something that we can use to judge because it was short.

Tags
donkan mc