AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-04, 09:01   Link #281
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The "new" info could've easily been covered in like 1/3 of the chapter... but it got so dragged out that it took all 30 chapters.... Its bad enough that its monthly but to drag it out like this? ...maybe I should read it like once every few months
Old 2008-10-04, 09:30   Link #282
Weils

Rubel and the side he's working for were pretty smart. They didn't have to do any major offense against the Organization and just observe the developments that follow. And speaking about the recent developments, the Organization is going to screw itself so hard from all the botched creations and their rebellions that they will just conveniently destroy itself sooner or later without the enemy even attacking.

Except that Rubel is going to throw the Ghosts into the mix and hopefully get them all killed from the battle between Org, ABs, AOs. That's the problem with information. Even though the good guys know that Rubel is up to no good with his usual ways, they can't help but follow up on his info. Hence he's the messenger of temptation.
Old 2008-10-04, 09:33   Link #283
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have we got a scene where Rubel speaks to the Org with one face, and thinking about something deviant within himself?
Old 2008-10-04, 09:46   Link #284
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but have we got a scene where Rubel speaks to the Org with one face, and thinking about something deviant within himself?
Sort of, we have the scene where Clarice talks about the missing swords of warriors she reckoned survived. The org thinks nothing of it as such, but Rubel thinks to himself that Miria isn't a likely one to accept death but doesn't voice this.
Old 2008-10-04, 10:00   Link #285
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

I wonder why Rubel wants to kill the partially awakened claymores. What do you think is his motive?
Old 2008-10-04, 10:03   Link #286
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer13 View Post
I wonder why Rubel wants to kill the partially awakened claymores. What do you think is his motive?
as he said, partially awakened claymores = closer to the organization developing controllable awakened beings.

IF the organization discovered this fact which he hid so well, then theres a chance the organization would be a step closer to controllable AB's which then means more of a threat to the dragon-kin.
Old 2008-10-04, 10:11   Link #287
KillerYomaFromSpace

Rubel is as much of an asshole as the organization, probably, even more.

the organization is guilty of most tragedies that happens there, but its Rubel and the others (sry, but i can't call them dragon kin or descendants of dragons, I just can't) the ones that are perpetualizing that situation
Old 2008-10-04, 10:25   Link #288
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
Rubel is as much of an asshole as the organization, probably, even more.

the organization is guilty of most tragedies that happens there, but its Rubel and the others (sry, but i can't call them dragon kin or descendants of dragons, I just can't) the ones that are perpetualizing that situation
Rubel is the Magnificent Bastard, as of now. I'm kinda disappointed that he's not the Chessmaster, but "merely" a spy. Maybe, Sensei will throw us a Wham chapter by stating that Rubel is a high ranking fellow "on the other side".
Old 2008-10-04, 10:26   Link #289
iLney

When Rubel said "we," it meant there were others?

This chapter just proved that the distance b/w an AO and anything else (those former #1 wannabe) except Priscilla is like earth and heaven It seems that the thing and Riful kinda equal in term of power. Too bad, Luciela is gone for real. The Org and Rubel only concerned about Raph's awakening.

And wth? In those 7 years, Isley seemed to retire from politik?? And the DK just wanted to destroy the Org from within? I was hoping for some AO-dragon fights
Old 2008-10-04, 10:31   Link #290
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Wars are costly, and I have the sense that both sides are close to ruin now. As for Isley, well.... we still have no idea how much he had said tol Raki, and what he left out.
Old 2008-10-04, 10:53   Link #291
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
Truth be told it was the anime that ruined him and made him appear to be a cry baby.

Manga version is alot better and likeable (his one of my favourite characters in the series)
I disagree. I found the manga version of him a lot more unbearable than the anime version, having read the manga first. The whole time, I just wished something out there, anything, would eat him.
Old 2008-10-04, 10:54   Link #292
Dreadz!
Rasta Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
Too bad, Luciela is gone for real. The Org and Rubel only concerned about Raph's awakening.
Remember, they still know nothing about actual state of things with Raph and Luci, they presume something, but they cant even imagine they merged imho.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:14   Link #293
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
oh, you're right, it seems that after Riful attacked Audrey, she attacked another group.

on page 5:

"Rubel - Although there was concern about who had rescued them…

Rubel - What was of greater concern was what Riful had said.

Rubel - Riful was looking for Claymores with exceptional Yoki-perception.

Rubel - What could she be intending to do after finding such a person?"

This is still really similar to the incident with Audrey. But it's possible that there was another case where 1)Riful caught a group of claymores, 2)That group was saved 3)Riful mentioned her need for Claymores who can sense yoki exceptionally well.

Who possibly is this new hero?
No. Riful already told her objective to Audrey when she was playing with them. Audrey just reported what she heard back to the Org.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:15   Link #294
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Rubel is the Magnificent Bastard, as of now. I'm kinda disappointed that he's not the Chessmaster, but "merely" a spy. Maybe, Sensei will throw us a Wham chapter by stating that Rubel is a high ranking fellow "on the other side".
Rubel's just a mean bastard
Old 2008-10-04, 11:28   Link #295
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
I disagree. I found the manga version of him a lot more unbearable than the anime version, having read the manga first. The whole time, I just wished something out there, anything, would eat him.
I would have to disagree. In the anime. Raki was even more of a crybaby especially at the end. I would have to say almost any claymore fan likesthe manga better then the anime in general.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:30   Link #296
iLney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadz! View Post
Remember, they still know nothing about actual state of things with Raph and Luci, they presume something, but they cant even imagine they merged imho.
Nah. She's gone. Raph killed her, Rubel said Raph killed her, the Org only cared about Raph, if Isley didn't think that Luciela was gone, he wouldn't be so inactive in those years. Riful said "killed her and protected her at the same time." The "killed" is obvious, the "protected" can be seen as protecting the remain of Luciela, which could be her soul, her memory, her humanity ect... or just the physical body but not the monster within Luciela, not its power because if it was the case, all the thing Raph had done would be in vain and it would not fit the theme of Claymore.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:39   Link #297
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
No. Riful already told her objective to Audrey when she was playing with them. Audrey just reported what she heard back to the Org.
true, I just re-read that part, so if they were the group that Rubel was talking about, at least you can say that Audrey didn't sell the ghosts to the org

but still in this page he talks about the group they just met, then that would mean that the translation is wrong or the language is too ambiguous, or its just another group

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/84/05/
Old 2008-10-04, 11:40   Link #298
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
That's what I also told first. But I'm just playing with the possibility that since Riful was out there, she could also have intercepted other Claymores.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:41   Link #299
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
Hmm, according to Tanequk's TL, Renee cannot tell which between Riful and Raciella is stronger. (page 20 TL)

Does this imply that Raciella's just a bit stronger or equal to Riful? If this becomes the case, then Priscilla's still going to be the Top AB.
It implies nothing of the kind. It is easy to tell the difference of power between the moon and the sun, but when comparing two suns you get blinded looking directly into the light. I think it is without a doubt that Raciella is going to be stronger than Riful. You are just bound to underestimate a claymore that hides its true power level, especially when that is her specialty. The big irony of it all is that Riful should know better, having done the same recently to a group of cocky whipper snappers. The big question is: will Raciella outshine Priscilla? What we do know -- at least what Rene believes -- is that her awakening would vaporize one claymore and a number three AB. Did Priscilla's awakening vaporize anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
Also, the ghosts seem to have quite a lot of smart girls, now what will they do?, go back and tell Miria?, try to stop Riful before its too late knowing that its hopeless mission?, get into an inn and drink just to realize that its not fun without Helen?
I think you know the answer to that question. Clare's very nature will make her rescue a fellow warrior. If that were not true, then we would've never met Jean. Clare knows it. Rubel knows it. Good guys sure are predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
When Rubel said "we," it meant there were others?
Us -- in this case We -- and Them is classic spy talk representing the two sides of the two major powers. Are you one of Them?
Old 2008-10-04, 11:50   Link #300
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

I say Raciella is roughly around RIful's strength but Priscilla can pawn all of them. At least until Clare shows up.
Closed Thread